Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meta-Physicist NPE Changes

Meta-Physicist NPE Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Morteia View Post
    7. When are MP's gonna get some much needed love?

Meta-Physicists will get some rather large changes in the NPE patch. They have been presented to the professionals and been properly discussed and reworked. In short the mp will become a caster again and be able to direct damage to their pets instead of having special blockers and being in recharge. MP attack pet will also get higher aggressiveness which means it should tank better than it does now. The way mp will be played will change drastically and with that we will find out if MP will need future adjustments. With this announcement, I allow the professionals to inform you further of the changes that have been discussed in the professionals forum.
    Since this was answered in Your Voice - May and I got a Genele fully yes, I'm posting this thread with the MP changes comming with NPE!!! With no more delays:

Meta-Physicist NPE Changes

• Nano Shutdown Line: Both nanos now have a line cooldown and can be used once/min with a duration of 15 seconds. Both can be used in pvp and pvm and have reasonable defense checks. Lower level nano has checks against 110% NR and higher one against 100%.
    • Sacrificial Shielding: Is no longer what it used to be. It is now a 100% damage to pet for 20 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown. At the end of the Formula a new formula called "Sacrificial Bond" will be cast back on the mp if the mp has the nano formula uploaded.
    • Sacrificial Bond: is a 25% damage to pet 4 hour duration nano formula. It can be bought from the VP vendor and is intended to be accessible from around tl4 (depends on how high your nano skills are because there is no lvl lock).
    • Shield of Zset: Has gotten the AAD values from the previous Sacrificial Shielding, can be dual wielded like all other shields, is based on 1hb so it no longer allows the MP to use staff nanos. The reflect has been removed from this shield, however.
    • Shield of Esa: Is no longer a gimp version of Shield of Zset. It is now a caster's shield that reduces the nano cost by 14%, increases max nano by 1000 and gives the mp a 20% damage multiplier.
    • Odin's eyes: Added 100 NR to Missing Eye and 200 NR to Other Eye. Also removed the health debuff and self hit from the odins missing eye.
    • Chant Line: Aggressiveness has been added.

Nano Shutdown

Basicaly we can consider a big nerf here. Both NSD and eNSD with have a 15s duration and a line cd of 60s. That means you can cast it only once a minute and it will be up only 1/4 the time. On the other hand, the NSD def check was lowed to 110%, so its far more prone to land.

Lainbr's impressions: I personaly think its a good change, compared with what we had on nanodocs and well balanced considering whole system changes. Problem lies that there are no perk changes nor mobs reworks on NPE patch, therefore the two NSD removers perks and the NSD immune mobs will be still around.
    I asked for this change im particular to be postponed till later in Systems Rework process, though.

News: Devs are willing to remove a bunch of NSD "immunities" from mobs. Check this thread and give us some feedback.

Sacrificial Shielding and Sacrificial Bond

SS as we know is now dead. And for the God's sake it's now much better: a 100% DtP for 20s and 3min cd, the "oh crap" button we asked for ages And, as a bonus, we also got a 25% DtP buff!

Lainbr's impressions: I love of what was done with SS here. I love to get DtP to MPs right now :3 So much MP like. The bad news is that we lost the snare/root immunity and bow MPs lost 250 AAD. The good news is that we will be no longer in 30s recharge and will have 20 seconds to actively cripple your enemy. And all MPs will have the 25% "reflect" instead of only Zset ones.
    About snare/root immunity lost: the Devs are willing to give us more NR to balance the loss.

Shield of Zset

Mixed news here. It was hit by Genele's Mad Hammer. It lost reflects (moved to Sacrificial Bond); it turned into 1hb (hello ip reset ); it got extra 250 AAD (yeah, 660+250 = 910 AAD of awesomeness); it no longer allows staff nanos (not sure what to say about it); its now based on 1hb (you can now fire 1hb perks (?)).

Lainbr's impressions: I gonna be impartial here (because, you all know, my personal opnion says that Zset should go to oblivion ). Sorta like SS, it was not nerfed, it turned into something of pure awesomeness. The bad news is that you gonna need a ip reset, and I know how bothersome it is (I did it 3 times so far). The loss of staff buffs I can see as a counterbalance. The good news? If you look at the whole picture, you will see it was not nerfed, buffs just moved all around and as a whole you still have it all.
    P.s.: I sorta loved the new Zset

Shield of Esa

Another transformation here. Now a pure caster shield with 20% damage multiplier, -14% NaCost and 1k Nanopoints.

Lainbr's impressions: While +20% damage is cool, I don't really thing it will cut the awesomeness of Zset. You can swap then, though, depending on situation. I think the -14% NaCost is useless, since its already capped long ago, and the 1k extra nano is rubbish. A cool shield instead of a nerfed copy paste Zset, but his older bro is still coller.

Odin's Eyes

Not a big change here. Its just the NR buff from SS that moved to here.

Chant Line

Basically it buffs agressiveness now as well. It's gonna make the pet build more aggro and be less willing to lose aggro (hopefully)
    __________________________________________________ __

Overall impression: A really good pack of changes that pulled out most of our recharge problems, gave us some cool passive defenses. Its surely gonna change how MPs plays right now (mostly on TL7). NSD nerf is really sad news, but we all know it can't really stay as a 100% time debuff after system changes.

Now I leave it here for you all passionate MPs to burn it discuss.

@Justin: feel free to mess with the text and add your impressions
    Last edited by lainbr; Apr 20th, 2015 at 21:27:52.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Answers to questions and concerns

Quote Originally Posted by jooo View Post
    Amazing stuff. How about the new "notum scourge" pet? Will it come in this NPE patch aswell... Got any info on that?
    Sadly no new pets with NPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Who the hell would want to be without the attack pet for that cooldown period anyway? The pets can hardly soak alphas as it is. MP, the new petless pet profession!
    Sadly they do not intend to rework Pets HP within NPE unless its proven in test that they are dropping like flies. So, I can say, when it hits Test Server, go kick their asses and show then they will drop like flies.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    We need to know the attack/recharge speed of damage of those "new" 1hb weapons, mbs and if r/l hand only etc etc
    And for the love of all that is unholy, fix so we can use all 10 perks in 1hb line of (SL) perks.
    Besides Zset requirements turned from 2hb to 1hb, all other stuffs remains unchanged: attack/recharge, damage, requirements to cast, requirements to equip and so on.
    That also means you cannot dual Zset shields

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Another important question.

Where is damage to pet calculated in the damage mechanics? Is it before reflect? Before AC's? Before pvp damage cap? Before absorbs? Before evades?

If I get hit with AS for 3k damage, will the pet be hit for 3k damage or 15k damage?
    How is the stacking with RRFE and other reflects with DtP? With RRFE do we run at 55% damage taken off?
    The answer to this is vague: It will transfer the attack you take to the pet.
    Also, the damage will be transfered to all 3 pets as was said in the long ago Nanodocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Another thing that needs to be mentioned that I forgot.

Can we not put the aggressiveness buff WITH the damage buff? You know, just like the other 2 pet professions? Sometimes I want my pet to tank. Sometimes I want to tank. It is very situational. They need to be 2 separate buffs.
    Sugestion sended and will be considered later in Rebalance process. Right now devs are avoiding create new nanos since it requires some code manpower.

And no mention of lowering the casting requirement on Lesser Beneficial Scourge/Hostility Scourge? :/ It could do with 300 less MM and PM to cast, as they are now they are barely used since they are so close to the -50% versions.
    Sugestion sended. Those nanos will be touched later in Rebalance process as well.
    Last edited by lainbr; Jun 27th, 2013 at 16:59:22.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Also Reserved

Amazing stuff. How about the new "notum scourge" pet? Will it come in this NPE patch aswell... Got any info on that?

*explodes for Lainbr*

There..happy now ? :P

Some very interesting changes ahead for the MP's methinks!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Sadly no new pets with NPE.
    Last edited by lainbr; Jun 20th, 2013 at 14:00:52. Reason: Badly typo and forgot a 'no' I was prolly too sleep, sorry

I don't see these as positive changes at all really. You're losing alot more than you're gaining overall.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Who the hell would want to be without the attack pet for that cooldown period anyway? The pets can hardly soak alphas as it is. MP, the new petless pet profession!
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

How is the stacking with RRFE and other reflects with DtP? With RRFE do we run at 55% damage taken off?

And did I understand correctly that with "new Zset" we have 910 AAD shield and can wield a weapon with it? Top that with our procs + possible(?) 55% damage taken off with RRFE and also our version of the "oh sh1t" button...

Man, I think many people will be rolling meta as we speak.

Cons: Shield of Esa seems like a big disappointment. Perhaps with new more powerful nuke it would've been cool thing, but as with our current nuke.. Probably not gonna use it. (WTB on it rather mods such as 14% range increase on nanoprograms and 1k HP...)
    Last edited by jooo; Jun 19th, 2013 at 20:41:31.

The pets are going to be adjusted to better take the DtP as according to genele.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    I don't see these as positive changes at all really. You're losing alot more than you're gaining overall.
    Agreed, and it really doesn't solve most of our actual problems. Non-Zset builds will survive slightly longer in PvP, but we also lost blockers, so that's mostly negated, and Zset builds will have a small amount of killing power, but anyone that has used the special-less Asp knows it's not very effective in anything but the most basic of PvM.

Looks like this is also mostly PvP changes, as most makes almost zero sense for PvM. For non-creation users in PvM, it looks like mostly a nerf due to the NSD change.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    The pets are going to be adjusted to better take the DtP as according to genele.
    In NPE or with the "coming soon" rebalance? Last I heard it was with rebalance, but as shown by this thread, professionals are privy to more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    As long as that makes it ingame with the above mentioned changes. And I seriously hope there's some other things not mentioned in this post. Because as it is with the above mentioned (do note that I don't even play my MPs) MP's will be even worse of than they are now in PvP. Since nothing new is introduced in terms of "crippling". TL4-5 debuffs and a lockout on NSD won't scare anyone.

The current heal eff, nano eff and damage debuffs are nice though. And it will be somewhat of a pita to have those cast more often. But it's far from enough.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    anyone that has used the special-less Asp knows it's not very effective in anything but the most basic of PvM.
    why not pair it with PE?

We need to know the attack/recharge speed of damage of those "new" 1hb weapons, mbs and if r/l hand only etc etc
    And for the love of all that is unholy, fix so we can use all 10 perks in 1hb line of (SL) perks.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

These are very exciting news! The AAD gain from zset combined with another dmg weapon on top of that.. AMAZING!

However.. Rihwen's already gimped defense will really make that 'oh****' nano quite useless because it dies within two FA's anyway.. WTB Scourge pet naow! D

I could imagine stacking up on %nano dmg will really pay off for the pure caster dd'ers out there, with the new shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    why not pair it with PE?
    Split AR, and even if it wasn't split, considerably lower AR than Asp due to 80% TS 20% 1hb vs 100% piercing. Not a lot of people will die to a couple specials these days, need perks on top of that, and not everyone is trox for MR.

Why the removal of hp debuff from Odin's Eye? It was actually USEFULL for low level mp builds.

Shield of Esa should add +HP and +nano damage. Combine the other shields together. Nanocost and nanopool are 100% useless. I don't even have nanocost ncu and 0 IP in nanopool if that tells you anything on how important that is to MPs.

NSD- Great, I am no longer useful at all to ANY bosses. 15sec of NSD is useless when mobs have 2min+ long debuffs. Pretty useless in PvP as well. The only use I can think of in PvM is to give me 15 seconds to try to kill a trader or NT before they kill me as soon as it is over. Useless against every other profession. They better have 1 sec or less recharges on them to even make them worth casting.

Where are the improved -dmg debuffs that are no longer stacking with doc/crat init debuffs?

On a side note, good thing I didn't finish my tl3 mp. NSD changes will ruin pvp for it.
    Last edited by Flyingengi; Jun 19th, 2013 at 22:56:28.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Horrible idea... perks in 1hb will only hurt in pvp as making 1hb creations will LOWER your ar from having them primarily based on nano skills.

Two zset shields could be insane defense but absolutely no offense especially with not being able to use staff buffs for pets. Making sure I have this number correct... 910aad + 25% reflect if you have the SS nano running. Also will SSbond stack with sol/engi/keep auras AND will it stack with NM breed perk?
    Last edited by Psikie; Jun 20th, 2013 at 00:03:15.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Underwhelmed with this news, oh w00t 1hb mp's get more def.
    now we can't nsd more than 1 mob and the one we do will start nuking after 15s. bosses? forget it.
    pretty much all I see is pvp oriented, no help for pvm,(zset maybe) but I can't say i'm surprised
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

forget it
    mp will never be funcom's love child like advy!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast