Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new keeper only sword please, refuse to use that axe

new keeper only sword please, refuse to use that axe

So last night, bored, standing in bor with my man Turbocharged, I had this awesome idea for a new keeper sword. Lets use the new xan weapon upgrade on some old SL swords, namely the 3 named swords

Achilles
    Hercules
    Perseus

Take them and do the following:
    1)Make same dmg as the new Pride : 441-558 (444) or can push for more dmg, to give keepers little more edge over 2he enfs using pride
    2)Lower speed to the 1.4/1.4
    3)Keep the parry/riposte reqs or make them higher at 901 or 951, or maybe even higher! <- I currently have 952 riposte and 979 parry, +20 each more with general buffs
    4)Double the evade buffs already on them make them 100 each or change to 100 aad <- goes well with the parry/riposte reqs for defense
    5)Doesn't need, but can put some HP on it, maybe 300-500ish
    6)IMPORTANT: Make the model bigger please, make it longer at least, its a nice model but way too short.
    7)Add brawl and bring the other requirements up in line with the Pride.
    8)Raise AR cap to 2750 as well

Can make the new sword as one, or 3 different types for each of the dmg types the swords have: poison, chemical, and radiation. Make you need to have a ql300 or maybe 290+? to make the new sword.

Now I don't see any problems with this? Eh? Eh? Get some LoTV farming going on!

-Scott
    Scott45 Soli Keeper [220/30/70] - PvM | PvP | Auno - RK2
    Scotttank Opi Enforcer [125/11/28]

if keepers dont get anything real to do with pvp then at least give us this!!

I refuse to use that fugly axe on my keeper too...looks ridiculous on small female character.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I refuse to use that fugly axe on my keeper too...looks ridiculous on small female character.
    That's what you get for gender-bending.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    That's what you get for gender-bending.
    At least I picked a gender.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    At least I picked a gender.
    /win

If you dont want xan get heot, 370 less dam but an extra 1k dam or so every fifty hits (theoritically).

Yes but the last thing we need is another weapon, especially if its FC's response to make us happy yet again... like OMGZzzz we cant be bothered to fix your prof heres a new weapon.

P.S It looks good on female toons /I does not care
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

Plenty of suggestions for a fix have been suggested besides this, funcom can take thier pick.

I support this! For some reason, every time I see an enfo with a wolf because quote on quote "1he is getting nerfed soon" something makes me twitch inside. A nice sword like the abovementioned finally for keepers only is a logical and intelligent game content extension. Evades are also a good idea on the orginial sword, I think funcom always ment for keepers to have a little extra something
    Miscalced - 207/16 Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by scott45 View Post
    /win
    /bow

bump for nifty new sword, but debump if it takes the devs away from fixing the prob.

Also, what righteous said.

I wouldn't want FC to do this and think it's a fix for a problem. It's a request to give keepers a little something to set up apart from 2he enfs, least weapon wise. Keepers only have a viable weapon choice for 2he, enfs on the other hand have several options. When I see a keeper stand next to an enforcer, I want to be able to look and tell one's a keeper and one's an enf by the weapon choice.

For so long its been the same... kyr type 112.. wolf mk6, now the new pride, shouldn't be hard to make a new sword like this, it would basically be the same as all the other xan weapons, just different reqs and mods that are nicely suited for some of the keeper's strong points. I don't have any IP in parry/riposte, but I would gladly move some around if say the parry/riposte reqs are like 1.5-2k or so, not to mention the 660k spare IP I still have. It would be worth the IP sink if the sword gave some sort of defensive benefit you'd expect from those skills.

And, a nice, large, good looking sword fits better than a giant axe for a keeper, who has always been seen more as a knight. Wolf was much better in this respect over the old type 112 saw, but the axe just brings it below the 112.

-Scott

My vision of Keeper swords is like the Copy of the Excalibur: giant damage but no specials. Keepers shouldn't need to use the leftovers that 2he Enforcers use
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by scott45 View Post
    I don't have any IP in parry/riposte, but I would gladly move some around if say the parry/riposte reqs are like 1.5-2k or so, not to mention the 660k spare IP I still have. It would be worth the IP sink if the sword gave some sort of defensive benefit you'd expect from those skills.
    -Scott
    Thanks But I use my IP for skills that actually do something like "Swimming" I would much prefer they removed Parry & Riposte mods from all keeper weapons & items its just insulting that after 10 years its still a requirement but a broken skill.

Take for example our Keeper Nano Deck!!!! Brings back old /rants. We have some usefull stuff on it but Parry & Riposte mods which are pointless, go compare our nano deck to any other class & show me one prof that has absolutely useless mods.

I mean USELESS!!!! Crat gets a whole 90 Psychology!!! At least its a skill that works go make me T3 glyphs pls K thx bia

Yeah I think bringing back the old fix parry/riposte isnt really worth it; funcom has like what 5 guys still on anarchy? I doubt they would be able to realistically insert a whole new game mechanic into the game without screwing up like they did before.

Sword upgrades on the other hand - piece of cake. Maybe even make that escaped prisoners weapon upgrade work on the old swords if worst comes to worst...

(BTW i started playing in 2007, how was parry/riposte in pvp before they took it away, anyone remember?)
    Miscalced - 207/16 Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by saetos View Post
    my vision of keeper swords is like the copy of the excalibur: Giant damage but no specials.
    eqb
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistiz View Post
    (BTW i started playing in 2007, how was parry/riposte in pvp before they took it away, anyone remember?)
    What you mean by took it away its still there you can still IP it its still a requirement for some weapons & it still does NOTHING // 0 // Nada.

PS EQB is tooo slow, would love another upgrade for it though damn I worked hard & long getting my 1st diamond mesh. Now I think I have 3 rotting in my bank.

PST if you want a Diamond Mesh :-) for fun & to pawn aluims.... Pity about the Level requirement would be a nice twink weapon.

"still" is a harsh word, it used to do "something", now it does nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast