Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 5th, 2010 - It isn't a sprint.

I'm pretty sure nts will end up with some reflect bypass nukes after rebalance, probably part of a nano-weaving combo, making it less efficient at it, probably, but doubt nts won't keep a part of their dmg bypassing soldier reflects.

So soldiers probably will still see, often enough, their ams being bypassed. LolBR tm was a joke... it's time to correct it.

A soldier should have pointed to that :\.

BR is nowhere near useless in that form. I'm not going to insult (for once ) everybody's intelligence by pointing to multiple situations where it's very nice.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You mean like ... NTs? Each defense need someone who can at least hurt it. Reflects can only be debuffed by engies and the debuff is not really easy to use and.or reliable. Trippples will be gone and now BR useless. Ofc you like it now eh.
    I'd say the forty seconds where soldiers are swinging in the breeze is more than enough opportunity to take them down. People also act as if AMS is some sort of godmode; it's not. I've died under AMS far more than I've died with evade perks up on my crat.

As to the comment someone made about the duration of drains, if you're not interested in keeping the drains running so the soldier can't cast reflects and has their AR nerfed enough that they can't hit you, you're not interested in winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    I'd say the forty seconds where soldiers are swinging in the breeze is more than enough opportunity to take them down. People also act as if AMS is some sort of godmode; it's not. I've died under AMS far more than I've died with evade perks up on my crat.

As to the comment someone made about the duration of drains, if you're not interested in keeping the drains running so the soldier can't cast reflects and has their AR nerfed enough that they can't hit you, you're not interested in winning.
    It's also possible to run into a solja who already has AMS up. I believe you do use it against other professions as well? In that case drains won't do anything about reflects until the solja needs to refresh it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Except it won't be worth using on Soldiers. A Soldier with 67% reflects is just as impossible to kill for a Trader as a Soldier that has 87% reflects and oh, now the Trader has just killed their RRFE.

Not gonna happen. Stupid idea.
    The only thing (except beneficial buff duration - too long) that could use adjustment is, increased duration of debuff, in case of high reflect on target.

Meaning, the higher the reflect amount, the longer the time of debuff.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    It's also possible to run into a solja who already has AMS up. I believe you do use it against other professions as well? In that case drains won't do anything about reflects until the solja needs to refresh it.
    If a soldier has AMS up they are not immune to damage. If you see a soldier fighting other people with AMS up, BR them, remove 20% of their reflects, and sink AS into them while the others are blasting.

I was in BS with a group of friends last night - we had a crat, shade, enforcer and an engie that wasn't running the team spec blocker. Even when the engineer wasn't around to rip reflects, it took us 20 seconds tops to kill a soldier under AMS. Given that they weren't especially good soldiers, how do you think things would have gone for them with the 0 defenses caused by the current implementation of BR?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Meaning, the higher the reflect amount, the longer the time of debuff.
    That is honestly a good idea, who hacked klod's forum account? :P

Code:
    Target's Reflects    Buffed to trader   Debuffed on target  Debuff Duration
    1-5%			3%			-2%		10s
    6-10%			6%			-4%		10s
    11-15%			9%			-6%		10s
    16-20%			12%			-8%		12s
    21-25%			15%			-10%		12s
    26-30%			18%			-12%		12s
    31-40%			20%			-13%		15s
    41-50%			22%			-14%		15s
    51-60%			24%			-16%		15s
    61-WTF			30%			-20%		20s
    Combine that with the buff on the trader not over writing a reflect higher than it, and you're pretty good. (borrowed reflect is the nano that runs on the trader it will obviously have a few types of it now, those would just have stacking orders along the reflect school which would cover everything easily.)
    Last edited by Technogen; Mar 7th, 2010 at 16:57:46.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    That is honestly a good idea, who hacked klod's forum account? :P
    I always had brilliant ideas, duh.

Combine that with the buff on the trader not over writing a reflect higher than it, and you're pretty good. (borrowed reflect is the nano that runs on the trader it will obviously have a few types of it now, those would just have stacking orders along the reflect school which would cover everything easily.)
    No, it still should overwrite existing reflect no matter what (higher stacking order, or whatever), or at least neutralize the higher reflect you currently have running on yourself (so, not overwrite it, but use the BR effect for the duration).

If it didn't, then it wouldn't be a situational debuff tool, it would be all around debuff tool, which is bad.

It should be about sacrifice (you had RRFE running? tough luck ) to soften up your target for you and for everybody else (trader's stuff).

That's why I actually suggested lower duration on "beneficial" effect, to more quickly gain the "regular" effect back.

So, long story short:

1. The higher the reflect on target, the longer the debuff time (your numbers are looking fine)
    2. BR effect "neutralizing" currently running reflect on trader for 4 minutes (after 4 minutes, outside buff reflect "pops" back at full strength)
    3. Lower duration of "beneficial" part, up to 4 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    [LIST=1][*]The higher the reflect on target, the longer the debuff time (your numbers are looking fine)
    Debuff time increasing with the amount of reflects your target has isn't a good idea. Show me where docs are punished for having more heal eff and evaders are punished for having more evades?

Other than that, I think your ideas are sound. I think the BR reflect should "ignore" RRFE, and have a duration shorter than 10 minutes so the trader can get back to RRFE, but it shouldn't cancel RRFE.

Debuff time increasing with the amount of reflects your target has isn't a good idea. Show me where docs are punished for having more heal eff and evaders are punished for having more evades?
    A large part of the balance work coming out is nerfing heals, and changing base numbers of the game. There is nothing adressing reflects beyond capping them under 100%.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Debuff time increasing with the amount of reflects your target has isn't a good idea.
    Sure it is a good idea. It's the main goal anyways, especially after specials/original BR/piercing nukes nerf. Not like we need soldier's god mode back in business again.

Seriously, 10 seconds is simply way to short time to do any significant damage at all (after rebalancing act), especially on something that can have 67-74% reflect left, after debuff.

Show me where docs are punished for having more heal eff and evaders are punished for having more evades?
    They are punished good enough in other departments for that and there's even more to come.

Are you really comparing a 80s buff with a 40s recharge to 80s buff with a 10 mins(-80s) recharge?

If you died with AMS up you did it wrong.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Except it won't be worth using on Soldiers. A Soldier with 67% reflects is just as impossible to kill for a Trader as a Soldier that has 87% reflects and oh, now the Trader has just killed their RRFE.

Not gonna happen. Stupid idea.
    There should be additional scaling above 60% ofcourse, but think of it in a group context and it'll be felt plenty by the soldier. The whole point is that it shouldn't completely destroy a soldiers single defense, but rather reduce it by a certain amount, that still leaves the soldier able to the encounter survive if he knows what he's doing.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    There should be additional scaling above 60% ofcourse, but think of it in a group context and it'll be felt plenty by the soldier. The whole point is that it shouldn't completely destroy a soldiers single defense, but rather reduce it by a certain amount, that still leaves the soldier able to the encounter survive if he knows what he's doing.

20% debuff on a soldier is already alot, imho they shouldnt touch it more than what its at right now

traders can self rrfe and debuff soldiers by alot still, everyone happy!

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    20% debuff on a soldier is already alot, imho they shouldnt touch it more than what its at right now

traders can self rrfe and debuff soldiers by alot still, everyone happy!
    I'd say it should depend on testing. Ofcourse oppinions will conflict, but it should be possible to spot obvious imbalances.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    If you died with AMS up you did it wrong.
    The more you speak about soldiers, the more it is apparent you don't fully understand them.
    Last edited by Berinda; Mar 8th, 2010 at 04:59:43.

Firts of all, let me say this is my first post evah!, been playing since 05, and never felt the need to join forums, although i read them all the time.

Im a little disapointed that the name/char wipe is happening tomorrow, and that there has been no notice in the launcher, no email, and no notice when you log into the game.

-----------------------------

Friday with Means - December 18th, 2009 - Busy day and Leet infestation
    "I spoke with some people on RK1 the other night and I confirmed that "When we do a character wipe...you will need to log on your low level bots to make sure they are not removed.". Let me be clear...This is not happening soon. We will not be up to any such nefarious activity over the Christmas holidays (The next two weeks) and we certainly will not do it without any notice. <bold>There will be notices in the launcher for weeks before...notices on the forums...and we will likely send mails to everyone in the interest of making sure nobody loses anything they are even remotely interested in. Lots of notice. You will all be sick of hearing about it when we do it."</bold>

Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved
    "Tentative target date for transfer from D3 and Character name clean-up: February 26th."

Update on Transfer from DNW to RK1 and RK2. Feb 25th, 2010
    "The name cleanup and character wipe will be Monday, March 8th 2010."

Friday with Means - March 5th, 2010 - It isn't a sprint.
    "Let me start by saying "LOG IN YOUR ALTS!!!" Remember that on Monday-ish there will be a wipe of characters below level5 that have not been logged in for more than a year. Level 173 and below characters that have not been in game for 18 months will lose their names. Anything 174 and above that has not logged in for four years will also lose their name. I think we have been pretty good with holding on to ancient artifacts...but it is time for a little spring cleaning."

------------------------------

SO, where is the promised 'Lots of Notice, You will be sick of hearing about it when we do it'
    Nothing at all in the Launcher, No Emails, and just small mentions in FWM and DNWtransfer.
    I would guess that less than half the population actually read forums.
    I can see alot of angry players wanting to know where there L1 bank toon with all there stuff is?

Really, this is just crazy, 'lot of notice' means just that!, not coming soon(tm), and then wham, you got 2 days to log your alts, banks and bots!

I'm Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Lost View Post
    Firts of all, let me say this is my first post evah!, been playing since 05, and never felt the need to join forums, although i read them all the time.

Im a little disapointed that the name/char wipe is happening tomorrow, and that there has been no notice in the launcher, no email, and no notice when you log into the game.

-----------------------------

Friday with Means - December 18th, 2009 - Busy day and Leet infestation
    "I spoke with some people on RK1 the other night and I confirmed that "When we do a character wipe...you will need to log on your low level bots to make sure they are not removed.". Let me be clear...This is not happening soon. We will not be up to any such nefarious activity over the Christmas holidays (The next two weeks) and we certainly will not do it without any notice. <bold>There will be notices in the launcher for weeks before...notices on the forums...and we will likely send mails to everyone in the interest of making sure nobody loses anything they are even remotely interested in. Lots of notice. You will all be sick of hearing about it when we do it."</bold>

Friday with Means - February 5th, 2010 - Epeen Epreserved
    "Tentative target date for transfer from D3 and Character name clean-up: February 26th."

Update on Transfer from DNW to RK1 and RK2. Feb 25th, 2010
    "The name cleanup and character wipe will be Monday, March 8th 2010."

Friday with Means - March 5th, 2010 - It isn't a sprint.
    "Let me start by saying "LOG IN YOUR ALTS!!!" Remember that on Monday-ish there will be a wipe of characters below level5 that have not been logged in for more than a year. Level 173 and below characters that have not been in game for 18 months will lose their names. Anything 174 and above that has not logged in for four years will also lose their name. I think we have been pretty good with holding on to ancient artifacts...but it is time for a little spring cleaning."

------------------------------

SO, where is the promised 'Lots of Notice, You will be sick of hearing about it when we do it'
    Nothing at all in the Launcher, No Emails, and just small mentions in FWM and DNWtransfer.
    I would guess that less than half the population actually read forums.
    I can see alot of angry players wanting to know where there L1 bank toon with all there stuff is?

Really, this is just crazy, 'lot of notice' means just that!, not coming soon(tm), and then wham, you got 2 days to log your alts, banks and bots!

I'm Lost
    Sad but true. I have some inactive paid accounts that NEVER received an email about this, yet it happens in the next 24 hours. Luckily I have active paid & froob accounts & visit the forums daily, so I know about it. Most of the inactive accounts don't & will have no idea until it is too late.

This is right along the same lines as how badly things are handled for special occasions, holiday celebrations & events. Some are barely given 2 days notice on the forums, some are put on the launcher AFTER they start, most never get listed on the website. Don't get me started on how badly outdated the updates & notices are on the website.

Whoever is paid to be responsible for Anarchy Online's PR should be updating their resume & preparing to be replaced. Heck, just wiki the official website & let the community handle it. At least then it would be done regularly & things as important as deletion of toons & removal of names would get posted there.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

The Email seems to have been a system error of some sort, as it should have gone out like middle of next week and the name wipe is a bit less than they normally would so we at-least have that going for us.

I'm betting that Means will postpone the wipe due to the problems but that's just my guess no official statement obliviously.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Well at least we get advanced notice on the all important changes being made to pvp. Cause everyone needs time to think of new ways of fighting and to complain about how they're being nerfed.
    But giving people noticed that they're rarely played toons, even if they're on an active paid account, that's not important.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    This is right along the same lines as how badly things are handled for special occasions, holiday celebrations & events. Some are barely given 2 days notice on the forums, some are put on the launcher AFTER they start, most never get listed on the website. Don't get me started on how badly outdated the updates & notices are on the website.
    Yeah this always confused me. I remember them saying at one point that anarchy-online.com was in the hands of the marketing department, not the AO team. Then I think Means said he wanted to get control back, but it never panned out? No idea.
    Silnumtao 220 Doc
    Sebquantic 150 Agent

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast