Thread: Perk Setup

Perk Setup

hey guys. figured i'd ask for help on this. why not.

I would like some help/suggestions on what kind of perk set up i should run.
    couple things you should know:
    1. I mainly do pvm. only pvp when absolutely neccesary.
    2. I have no fear of reperking into abilities or 2he when the time comes to upgrade my gear, so dont worry about that
    3. I run a full def keeper, evades and max health all the way
    4. i prefer suvivability over damage output. I often solo pvm and i like to stay alive as long as possible

any help would be great thanks
    Dbkeeper - Dbtwohe - Dbtech

www.legendsrk.webs.com

If you want full on survivability you could go blessing/bio/holy mark/aura of revival, probably in that order

Most people would perk reaver instead of AoR but if that's what you want, it's there

Staying alive as long as possible becomes a moot point if you can dispatch your opponent before you've even started your defensive rotations.

Pretty standard setup is:

10 blessing
    10 reaver
    10 coon
    10 HM
    10 CoHI
    10 Crusade
    10 CONC.

You can swap out CONC for beta genome if you're soli and have a MP /trader around to buff. Otherwise the DB buffs are ridiculous.

For atrox though, survival isn't available, so best to just stick with crusade.

Once you can cast watch ward... just use your procs properly and you're gold.

Remember to use the 4% reflect proc first then switch to symbiotic bypass. graft+4%+3% on coon = 20% reflects which helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Staying alive as long as possible becomes a moot point if you can dispatch your opponent before you've even started your defensive rotations.

Pretty standard setup is:

10 blessing
    10 reaver
    10 coon
    10 HM
    10 CoHI
    10 Crusade
    10 CONC.

You can swap out CONC for beta genome if you're soli and have a MP /trader around to buff. Otherwise the DB buffs are ridiculous.

For atrox though, survival isn't available, so best to just stick with crusade.

Once you can cast watch ward... just use your procs properly and you're gold.

Remember to use the 4% reflect proc first then switch to symbiotic bypass. graft+4%+3% on coon = 20% reflects which helps a lot.

thats a good point. if I wanted to dispatch my foes before they could really hurt me, what kind of a set up would i be looking at? Reaver I assume. but what else? and would that kind of a mind set still be best used with an AAD equipment set up? or an AAO.

teach meee. i'm stupid
    Dbkeeper - Dbtwohe - Dbtech

www.legendsrk.webs.com

Well if you are into PvM soloing, you aren't really gonna be able to alpha your opponents. If it's hard enough to put you in a defensive setup, pretty much it's either you can outheal the amount of damage you're taking or not.

If you can outheal it, even if it takes you 12min, you'll kill it. If you can't, you'll die even if it would only take you 10min to kill. (random example, takes about 10min to kill Scary Spider)

If the hp is lower, like 250 dragons, it doesn't really matter what kind of setup you're in, you'll kill it while you're still living fine due to having bio regrowth up to get you to your second round of perks with 2min recharges.

That said, you can solo anything in inferno besides LotV, Razor/Xark, and Anansi hands fine in a normal setup with reaver.

Something to think about in line with this offense vs. defence choice though, is that +dmg will now give you a little bit more healing from wrath (unless you're clan) and reaper. I don't think it's going to help getting damage instead of evades when trying to solo hard stuff, but it will heal you a little more ^^

Quote Originally Posted by 1upnate View Post
    if I wanted to dispatch my foes before they could really hurt me, what kind of a set up would i be looking at? Reaver I assume. but what else?
    There is also Street Samurai