Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 205 + and twinking Computer Lit & Grenade

Twinking Computer Literacy & Grenade Weaponry

**Note: This guide is aimed for the TL 7 audience though many items in here can also be considered for lower levels.

Ok, so you acquired That Bacam-Xum or That Super Alien Grenade gun, and can't get your booty to top shape to get it on...

there are 2 things that you need consider as you twink,

Items to consider:

A- Computer Literacy:

1- Computer Literacy Tutoring device ql 200 -> Store buyable (+50)

2- Ring of Computing x 2 -> Drops in the Catacombs // or Soft Ring with Fluff -> A lil hard to acquire and drops in variable QL but definatly better than a ring of computing if you can get your hands on it. Also Ring of Presence a Boss loot item from mission bosses or Rk dynas.

3- Breastplate of Technical Ceremonies -> Drops off the One (+10)

4- Control Unit Crepuscule Pants -> Tradeskill item (Check here for more info)

5- Repair Coordination Assistant -> Drops off the dryad bosses around Tundra (Stealing Dryad & freinds) (+10)

6- Frank's Nano Programming Gloves (Don't know yet, but somewhere in nasc/ely is my bet) (+10)

7- Small Ebony Figurine -> EFP Ace Camp (+20)

8- The thee Focus-Funneling Helper's (Loving, Rancorous, and Primitive) -> There is a guide on our forums somewhere. (+10 each = +30 total)

9- Control Unit Helmet -> Drops of Factioned mobs and bosses of all sorts throughout the Shadowlands

10- Virral Triumvirate Egg -> Tradeskilled item

11- Galahad Inc T70 Beyer x2 -> Missionable (+20 each = +40)

12- Dirty Bioplast Overall (+10 CL) Dyna drops

13- Strong Mittens of the Sagittarius (+40 CL) (Zodiac Drop .. Pande)

Ok now that you reached 1,500 Computer Literacy and got your Phatmos Booty on ... time to see what else you will need.

B- Grenade

1- Phatmos Booty (need to twink CL a bit ) (+75)

2- Red Bioplast Protective Helmet (+10) -> Dyna drops or Helmet Of Technical Ceremonies -> Drops off The One (+5)

3- Artillery Crepuscule Jacket -> Tradeskill item (Check here for more info)

4- T3 Chest Can add anything from 18-36 if you can acquire.

5- Pure Novictum Ring for the Control Unit -> Arachnis (inferno) (+10)

6- Ring of Divine Teardrops Or you may want to camp Eye of the Evening Star (Nodrop). -> Both Drop from Catacombs (or LOTV)

7- Carlos' Danger Boots / Allyssas' Ballistic Boots -> Drops in Penumbra off Vanya / Cama (+20)

8- Guardian Conductor of Plunder -> Tradeskilled tower (+30 or more)

9- Medium Distance Weapons Guide / Medium Ranged Weapons Guide -> Occasional drops of Factioned mobs (1 for Clan 1 for Omni)

10- Dirty Bioplast Overall (+10) Dyna drops

11- 250 Right Arm implant, 235 Eye/Right hand -> Missioned/Blitzed

12- Supple Armor Parts, and they’re combined results: Supple Armor , Combined Sharpshooter , Combined Commando . (Extremely Hard Acquire at this time).

*13- Star of Inguenity -> Pandemonium

*14- Pandemonium Loot ( Armplates of Elimination , Cancer's Gloves of Automatic Knowledge … etc.)

That is all I can think of off hand, since i am at work.
    I will update it with links when i get the chance.
    Last edited by Guojia; Jan 26th, 2006 at 21:25:49. Reason: Updating Links & Extra's and Spaced it out a lil as well.

Oh i forgot to add Buffs

You will need a NT, a Agent, and a High lvl trader handy.

buffs needed are :

1- Extreme Predjudice
    2- Grenade Expertise
    3- Computer Literacy Expertise
    4- Neural stimulator
    5- Feline Grace
    6- Enhanced Senses
    7- 147 Umbral wrangler
    8- Composite attribute

I just ran the numbers, and assuming nanomage and ql 300 items such as the control unit gear, rings of computing (i.e. not going to happen), as well as all 8 perks in the NCU Extensions line I see a shortage of 50 points in comp lit.

Perhaps I missed something.

Doing the numbers on my Opi eng at 211 I could barely get the phatmos booty in if I had *all* the items, which I don't. But then of course at 211 my opi eng is on track to get the hand mortar on without the booty (I'm just waiting on some perks to reset).
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

have used the ql 200 Computer lit Tutoring device? it adds 50 CL

I was lvl 211 when 15.5.5 patch came .. and i got it on at 211

I am solitus.

you should consider each item in that list

Control Crepuscule adds CL too
    (that is not same as control unit)

All this Number Crunching was done with 8 Perk Points in Demolitions and 0 points in NCU extensions
    Last edited by Guojia; Jul 29th, 2004 at 20:37:05.

Ah yes, it's very practical to get all that stuff on at 211 of course. My response was to the subject where you state 205+ so I was commenting that one would be short 50 points at 205.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

The title of the post was meant to be inteded to lvl 205 + engies who are looking toward they're next weapon upgrades .. i should have said TL 7 ,

yes my bad, i have not actually done the math for 205 ... according to my initial calculations i beleive a 207-209 Engineer could get it on not 205. Although i cannot confirm this atm. Also a Sided engineer can use Chosen/Faithful armor which has better mods for grenade than the artillery crepuscule armor.

Edit: spelling mistakes/ corrections in phrasing.
    Last edited by Guojia; Jul 29th, 2004 at 21:31:17.

Helmet of Tech Ceremonies is 5 'nade rather than 10. Very nice post though
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Nice post ... but looks more like wishful thinking to me ...

... I understand - all that shuld be on at the same time to get necessary Complit/Grenade ... then why does it have 4 ring slots occupied?
    Evan "Litestep" Vein ........ Rimor Agent
    "Maeltor" ........ Tradeskills Engie

Liteshop ........ Test server Trader/Explorer

Originally posted by Litestep
    Nice post ... but looks more like wishful thinking to me ...

... I understand - all that shuld be on at the same time to get necessary Complit/Grenade ... then why does it have 4 ring slots occupied?
    This is a 2 step process... CL first to get the Booty on.... then you twink Grenade to get the gun on after you are done with CL.

yes i understand some items being hard to acquire/equip... but twinking is never a simple process, you need to struggle to get the right items.

This information is a list of items i used (except pande stuff)

so they are attainable.

Actually ive found that at 205 I can equip Phatmos with a few extra buffing items besides what i currently have on/use:

tutor (+50)
    hud devices (+30)
    ql206 control unit helm (+21)
    expertise (+20)
    cl/qft pistols (+40)
    and some VTE's plus an NSfor the little extra cl buff

With being a few points over 1500 and other items already in use for buffing cl. Currently have the mortar all put together, with the use of some ts equip the 1750 ws required wasn't too difficult to obtain, now comes the fun part, getting enough grenade to equip the sucker.
    Sigian 220 Supreme Creator Neutral Engineer - RK1 Gear
    Semiazas 132 Sorcerer Neutral Nano-Technician - RK1 Gear
    Juvart 147 Union Man Neutral Enforcer - RK1 Gear
    Malakaii 157 Adventurer Neutral Adventurer - RK1 Gear

Account Created:
    2002-11-05 02:09:15
    This account was cancelled at:
    2005-12-28 23:51:18

Well, i equipped the Mortar at 212 w/ demo 9. The CL wasn't hard to make at all, used CL pistols, +18 helm, hud items, expertise...tricky part was to equip 255 eye/254 rhand. I barely made the treatment. Funny part was that after i cracked my head to eqp them found out that the 254 rhand only added 8 more grenade compared to a 200 one. Afterwards, i wanted to put on my faithfull chest. Heehe, coulden't w/ the grenade eye, was short on intell. Had to take all process from the start ....All the twinking was fun at the first 2 hours , but at the end it's worth all the time. It's a fubar gun and looks phat on a solitus chick when u /greet .
    Last edited by Ler; Aug 3rd, 2004 at 14:40:14.
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

Cant wait fo a thread "i equiped mortar at 2**"

im 208 , and for the 1500 comp lit im about 65 points short ( without and perks into ncu extentisons) and that is with all those items except Frank's Nano Programming Gloves , Small Ebony Figurine , Repair Coordination Assistant . Has anyone ever found the Franks nano gloves or a small ebony figurine +20 comp lit ? And even if they dont exist , what is the lowest level to get 1500 comp lit ?

Thumbs up

I believe that frank's nano gloves drop somewhere in nascense .... off some mobs nobody has seen, or found in a broken dungeon, either way ... apparently nascence has a loot table that hasn't been fully explored.

at 208 are you are using the best symbiants available to you .. (eye, r-hnad, brain) ?
    is that 65 without the ql 200 cl device?... and the ql of the control helm/crepuscule pants... matters ) (i know i don't need to mention this...)

high ql CL rings help quite a bit as well, don't forget to get all the buffs you can...

if you are still having trouble and are on RK2 send me a tell
    i'll see if i could help you
    Freshman Lord "Guojia" Buffbegsalot
    220 Neutral Solitus Engineer "Supreme Creator"
    First Neutral Engineer to reach Enlightenment Of Anarchy Online

-= Just Visiting =-

I have a ql258 control hat ( adds +23 ) and planning on getting ql200ish crespucale pants ( +17 ) and yes i need 65 with a tutoring device

btw found a few other items that add to comp lit

Omni Special Issue grey armor ( low level stuff you get for turning in rat pieces to omni tailor ) adds +1 each piece , so you could get gloves , sleevesx2 and boots for +4.

Ql200 Senior Omni Intern-Op Coat ( back slot ) adds +8 to comp lit as well

oh and i have ql200 growing control brain , ql210 living eye symbiant , and ql220 persisting right hand
    Last edited by MrHustle; Aug 11th, 2004 at 22:05:04.

How does the mortar compare to a good dual wield pistol combination? Wouldn't the pistol combo yield higher AR and some specials, meaning more dmg in practicaly every situation? Sure this gun sure has some nice modifiers but wouldn't the lvl cap on the higher nanos prevent you to take advantage of that mc boost anyway?

Actually Sairon, this gun is really ment for us ... why you ask?

we get 75 MC from this gun,
    saboteurs gives TS, as well as many other items ... which stack up and make up four our lack of TS, compensating the mods of the gun, as for the dmg , it' stable dmg, and high at that... i hit for min dmg of 1190 approximately, at 1/1 (or is it 1/1.5 can't tell the difference fast enough imo), i just stopped oding my slayer... when i cast the Fieldsweeper .

probelm is imo, i still need to take off the gun to put on phulaks when i want to cast my best ac buffs or cannot find a trader to pull out pets (this is not to mention the need for mochalms ofcourse ) >,<.
    now if the gun was to give MM as well ^^, but that would prolly unbalance it.

Also i would like to know if you got the booty/bacam on at 205?
    Last edited by Guojia; Aug 12th, 2004 at 16:50:10.
    Freshman Lord "Guojia" Buffbegsalot
    220 Neutral Solitus Engineer "Supreme Creator"
    First Neutral Engineer to reach Enlightenment Of Anarchy Online

-= Just Visiting =-

and ... what is the drop frequence of the phatmos booty ... ? i m camping it ... and everyone who killed him said they never see any engi item on him ... :s
    Canardh, Supreme Creator on Atlantean.
    > tradeskiller lvl 213 <
    "May the Coin be with you."

I've seen this thing drop at least 10 times by now.... And been offered it by friends quite often too.
    Imho one of the easier boss-loots to get...
    Blondengy - lvl 220 Engineer, RK1
    Stitchgal - lvl 213 Doc, RK1

BeBot - a PHP guild and raidbot. Modular OOP buildup. Try it out and you'll like it!

it seems that i was just a stupid omni waiting something from a claner team ....
    Canardh, Supreme Creator on Atlantean.
    > tradeskiller lvl 213 <
    "May the Coin be with you."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast