Thread: I'm tired of reused Inventory Graphics..

The following Xan icons have been sent off to Mr Means..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CU_Sample5.jpg

You'll may notice the 'yellow' set. As I mentioned in my email to Means, if they ever plan to add a 'Tradeskill' set then they can use these yellow icons. Planning ahead, that's the right way to do things.

Cheers and thanks all for the feedback.

hmmm. what next...
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

yay !

those are cute, simple, eye-catching, gratzos muchos
    you kept the jumper/Mboard principle with rounded & pure design.
    they look like weird interesting insects, but without the "furry" aspect previous versions had.
    yellow set in prevision rocks, too.

perfect, really !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
    You'll may notice the 'yellow' set. As I mentioned in my email to Means, if they ever plan to add a 'Tradeskill' set then they can use these yellow icons. Planning ahead, that's the right way to do things.
    Lol wink wink nudge nudge? Just kidding.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

hmmm. what next...
    I suggest rolling a new toon and checking all the noob island and subway items.

If new players get a better impression of the game even slightly it's a good thing.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    I suggest rolling a new toon and checking all the noob island and subway items.

If new players get a better impression of the game even slightly it's a good thing.
    Good idea, and my 'Docaholic' toon was recently rerolled and is on Noobie Island.. I'll take him out for a spin. and I have a level 15 twink that I can run through the subway.

If any of you see stuff on ICC Shuttleport Island or in the subway that could use new icons, let me know.

Cheers!

Morphing memory? ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Hmmm..

I have been a huge fan of your work so far, but i have to tell you, i rather like the way the LoX Ncus look like, and same goes for the Morphing NCU.
    If FC ever introduces new NCUs, i would love to see your icons implemented, but i would also love those Lox ones to stay as they are.

Keep up the good work!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Nevo-RK3 View Post
    Hmmm..

I have been a huge fan of your work so far, but i have to tell you, i rather like the way the LoX Ncus look like, and same goes for the Morphing NCU.
    If FC ever introduces new NCUs, i would love to see your icons implemented, but i would also love those Lox ones to stay as they are.

Keep up the good work!
    I want to second that. The currents are fine imho.
    But you might want to take a look at Engineer & Crat Bot/Droid Shells.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

I was reminded that the starter area is gonna get some changes, so I'll hold back on that.

hmmm. morphing memory and engineer bot shells...

Cheers!

can't wait for that ^^
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

I'm not propably first to suggest this but rk and sl recall beacons both look the same.
    Last edited by Berim; Aug 13th, 2010 at 17:37:47.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Ok, I don't do this very often, but I think I nailed these Engie Bot Shells on my first try..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ell_Sample.png

What do you think?.. no more guessing as to which shell belongs to which chassis?

Cheers!

Nice!
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Ok, I don't do this very often, but I think I nailed these Engie Bot Shells on my first try..

What do you think?.. no more guessing as to which shell belongs to which chassis?

Cheers!
    Kinda looks like an easy open kit for an action figure rather than an actual shell for a killer robot. Not saying it does not look good, just seems off to me personally

Perhaps the robots "heads" and/or "limbs" folded together would be a good option to work with?

Cheers!
    +1

I like those alot
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I was doing some tests of how to make each tier of a bot class look different so that it is easy to recognize.. take a look..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ll_Sample2.png

Do you think the second set with the colorized background and glow is better?

Or the 3rd set where I just use the glow surrounding the bot is better?

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

I was doing some tests of how to make each tier of a bot class look different so that it is easy to recognize.. take a look..

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ll_Sample2.png

Do you think the second set with the colorized background and glow is better?

Or the 3rd set where I just use the glow surrounding the bot is better?

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
    Oh my Gawd, gieev.
    The different colors for different grades are kewl.
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

I personally like the second set better. The third set makes me think that the bot should have some sort of coloration to it, which they do not at the time being anyway, where as the second set looks more like different colored packaging for the same robot.

You may also want to look into doing new shells for the Drone series SL bots as well possibly just using the same Slayerdroid icon in black instead of white, yes I'm aware that only one bot is black, and possibly giving the Widowmaker its own unique shell as well.

Oh and while you're at it you might as well look into redoing the dogs as well.
    Last edited by Whealer; Aug 14th, 2010 at 17:30:42.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

personnaly i'd like the 1st set but without the brown background. the grey frame is cool, though. also showing exactly what bot you're gonna have is cool.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    personnaly i'd like the 1st set but without the brown background. the grey frame is cool, though. also showing exactly what bot you're gonna have is cool.
    When you say "without the brown background" do you mean all gray with only the bot being color? or did you have a different color in mind?

Cheers!

p.s. if I go all gray scale for the background I could still use the 'lights' on the frame to show different versions of the bots.

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast