Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fix the Melee doc bug please.

Quote Originally Posted by Healyhatman View Post
    Just hope we find out BEFORE the full IPR goes away sil
    We will bear that in mind
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Ah well, on the bright side my doc doesnt need any IP in weaponskills to be 'working'.

meh: "Sorry team I IPRed and will only UBT/heal/DOT"
    team: "Thats all we need"

gogo healmonkey status!
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    Sure their Tier gives pistol, but then again the adventurer tier gives +bow, and how often have you seen an advy with a bow?
    Yep, and the "doc tier gives pistol" argument is junked by the fact that doc tier also gives Shotgun and RE. And moreso with the Ofab stuff that continued these buffs and extended them.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

but then, who uses doc tier? except pads.

on topic,
    yes fix or atleast support somehow us, docs using melee weps.
    No Doc can Heal Stupidity,Tard!

Smaaldor doc 207/13

Engies have a pistol buff, they can use artillery symbs, they have pistol mastery and power up perk lines, they have lines which add to grenade, and yet they can use their procs with melee, so this is clearly not about "supported weapon lines".

In fact, I think we're the only prof that LE has tried to limit in terms of weapons.

If you want to make docs a pistol prof then put the support in place for that. Let us train Pistol mastery all the way, add pistol to support symbs or let us use artillery, give us a pistol buff similar to gunslinger or extreme prejudice. You can't try and force us down one weapon route when the support for that weapon route isn't even properly in place.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

I will keep using my shotgun, won't touch the ipr with a 10 foot pole
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

I wish engineers had arty symbs
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    I wish engineers had arty symbs
    My bad, I'd been playing my trader alt and got a little confused as I'd been playing my engy previously.

I'll go slap myself around a bit.

Bump for the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Ah well, on the bright side my doc doesnt need any IP in weaponskills to be 'working'.

meh: "Sorry team I IPRed and will only UBT/heal/DOT"
    team: "Thats all we need"

gogo healmonkey status!
    Careful, or you'll get a cyberdeck

Bump for removing init type requirement on all research procs. Variety is interesting, and not only for docs.. MP is another "sucks with all weapons, so anything goes" class.
    Hlep gnak!

Or worse, a 2HB staff...

(Edit : btw, since we know doc were designed Pistol, could we know what mp are designed to use ? is there some pet init to use with procs ? *Jealous* )
    Last edited by willlliams; Dec 19th, 2006 at 14:22:48.

Bump for solution

Pissed melee doc looking for a place to weep over his blades

Just curious since there is a patch tomorrow will we be seeing our procs working with all weapon init types? Or am I gonna have to do a full IPR and go with a Shotty for them to work? Kind odd that the weapon I use is a range weapon but has phys init on it SUCKS!
    Ragingangel 220/26 Omni Doc
    Rjsangel 215/16 Omni Shade
    Proud Unit Members of Dark Front

Aye since the procs are still not working with the sapp bows, it would be cool to know whether it's getting fixed in a soon patch or not, specially since the full ipr will be removed after a few patches.
    Just so we know if we gotta ipr to go shotung or not
    Phaine

Quote Originally Posted by Ephe View Post
    Aye since the procs are still not working with the sapp bows, it would be cool to know whether it's getting fixed in a soon patch or not, specially since the full ipr will be removed after a few patches.
    Just so we know if we gotta ipr to go shotung or not
    At the moment the official stance is it's working as intended as it is, that means nothing is "broke" and therefore doesn't require "fixing".

All we can hope is that the Devs decide they made a mistake and change things. But with the list of things genuinely broken atm, fixing something they don't consider broken won't be near the top of the priority tree sadly.

The update tomorrow just contains fixes to the research actions and not any changes to how they specifically work, like adding multiple init types to the attacks would take. Unfortunately that is not a straightforward change and if we make it (as I said we haven't sat down and decided on this one yet) it won't be something you will see in the immediate post launch updates.
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    The update tomorrow just contains fixes to the research actions and not any changes to how they specifically work, like adding multiple init types to the attacks would take. Unfortunately that is not a straightforward change and if we make it (as I said we haven't sat down and decided on this one yet) it won't be something you will see in the immediate post launch updates.
    Sil, can we assume that we'll know "IF" it's going to get changed soonish? I'm sure you understand the work that would go into changing a toon from melee to ranged. At the moment the priority is just knowing if it's going to get changed in future, if it is then we can relax, stop worrying about the full IPR and let the Devs get on with things. If however it's not, then knowing sooner rather than later will give melee users time to consider things, sort out new kit, build new imps and use the full IPR before it's closed.

Not asking for a fix tomorrow, or even next week, but an answer on IF it's going to get changed can't come soon enough please

Quote Originally Posted by Siorai View Post
    Sil, can we assume that we'll know "IF" it's going to get changed soonish? I'm sure you understand the work that would go into changing a toon from melee to ranged. At the moment the priority is just knowing if it's going to get changed in future, if it is then we can relax, stop worrying about the full IPR and let the Devs get on with things. If however it's not, then knowing sooner rather than later will give melee users time to consider things, sort out new kit, build new imps and use the full IPR before it's closed.

Not asking for a fix tomorrow, or even next week, but an answer on IF it's going to get changed can't come soon enough please
    I honestly cant say that at the moment. There are two things to go through, firstly whether the team decide this is something we want to support, I can assure you on that count it will be discussed, and this feedback taken into account.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, we don't even know if its technically possible yet. The current system is designed to fire off a single init. Initial attempts to do the 'maybe it works easily if we do this' changes to allow multiple inits proved that it wasn't a straightforward change. We will keep looking at it, but as of now I couldn't say either way whether it is likely or not given that technical situation. I'd love to be able to give a more concrete update but thats where we stand as of today.
    Old Timer

Let the ungodly amount of perk resetting begin I assume.

Nothing personal but I am assuming by what I am reading that it isnt gonna happen.

So yay for an IPR that is gonna take about 20 or more perk resets to use. Cant u guys change the time limit on the perk resets for a small amount of time. (even though a full perk reset would be nice to go along with the ipr. That would cut my time in half just having to perk back to what I was after the ipr)Seeings how alot of the player base is about to be in perk resets. This kind of sucks and takes my enjoyment of the game away for a little over a month. Annoying.
    Ragingangel 220/26 Omni Doc
    Rjsangel 215/16 Omni Shade
    Proud Unit Members of Dark Front

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast