Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LVL 15 Fr00b PvP Tournament

LVL 15 Fr00b PvP Tournament

This thread is now dedicated to the discussion of future pvp events. Yesterday was so much fun for me and I'm very greatful for everyone that participated. The way I see it this "league", if you will, belongs to you guys as much as it does to me. I know the planning of the event and my reasoning behind the rules was flawed and I'm appreciative of all the constructive critisism, patience and help getting through the first event. All this being said and in the light of things learned during our first event how would you guys like to proceed with future events in terms of adjusted rules, balancing, or maybe even completely new ideas?

I've seen a few good things on the board so far. I'd just like to start with a few ideas of mine; I like level 15 but I'm not opposed to changing or adding another level range to the league. I still think bracket style elimination isn't the best idea because it will be very short and everyone will already know the outcome. I like the round robin style competition with points earned from dueling, but if we continue on this way maybe take away best 2 out of 3. This could even be integrated into like a point based raid bot and you can use your points to purchase the rewards... just an idea. I didn't, like everyone else, like how long it made the event. So I'm certainly open to ideas in that area. I also have some ideas to balance traders and enforcers and allow them to join (ex. Traders must use store bought shotguns only and enfos must use store bought melee weapons). We shouldn't be allowed to kill MP pets at all on top of being unable to CC them. Doctors vs Doctors match ups should disallow the use of stims for the sake of time.

What do you guys think of these things? Any other ideas?

Also below is still the results of last tourny.
    Last edited by Unparalleled; Feb 21st, 2016 at 22:12:15.

Current Roster

1. Unparalleled
    - Dealtwith - Opifex Adventurer BEST ADVENTURER

2. Torpe
    - Tabqforlife - Solitus Soldier NO SHOW + BEST SOLDIER

3. Handgun
    - Spacemullet - Opifex Fixer BEST FIXER

4. Legendfluff
    - Froobkillr - Nanomage Agent
    - Ihitmeat - Nanomage MP

5. Ilikedagunz2
    - Gunzsifu - Atrox Martial Artist NO SHOW

6. Bitnykk
    - Bitgunner - unspecified Engineer NO SHOW + BEST ENGINEER

7. Kesher
    - Funlabs - Atrox Agent NO SHOW

8. Moodypig
    - Mssbish - Nanomage MP BEST MP

9. Dhard
    - Runjamal - Nanomage Doctor OVERALL 2ND PLACE

10. Deshark
    - Coffindodger - Nanomage Doctor DID NOT COMPLETE

11. Doctank
    - Vitallity - Opifex MA NO SHOW

12. Drdrainzzz
    - Romparkin - Nanomage Doctor OVERALL 1ST PLACE + BEST DOCTOR

13. Dragonwrath
    - Dragonkick - Atrox MA OVERALL 3RD PLACE + BEST MA

14. Healingtiger
    - Snipertiger - Atrox Agent BEST AGENT

https://leverade.com/en/tournament/104576/ranking Here is the final outcome of the tourny.
    Last edited by Unparalleled; Feb 21st, 2016 at 04:28:38.

I think you should change the place ... the new ICC is a very laggy area ....if over 10 players get registered + outside viewers + the people that are just randomly there .....

Quote Originally Posted by Unparalleled View Post
    How To Enter

- To enter send Unparalleled a letter through the mail in-game with your main's name and the name, profession and breed of the toon(s) you are entering to compete. You can also include something about the build (ex. "Gripocom agent with crit setup"). I will list all entries to the public roster as I receive them.
    Not sure how many froobs will show up, but your rules make it quite fair and possible for froobs to actually have a good time. But your means of entry will prevent froobs from being able to apply.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Seeing people doing stuff like this for the froobs is heart touching, because even the froobs can annoying to some, but for me they are potential new generations that can pump new blood into AO ... I want to donate creds and items to make the price attractive, where can i donate?
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Not sure how many froobs will show up, but your rules make it quite fair and possible for froobs to actually have a good time. But your means of entry will prevent froobs from being able to apply.
    they can log their main account to do it. they don't need to do it off the froob account

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    they can log their main account to do it. they don't need to do it off the froob account
    Froobs, as in free players with no paid account, they have no access to the mail system, how are they supposed to register ?
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by metaluv View Post
    Froobs, as in free players with no paid account, they have no access to the mail system, how are they supposed to register ?
    what do you mean? everyone posting on these forums has a paid account (or at least they should, and if they don't they should keep quiet about that fact). therefore anyone replying to this thread would have a main paid account that they could send mail from.

I didnt know about froobs not being able to use mail system. Well any sort of official messaging system in or out of game will do. I want full-time froob players to join in too. Ill update the main to help aid in the matter. Ill put up one of my personal emails in there they can send to instead.
    Ive also been posting about it on the AO facebook page...so far nothing but negative attention. But whatever.

Anyway, as of right now no entries besides myself. If you guys are really wanting it to happen start posting this thread link in game to your orgs or /shout it in bor or ICC. I will be on board until the last minute.
    Last edited by Unparalleled; Jan 22nd, 2016 at 00:24:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Eqvestre View Post
    I think you should change the place ... the new ICC is a very laggy area ....if over 10 players get registered + outside viewers + the people that are just randomly there .....

I see. I dont experience too much lag there. I was really hoping for it to be in a really public area so if it happens it can get alot of attention. Also its right where all the new players come out, and we want those guys to stick around. If it ends up being too much lag we can move it to a less populated corner of ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Seeing people doing stuff like this for the froobs is heart touching, because even the froobs can annoying to some, but for me they are potential new generations that can pump new blood into AO ... I want to donate creds and items to make the price attractive, where can i donate?

I have items and creds available to donate to players as well. I will also be helping to ladder implants and crafting carb upon request. I will keep my eye out for entries that need "sponsors".

Quote Originally Posted by mpdeezntz View Post
    FP Trader/Enf? :-P

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Unparalleled View Post
    Go for it!
    how about agents casting mp pets and then terminating to go fp trader/enf?

hide at start of the duel or at any time allowed? i would prefer not

Quote Originally Posted by Eqvestre View Post
    hide at start of the duel or at any time allowed? i would prefer not
    Good call. Duel rules edited.

This would be cool as a true newcomer's battle with a rack of prizes. I would donate to that gladly but I suspect actual twinks with access to Nomad / Lya's gear etc will walk away with this. Put agents in their own bracket or disallow mimic enfo/trader for them as well. What do they give up to the actual prof in these cases?

hhmm this sounds fun 2 do on a froob style

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    This would be cool as a true newcomer's battle with a rack of prizes. I would donate to that gladly but I suspect actual twinks with access to Nomad / Lya's gear etc will walk away with this. Put agents in their own bracket or disallow mimic enfo/trader for them as well. What do they give up to the actual prof in these cases?
    true with that also agents can turn into doc prof sure they will lose alot of nano but if 2+ heals with the nano setup culd win the duel also. if agents culdnt fp enf/trader setup.

I wasn't too worried about FP trader because it takes 138 (?) PM, SI and BM. This leaves you with no slots in your imps to buff TS. So that's roughly 72 base TS skill, minus 25 from FP, plus 20 from expertise, plus 4 if you have TS buffing Miy's nanos armor. Leaves you back with around 71 TS which won't be able to accomplish the most impressive drains. Keep in mind there won't be a chance to predrain, your self buffed, there's a huge nano init. and cost debuff. I'll still call off FP'd agents. You guys are probably right.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast