Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Shade love?

Unhappy Where's the Shade love?

This post is biased to Shades as that's all I play. I dont care that other classes may have issues, this is what affects me and any fun I get from AO as a game.

Endgame options are pretty much BS, BS and BS. Perhaps options like Towers or Tara. See a theme? PVP. We suck at it.

I dont consider myself gimp, either as a player or through equipment but I can get (as soli shade) 2500 AR max. I cant hit soldiers, keepers or fixers unless they're really gimpy, and have trouble with all other classes if they're well equipped and played well. My friendly local Enfo can get 3k AR before MR. What gives?

OK so we're crap at offense lets look at other options.. Defense. I plug in all my defensive spirits, wear lots of +AAD, perk CiB 10, pop DoF, and still get whacked in an instant. Surely we should be close to fixer invulnerability if we perk that way and bias our equipment defensively? Well at least I can heal myself or fire off cocoon. No..

Well yay for 17.4, we get ... nothing. Well, a couple of non class specific options. Where's out back-wear? Where's our Dreadloch weapons? Where's ANY of the stuff on the shade wish-list in our forum? Hello? Is there anyone there?

Why doesnt FC just say BS is for Soldiers, Pet Classes, Keepers and Trox?

Hell I'd even join the masses and level a soldier or keeper if there was an alternative to the linear leveling path and token grind we're forced down if we want to get anywhere.

PVP is so broken it's laughable. Testing in the silo against a fixer, I was able to hit him 40% without DoF. He popped DoF, and now I was able to hit him..... 40%. Lets not forget that every class stands better chance using an AS weapon.

Well I could always just join the fluffies and do RP stuff in game with some of the many "events" that GM's run. Lets see, the last one was a big alien raid in Rome, where the big bad boss in the lagfest was a massive level 200. woo. My other recent encounter with a GM lead to my death (uncloaked me using a /stuck kind of method in the middle of enemies).

Looks like I'm done with AO (again), at least until an EP offers a proper review of content or alternative things to do than SK the same old ways. I've set one of my subscriptions to run for another month just to play with friends while they wait for their subs to expire also. Right now I pretty much just use AO as I would IRC, hardly worth paying for. FC isnt offering me anything. I actually have better memories of AO as a game before SL came out.

GL and HF!

Keea.
    220/23 Shade RK2

As always will be ignored, moved and buried..

Shades are THE most neglected prof, simple as that.

PVM shades are even falling behind or the gap is closing, so ya sorry sorry state....

So, whats the "vision" for shades anyway now? because someone seems blind.
    Eluisa, 220 Doctor of Dewm!
    Cherries, 220 Shade of Bewbs!
    Lidan 190 Martial Artist of Nano!
    Mefesto, 183 Enforcer of Flab!
    Catti, 163 Crat of Hecknoob!

General of Paradise

not so much that shades are falling behind in damage, its just that since everyone elses has improved, mobs aren't living long enough for shades to get through all their perk trees.

personally, i'd love to see FC remove the chaining of multiple perks, 'cause for melee users in pvp, its virtually impossible to chain two perks together.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Shade love? Unthinkable!
    Last edited by Rubera; May 24th, 2007 at 07:33:04. Reason: sarcastic smiley added for clarification ;p
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

powah to deh shadez <3

imo just finally let the ql 280+ spirits drop :/ then we will have something to actually 'twink' ... ... only cause it would be to much to ask for you to combined all the types of spirits together like normal symbiants.

-Deh Rose
    Resident of RK2 Rimor

lvl 220 Shade SlicingRoses
    lvl 216 Doc BleedingRose

Cool Shade Love??

Hmmmmm,

1. Funcom routinely ignores any and all posts on the Shade forum.
    [Funcom response: "Shade Forum? We have one of those"]
    2. Funcom routinely ignores any and all posts concerning Shades in the Update Forums.
    [Funcom response: "Shades? Are there actually people pleaying them? I thought they died off after 15.0.1!"]
    3. Our so-called "Professionals" rountinely ignore any and all concerns the rest of us have regarding our professions (seems they are too busy with thier other Toons...).

Conclusion?
    All of the ignorance and neglect is actaully SHADE LOVE!

I guess this deserves a Bump.

Kunares - Fixer (still leveling) - Atlantean

They didn't want it good, they wanted it Wednesday.
    - Robert A. Heinlein

The sad thing about the 280+ Spirits problem is it would be so laughably easy to fix. I had a suggestion to get it taken care of but it didn't gain popular support. Except from Kyai, which was nice. Their words often carry weight in this little community of ours.

Mobs and such, their loottables are often quite big. But a mob cannot drop anything more than 55 QL's levels than what they are. (Which is why 275 scopes and such come from 220 chests, 275 spirit siphons from 220 dynas, blah blah blah. It's not a coincidence.)

Now so far as I've seen in inferno, the absolute biggest spirit in outdoors, anywhere that has a droptable of spirits on it, is level 216. There might be a 217 or two out there. (The ruminating spirits near victor nonya / razor's ramp).

Which means the top dropping spirit out there is around QL271-272, being that only 270 exist it is remotely possible that 270's can just drop off outdoor mobs. Haven't personally seen it happen, but I'm certain it does occasionally.

In order for 280 spirits to drop, all we need are level 225 spirits.
    In order for 290 spirits to drop, all we need are level 235 spirits.
    In order for 300 spirits to drop, all we need are level 245 spirits.

(and those are outdoor mob numbers. Of course, the higher the mob, the better the chance. The absolutely minimum level mob that can in theory drop a QL300 spirit is level 245.)

This number rule isn't always spot on correct. Such as fallen stars from pandemonium for example, QL300 items that they are, dropping from level 220 mobs. This is because they only exist as level 300. With spirits, a level 216 spirit offered in my example has a freakin' massive loot table. It can drop spirits all the way from QL160 to 270 (in theory.). Personally only seen 260's drop from the example I offer.

Of course, if they gave us say, level 250 outdoor mobs somewhere, or, *cough*, level 260 spirit adds that spawn out of vengeful goobers in *cough* albtraum, or even pandemonium (in the areas raid forces never visit), then we could farm away happily. They'd be uncommon, but at least they'd exist.

Another viable solution is to give us Dynabosses, and or pocket bosses that are spirits with Spirit Siphons in their loot tables, that drop up to QL300. Requiring the mobs to be level 245 or greater.

We're not even talking about recoding any mechanics here. Just taking a few spirits. Upping their level, and dumping them somewhere. Easy as pie.

Theres all manner of quiet spots in the game you could dump them. The ice fortress in Pendumbra, that big empty volcanic spot in inferno near Pytinnik.

Etc. The only problem is making funcom listen, then finding room.

Amen to that, brothas!

Bump for love!

Love the way this post got warped from 17.4 forum... FC wouldnt want to be seen to be making people unhappy now would they?

Think we need more than just ql300 spirits. Need all the equipment options the other classes have, or equivilents. I mean, how is it "fair" that others repeatedly get new kit while we're stuck in stuff that was "uber" 2 years ago?

Well on the plus side, have seen other options for only £25 :-)

If nothing happens within the next month subs, then dont really see any point renewing tbh, half my org has cancelled or gone already.

Ah well

Silirrion please read

this progress post LE has given me more than one grief as shade¨.
    -First off melee vs ranged profs have been PWN-nerfed.
    -Second, NT's has arized to the heritage ov Zevs and Apollo or something (aka godmode *zap* ure dead)
    -And last but not least, lack of 300 spirits makes shade playing frustrating. there are some great posts above this one concerning the lack of 300 spirits so i wont sya too much about solving it, all i want is to see "Sil's" words "aokay mait, aima fyx thiese for ya bud, jaast j00 wait til 17.6 patch Sjef" then id go "wooo, now ima stop teh hatemails to j00"

Silirrion, please of the bottom o teh shadz "hearts"... type something here, we need a light in the end of this tunel.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

told ya it would get moved...second post in to!
    Eluisa, 220 Doctor of Dewm!
    Cherries, 220 Shade of Bewbs!
    Lidan 190 Martial Artist of Nano!
    Mefesto, 183 Enforcer of Flab!
    Catti, 163 Crat of Hecknoob!

General of Paradise

Agree with the posters here, but getting 300 spirits will not improve us a lot imho. DD wise we need more lub to be the uber gankers, wtb items increasing our perk dmg.

But 300 spirits is an excellent place to start. And its easily introduced. And its certainly not game breaking in any aspect. And it adds more to newly introduced to a new playfield where shade as both player and looter has gained arguably very little.
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

I agree i quit bs cause of instant death and it's kinda annying since were basicly cannon fooder for everything that moves there.

FC is really using the nerfsledgehammer on us and no shadelove
    Watch out incoming nerfbat!
    If you cant beat them, stab em!

Yeah, both the 30% and the evadenerf hits us, one making it ... i dunno, impossible? no, well pretty damn hard to kill a 22k hp doc in a fell swoop as a ganker, and the evadenerf hits us hard cause well... we had/have evades.

Consequently we might now maybe be able to gank... advies? Nah that cant be right... Can it?

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}

Quote Originally Posted by Kea View Post
    this is what affects me and any fun I get from AO as a game.

Endgame options are pretty much BS, BS and BS. Perhaps options like Towers or Tara. See a theme? PVP. We suck at it.

My account dies tomorrow. And this is exactly why. You nailed it Kea.

3 years and 100's of dollars for this? Eat a boycott funcom.
    No I will not buy Age of Conan. The list of reasons could fill a phone book...

i jumped on bs knowing it was a bad idea to give my friend tech some freemovemtn stims in pvm setup i didn't kill a single person and i got farmed hard core. even when i was in pvp setup it was still bad but ffs w/ all of the new items im getting perked threw dof/limber by an mp wtf is this crap and i have more aad/evades in pvm setup. wtf gives..... i though i was squishy in my pvp setup but in pvm its no contest instead of dieing in .2 i die in .0001 of a sec how fair is that? i dont even have a chance to react or even get the first step forward to the target before its reclaim no wonder the pvm shades h8 pvp so much.

FC you need to give us combined spirits/heals/evades that work/more ar/ect give us some god damn love its much needed and you are just creating more imbalance the way you adding everything. keep giving the lovechilds the same if not better stats than lower on the food chain poffs how the hell does that balance things out? IT DONT so stop being retarded and even the playing field.
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

My experiene in BS?

well it was short, i went like "ok let's get some VP to buy this crapy motocycle helmet (no honda gsxr in vp shop for shade yet?).

After 2 BS i got killed countless times with ppl saying "gogogo shades" in vicinity (lolz), i managed to kill 2 people.

With desync, moving so slow in sneak asa you pop out of sneak everyone farm the easy shade points.I got burst/FA capped through dof/limber almost each time, got perked as well.

And no i wont stay hours in sneak waiting someone to pass by to SA/BS when hes fighting someone else its boring as hell to me.And too bad its the only thing shade can do.Add crappy run speed, no heals, evades useless and you see the picture...

I ended with 1.5k vp and logged out... No way ill get above the boredom of bs as a shade...

We need so much pvp love i think FC will never do it since all other profs will whine forever: "hey i cant kill shades with burst/FA anymore NERF§ FC !!1!1!1!eleven!1"
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

Hehehe...

My last BS experience, and the main reason im not logging in any more is that i met a doc. Not a run of the mill doc, but a fairly well made doc. He had 22k hp. It was quite horrible.

Im running around with the general pvm perk setup, cause, barring TR transferred to SR 6 and CiB 10, it doesnt matter that much.

Anyways, my story. So, i sneak into the... omni blob i think it was, and up behind the doc. The doc was standing still for a moment, and behold teh shade gnakker appeared! (Man, poor docs, gotta live with that constant threat all the time, anyways... ) SA,FA proc stun, pm perks all go in STILL HE'S ALIVE!!! so, i FA again, this time taking the full fury of the blob, and creaping into a heap of ash from the massive ammount of superheated air coming my way, the doc turns, and heals. waah waah waah.

I even had luck on my side! It procced! And skill, in as the ammount of skill it takes (hey not much, merely a tad of patience) to sneak up behind the doc and wait for him to stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlorn View Post
    Hehehe...

My last BS experience, and the main reason im not logging in any more is that i met a doc. Not a run of the mill doc, but a fairly well made doc. He had 22k hp. It was quite horrible.

Im running around with the general pvm perk setup, cause, barring TR transferred to SR 6 and CiB 10, it doesnt matter that much.

Anyways, my story. So, i sneak into the... omni blob i think it was, and up behind the doc. The doc was standing still for a moment, and behold teh shade gnakker appeared! (Man, poor docs, gotta live with that constant threat all the time, anyways... ) SA,FA proc stun, pm perks all go in STILL HE'S ALIVE!!! so, i FA again, this time taking the full fury of the blob, and creaping into a heap of ash from the massive ammount of superheated air coming my way, the doc turns, and heals. waah waah waah.

I even had luck on my side! It procced! And skill, in as the ammount of skill it takes (hey not much, merely a tad of patience) to sneak up behind the doc and wait for him to stand still.
    Wait till 17.4 you thinking ganking docs is bad now as a shade try then 30% cap h8
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast