Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.1 & MPs

18.1 & MPs

The initial patching of 18.1 is now on testlive.

for any MP that has gone there to check it out, read about whats been added/changed, what are the comments?

And also of note, the new addition to AS Online, theres that new AS pistol.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Not a great Crit damage on it but its a nice pistol for sure. I see an opening for Pistol pvp Mps? :P

Aside from the AS pistol, Pistol Mastery has been heavily tweaked, as has Blunt Mastery. I'm a creation MP, so neither of those are gonna mean too terribly much to me, but I'd say looking over those perks would be a nice idea. AS pistol...meh, I don't think it a good idea, nor bad. I'd rather have a low defense check weapon instead of one with AS, personally, or with alternate attack/defense checks like the Remodulator.

Shield MPs need fear nothing while travelling if they drive the Charon, and it looks sliiiick. 120% reflects before buffing and all the looks of the old gangster cars = pwnage.

As this particular patch isn't aimed at MPs like it is other professions, I can't say too much about what's there, since we get benefits only in a very sideways manner from perks, and those aren't exactly earthshattering for us since we don't get access to Deadeye (aka pistol double) though I'm sure ranged adventurers are dancing in the streets as I write this. Good for 'em, they've needed the work.

The AS pistol....dunno. It rewrites the game for pistol users, and there's several profs that have native pistol support of some form, MPs being one of them. It'll be a crappier AS than what the Tigress has potential for, but 225-225 (100) seems well thought out for a first run at a one-hand AS weapon. Myself I'd rather just have lower def checks like I'd said before for pvp weapons.

Haha, howdy, Fly, I'll be on in a sec.

Nowai... I just logged

Anyway yeh this patch doesnt say much about Mps yet, lets wait till the patch with pet before we nuke this one :P

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Not a great Crit damage on it but its a nice pistol for sure. I see an opening for Pistol pvp Mps? :P
    No, too low maximum dmg, too high reqs, too much trouble in custom imps and symbs, not even sure of a capping AS and too lazy to change my whole perk setup + reequip symbs.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

The opening of the Pistol Mastery perkline is, the way I see it, quite a drastic change.

When I used pistols, Pistol Mastery was something I could ignore since it was only 59 AR and some rather useles damage perks. With the updated version I would want to max it, which in this case means you have to find those 10 perks somewhere, and I personally don't know what I should exchange for it.

I have Soothing Spirits, Channel Rage, Starfall and Nano Doctorate trained, and the only thing I would consider giving up on is ND, which leaves me with 100 less nano skills for AR on all debuffs (a thing you could say already suffer greatly amongst tl7 MPs who mostly seem to choose weapon skill over nanoskill to seem viable in pvp/pve).

Maybe I'm just being too negative about this...

In my opinion the only reason to give up nanoskills for weapons is because having more nanoskills than the minimum u need to cast all nanos (which is easy) isnt benefitial for u in PvM at all, and in PvP its only mildly benefitial. Compared to having a weapon nanoskills dont give as much advantage. Hell we r odding our pets with ease..

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    In my opinion the only reason to give up nanoskills for weapons is because having more nanoskills than the minimum u need to cast all nanos (which is easy) isnt benefitial for u in PvM at all, and in PvP its only mildly benefitial. Compared to having a weapon nanoskills dont give as much advantage. Hell we r odding our pets with ease..
    Those are some of the reasons the state of the MP makes me sigh deeply from time to time!

So after reading the posts above I went and took a look back and noted that while Pistol Mastery is now fully opened up for MPs, Blunt Mastery is not, though some of the actions are fixed. This should be rebalanced somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    So after reading the posts above I went and took a look back and noted that while Pistol Mastery is now fully opened up for MPs, Blunt Mastery is not, though some of the actions are fixed. This should be rebalanced somewhat.
    this may be a way to make up for the lack of pistol buffing over recent expansions. since i dont recall anything in LE that added to pistol for MPs.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Indeed, and while my concerns are with balance in amount of buffing (towards PM 10, you start really raking in the +damage, same on BM IIRC.) this is also the first stab at prof balancing and our prof isn't even in the list for this wave of fixing. (blunt enfos are, however) So with that said, I'm willing to wait and see what develops.

while its not intended for MP's yet there are items in this patch including the new Xan hammer. Which will be an interesting challenge to equip for a nano mp. So dropping the restrictions on blunt mastery for the m would be very nice.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Also of note that Champ of Nano Combat actions (and many others, from what I can see....) have been altered. Using CONC perks while equipped with poison damage weapons results in poison damage perks. I think this is a very, very interesting development and I think we should learn more.

Ebag, mind testing the pistol perks a bit?

I was on TL briefly last night to look over stuff. I must admit, +200 pistol skill is awful tempting though I'm not sure what I'd give up.

Man, I'd kill for another 10 SL's....heck, even another 5.....

Got a few minutes and tested it out and can confirm that Champion of Nano Combat perks are now set to use whatever damage type you have equipped at the time. Wield Energy AC damage, perks go to Energy damage type, Wield Melee damage type, perks follow suit.

I like this, quite a bit.

That's a nice touch. Is it just AI perks?

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

I'm not entirely sure yet, since transfer to testlive is broken atm so I can't log other toons over to see, such as my doctor or ranged advy. It may be that Pistol Mastery and Blunt Mastery have the same change, but I have yet to check. Since I use creation weapons it's not like I could use them to test it.

Just equip QL1 items to test.....

As far as i tested Ranger perkline which is AI aswell is unaffected aswell, still chemical and energy damage on those. Dancingrage tested the Starfall line and those have remained the same damage aswell. Not odd ofcourse since they werent mentioned in the patch Database rip. So what was meant was that to test out the right perks u would need to log other toons for the affected perklines.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    That's a nice touch. Is it just AI perks?

X

I did some testing of AI damage perks with my MP, be warned about the wall of text.

The result so far seems to be:
    CoNC / CoLA / CoLI AI perks seem to change their damage type according to the weapon you wield.
    Other AI perks like the ranger damage perks don't.
    Pistol Mastery / Blunt Mastery SL dmg perks seem to change their damage type according to the weapon you wield.
    Starfall damage perks don't change their damage types.
    If you dual-wield weapons of different damage types, the perk damage types change to the weapon in your right hand.

Shield of Zset (melee damage)
    CoNC AI dmg perks:

You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1899 points of melee damage.
    You successfully perform Nano Feast.

You successfully perform Bot Confinement.
    You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1064 points of melee damage.
    Nano program executed successfully.
    Your nano program Bot Confinement has stopped running on Prynjunior...

Tigress (poison damage)
    CoNC AI dmg perks (no +dmg stuff):

You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1493 points of poison damage.
    You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1052 points of poison damage.

Ranger AI dmg perks (no +dmg stuff):

You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 735 points of chemical damage.
    You successfully perform Clearshot.
    Someone's damage shield hit you for 12 points of damage.
    You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 185 points of energy damage.
    You successfully perform Popshot.

Tigress:
    CoNC AI dmg perks (with +230 poison dmg):

You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1878 points of poison damage.
    You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1116 points of poison damage.

Ranger AI dmg perks (with +230 poison dmg):

You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 706 points of chemical damage.
    You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 274 points of energy damage.

Tigress:
    CoNC AI dmg perks (with +75 chem dmg and +135 energy dmg):

You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1854 points of poison damage.
    You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 1106 points of poison damage.

Ranger AI dmg perks (with +75 chem dmg and +135 energy dmg):

You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 720 points of chemical damage.
    You hit Prynjunior with nanobots for 424 points of energy damage.

Bow of the Triple Nimbus (cold damage)

Ranger AI dmg perks

You hit No ACs or Evades with nanobots for 1396 points of chemical damage.

You hit No ACs or Evades with nanobots for 502 points of energy damage.

CoLA AI dmg perk

You hit No ACs or Evades with nanobots for 518 points of cold damage.
    You successfully perform Collapser.

CoNC AI dmg perk

You hit No ACs or Evades with nanobots for 530 points of cold damage.

Starfall SL dmg perks

You successfully perform a Dazzle With Lights attack.

You hit No ACs or Evades with nanobots for 1356 points of fire damage.
    You successfully perform a Combust attack.

You hit No ACs or Evades with nanobots for 2553 points of fire damage.
    You successfully perform a Thermal Detonation attack.

You hit No ACs or Evades with nanobots for 12604 points of radiation damage.
    You successfully perform a Supernova attack.
    Last edited by Prynxkjui; May 18th, 2009 at 04:14:47. Reason: did more testing
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast