Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

How goes the talks with FC Doc? Are they going to use your art? You have done quite a bit to think they are not. Would just love a status of this as I think it rocks when the players give back. Great Job and AWESOME work.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    [ ] 08) Special Pearl
    This actually drops? never seen one and boy, I've seen stuff in AO

Furthermore, there's other items using gem graphics as well - I dunno if you fancy a challenge after you've done with these, but in case you do, e.g. Kyr'Ozch Data Cores all use the Cold Stone graphic.

I am enjoying your graphics a lot
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Furthermore, there's other items using gem graphics as well - I dunno if you fancy a challenge after you've done with these, but in case you do, e.g. Kyr'Ozch Data Cores all use the Cold Stone graphic.
    would one of the first 3 items in this old batch fit the data core?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...OPicWork01.png

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    This actually drops? never seen one and boy, I've seen stuff in AO

I am enjoying your graphics a lot
    almost 30 "items" use the coldstone icon even

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Cheers!
    Honestly I think all 3 of them would fit well as a data core. I think I like the middle one the best though the third one definitely has an alien feel to it.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Cheers!
    I think the first one could do the core well.
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    Honestly I think all 3 of them would fit well as a data core. I think I like the middle one the best though the third one definitely has an alien feel to it.
    I agree, the middle one says "data core" to me when I look at it.

make more nano icons too ^^

all the nukes a tl7 nt uses have same icons , its anoying
    IU/double/tripple/LE AOE /...
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Cheers!
    I love the look of those three, however, the description for the Kyr'Ozch Data Core says that it is a smooth blue sphere. I think it would be cool if it remained a smooth blue sphere, but took on a more alien appearance rather than just looking like the Cold Stone icon. Perhaps it could be slightly translucent and we could see glowing electronics inside. Or, maybe it could be opaque but have some sort of glow to it.

If you change the icon too much from the description then that means that the Devs have to make an extra step of changing the description to match the appearance of the icon, and I think this should be as simple for the Devs to deal with as possible. The fewer steps they have to take the more likely it is to be modified.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

How about this for the Kyr'Ozch Data Core,. it's smooth, it's blue and it resonates data...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...rDataCore1.jpg

it's a transparent blue sphere with second a data sphere inside, so the inner texture is easy to change if variations are needed.

Cheers!

How about this for the Kyr'Ozch Data Core,. it's smooth, it's blue and it resonates data...

it's a transparent blue sphere with second a data sphere inside, so the inner texture is easy to change if variations are needed.

Cheers!
    Looks good!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Here is my current work in progress on the full set of filigree rings. These are the Silver filigree versions, the gold and platinum are also rendered, but this will give you a good idea of what direction I'm going with these..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...e_Sample01.jpg

In order left to right, top to bottom, Almandine, Amber, Aquamarine, Balas Ruby, Black Opal, Blue Pearl by Conner, Chrysoberyl, Cold Stone, Coral, Crystal Sphere, Demantoid, Diamond, Ember Sphere, Emerald, Fire Opal, Ruby Pearl and Water Opal.

Cheers!

wow, cannot believe i just found this thread. superb work doc! the thought of your designs not making it ingame gives me fartburn. wait... thats the cayanne pepper at work

oh, and bump!
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Definately deserves a bump. I really hope FC decides to use this.

Its a datacore alright.

Defenetlee. The gemstones need a bit more differentiation on the colors? Seems to me, some blue colored stones look to similar.

Rings look 5 star quality. Dont change them plox
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Cheers!
    Perfect!

Cheers!
    First of all: very nice work! (been following this thread a while now, but never posted yet .
    About the Kyr'Ozch Data Core, it does look like what you could expect from a blue sphere data core. Though maybe it doesn't look to alien, but that's merely due to the description I think: everything alien seems to be green while this is blue .

While it looks good, it doesn't look perfect yet. It somehow seems to miss a little 3D feeling, especially in the small version. I'm afraid I don't know enough about this stuff to point out the issue exactly. My guess is that it's something with the edges though.

The image reminds me to Basic/Advanced Calculator :P.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Cheers!

Perfect indeed ! I like that alot
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Very nice, definitely a step in the direction for AO if these make it in game.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 18 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast