Thread: Commanderb's quick alien armor run down

Thumbs up Commanderb's quick alien armor run down

Please leave replies if im missing something...
    THIS IS NOT A GUIDE JUST A INFO POST
    updated on Sept 12, 2005
    fixed some links
    Ok class, today we are gonna be make alien armor, this will give you a idea on what ql will be the result, what will happen, what won't work....

*****Devalos sleeves*****

*****Update on what determines final quality when combining two final alien armor***** thx Guojia
    Male bots Determine the ql of your combined armor.

Male Bots are the following:
    Enduring
    Arithmitic
    Supple

**note a ql 1 strong WILL NOT COMBINE with a ql 300 enduring, the rule is that it must be near 80%...example a ql 240 strong can be mixed with ql 300 enduring= ql 300 combined...IF you have ql 10 enduring + ql 300 strong, this WILL COMBINE to make ql10 combined...please read further for more details on this if you are might be thick headed **

Reference websites
    First off, i hoped you gathered all ur parts, there are many websites that can give you the guide to how to build it and what process you will need:

Go here to begin collecting your armor basic social armor, quest and junk:
    http://aovault.ign.com/View.php?view...s.Detail&id=52

start here for all your basic ingrediants:
    http://ai.shadow-realm.org/viewtopic.php?t=178
    you can find out what skills you need to convert with this site

AOtradeskills.com is down
    This is the best place to use as a reference to make your AI armor guide:http://www.aotradeskills.com/tradeskills_007.htm
    as you can see it has a calculator...im not gonna go into details about how the creator wanted you to use it, but im sure you guys aren't that much of a bonehead....

ow my eyes >.<
    but AO tradeskills.com had this uber alien armor calculator that made the number crunching easy...wonder where he got it in the mean time, use the OE ingame calculator...
    or /tell helpbot OE 127it works the same way the calculator did, the minimum would be there and the maximum...use your common sense and figure the rest of this out, im not gonna be CAPT. OBVIOUS....im only a commander

Hmm...so one of the main tradeskills site is down...its ok...refer to this site instead: http://www.tirschool.com/ai/armor.html
    this site has all the basics with out the skill req, or the alien armor calculator
    but still is a good referance site to go to.

well, im sure you veterans have the easy part down, now for the hard part, acutally using your tradeskills or find your local tradeskiller like me CB2

all this stuff is NOT NO DROP, so all this junk can be passed on to just about anyone, the process wont make any no drop items, so your all safe

moving on....
    as soon as you have your social armor made, i.e. head gear or what not...you need that stuff from "Bazzit's shop" in Meetmedere, theres a grid exit right next to it so traveling is easy.

Begin tradeskilling
    Essential Human DNA
    *** this item comes in only ql 100 which can be used in all ql versions of armor

Uncle Bazzit's Generic Nano-Solvent
    ***this item also comes in only ql 100 and works with all ql

Now, grab your
    Pristine/mutated Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material
    ****QL WILL DETERMINE YOUR ARMOR AND MUST BE IN 20% *MINIMUM* OF YOUR VIRALBOTS
    here, say you have ql 134 arithmetic viralbots, what ql will work? minimum ql107 pristine/mutated, this will result in ql 107 final alien armor...WHAT YOU WANT IS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR ARITHMETIC QL...so you want the highest possible ql which for this example is ql168 (use 167 to be safe cause if you are over by just 1 point, you have to start over)pristine/mutated.

ok, this was easy, hope you have ur
    Kyr'Ozch Viralbots
    ****QL MUST BE WITHIN 20% *MINIMUM* OF YOUR PRISTINE/MUTATED BIO MATERIAL
    ok, so you are on step 6say you have ql 200 pristine/mutated, you need at least
    ql160 Kyr'Ozch Viralbots for it to work...what if you have ql200 pristine and ql 250 Kyr'Ozch Viralbots...this will work too I THINK

if your following the guide from
    http://ai.shadow-realm.org/viewtopic.php?t=178
    i suggest you do, im only going on the technical details that the other sites wont tell you....

Now I'm assuming you have your DNA soup from the viralbots and pristine/mutated mix...

BEFORE YOU ADD YOUR DNA SOUP TO YOUR SOCIAL CLOTHING, BE SURE IT IS WHAT YOU WANT, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, YOUR SoL (s*** outta luck)

Now then...all this yelling is making my throat hurt
    O.K. now that you have added your DNA soup to your social amor, you now have the basic alien armor, and all you have to do is add your Enduring/Spiritual/Arithmetic/Supple...what ever viral bots to your social armor.....

REMEMBER, MUTATED/PRISTINE DETERMINES YOUR FINAL ARMOR QL WITHIN 20% OF YOUR LEAD VIRALBOTS (arithmetic/supple/spiritual/etc)
    ***If you have ql 100 social armor with DNA mixed into it already, and you add a ql 90 Lead viralbots, i'm told that the ql of the final product will jump up to ql 100...this was untested and should be waved with caution...

to determine what 20% is for your junk, just type in to helpbot /tell helpbot OE (ql of junk)

for example: To [helpbot]: oe 74
    [Helpbot]: With a skill of 74, you will be OE above 92 requirement. With a requirement of 74 skill, you can have 59 without being OE.

"Enduring Lead Viralbots" is of a too low quality level. With "Formatted Viralbot Headwear" at quality of 74 , the "Enduring Lead Viralbots" must be at least at quality 59.
    ***my test with this was a ql 28 enduring lead viralbots on a ql 74 basic alien social armor***

Devalos sleeve
    What determines QL: the Powdered Viral-bots will determine final QL
    for example: QL 120 powdered viral-bots + ql 200 High Quality-Worn Cyber Armor Sleeve = QL 120 Devalos sleeve

How much skill is required? no clue....
    Minimum sleeve QL? at least 66% of the Powder
    Do Cannister of Powder work? No, thats for the alien belt
    Is it worth getting? Only if your nano mage
    Is it expensive? No, its uncommon drop from general
    Be aware that it has a TITLE LEVEL LOCK on it, meaning you have to be above a specific level to wear it. like Title level 6 you have to be level 190 or above.
    ::::::::::::FAQ:::::::::::::

I know what ur thinking, "ALIEN ARMOR IS SO UBER" not true...it's only UBER when you can combine it with a SECOND alien armor....

and your thinking, "say what? How do i know what it can be mixed with?"
    well, if you haven't been checking out the guides on how to make alien armor, you havent been looking hard enuf....

check out: www.tirschool.com/ai/armor.html

go to the final page....

" Hey CB2, what's to keep you from stealing my gear once i gathered and worked hard for my stuff?

nothing but my reputation...when engi's hit 150, they start to get a reputation in the AO community as a great Engi, or as some snot nose kid who's out to screw the world...it pains me to see a engi take advantage of someone in need by lowering themselves to stealing other ppl's items. Nothing is really stopping us to steal your stuff unless we are planning on deleteing our 150-220 engi's. some players are actually nice to help the engi out by GIVING them tradeskill equipment that may cost up to 20mil credits, like a spirit focus funneling device.

"But CB2, how do I know what kind of alien armor i want, im just a lowbie Doc/Enfo/solja..."

again...go to the above website and look at what stats the uber alien armor buffs and determine what you need....

"But CB2, I only have enuf parts for only a single alien armor..."

well, im not gonna do the research for you, its your pereferance on what type of armor you want....do the research....

"But CB2, isn't alien armor more better than T1 armor?"

Depending on if you have regular alien armor vs combined armor, single normal alien armor does not compare...stick to T1 for your AC needs....

"But CB2, what skills do i need to build the alien armor myself?"

you can visit this site to find out what skills are required, it also tells you how to make the armor: http://ai.shadow-realm.org/viewtopic.php?t=178
    but mostly complit and chemistry is what is needed

"But CB2, i have a Supple and Enduring armor, one is ql 100, the other is ql 160, will they combine?"

Yes, they will combine, ql will be determined by the FIRST ARMOR...i.e. a ql 100 ENDURING+ ql 160 STRONG = 100 COMBINED.... O.O WTF?!?!?!?

"But CB2, you are a uber tradeskiller, can't you make me ql 200-300 alien armor?"

Not on your life my little tradeskilling gimper
    you need someone with skills of ql 2500+ in chem/NP/complit
    thats what a 220 engi can do, im just a lowly 200 engi

"But CB2, does it really take a 220 engi to build alien armor?"

Not really, im exaggerating, the skills req are x7 of material, I.E. for ql 200 alien armor, i would need 200x7=1400 in skills like complit or NP... check out this sight and do the calculations http://ai.shadow-realm.org/viewtopic.php?t=178

"CB2, im a idiot that don't know what the calc command is...can you be more specific on what skills i need? kthxbye"

OMG...fine ill do your stoopid calculations for you and TELL you what the MAXIMUM skill requirement is needed...
    1800 NP (6x QL)
    1350 CL (4.5x QL)
    Chemistry:
    - 2100 for mutated (7x QL)
    - 1350 for pristine (4.5x QL)
    1800 Pharma (6x QL)
    1800 Psy (6x QL)

***i grabed the calculations from http://ai.shadow-realm.org/viewtopic.php?t=174 you lazy bums... these are the MAXIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR A QL 300 ARMOR, meaning ql 300 kyr'Orzch viralbots, ql 300 lead viralbots...there ya lazy bums...Rocky's gotcha back...

"CB2, your cool, but your pretty rude and yell a lot...whats up with that?"

I only yell to make sure you dont do the same mistakes i did or waste ur valuble gear on dumb mistakes....trust me, it's for your own good

"CB2, go back a sec, so you mean to say I can mix a ql 300 Enduring armor, with a ql 10 strong to get a 300 Combined?"

Erm, ya got me there, I ran out of materials to test that theory...I'm hearing a lot of 80% jumps, so that low ql might not work, but maybe if it was like ql 240+300....I cant test this out...But I hear that you can use the "STEP UP" method to enhance your armor...as i was skimming through the forums for enduring lead viralbots, i ran into this auction: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...+lead+viralbot
    Now this guy makes it seem possible to make a ql 197 into a ql 246, THEN add it to a ql 300 "first armor" and get a combined armor piece that is ql 300... this is a very interesting experiment...

"CB2, how much did all this experimenting cost you?"

Since I used low ql gear, rangeing from ql 20-120, i would calculate around 50mil worth of gear, maybe less....

"CB2, wait, wait, wait...the alien armor viral bots are very expensive, and you manage to get multiple viralbots to do this? You must be very lucky."

Actually, I have 2 alts that are sub 100 that i made specifically for aliens, 1 doc and 1 enfo, got to have a tank and a doc, one or the other. One is maxed out on aliens, and my doc has 9 alien levels... so as you can see, i do lots and LOTS of alien raids. And during my raids i kept the teams under 6, and won 2, count em TWO alien armor viral bot out of like 20+ raids and bought small viralbots for cheap on the market...Money is not a issue if the info is good

"CB2 how do you know all this stuff?"

I've been playing AO for a long time now, and done many things that need number crunching...item searches, scouring the forums, google search, info from others....

"CB2, sounds like you need to get out more..."

THAT'S NOT A QUESTION!!!

__________________________________________________ _______________

Check out my ride...http://home.comcast.net/~commanderb/pimping.JPG
    Last edited by muha; Mar 26th, 2006 at 11:33:46. Reason: As cb2 is no longer updating this, and a factual error or two were pointed out, I took the liberty to fix them

Nice guide, I'd like to make a few corrections though. Pristine/Mutated bio material does not have to be within 20% of the viralbots, it's the other way around. This means they have the same requirements as lead viralbots QL-wise. I guess the line "REMEMBER, MUTATED/PRISTINE DETERMINES YOUR FINAL ARMOR QL WITHIN 20%" can sound a bit misleading, I'm guessing you mean the lead bots have to be within 20% of the mutated/pristine.

As for 20%, thats not really correct either. For example, you can use QL300 viralbots or lead viralbots on a QL50 Pristine/Mutated armor. It's better to say that (lead) viralbots have to be minimum 80% of the bio material.

I'm also not sure I agree with single AI armors being useless. It's all about preferance, not all professions need a lot of AC, and for them there are tons of nice armors out there. And about the first armor deciding QL, this is true, but there is only 1 way to combine AI armor. For example, if you want to make Combined Scouts armor from Observant and Arithmetic, Arithmetic will always decide QL since there's only one way to combine them.

You're skill requirements are a bit inaccurate also, but as you've linked thats no biggie

I like this guide, keep it up and maybe we'll see more of them?

Yeah, my wording is a little off, and maybe some what confusing....but this wasnt intended as a "Guide"...I wrote it as info for ppl who keeps asking me complicated information on how the armor was built, which most of the other guides won't give us information on.... www.Tirschool.com is a good example of vague information, but a good site for the novice...

I put the 20% rule so that ppl won't try to waste their ql 200 stuff on a ql 50 stuff, that's just wasteful.... I mean wouldn't it suxxor's if you had a ql 200 spiritual mixed with a ql 10 Enduring, and get a ql 10 paramedic armor? I would be pissed off if that happened, so it's better to keep everything in 20% to be safe....

I'll try to reword it so it makes more sense

You better believe this is getting linked in useful reference threads!
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

I'm honored, I'm still rewording everything and making changes to it, so it's more easy to follow, but for the ppl who lack the attention span of a fly, i'll wrap it all up in one sentence....

KEEP EVERYTHING WITHIN 20% OF EACH OTHER....

Quote Originally Posted by commanderb
    KEEP EVERYTHING WITHIN 20% OF EACH OTHER....
    That would be ideal, but the rate at which some items drop one has to do with what one has.

very usefull link

Keep up the good work!!!

Bumping atrox

Great Post overall .. definatly useful

quick adjustment to your post here :

Quote Originally Posted by commanderb

"But CB2, i have a Supple and Enduring armor, one is ql 100, the other is ql 160, will they combine?"

Yes, they will combine, ql will be determined by the FIRST ARMOR...i.e. a ql 100 ENDURING+ ql 160 STRONG = 100 COMBINED.... O.O WTF?!?!?!?
    small correction to the term "First Armor"

There is a Formula for making AI armor... which goes something like this.

You have 2 types of Lead Bots.

To simplify them let's call them Male Bots & Female bots

Male Bots are the following:

Enduring
    Arithmitic
    Supple

Female Bots are the following:

Strong
    Observant
    Spiritual

Also you can only combined 1 Male and 1 Female to make Combined Armor.

With that said now the Male bots Determine the ql of your combined armor.

Which means the following:

Once you make the maile bots into Alien Armor.. let's say Enduring.

You make a piece of from 100 bots as Commanderb mentions... well it's 100*1.25 (20% from or 25% to) = 125 once we acquire the right bio material will result us in a 125 Enduring armor piece.

Now let's say you use (again from Commanderb's example)
    (remember that (20% from or 25% to) rule :P )
    but you were to make 300 Storng armor this time around.

If you were to combine the Strong armor to your Enduring armor piece the end result will NOT be what you were expecting.

You will end up with a 125 Combined Mercenary's Armor. and not a 300 piece as you would have hoped.

just thought i would mention this as i do getted bugged about it alot
    Freshman Lord "Guojia" Buffbegsalot
    220 Neutral Solitus Engineer "Supreme Creator"
    First Neutral Engineer to reach Enlightenment Of Anarchy Online

-= Just Visiting =-

yeah, that pretty much is a very very detailed breakdown of what the "First alien Armor determines your final ql of your combined armor".... details details..... heh, if we break this down anymore we'd be looking through it with a microscope...j/k

updated with new links and cooler graphics

i should really get this in the "cities and aliens" section...
    Last edited by commanderb; Jul 19th, 2005 at 05:30:49.

Since u upped this topic, why don't you change to the correct requirements?

for ql 300 AI armor you need:

1800 NP (6x QL)
    1350 CL (4.5x QL)
    Chemistry:
    - 2100 for mutated (7x QL)
    - 1350 for pristine (4.5x QL)
    1800 Pharma (6x QL)
    1800 Psy (6x QL)

To calculate what ql of armor's you need to make a certain ql combined, check http://aotradeskills.com/tradeskills_007.htm

Nothing more to it

hey,
    what's up with aotradeskills.com???
    I tryed to go there to check on some items I needed to make AI armor and now it takes you to a site about domain names?!?!?
    is there a new site name or is the site all together nonexsistent??
    just wanting to know......
    Tsalagi - 215 Soldier AI-11

8/20/66 - 12/8/04

Unhappy

aotradeskills is down... permanently, I'm afraid.

Small error:
    in the
    DeValos part,

"Be aware that it has a TITLE LEVEL LOCK on it, meaning you have to be between a specific level to wear it. like Title level 6 you have to be level 190-205"
    This lock only applyes bottem up. If you are TL4, you can equip TL3 req. item.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickierv
    Small error:
    in the
    DeValos part,

"Be aware that it has a TITLE LEVEL LOCK on it, meaning you have to be between a specific level to wear it. like Title level 6 you have to be level 190-205"
    This lock only applyes bottem up. If you are TL4, you can equip TL3 req. item.
    Hmm, I don't believe the original owner of the thread is still with us, as his last post was on Sep 27th, 2005. I will have to fix this myself, as this thread is in our reference list. Thanks for pointing it out.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

AOTradeskills in also back up, although under a different URL.. at http://www.aotradeskills.streamlinen...o.uk/index.htm

Calculators are useful