Thread: Lets all just ./Quit

Lets all just ./Quit

This game is not what it used to be. It is almost dead, we lost Sillirron and they have given us Means who just meddles with things and has no idea of how the AO community likes to play. these changes will make this game bland and i do not feel is worth playing as is, I am making this petition to means to actually listen to the players, if you share these feelings with me about OUR game Please Sign below
    bob

Are you honestly saying that Sil listens more then means... thats... seriously out of touch with the game that you are claiming the GM is out of touch with.

Heck even in this forum there is a thread talking about how out of touch with gamers that Sil is. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=564228

80% of the current game imbalances came while Sil was GM not before him.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

game is getting worse, you are hijacking my thread and steering my point offcourse
    bob

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Are you honestly saying that Sil listens more then means... thats... seriously out of touch with the game that you are claiming the GM is out of touch with.

Heck even in this forum there is a thread talking about how out of touch with gamers that Sil is. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=564228

80% of the current game imbalances came while Sil was GM not before him.
    While I dislike a lot of what Sil brought upon us, he's not responsible for 80% of current issues.

Advies having access to Acrobat AND on demand heals AND bio cocoon AND root immunity?

The current ability for anyone to get an 11s AS, or include an always capping AS hit in their alpha arsenal?

Ridiculously high runspeed causing massive sync issues for melee professions?

Mongo Rage?

Non "combat" professions being denied any useful attack perks so they can kill too?

And that's just PvP issues. You can't blame Sil for every problem that still plagues AO to this day since the problem was first introduced.

"Sil" type problems haven't suddenly disappeared with the arrival of Means. Ranged Adventurers anyone?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Range Advy was a valid change, they had been the underdog for years and are getting a short time in the light before being snuffed out again with the planed changes.

Sil refused to touch perks because they were "Balanced and don't need to be changed" Means on the other hand is willing to change those, while Sil may not have brought us MR and such he sure didn't do anything to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestoftehbest View Post
    game is getting worse, you are hijacking my thread and steering my point offcourse
    How is the game getting worse? You mean player population going down? There's not really much he can do about that, Means doesn't control marketing for AO and does what he can, heck he flew halfway across the world to promote the game which is more then most players would be willing to do.

So, how is the game getting worse? (This is a serious question and not attempting to derail your post in the slightest.)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Range Advy was a valid change, they had been the underdog for years and are getting a short time in the light before being snuffed out again with the planed changes.

Sil refused to touch perks because they were "Balanced and don't need to be changed" Means on the other hand is willing to change those, while Sil may not have brought us MR and such he sure didn't do anything to remove it.
    No, that EASE of offense coupled with Advy defense was -not- a valid change.

You call a change that makes 90% of melee advies switch to ranged (bearing in mind the capabilities of melee advies) overnight a valid change? The hell are you smoking?

Advies didn't warrant 80% checks on those perks. I'm not saying they didn't need some tweaking, or have the same perks on a 100% check. If you think Ranged Advies are suddenly going to go the way of the Dodo with 100% check perks that can deal that sort of damage, you're delusional.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Using Aimshot as a Band-Aid for pvp is just retarded :P
    Switzerland Atrox Agent on Rimor, Proud Member of Devil Inside

Need Plvl? 5-150

RK2- Switzerland Shankz Newzealand Interpol Switzz
    Switzernuke Switznuke41 Switznuke90

RK1-Switzerland Switznuke9 Switznuke40 Switznuke90

Well, yes i do quit. Simply because of advies and NTs. Not more to say because i'm sick and tired of discussing balance gaps because there's always idiots having other opinions. And by the sound of the recent FwM changes (specially reasonable ones ) wont hit live before duke nukem forever.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Bestoftehbest View Post
    This game is not what it used to be. It is almost dead, we lost Sillirron and they have given us Means who just meddles with things and has no idea of how the AO community likes to play. these changes will make this game bland and i do not feel is worth playing as is, I am making this petition to means to actually listen to the players, if you share these feelings with me about OUR game Please Sign below
    If you're unhappy find another game and stop whining. You're delusional if you think you'll get many people signing your post and quit the game over night because you're upset about some recent changes made to the game.

I'm very impressed with the recent progress of the new Game Director. In case you haven't noticed he at least is trying to communicate with players, and keep us informed (sure it would be nice to have more web casts, but at least he's produced 1)

He wants to fix some of the most annoying game elements that's great let him do this.

Like I said - if you want to leave the game that's your choice, go right ahead, but the game cannot be getting worse, if anything its becoming more and more out of date, but that's another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanjohn View Post
    He wants to fix some of the most annoying game elements that's great let him do this.
    Thats the problem. He talks and talks and talks... yet he only practically made the game worse with 1hb/1he enfs and they already mentioned ranged advies. I'm not seeing this going anywhere.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

ya let's all play runescape where there are no classes and the combat system is based on pure luck.

Whatever game you play people will find something to bitch about.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Well, with upcoming breed perk changes every single of my current twinks that fill my account will be useless so i support this idea.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Tissues, right here, get your tissues!
    Xaijen - 158 Engineer - Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Xaijen View Post
    Tissues, right here, get your tissues!
    I'll make sure theres plenty of sad violin background music, just to add to the whiney ambiance.

At least the game started changing under Silirrion and Means.

I'm okay with imbalance shifting to favor different professions, breeds and factions from time to time. It's certainly better than having a few professions in a permanent state of godmode, and expecting perfect balance is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    there's always idiots having other opinions.
    Yes, clearly anyone with opposing opinions to you are IDIOTS. Shut up.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

This is a forum for suggestions, not for public quit announcements. You are given the option to register feedback when you cancel your account, and you may also e-mail feedback@anarchy-online.com.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka