Thread: MA keeper

MA keeper

So...

Goal S10 whopass as in killing generals, general farming and such.

Idea is epic MA triple wielding for high rate of procing. (goal to get as much healing as possible for maybe generals.)

This would also free up perks for more active heals.

Anyone considered it or even actually tried it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

can u expand this idea .... maybe post an equip /perk stetup

as far as i know best keeper setup in s10 is with ecote(crit setup or def setup )

Hmm...what about the glory proc itself? It shows "2he attack skill", but the nano calls for any melee attack. The agent ones don't appear to have the same attack modifier nor do the weapon procs.

I don't see any way to OD the setup EQ alrdy mentioned
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

you'll get 45 attacks per minute with triple wield. add another 4 from brawl.

your real limitation will be IP.

Blue phys init, blue multi melee, blue brawl, blue and you'll want to IP 2he to keep wrath/fury going.

It's not easy. I considered doing this at 220 for the proc chances, but the perks end up doing a fair bit of damage so I decided against it.

Actually looking at 150...it might be better to try that with an agent. You'll have access to slayerdroid transference for +300 martial arts and both jarring shock (21%) + waves of jarring (15%) procs will fire on melee hits. If you want to try and build an MA build for proc firing I think that is your best bet.....

edit: Even better...if you cast Nanite's at 150 then FP trader gets you +420 MA skill............

edit#2: Heck you could even fp engie...cast transference right before fp ends for +300ma and then fp trader and get nanites up for another +420??? Sounds OP haha...

edit#3: And an Agent gains access to sticky shot, 22% crit proc (type-2)

edit4: realized the OP mentioned something about survival...but I can't see the keeper "havoc reaper" line with 10% chance to heal for 117 being all that helpful...still think agent might be kinda fun if you want to go DD whoring with MA setup!
    Last edited by Tinypain; Jan 1st, 2014 at 09:56:39.
    Storm

problem with MA agent is inits on MA weapon.

You'll be getting close to a 1.6/1.6 weap with that much MA skill.

I reckon your better bet is to stay mid tier MA skill, and load up on add dmg/inits and try to keep the attacks falling.

I also considered a similar approach to agent DD when I was doing a lot of S7. I used 2x SE energy pistols. With capped burst/fling and 36 normal/minute, and heavy add dmg you can really pump out the DD.

The nice thing about energy pistols is that you also get a perk line for it (power up), however, you can't perk it very far (I think 5 perks), but still you get energize out of it and that also helps.

I used Dchest/RBP/energy arul saba/DB bracer tier 5, purple hud 3, and keeper/soldier buffs for aura add dmg. It worked pretty nicely, but imo the conceal/AS capability of agent provided more useful burst damage against the adds in there.

What about using something like an x-9 missle pistol and either something with low burst/fa req or another x-9 and maxing out +crit? Kinda curious with the procs and sticky shot how well it would do in s10 from a pure DD standpoint.
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    What about using something like an x-9 missle pistol and either something with low burst/fa req or another x-9 and maxing out +crit? Kinda curious with the procs and sticky shot how well it would do in s10 from a pure DD standpoint.
    I think you're mixing ideas. So lets set a standard here:

Excal keeper in crit setup excels significantly not because of proc damage, but because of the damage range and speed of operation of that weapon (40 hits per minute with capped fast attack)

Results exceptional due to: 1. choice weapon 2. low AC's on mobs, 3. procs add to damage
    Results mixed due to: 1. higher AC's on generals, 2. crit isn't supported

MA with trip weild or straight fist - Excellent damage due to huge damage range on twinked out fist, with twinked up trip wield, damage is also significant - challenges: on straight fist inits become slow, and this results in less proc chances, which subsequently lower crit chance, which subsequently (significantly) reduces damage done

Results exceptional due to: 1. massive weapon 2. low AC's on mobs, 3. supported crit rating
    Results mixed because of: 1. inits slow down best weapon 2. damage range on supported weapons are low

So, if you we want to compare, for example agent MA to either of the above, we need to be clear on what we're comparing...

Are we comparing MA agent, or missile pistol agent, or missile pistol MA?

Either prof has good crit (and supported) crit rating availability, but what about procs?

Procs on agent are really the bread and butter for good damage dealing - the add dmg on the buff itself significantly adds to proc damage, and, for best results there are a higher number of attacks per minute:

So, the question on agent builds then, is do you aim for a supported crit setup and max crit at the expense of inits and add dmg, and hope the crit damage makes up for lower damage on procs/perks, or, do you aim for many attacks per minute (an as you've mentioned specials), and try to get as many hits per minute where add dmg stacks.

I don't know the answer but it's an interesting theoretical discussion - I just want to compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges.

Yep totally understand. I know my last response completely U-turned us from the original branch about the agent procs based on the OP's idea. I guess I would need to make a useable build with a 150 agent and play around with both concepts to see what really would work.

I find it hard to imagine someone out there hasn't tried using agent procs to a duel wielding advantage in lower playfields....but it would be cool for a profession notoriously neglected to have a niche setup capable of bringing some real DD to the table in s10
    Storm

Totally agree.

Agent procs are pretty incredible.

On my 200 agent with all support armour (4x ofab/IGPH/rest moly jathos) I can still pull very reasonable numbers in inf missions.

It actually is kind of funny, because for years I've seen agents complaining about damage, but if you actually use the toolset, they can do some pretty amazing damage.

I agree entirely about DPsing at lower levels. The interesting thing is that they actually have SO much add dmg that you can do pretty bloody well even if your primary weapons aren't that hot.

With http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=226429 blast of neglect +60
    or http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=226413 waves of jarring +42
    paired with http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=226396 jarring shock +50
    and of course form of the executioner (38)

maxed on power up and Black ops (44) and RBP (60) + Dchest (42) and 300 electrophoridae gloves (60) and purple hud (50), 1k board (25), 2x energy arul sabas (76), MOTR (32), barrow strength (15), 225CC in sleeves/legs/feet/head (49), 2x dmg NCU's (10), and combat AI augmentation hud (15), and 2x TL5 ring of power (energy) (50)

You're looking at about 615 add dmg, which in all honesty, is a ****load, considering some profs are getting standard hits of 500ish in S10.

If you went atrox you could score wit for extra 60, and of course you also got energize which adds more as well temporarily.

The obvious weapon that I see is ranged energy based to take advantage of the perk line to raise MBS, but, I could just as easily see that a weap with decent crit would be a likely contender as well.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=122904Premium Minielectronium if a great choice for fast normal damage, great crits, and adds fling

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=160151 Premium Light Suppressor might be allright for burst and reasonable damage

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=160499 Premium Sleekmaster classic not a bad choice, but kinda lowish damage range

Interestingly....

If you gave up the electrophorida gloves in favour of agent ofab gloves (3-4 crit).... and opted for fire damage...

check out these:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=122481 Premium El diablo -adding fling/burst 19-220 (625) - Fire AC

paired with:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=140395 Sparkling freedom arms 26-211 (850) - Fire AC

two guns with some pretty insane crit, but not completely useless damage ranges.

Imo, these would significantly beat out a missile pistol raid 9-x 3-142 (850) - Chemical AC

It's likely you'd need to fight fullish agg, but, you'd probably go FP doc anyway so no worries there.

ramping up crit instead of add dmg, you could find some nice balance with 2x igoc, agent gloves and a 13-15 scope which would make full agg necessary.

Other stuff is goddess boots http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=160569&ql=150 150 balaclava. Hard to say if those boots would beat out CC, but probably the 2 crit balaclava would outperform the CC.

With, say, a 13 crit scope, and 225 ofab gloves that's

13+2+2+2+4 + TTS 4+ FP MA for MoP 7 for 20 minutes +3 base = 34% crit with procs ramping up to 56%.

I reckon you could wtf destroy with this type of setup. Those weaps will be hitting crits around 4k I think. I doubt you'd cap fling and burst recharge, but fling would have a chance to crit which would be awesome, and burst would add another chance to proc.

Add the proc damage on top and I reckon it would be pretty decent damage.

I think I'm going to make an S10 agent to try this.

Yeah damn...that last post of yours really has my brain going....
    Storm

This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I think I'm going to make an S10 agent to try this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinypain View Post
    Yeah damn...that last post of yours really has my brain going....
    I had 2 agents, 1he totw, and s7 1he, mainly to do something different. Mixed results, although in both cases I feel the dps was greater than rifle agents, from more proc chances and additional specials from melee.

Chiroptera or spec edition axes. Tried using rapiers also but they were not as good as 1he, which remarkably agents have near same cost for 1he/sneak as they do for rifle/AS which is what prompted me to try it. I ignored crit setups and just went pure DD, and found that although I could not tank, my agent easily OD many enf/advy/keep. The procs are ridiculous and I could swear either glory or a proc fired off almost every 2-3 swings, which led me to another experiment.

I dont know if this has been fixed for agent procs, but their procs didn't over write each other. Like most profs procs can only have a single type 1 and single type 2 running. But unless this has been *fixed* agents could have all of their type 1 and type 2 procs running at same time, they didn't over write lower lvl ones. I only tried this because how fast those procs were firing off.

I literally had a hotbar with nothing but procs on it to see how many I could get to fire off and keep up at same time, lets just say it was ridiculous. Now I have not tested this since before server merge and I don't plan to reactivate those toons because they were literally rk2 test-play toons.

But after reading the above I might revive one of those toons and actually twink it out.

But this is really the wrong forum for this thread.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

ya, I was also thinking 1he.... but, I was thinking gelid blade of inobak...

it's fast enough, could get decent fast attack, BUT... it's another proc chance that's affected by add dmg.

realistically, 8% on each blade could get you a crapload more dps when you have good add cold dmg which is what you'd focus on for that weap.