Thread: 250+ Symbiant Camping - A Guide

250+ Symbiant Camping - A Guide

This is a list of the PB to camp for QL250+ Control Symbiants, and where the pattern pieces drop. I've excluded some symbs that almost nobody uses (such as right arm and the wrists), if you need to find them, go to http://aopocket.tngk.com/, where much of this information was gathered from.

Ahpta (QL 220)
    Drops from: Atakirh & Salahpt (around Razor's Lair)
    Engi symbs from this PB: 270 eye, 250/270 brain

Haqa (QL 220)
    Drops from: Akshk'i & Tuq'usk (Near Oasis)
    Engi symbs from this PB: 270 chest, 250/260 left arm

Sasabonsam (QL 220)
    Drops from: Anansi`s Disciple, Scary Spider (some Anansi quest mobs as well) (South-Southeast of 255)
    Engi symbs from this PB: 250 thigh, 250/270 feet, 250 left hand

Shullat (QL 255)
    Drops from: Tinos, Astypalia, Phatmos (West of Razor's Lair)
    Engi symbs from this PB: 280 eye

Taille Frees (QL 220)
    Drops from: Aniitap's Shadow, Aniitap, Wicked Shadows (Between Inf Redeemed Temple and Ergo)
    Engi symbs from this PB: 260/270 waist

Ushqa (QL 220)
    Drops from: Maychwaham, Ushamaham (Near Oasis)
    Engi symbs from this PB: 260/270 ear, 250 chest

The Night Heart
    Not a PB (Pandemonium)
    Engi symbs from this mob: 300 eye, 300 brain, 270/300 ear, 280/300 chest, 270/300 left arm, 260/270/300 waist, 250/300 right hand, 250/270/300 feet, 250/290/300 thigh, 250/280/300 left hand

For many of these, if you're just starting off, the easiest path of camping is to start at the Oasis, kill the Merlin Dragons there, move West past Razor's Lair to the heck spots. By the time you kill Astypalia and Phatmos, the first dragons are bound to have spawned. The easiest way to solo these is to leave pets on wait in a safe area far from the clusters of mobs around the dyna, use the IS DoT ring or hacked blister packs of low level Doctor DoTs and then run back to your pets. If you've left them sufficiently far behind, in a minute only the boss should appear, at which time, send the chicken (trimmed for aggressiveness) and then a bar later, the dog. If you use a top QL aggro trimmer, you should be able to spam Maker's Touch and Rejuvenate without getting aggro, saving Mechanic perks and Regrowth for when your pets get low. Using this technique, I've been able to solo every pattern mob here except Scary/Disciple (Sasabonsam) and TNH. I havent tried soloing the PB themselves, as there's usually a nice org mate or two (or Alcoydel and Gaged <3) to help me. Additionally, it should be noted that almost all of these PB are Inferno Garden mobs for one side or another, so things like the 260/270 waists that drop from Taille Frees are cheaper on one side's GMS than the other. Make friends across the isle and ask them to check if you dont feel like farming your own symbs.
    Last edited by Gatsby; Jan 14th, 2007 at 08:06:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Yay for Fabricate!
    Add location and you're top notch
    ->Moertje 220/21 - Side tokens collected 2500.
    - Real Life Yutto - of TETN :teeth: / - Atlantean //Current PVM Setup// PVP Setup//PVP swapping Setup

->Mulisch 150/4 - Side tokens collected 16 - wtf melee? (retired)
    ->Amoer 150/9 - friendly neighbourhood Trader!

Quote Originally Posted by Moertje View Post
    Yay for Fabricate!
    Add location and you're top notch
    done!
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Ive been Guide Ninjaed :/
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    If you use a top QL aggro trimmer, you should be able to spam Maker's Touch and Rejuvenate without getting aggro, saving Mechanic perks and Regrowth for when your pets get low.
    *bugged*

When camping these mobs, (mostly the dragons) the first thing i do is hit regrow on widow.. why? the same thing goes for enforcers you never use defensive perks just at the last second, you use them as soon as there effective so theyll recharge asap, (tho ive always killed them before it recharges, Im not that gimpy :P ) from camping lots of these mobs and often (aksdjaslkjfsaklfa) you should do okay with just not using Increase Aggressiveness on dog, he generally pulls some agro off the bat so i throw a Sotos on widow to keep it on him as hes the tank ofc :P

Using bio regrow right away also gives me time to land all my perks and etc before needing to hit mechanic, spamming rejuv is always a must as well as alternating between sotos and Makers Touch

I also use blinds when i can (long recharge FTL) to try to do some agro juggling between me widow and even dog if i can, ive been told that, that idea is 'beyond' some people but come now :P I do it all the time on my crat, saves quite a few enfos :]

Little note on Atakirh: He likes to throw off some pretty nice DoTs early on so if you pull with install notum depletion (he spawns with nothing around him <3 ) it makes it amazingly easier

Still wish we had a more detailed guide to All control symbs... Yes yes i complain a lot im just waiting for the, well do it your damn self post.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    Still wish we had a more detailed guide to All control symbs... Yes yes i complain a lot im just waiting for the, well do it your damn self post.
    With the exception of the mid-QL control eyes (guide = have a lot of spare time to camp gump or whatever that pb is), most control symbs are fairly cheap and always available. This is because low QL symbs (Scheol) are frequently camped by lower level players as a cash-farming operation, and mid QL symbs (ado/pen) are frequently farmed by higher level people. As a result, up to QL240 symbs are really very cheap and easy to get. If you really want to camp Pen mobs, the hard part isnt finding the mobs, its finding them up. For ALL control symbs, just check AoPocket.

aphta/ushqa/haqa also drops from spinetooths and... damn, forgot name, dragons, one is always walking on Razor ledge. But droprate suxx.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I added this to the sticky list.
    It would be nice if you could add the reverse list (sybiant -> which PB drops it) and you start at 230, so my own list becomes redundant, and I can remove it from the sticky list.
    I assume this information is not only your own research, if so it would be nice to reference your sources, I make sure I always do that.
    If you have some more time, it would be nice to see the mid QL symbs too, to make the other symb guide redundant.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.