Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Callin Out EVERY Funcom Dev

I'm Callin Out EVERY Funcom Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Just like FunCom, I wish RIOT would actually spend time improving their product instead of screwing around.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Just like FunCom, I wish RIOT would actually spend time improving their product instead of screwing around.
    only that LoL is about the most balanced moba out there and AO is not.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    only that LoL is about the most balanced moba out there
    rofl.

Funcom employee

Meh. It's like Geddan but less funny.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

They can't even make a proper video of the engine and you want choreography?

I don't see how two guys and a stuffed leet doll could pull that off.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Maybe if your ELO is 5.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Maybe if your ELO is 5.
    Riot does their job and is constantly balancing the game. Besides, are YOU a high elo player and can make that call? If you are, PM me. I'll play you in a league match or two. THEN you can make that call.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I don't see how two guys and a stuffed leet doll could pull that off.
    tape leet doll to head. get butt naked. choreography solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    Riot does their job and is constantly balancing the game. Besides, are YOU a high elo player and can make that call? If you are, PM me. I'll play you in a league match or two. THEN you can make that call.
    if you check the LoL forums you'll see just how imbalanced every single character is. sheesh. even wood league players know that any hero they don't play is imba and every hero they play is the nerfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    if you check the LoL forums you'll see just how imbalanced every single character is. sheesh. even wood league players know that any hero they don't play is imba and every hero they play is the nerfest.
    League Forums are worse than AO Forums for sandbagging characters. There are a few champs in LoL that are a bit too strong, but nothing like Metaknight in SSBB.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    I've been playing since before S1, have nearly 3k games played and had a normal ELO of around 1850. Why do I need to play you to make that call?

RIOT doesn't do jack. Heimerdinger, one of my favorite chars has all but been forgotton, they gave him ANOTHER turret AI "fix" this patch and now he is completely unplayable since the turrets take 2-3s to even register what you are attacking.

Also:

Talon ratios still too high.
    Cho and Irelia sustain still too high.
    Vi still perma-banned due to retarded base stats.
    After the Eve nerf it took RIOT just over a year to fix what they had done.
    Karma still has a ridiculous fall off.
    Jayce having all the benefits of range with none of the downsides.

It goes on and on.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Jax too strong. Better nerf keepers.

P.S. I like the way this derail is heading

So regular patches almost constantly is not enough? No wonder people give AO a hard time...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So regular patches almost constantly is not enough? No wonder people give AO a hard time...
    Regular patches which add things, which incidentally break more stuff, instead of fixing what is already there.

What about the invisible skillshot bug that has been around for years?
    What about knock-ups affecting Tristana/Kha/etc leaps in mid-air?
    What about blinks breaking cooldowns?

This stuff has been around since the beta and still hasn't been fixed.

Sound familiar?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

So? Tons of games have loads of issues, no matter how popular or regularly they're updated. If they're that longstanding then the community is likely to have developed workarounds for them.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So? Tons of games have loads of issues, no matter how popular or regularly they're updated. If they're that longstanding then the community is likely to have developed workarounds for them.
    All 3 of my examples are things that have no workaround and in same cases cost games.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I've been playing since before S1, have nearly 3k games played and had a normal ELO of around 1850. Why do I need to play you to make that call?

RIOT doesn't do jack. Heimerdinger, one of my favorite chars has all but been forgotton, they gave him ANOTHER turret AI "fix" this patch and now he is completely unplayable since the turrets take 2-3s to even register what you are attacking.

Also:

Talon ratios still too high.
    Cho and Irelia sustain still too high.
    Vi still perma-banned due to retarded base stats.
    After the Eve nerf it took RIOT just over a year to fix what they had done.
    Karma still has a ridiculous fall off.
    Jayce having all the benefits of range with none of the downsides.

It goes on and on.

1. I have also been playing since before S1. Hell I remember when Garen came out.

2. Riot is by far one of the best game companies I've seen in awhile. They have a game that they are continually balancing, adding new champions and continually supporting. So they didn't fix your favorite champ, oh well. You try and do the math/programming to fix the AI if you're going to complain about it. I'm sure that Heimerdinger is on their To-Do list of things they want to get done, and if they take 5 minutes out of their day to do one silly video, oh well its not the end of the world. They are human beings too, not mindless programming machines made to only serve the people that play their games.

3. The champs you listed with the problems you have listed I don't see a problem with. Yeah, I may not have as many games played as you do (Though I do almost have 2k games played), Never when I play against those champions do I see these problems. Irelia has been nerfed so many times, she's the butt of every joke about "Oh, is champ "X" op? Better nerf Irelia." Vi may get permabanned, but she's still relatively new, she hasn't been fully balanced yet.

4. I mainly called you out to play a league match because I was poking fun, I love the AO community and would love to play a league match or two with some of the people from it. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast