Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good old Rubi-ka

Good old Rubi-ka

Its nice to see that Rubi-ka is finally getting some love after all this time. Next thing would be to update weapons too. It seems a waste to have all those weapon and armor choices going to waste on Rubi-ka. Everyone is using shadowlands gear only now.

there are some fine RK weapons.. the problem is going to SL means using a high mind dmg weapon.. i wish there was a unifersally good weapon but in the end you just use a min dmg weapon full time..

i'd rather see them revamp some oldies on RK instead.. there are an obscene amount of junk weapons and armor on RK.. might be nice if they just tuned a few of those up.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    i'd rather see them revamp some oldies on RK instead.. there are an obscene amount of junk weapons and armor on RK.. might be nice if they just tuned a few of those up.
    Yeah, would be nice to see upgrades, especially to the weapons receptacles.

...and of course all those weapons from SOL, be it K-91, K-94, fire executioners, chironis, etc.

I hope they do this in the next few patches. Its been something i've been hoping for a long time. We can only dream. It would make Rubi-ka a place to hang out in again.

Having spent a large amount of quality time on R-K, as most of us i am sure have done in the past, i have seen an inordinately large amount of weapon choices that could be viable....if only they changed the Attack and recharge times on them.......

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124966

Take a look at that....fling/aimed/high MBS....yeah ok its a split req but so what eh
    Now imagine that at 1/1.....or even 1.2/1.2 increase the range and clip.....BANG viable weapon.

See what I'm getting at FC???

Moldark out.

P.S yeah ok maybe it would be overpowered or underpowered and ppl still wouldn't use it, just using that one as a demonstration (ill admit it was the first thing i thought of lol).
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

I miss the old Rider warblades. I used to dual wield those on my enforcer before I made Wrangeline and that enf was sexy! And I miss the support beam and hammer for enfos!

And I miss the novaflow, hellspinner, MA claws, police shotgun. I never used that one but it had burst

I miss Queen Blade enfos. Krutt shotguns. Manex.

I even miss Senpai armor! "Get senpai, it has the best armor modifiers!!"

Weapons of the old days are like the beatles, rolling stones, elvis, frank zappa, frank sinatra, deep purple.. Weapons today are like britney spears and 50 cent. Lots of damage (CD's sold) but no SOUL! No personality
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Weapons of the old days are like the beatles, rolling stones, elvis, frank zappa, frank sinatra, deep purple.. Weapons today are like britney spears and 50 cent. Lots of damage (CD's sold) but no SOUL! No personality
    I would personal love to dual wield a pair of "Frank Zappa's".
    They would need to have a stun and debuff proc though.
    ...since listening to him years ago left me slack jawed and tempted to give up guitar

On behalf of Hellspinner, Hellfury, Div9, and Exceptional Mother Nitrogena I support this.

Hell, the Div9 has a perfect way to work a new version is, as all the ones of today are replicas modeled after the strong originals. Add in a way to get the powerful vintage original.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

My 173 engi is in all rk gear :/
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    On behalf of Hellspinner, Hellfury, Div9, and Exceptional Mother Nitrogena I support this.

Hell, the Div9 has a perfect way to work a new version is, as all the ones of today are replicas modeled after the strong originals. Add in a way to get the powerful vintage original.
    agreed.

I'll post a few upgrade suggestions on hellfury/hellspinner when i get home. Won't be as uber as D-shark/Ofab Shark, but upgraded to provide an alternative choice

Maybe FC could take a look at it and possibly impilment :O
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Its nice to see alot of players agree with this. I just don't see how Funcom Never thought of this themselves. Old Omni entertainment would be crowded again. Just thinking of an updated Nova flow gives me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx View Post
    agreed.

I'll post a few upgrade suggestions on hellfury/hellspinner when i get home. Won't be as uber as D-shark/Ofab Shark, but upgraded to provide an alternative choice

wouldn't matter to me if it was worse than my shark....i just love the look of the BFG
    old skool FTW
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

agreed.

Then their BS :P

Hellspinner but with reflect reducer instead of snare proc would rule. Same dmg stats as D shark.
    Krause Equip

(Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")

Then their BS :P
    what, something outta the damage range of 290-500 isnt as good as 320-560/310-550? Then use the D-shark/ofab if you want max possible damage. Its an alternative weapon that i would use.
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

what, something outta the damage range of 290-500 isnt as good as 320-560/310-550? Then use the D-shark/ofab if you want max possible damage. Its an alternative weapon that i would use.
    Listen, if were finally gonna get a cool looking gun again, dont ask for it to be a slightly lesser version of what we have, thats just dumb. Could be the same but with a different effect. Like its reflect ripping instead of the snare.
    Krause Equip

Listen, if were finally gonna get a cool looking gun again, dont ask for it to be a slightly lesser version of what we have, thats just dumb. Could be the same but with a different effect. Like its reflect ripping instead of the snare.
    well i'm making it.. once i have it posted, then either flame or put constructive criticism and i'll change it if it seems good enough to me.

Please don't make this only about soldier weapons though. Suggest upgrades for more weaponlines as well
    Veteran of Equilibrium

true true.. my bad.

hmm.

Sorry about that.. was a bit of a rush with a tradeskiller, so couldnt write everything down.

What about an extension to those unqiue guns found at ql 45 or so?
    Last edited by Spartanx; Aug 6th, 2007 at 09:33:38.

What about an extension to those unqiue guns found at ql 45 or so?
    you mean like the ones that you find at ql 140-150?

bamp for making the old RK gear viable again.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

It would be fun to see weapons that are useable by froobs and decent for non-froobs, with semi-low requirements so froobs can use em, and high MBS so non-froobs can get a benefit from em. And it would add some diversity to current breed/prof/gear cookie-cutter setups.

Also updating bosses' loottable so you can drop upgrade for basic loot would be great, an upgrade to The One's armor sets for example.
    Being able to combine two RK armor pieces could be fun too, especially with RK armors that are being added to regular mobs' loottable.
    220 RK2 engineer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast