Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AOSkills2 & implantHelper & CharacterParser & AO Item Assistant - test release

AOSkills2 & implantHelper & CharacterParser & AO Item Assistant - test release

download link

This is a binary only pack consisting of AOSkills2 v2.32, implantHelper v1.16, CharacterParser v1.0 and a modified build of the current (0.9.5) AO ItemAssistant (more on that below).

What does all this do? The version of AOIA contained here-in has some of the debug code enabled so that the server->client fullsync packages are dumped to file (these are sent when you zone and contain many details of your character). It also produces a larger aoitems.db with additional information on item modifiers.

These fullsync bin files can then be loaded into CharacterParser which will analyse them and spit out several files. A "raw" character file which can be loaded into AOSkills2 (File->Open Raw Data...), an AOSkills2 implant file (Implants->Load Implants), and AOSkills2 equipment file (Equipment->Load Equipment), an AOSkills2 perk file (Perks->Load Perks), an implantHelper file (File->Open...), and an HTML page of links to auno.org for the character's equipment (saved in the rawdata folder).

The only things it won't give you are currently running buffs, and any organisation related modifiers (city, contracts and towers), those will still have to be entered manually.

This is an initial release just to get feedback, so no source (though if you want a copy of that you can PM me, though I'll only send the changed files for AOIA).

Thanks to Adjuster for AOIA itself, making the source available, and including the functionality I needed in it's debug/test code. I hope the changes I've made can be incorporated into the official build sometime.

And last, but certainly by no means least, very special thanks to Suicidal for writing a basic parser for me, which enabled me to extract far more of the information from the data stream than I'd have been able to otherwise (and to all those who've helped figuring this out).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Awesome! Look forward to trying it out.

Thanks for all the work you do on these utilities.

Saw
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Quote Originally Posted by sawbones2 View Post
    awesome! Look forward to trying it out.

Thanks for all the work you do on these utilities.

Saw
    qft
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Security Risk Warning

I ran used these tools on a test computer and found that these tools attempted to install Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant and Windows Presentation Foundation in firefox without any dialogs or prompts.

as seen on this page:
    https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/blocklist/

Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant and Windows Presentation Foundation, all versions, for all applications. Reason: remote code execution vulnerability (see bug 522777).
    more info about what this does:
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic..._users_at_risk
    http://blogs.technet.com/srd/archive.../ms09-054.aspx

and yes, it also effects IE not just FireFox.

I do not discredit the OP, because it's an attack related directly to MICROSOFT.
    Please use with caution.

(WTF? Microsoft now writes malware to promote their own crap?)

@OP: Reason for this install is the .NET Framework 3.5. I recommend using 2.0 if possible.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Oct 17th, 2009 at 10:08:13.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Security Risk Warning

I ran used these tools on a test computer and found that these tools attempted to install Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant and Windows Presentation Foundation in firefox without any dialogs or prompts.
    As you are also using .Net for your tool (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=562001) I recommend you give the OP some tips how to disable this behaviour (if that is even possible).

Just using an older version of .Net is not an option IMHO. I don't want to downgrade. I just disabled all plugins that I don't need.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

WTF? Microsoft now writes malware to promote their own crap?
    MS and malware has been together as long as I can remember. Most famous being the WGA that only screws legal OS owners and by every bit of it's behavior is malware, but since MS made it, it's ofcourse ok..

PS: I'm not MS hater, just the facts here..
    Last edited by Suicidal; Oct 17th, 2009 at 15:14:58.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Sorry for double post, but what tool actually attempts to install it? All of them? I haven't noticed such behavior *shrug*

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    As you are also using .Net for your tool (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=562001) I recommend you give the OP some tips how to disable this behaviour (if that is even possible).

Just using an older version of .Net is not an option IMHO. I don't want to downgrade. I just disabled all plugins that I don't need.
    @OP: Reason for this install is the .NET Framework 3.5. I recommend using 2.0 if possible.
    not a downgrade, just a simple configuration change in his projects' properties, under compile->advanced compile options

Suicidal:
    .NET Framework 3.5 contains this sneaky little devil and since my test PC didn't have 3.5 installed, it auto-installed itself along with the malware.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

"These tools" install no such thing, though as AOIA requires .NET 3.5, you will need to install that, and that does install the aforementioned addon.

As far as I'm aware, the (known) flaws have been fixed, and you can even uninstall the addon, so a friendly warning re .NET 3.5 SP1 was all that was needed, so can you perhaps avoid the faintly hysterical OTT text next time? Especially when as pointed out, you have failed to provide the same warning in the threads for your own tools.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

.NET Framework 3.5 contains this sneaky little devil and since my test PC didn't have 3.5 installed, it auto-installed itself along with the malware.
    So, problem is not about these tools, but .NET 3.5. Yet you said these tools attempt to install the addons.. eh.. nothing to see here, moving on.

Just a side note: the latest version of Firefox recognises the "bad" plugins and blocks them automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    These fullsync bin files can then be loaded into CharacterParser which will analyse them and spit out several files. A "raw" character file which can be loaded into AOSkills2 (File->Open Raw Data...), an AOSkills2 implant file (Implants->Load Implants), and AOSkills2 equipment file (Equipment->Load Equipment), an AOSkills2 perk file (Perks->Load Perks), an implantHelper file (File->Open...), and an HTML page of links to auno.org for the character's equipment (saved in the rawdata folder).
    Extracting raw data, perks, implant helper, and HTML works fine.

Extracting implants and equipment doesn't work for me. I get only these files:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <IMP>
    <HP>
    <IMP>0</IMP>
    </HP>
    <NANO>
    <IMP>0</IMP>
    </NANO>
    </IMP>
    and

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <EQUIP>
    <HP>
    <EQUIP>0</EQUIP>
    </HP>
    <NANO>
    <EQUIP>0</EQUIP>
    </NANO>
    </EQUIP>
    I tried it with a few toons of mine. Any ideas? I can send you the raw data if necessary.

You are running against a fresh aoitems.db file created by the supplied version of AOIA? It seems odd that it can create an equipment map and implantHelper file but not the modifiers otherwise. And you unzipped everything to the same folder ok?
    Last edited by Darkbane; Oct 17th, 2009 at 19:36:45.

"These tools" install no such thing, though as AOIA requires .NET 3.5, you will need to install that, and that does install the aforementioned addon.

As far as I'm aware, the (known) flaws have been fixed, and you can even uninstall the addon, so a friendly warning re .NET 3.5 SP1 was all that was needed, so can you perhaps avoid the faintly hysterical OTT text next time? Especially when as pointed out, you have failed to provide the same warning in the threads for your own tools.
    but I did explicitly state, that the problem was with 3.5 and not your code.
    my tools use 2.0 so there is no need for such warning.
    and fixed or not, the warning was necessary for those who might not update often.
    I do not discredit you or your work, but I do feel it was necessary for such a warning.
    I apologize if I have offended you in any way, tho it was unintentional.

You are running against a fresh aoitems.db file created by the supplied version of AOIA? It seems odd that it can create an equipment map and implantHelper file but not the modifiers otherwise. And you unzipped everything to the same folder ok?
    The only thing I did after unzipping everything in its own folder was to copy the database of my previous version of AOIAS (=ItemAssistent.db) to the new directory in order to use the items I had registered with it immediately.

I just watch this behaviour more closely and let it create a new aoitems.db. Maybe I did something else wrong.

Curious... I'll need to make a debug build for you then so we can see what is going on.

I just watch this behaviour more closely and let it create a new aoitems.db. Maybe I did something else wrong.
    I removed the aoitems.db and let AOIAS create a new one from scratch. CharacterParser is now able to create the complete set of files.

It seems there was a slight incompatibility with my previous version of AOIAS and your newer version.

No need to create a debug verions. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    So, problem is not about these tools, but .NET 3.5. Yet you said these tools attempt to install the addons.. eh.. nothing to see here, moving on.
    No, the tool attempts to run and the OS then goes ahead and installs the other stuff.
    Rimor server ftw! I left AO years ago and recently came back.
    Nobody dies on the Insidious Doctor Fu Manchu's team, nobody!
    I, the Doctor, decide who lives and dies, not some mob."
    Dispensing quality information for years now:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciggie View Post
    man thanks for the info ure my new idol.

I removed the aoitems.db and let AOIAS create a new one from scratch. CharacterParser is now able to create the complete set of files.

It seems there was a slight incompatibility with my previous version of AOIAS and your newer version.

No need to create a debug verions. It works.
    One of the changes was to the effects table in aoitems.db, without that being correctly set up, things wouldn't quite work right as you noticed. I should maybe have made it clearer that you'll need to let this AOIS make it's own aoitems.db from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOmniDoctor View Post
    No, the tool attempts to run and the OS then goes ahead and installs the other stuff.
    And the recent .NET updates re-add them, although those same updates also resolve the known security issues, but Firefox can't (atm) tell if you are patched or not so a general block is the best that can be managed for now.

Windows Presentation Foundation add-on is blocked by FF and can't be enabled. Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant extension was also blocked and with update was possible to uninstall, so if your FF and .NET are up to date, then there is no risk from these.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast