Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perk Chains

Even as someone who has no interest in playing shades and already gets OD'd by them, I'm happy to see this change. I'd be irked if my abilities were so strongly perk-chain-based and I never had a chance to finish the chains.

I would love to see changes to Obliterate, but I think it's a separate issue.
    Bolen - 220/23/70 trox ma clanner
    Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    www.synergyfactor.net
    Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by gallesch View Post
    And what are shades then? What support powers do they have? They have nothing except DD, save for a single perk chain, which is barely usable without this change. The NT toolset has a lot to offer a team besides damage, as does the Agent's.
    You should do some research into the NT and Agent toolset then, particularly at later levels. Also I did quote part of the dev chat that gave the Desired Damage Heirarchy, it's not my opinion that Agents and NT's should be Top DD, it's what the Dev's said a while ago, it's also what Agents were promised in return for the False Profession Line no longer being supported.

And in case you didn't notice, I do agree with the changes being suggested to Shade perks.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiggity View Post
    hi mr. troll, can i cross your bridge?
    If you're shade you can pass with no fear , i fully agree with shade improvement , but if you are just 1 who wants broken tool back, which was fixed last patch
    Perks will now always land on the target selected when firing the Perk, regardless of whether you switch targets before it completes.
    then this troll won't let you pass bridge
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    You should do some research into the NT and Agent toolset then, particularly at later levels. Also I did quote part of the dev chat that gave the Desired Damage Heirarchy, it's not my opinion that Agents and NT's should be Top DD, it's what the Dev's said a while ago, it's also what Agents were promised in return for the False Profession Line no longer being supported.

And in case you didn't notice, I do agree with the changes being suggested to Shade perks.
    I really don't think it's all that productive (more for your sanity as much as anything else) to keep going back to a comment from a single dev chat over four years ago. The game has changed immeasurably since those days and those devs are long gone from the team here. It's certainly no longer valid as 'what the devs think gospel'. Many changes have taken place since those days and the game is very different to what it was pre-Shadowlands.

We, as the current dev team, certainly don't 'rank' professions as 'they must be in that order' more that we work on ensuring they fulfill their role effectively within the grouping of professions. Yes, there are imbalances left to us by previous decisions and we work on those as we go along in the best way that we think is applicable. I really wouldn't hark back to comments that old, or at least as I say above, its not representative of the way we approach things now.

On the actual subject, this change is intended to allow Shades to have a better chance of getting to the end of their chains. Shades are a much more perk focused profession than most others and with other recent changes to perk lines we did feel after looking at it that they did deserve a little assistance in this manner.

I think the recent changes to the other chained perk lines have already opened them up a little more than in the past and we aren't planning any significant further changes for now.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Owned Ebon

Didn't mean it aggressively, and yes, NTs/Agents should be in the DD bracket, but shades should as well. I'll admit I don't have any tl7 toons (working on it though), so I was acting under the assumption that calms still had a function and that HE still had an effect at endgame. And just because FP is no longer supported doesn't mean it has no use, just that it won't get any better.

This change really just helps shades out in areas where mobs die insanely quickly before they can chain up to their big DD perks (apf, pande, etc)

Though it does mean if a perk chain has been started in PVP, a shade can switch targets and land Hecatomb on a player as their first attack on that player, but they would have had to start their perk chain somewhere else (another, probably dead player) or pet, and the perk would still check defences when they attempt to use it
    I am the baron.

NT calms still have a use and agents can take on multiple roles, not as effective as the real toolset of the professional but good enough.

lawl i get to whore more dmg in pande on my shade even tho im first most the time im there already
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

I like the change. Cant count how many times the perks in chains have been wasted due to mob dieing to fast.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Grats for shades. And maybe we could have the same fix done to starfall chain?
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Did anyone said great job and thanks :O

Cause for me it sound great for shades, even if it wasnt nr 1 on their wish list.

Stop be spoiled and say thanks this is great...pew pew
    Warcollapse 220/17/67 Opifex Doctor - Setup
    Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

I blame canada!

ofc, its better then nothing. And its not CRAP. Gona help for sure

Good to know Funcom remember, there is Shade profession in game

Couse this is cool i dont gona say You must be behind k ?

Ups i did it... ^^
    Alone "Bloodystab" Stalker
    Proud Komodo Board Member

If I post with out " Behind " word thats mean i got eBayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
    ofc, its better then nothing. And its not CRAP. Gona help for sure

Good to know Funcom remember, there is Shade profession in game

Couse this is cool i dont gona say You must be behind k ?

Ups i did it... ^^
    U where behind my doc today....

Will be a pain when u can chain ur bigger perk and transfer them to me like....the pain.... But shaddes needed it
    Warcollapse 220/17/67 Opifex Doctor - Setup
    Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

I blame canada!

thanks sil/dev-team for adding a tweak to shades that makes them playable in a zerg environment.

Did i miss something?

ofc there will be use for this change .But we needed back requirments to be removed form our Piercing mastery perks .Rest changes are minor .No big deal if it is done or not.
    I still cannot understand why u guys wana smap perks like crazy at public raids and work for others .Have you ever thought that while u are breaking your keybord to do as much as dmage while there are some who cy... with her or his friend or watching tv ?
    And if we still want we can beat all other profs in dd without this change.
    Can you please remove back requirment form our perks while you are working on our perks? why it shuld be removed bcs
    1)We are mlee proff and our perks have 3m range and it needs to be back of target. This means i need to run to mob or persone then pass it is back and hopeing it is still alive and does not chage it is face so i perk it.I still have 5 sec to do my next chain time to run back of other target.
    2)It is harmfull to our pc keybord and our hands bcs sometimes we spam back and forward to perk ****s.
    3)We lose alot of time .If it was not back of target it would take me 7 sec to finsh line now it takes sometimes double of this .So i lose time so my dmage goes down.
    4)No one can hold agro of shade this means we are always performing under our capicities.
    5)I go hitten more when i try to do shade dance which results more reclaim and makes shades no fun to play .I do not like to rezz and rebuff like evryone
    6)We got heal nano now that means i need to stand stil to cast it .So it is hard to cast this nano and perk PM.

@t up

Right

But... Babek when they remove Must be behind can u imagine 30 sec insane alpha?

We just put follow and kill everything if we can perk every 40sec ( couse of needed SA in alpha)

They can remove must be behind but thats = Incrase Recharg perks to balance that.

Dont remove must be behind, just give shade's chance to be behind w/o big problems. So More Run speed , Maybe ( - run speed debuff ) , Root / Snere. And ofc Fix Ruberbanding Sync etc. I rly would like to see Something what STOP our Enemy, He can't move and turn left right. So we have chance for safe go behind and hit all what FC give us.

my few $
    Alone "Bloodystab" Stalker
    Proud Komodo Board Member

If I post with out " Behind " word thats mean i got eBayed.

continues.............

Most of time no body bothers with lower pm perks bcs we barely find targets back to use last 3 of them .
    Our main wepone is our 4 sec stun perk and last 3 pm perks .You stun target and if he press q on yyou good luck finshing 3 pm perk before 4 sec bcs they automatically face to you .Thats why we prefer to atck someone who is fighting with some one else so we stun and perk at least 2 of 3 last pm perk beforre he realises us .But it is late alradey it is not hard to put 3 rd one in too before 2 sec .
    Most pepole kite when shade atcks them so when u stun them you have 4 sec to catch it and do shade dance in under 4 sec which is imposible .Which results in failure.Our perks are fatal if we can disable our target to do anything while we pek 3 of them .It is no good to perk just 1 and stun finshes bcs evryone has defence to avaid their death like adv can hit cocon or heal or use dof limber,docs can toally heal up ,trader can root us and so on.
    If you remove the back requirment form shade perks that will be the biggest improvment for pvp shade and ofc pvmer.
    i personally do not ask for Ar boost or more heal or more defence at the end we are not supposed to perk evryone or became immortal.I like chalange but not frustation like i am at back of target it says i am not or says target is out of range.
    Roll nt if u wan akill evryone in 1 button .

Removing it will not make us over powered bcs it is stil the same dmage and still will need skills to perk .

So for example if Traders had a perk chain that was based off the trader draining a targets AAD and buffing their own, (I don't play a Trader so I don't know if they do or don't), then it would be reasonable to ask for the following perks in the chain to work if the buff was in the traders NCU.

We do indeed have perk chains.

Distill life "Bloodletting" >"Reap Life" >"Leg shot"/ Grasp > Easy Shot.
    These are voluntairy tho and only enhance the following perks.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

very nice change to the shade perks. particularly will help in zerg-pvm situations. cant recall the last time i was able to chain down both SP and TR while actually assisting the raidleader... but then, its been some time i brought my shade to pande...

and no, Starfall and Obliterate (or whatever the chain's called) are both fine as they are. Specially an unchained Supernova would be devastating for current pvp.

on a sad note: Shade PM perks are still "must be behind target", so still rather crappy with current sync -.-
    Last edited by sannz; Apr 10th, 2008 at 23:44:55.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast