Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A summary of suggestions from the AO community.

Bumping, mostly so I can follow the thread

To number 68... numpad 0 is autorun.

Quote Originally Posted by sauersauce View Post
    To number 68... numpad 0 is autorun.
    Alternatively, hold w, press shift, let go of w, let go of shift.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    Alternatively, hold w, press shift, let go of w, let go of shift.
    Put your left hand on your right knee, take your right hand and with your index finger touch the back of your next, with your toes (left foot) touch the wall behind your desk. Take your right foot and place it under you without lifting yourself off your chair. Touch the tip of your nose with your tongue, and sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" but with the voice of the chipmunks.

Now your characters will run automatically whenever you think about it, only if you hold the position described and keep singing.

Have fun!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

just realized my bad, il put a different suggestion there
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Categorizing this for Orochi. Good thread.

GUI

1. sound effect on tell message / (BS)invite, or a visual effect that's hard to miss, hotkey to turn it on/off.
      Also would not mind customization, like auto activate after 10min afk, setting exceptions for certain people, activate only on certain key words are seen, for example ado heck inf totw s13/28/35 mitaar 12m db quest.
      If possible also give option to redirect all tells to ur current online toon. If possible, compatibility with vhhchat etc would be nice.
    2. options for sound effect on charm-almost-run-out/AMS/DoF/whatever, must be able to it turn on/off ofc
    3. add hide back item(mcnurja's suggestion)
    4. give option to save prefs of a toon at server side
    5. make nano/fight/perk/item bars moveable(Klodovik's suggestion)
    6. option to make all chat behave like a tell window,(how many times has ur hotbar disappeared because u thought u could just keep typing like in tell window)Hello
    7. rename "abilities" to "genetics/whatever"would make more sense
    8. extra bank for non-nodrop items for all toons of that account(on that server)
    9. give a button that makes a waypoint at the toons current spot, so we can return to lift after we found it
    10. up credit limit to 10/100bil (CuisinartBlade's suggestion)
    11. give option to prevent accidental saving in garden ur just running trough (not my idea)
    12. options to make more of the GUI transparent/fix-positions/click-throughable
    13. option to turn off dying animations for faster looting, or make them lootable while they are dying, (after RNG and servers are fixed)
    14. option to speed up setting perk points after FPR, instead of select+areyousure X 70! (not my idea)
    15. give us 1 global OOC channel and 1 zone OOC, the system atm is too confusing
    16. option to make tells/mails shared among all toons under the main account, so any tell/mail sent to one of ur toons can be picked up by any of ur toons (Menzagitat)
    17. warning before uploading nano, if u already have it uploaded.
    18. option to make certain buffs/debuffs always show on top of the list, in ur own or on nano-target ncu. So they don't get swarmed by other peoples low duration debuffs or auras on urself.
    19. reduce logout time from 30 secs to 15 secs
    20. option to hide your own polymorph visual effects(Veev's suggestion)
    21. sort LFT window by level on default(Veev's suggestion)
    22. Let the GMI access creds of all characters on that account, when buying items(Le-Quack's suggestion)
    23. option for: cannot invite flagged player(not my idea)
    24. option for: cannot cast on flagged player(not my idea)
    25. option to show your character running slightly diagonal when running forward+strafing, would just look more natural.
    26. option to see either own level range or all toons on lft, lvl range search if we ever get big player base(not my suggestion)
    27. option to sell/trade/buy with one mouse click (drainbamage's idea)
    28. option to save 2 setups for 1 toon, for example 1 pvm, 1 pvp setup (akpawnz' idea)
    29. option: Esc cancel all popups and bring up settings window, its default button for menu/settings is most games.
    30. a one click loot-all action, for example hold down a button and press right mouse button
    31. option to use doublepress as a key bind.
    32. option to remember last targeted hostile and last targeted friendly targets at the same time. And make specials/perks/nanos/items go to whichever accordingly, (for example heals/absorbs/buffs to teammate and debuff/perk/petattack on boss.
    33. option for nearest-mob-center targeting, select whatever mobs center is closest to the mouse compared to all other mobs centers. makes it easier to target in masses of mobs
    34. option to configure a perk if its a use fighting-target or use on nanoselect-target
    35. a button that does start attack only, not cancel if clicked twice. Should be binded to same key as switch-fight-target by default, but changeable if the player wants
    36. allow players to pull their teams health bars out just like we do with raid interface, without being in raid interface, the current team window is bugged and doesnt always show correct hp and numbers, and it blocks screen too much, all we need is red+blue, and maybe autofade option(Gatester's suggestion)
    37. make arrow keys scroll trough account names while still keeping the type cursor in password be default.
    38. make a bag or extra inventory, where if u press 1 button it tries to combine everything with everything in there, press button once or spam button for gemcuter+pearls or next step for more complex tradeskillin, also put warning when first time using it, for example for combined armor.
    39. a button that switches off all GUI, hpbars+chat+hotbars+everything, for taking screenshots.
    40. lock ncu button, if u want to choose, not to receive buffs like reflect shields
    41. keyboard commands for agg/deff bar, most show % number while changing it (from original suggestion summary)

Item Shop
    1. keep homestead pack in itemshop and remove the individual portable gms/bank. Or just change the prices so that it makes sense(individual should cost less then whole pack)
    2. portable mail terminal

Gameplay

1. make pets remember latest stance, even after zoning, also allow pet stance to be changed when not having pets, so they don't always go crazy when they spawn. (Dogtrauma's suggestion)
    2. have auto-subscribe to channel actually work for bots
    3. add bags in garden shops(from original summary)
    4. lessen the cant-zone-on-login or increase the cast time on DB2codes/recall beacons(so it doesn't overlap)
    5. make LE procs not cancel on zone(akpawnz' suggestion)
    6. put some missing barriers in the grid so u no longer fall off a floor(not my idea)
    7. show numbers in fgrid floors so u don't have to count(not my idea)
    8. BEING FIXED: remove all unique tags for tradeable items that only have 1 equip slot(u can use inbox to keep multiple anyway)
    9. Update the /help. Like /tell %t to send a tell to the targeted person. And lots more
    10. reduce equip times for most non-weapons to 0,1 sec
    11. greatly reduce the cost for low lvl armor/guns/imps in shops, / increase cred reward. newbies have it tough cred wise, it makes em leave game early
    12. to prevent tower griefing+meeping, ocenes quote "Grab that flag and apply it to avoid meeping or warping. So basically if someone in team can be attacked, nobody can meep. Problem solved."
    13. show mezzed eremites (akpawnz' idea)
    14. let us use /stuck while standing because some places don't let us sit (Ayria)
    15. fix the SL dungeon 4 -staircase room making pets and people on follow get stuck (eroz_c)
    16. make items in overflow not go poof, its the cause of 9/10 lost items, make it smaller if ur afraid people will use it as extra inventory space.
    17. nanos with 100% chance of breaking, mezz etc, they stay active if mob is hit often enough (im so gonna get hate tells for ruining these sometimes very useful functions)
    18. automatically reload right instantly after a full auto
    19. quicker respawn time on mantis queen, maybe with less chance of loot if that balances it out
    20. At the end of a SL mission, spawn clickable exit warp item.(Mako's suggestion)
    21. Europeans doing sector42 in prime time prevent Americans doing sector42 in their prime time, make it 4 hours from start to start, or come up with another way to give Americans a chance
    22. Sort neutral implant cluster terminals in order of shining, bright, faded(Veev's suggestion)
    23. let subway and totw nodrop drop outside RK as well, like foremans loot (Seoin)
    24. option for even 1 person to keep instance, no more losing instance by accident cause of LD, u can hold instance urself anyway with froob dual log.
    25. lower Comp Lit requirement for west athens grid from 131 to 81, since its the first place u end up as clan (Azurenightma's suggestion)
    26. make players not appear in front of omni-trade grid exit after using grid nano, either in middle of grid or near lift. (Azurenightma's suggestion)
    27. uncap research at level 220
    28. action to spawn a bag in your inventory anywhere you are, with the bag named from number 1 up to 100, and that number printed on bag icon.
    29. option to turn those bags into auto-fill bags, anything u loot will go into bag nr1, if full to bag nr2 etc.(hard to program so made it separate suggestion)
    30. queued perks should not be fired and timeout if the mob is already dead
    31. allow us to use items while perks are firing
    32. allow us to fire specials and instacast nanos while running
    33. increase xp pool from 200mil to much higher, its far to easy to cap (Gatester's suggestion)
    34. pet stance: pet assist owner, basically pet automatically attacks what player attacks, its already possible with key bindings, but it requires u to change key binds every time u want to change pets behavior. (Gatester's suggestion)
    35. make AI technology 3 not require perk points, bazzit quest requirement still makes sense though.
    36. let us combine the ado scuba gear into another item like a ring, so people dont have to unequip their twinked on reanimator cloaks. Pen glasses and inf boots may also have the same problem for lvl 160-185 characters(185minimum to loot sector35 convert units) (sultryvoltron's suggestion)
    37. allow crat to free individual charms (Dogtrauma's suggestion)
    38. let us stack more items that only come in 1 quality level, and also able to split items that are not yet splittable(extruderbars, box of bullets)
    39. instacast pet warp, maybe with lockout if u feel its overpowered.
    40. always enable zoning with APF shuttle in ICC, reduce the time shuttle flies in the sky if your worried about it not making sense.
    41. add grid exit to APFs and xan, APF where u pull Le missions, Xan of course 201 locked.
    42. let us equip more items from inside a backpack

Fixed

• GMS, when u buy let it be warped/mailed to u, running/flying to shops is a 100% annoying thing. (Windguaerd)
    • add more specific descriptions to the LE procs (Ayria)
    • make ur own player shops location visible(not my idea)
    • give us more GMS space in shop, we can already do it by making alts and making shops on those toons, just make less annoying please (not my idea)
    • stop giving froobs the illusion they can actually use GMS (eroz_c)
    • make GMS show if someone has multiple items of the same type and same price or, a tip telling u to change prices of same items by few points, so they show up as separate.(mansh0)
    • put commas or spaces in between big numbers, for example 50,000,000(Le-Quack's suggestion)
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

73 32 108 111 118 101 32 121 111 117 32 65 110 97 114 99 104 121 32 79
    110 108 105 110 101 46 32 70 117 110 111 109 46 46 32 78 111 116 32 1
    15 111 46 46 32 79 107 32 121 111 117 32 50 32 58 68

25 mill to whomever tells me what this says exactly. C'mon Coders, I know u guys can read this

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarClan View Post
    73 32 108 111 118 101 32 121 111 117 32 65 110 97 114 99 104 121 32 79
    110 108 105 110 101 46 32 70 117 110 111 109 46 46 32 78 111 116 32 1
    15 111 46 46 32 79 107 32 121 111 117 32 50 32 58 68

25 mill to whomever tells me what this says exactly. C'mon Coders, I know u guys can read this
    I love you Anarchy Online. Funom.. Not so.. Ok you 2
    I would say you made a mistake at the end of your second line though as this was the initial output

I love you Anarchy Online. Funom.. Not ☺☼o.. Ok you 2

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Bump for this, even combination of keys would be better than what it is right now.

option to sell/trade/buy with one mouse click (drainbamage's idea)

I'd just like to jump in here quickly with a hopefully minor suggestion; being able to use the Numpad to type numbers inside the game client.

Examples include: For numeric passwords during login, setting prices on GMI.

Currently, using the numpad activates any functions you have assigned to those keys, rather than inputting the numbers into the currently selected text field. I can't count the number of time's I've gone to set a price on GMI and had my camera attempt to turn itself inside out.

Cheers.
    -Trony-
    Doctrony - 220/30 Doctor
    Neurix - 100/10 Nano-Technician

"The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is
    accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves"
    - Lao Tzu

good one, il put it on there.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

i will be making a new thread soon, because there are so many words it cant fit in 1 post.
    So dont sticky this one, or sticky and give sticky to new one after.
    So the new thread will in the beginning have some "filler" posts after the first one.

c/p'ing my old thread, hope it helps,

1.when a trade window is open, send items to the window by right clicking them. (just like diablo, but maybe not when trading with other ppl)

2.add an option to save our backpack settings and apply them to every new bp.

3.dont close bps after zoning

4.add an option to save our toons' gui setup, and when creating a new char, add an option to implement that setup. (this can be done via copying prefs folder but an option could be more convenient)

5.allow to ts in backpacks.

6.allow to group our friends

7.move omni daily building to rome green OR put jobe whom pa in rome blue.

8. allow to loot to backpack

9.right click on garden key, teleport to garden. (when the recall beacon is in inv or bank, so we dont have to swap our hud)

10.the tower targeting mission is a pita. so instead of specific towers, make us find 2 different turret type towers, one guardian type, one battery and a control tower. and not in order.

11.gui takes up alot of space on laptops and such. resize it depends on the resolution or add an option for it.

12.place a mailbox near every gmi.

13.add an option to change color of channels (especially group chats are annoying to see, thyre white)

i closed this thread because the info would not fit in 1 post, and since making a new thread is the only way to get the first 4 posts, i deleted this and put it on...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=602189

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Put your left hand on your right knee, take your right hand and with your index finger touch the back of your next, with your toes (left foot) touch the wall behind your desk. Take your right foot and place it under you without lifting yourself off your chair. Touch the tip of your nose with your tongue, and sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" but with the voice of the chipmunks.

Now your characters will run automatically whenever you think about it, only if you hold the position described and keep singing.

Have fun!
    I just tried this. You owe me a bottle of Advil now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12