Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Bureaucrat Nano Changes!

Funcom employee New Bureaucrat Nano Changes!

Alright guys, this is a big one: The Bureaucrat Nano Document!

Lots of interesting stuff in here, so let's dig right in with some of the more important notes:

On Pets: First off and foremost, as most of you will probably be curious about this, the nano document we have here doesn't really reflect that kindly on Bureaucrats and their pets - There've been a lot of changes to how things such as the Speeches work, as well as changes as to the various stats applied in buffs and such. Right now, looking at the document alone, it may look like we have decreased pet stats over-all. HOWEVER! As we go through the process of the rebalancing, we will also be 'recreating' pets from the ground up, meaning that we will be revamping the spread of stats that pets receive throughout their progression. In saying this I don't mean that we'll be radically revamping the 'concept' of pets or anything such as that - I mean that the actual stats pets receive hasn't been touched in a very, very long time, and we will be rebalancing their stats to make them fit more in-line with the current (and incoming) power curve of the game.

On Charmed Pets: We are currently looking into a system which will allow Bureaucrats to 'collect' certain types of charmed pets to use at their leisure. Not a *lot* of information to give out on this one just yet, as it's still highly in the 'experimental planning' stage, but it is something that's on our mind. No promises, mind you, but still a possibility.

On Charm Nanos:
    With the new changes incoming it will be possible to cast a long-term charm while a short-term charm is running. No more charm swapping shenanigans. =D

On Speeches:
    In the document you will notice that there are no more Demotivational Speech nanos. These lines have been changed to a series of procs which will effect the pet - These procs have a 100% chance of landing on the pet's target when the pet attacks, meaning that while the nano is running, every time your pet hits something it will do the effect of the nano.

On Pet Procs: New procs in the document include: Taunt procs with additional critical decrease, a nano drain proc with additional nano resistance debuff, and a straight damage proc.

On Nukes:
    We are looking to increase the nanocasting toolset for Bureaucrats by introducing a much larger repository of nuke nanos for the 'crat to cast. These nukes come in several flavours:

Alpha Nuke: Long cast time, high damage, medium cooldown.
    Spam Nuke: Short cast time, medium damage, short cooldown.
    Finishing Blow Nuke: Short cast time, medium/high damage, medium cooldown - Can only be used when target is below 50% HP
    Special Effect Nuke: Nukes that include a Nano Resistance debuff and a Stun.

Also included in the document is the first-run version of the Bureaucrat Nemesis Nano change - This nuke does additional damage against a morphed target, and is on a separate cooldown from the rest of the nuking lines the 'crats have received.

On Pet Calming: Quickie note which effects more than just 'crats: We have decided that in the future, calms used against all player pets will effect the pets in the same fashion as a player target (IE: not an actual 'calm' but instead an init debuff which breaks on hit).

And that's the majority of the major notes. I'm sure you guys will have other questions to ask, and Genele and I will do our best to answer anything that you're curious about. Otherwise, enjoy digging into the new changes! =)

PS: You guys may notice some new icons slipping into the document. These icons are courtesy the hard work of both Genele and Docaholic, who are working on some Very Big Things™ regarding our overall nano/NCU icon looks. Consider these a small teaser of things to come.

Document can be found at the following link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...0&d=1284732266

There's also some discussion happening over in the Bureaucrat profession forum, which you guys can visit at the following link: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=581294
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

nom nom tasty.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    On Pet Calming: Quickie note which effects more than just 'crats: We have decided that in the future, calms used against all player pets will effect the pets in the same fashion as a player target (IE: not an actual 'calm' but instead an init debuff which breaks on hit).
    Does that 'on-hit' include reflect or damage shield ? If it does, calms are basically useless. Except against MP heal pet.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

I thought Calms stun you in PvP O.o

Thats what it feels like atleast xD

And wheres Cratty? O.o
    Fainted?
    Ragequit?
    Jumping up and down with joy? -.^
    Last edited by Rktim; Sep 17th, 2010 at 15:33:11.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I see lotsa debuffed dead people.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Fapping. And preparing a somewhat more lenghty review
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 17th, 2010 at 16:17:04.

To be honest "I'm disapoint"

I was hoping for a MASSIVE wall of text, you failed to deliver.

Now the trolls will start the whining about OP CC and Defense in like... 10 minutes. =)

ok seriously now... thanks kintaii =)

@Rtim Only MP pet calm does that.

is it me ? or the LE red tapes have collapsed ? (instead of being collapsed into one ?)

lots of info to digest ... and reread...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

God, and I thought about quitting ao! Interesting changes. I actually love em, pushing us away from AS madness, pets not being useless, reliable CC, mix matching auras, charms using psych ( finally some usage on this ).. I am actually suprised. Good job there.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    @Rtim Only MP pet calm does that.
    the MP pet roots in PvP, I thought ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    the MP pet roots in PvP, I thought ?
    Hmmm well since people, myself included, tend to notice that after the MP is dead.... I can't tell.

Well well well. This is going to throw up some interesting discussions
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    Hmmm well since people, myself included, tend to notice that after the MP is dead.... I can't tell.
    It's a 100% break on hit root.

So her name is Carlita? Could she have breasts as spectacular as Carlos cheast?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Could we actually choose the mesh? So casting Carlo would be Carlita's skin + Carlo's stats and vice versa? :P.

Fapperdefapfapfap. The changes look really great. So many annoyances are being removed, and a lot of really nice tweaks. Pet debuff removal and the changes to auras/speeches are hugworthy.

Sterva summed up most in the prof forums, so I'll just stick to something I'm curious about myself;

The nukes are a wet dream. I'm already working out a nano-based setup that will drop all this friggin' pistol/AS gear. Question for the devs though:

will we be getting a type of weaponry that has good synergy with nano-focused setups? The nukes still have relatively high NR checks, and we will need to focus heavily on nanoskills to make them truly effective.
    This excludes using a standard dual pistol setup effectively in PvP. Most of our pistol AR can't be combined with a nanoskill setup. Not to mention the fact an effective nuking setup will require some focus on nanopool, nanodelta, %nanodamage and %nanocost. Most of which simply can't be combined with pistols.

If some type of dreadloch/engi pistol/cyberdeck'ish thingymajiggle gets tossed our way, we'd get a really nice diversion between weaponry/nano focused crats.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 17th, 2010 at 16:29:18.

I think she shows up in the extraction daily now
    Point Blank

So, I see things...

Why is lowbie pet debuff remover still level locked to 100?

Malaise didn't really get any nerf, but rather a boost? I do see that the red tapes got some treatment though. Some crat chime in please, how will this effect PvM - I am hoping that it does reduce the easy mode of PvM with a crat in tow all boss encounters exhibit these days.

At least crat nukes, while effective, will put the hurt in nanopool. Fits in line with the "No spamming forever"-theme that these nano changes seem to have in general.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Hmm first impression of the nano document after rereading a few times:

- Love the pet changes. Tl5 Carlo ftw. Also liking the boost of the CEO guardian to 220, as well as the new bots added. I'm gonna reserve further commenting on the pets until we have some idea of how the stats will be changed.

- Debuffs: LE lines disappeared? Workplace depression changed to nano resist instead of init debuffing. Basically crats lost some init debuffing power. In the current game environment, this would hurt PvM solo capabilities quite a bit. However, if pets do get boosted in terms of their tanking capabilities, the debuff change will not affect us very much. So it's another wait and see result with this one.

- Offensive/Defensive speeches: Love that they got seperated. It makes crats a lot more flexible with both their setups and their opponents. Am I reading it right and it's still 1 metre though? If I am, that's pretty disappointed. An increase in the range is one of the things I was looking forward to the most.

- Pet proc buffs: Another very nice addition. Question for this one: can you use one type on carlo/carlita and another on the droid? From the way I'm reading it, it looks that way.

- Pet buffs: Basically, it's all pure love. Lower versions of the most useful nanos for crats and lowered nanocost on the damage buff. The revamped heals are f'in incredible. Lower versions of Take the Bullet are nice, but the use changed. It looks more like an evac nano than a buy-some-time-for-perks-to-recharge nano.

- Crowd control: slightly disappointed with the nerf to the PvM fear line in terms of the cooldown. However, I think the fact that AoE calms and snares will work in SL balances that out nicely.

- Nukes: Nice PvP changes. More nanos t ocast, but it gives a lot more offensive abilities without the use of AS. They also preserve your chance of killing someone if your pets get rooted/snared/calmed/charmed.

Lot more I could say about it. Basically, lower crats rejoice, the future looks bright. 220 crats need to wait to see how pet stats will be reworked before we can really see what happens to endgame solo ability, but I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast