Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meta-Physicist NPE Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Why the removal of hp debuff from Odin's Eye? It was actually USEFULL for low level mp builds.
    Low level MPs are fine, really.

NSD- Great, I am no longer useful at all to ANY bosses.
    Now, think of this as a segway into getting more bosses that it actually works on. How many can you name where it DOES work?

Pretty useless in PvP as well. The only use I can think of in PvM is to give me 15 seconds to try to kill a trader or NT before they kill me as soon as it is over.
    Yah, that's kind of the idea of the nano, not complete and utter domination over nano profs like it is right now 200 and lower.

Useless against every other profession. They better have 1 sec or less recharges on them to even make them worth casting.
    Screwing up doctors never occurred to you?

On a side note, good thing I didn't finish my tl3 mp. NSD changes will ruin pvp for it.
    I don't think you get why tl3 MPs are powerful...
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Now, think of this as a segway into getting more bosses that it actually works on. How many can you name where it DOES work?
    NSD currently works on almost all RK and SL bosses that use nano effects. That includes all pocket bosses. The Beast and Hags are of the very few that resist it. It also works on healing mobs in pande.

I cannot think of any way in which the buff would be useful with a 15sec timer.

Yah, that's kind of the idea of the nano, not complete and utter domination over nano profs like it is right now 200 and lower.
    Complete and utter domination is the only way it works. The alternative would be instead of giving us a -nanoskills, give use a huge +NR buff. With nanos, debuffs either work or they don't.

Screwing up doctors never occurred to you?
    15 seconds does not even come close to screwing up doctors. Would only be useful in mass pvp. Same length of time ENSD lasted. Know how many decent doctors I've killed while they were hit by that? 0. They have more than enough heal perks to keep themselves alive vs. an MP for 15sec.

I don't think you get why tl3 MPs are powerful...
    MP was one of the few professions that could reliably take down traders, NTs, docs, and GA fixers. All because of 1 nano. Yes, tl3 mp has other strengths. But this is a huge cut in the strength of the low level MP pvp.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Another important question.

Where is damage to pet calculated in the damage mechanics? Is it before reflect? Before AC's? Before pvp damage cap? Before absorbs? Before evades?

If I get hit with AS for 3k damage, will the pet be hit for 3k damage or 15k damage?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

MP was one of the few professions that could reliably take down traders, NTs, docs, and GA fixers. All because of 1 nano. Yes, tl3 mp has other strengths. But this is a huge cut in the strength of the low level MP pvp.
    Traders are not an excuse for a completely busted nano in this range, really. And believe me tl3 MPs will still be able to kill traders, NTs, docs and most certainly GA fixers (as if those were ever real threats).
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

Traders are not an excuse for a completely busted nano in this range, really. And believe me tl3 MPs will still be able to kill traders, NTs, docs and most certainly GA fixers (as if those were ever real threats).
    Trader/NT calms pets, doc uses breakable init debuff on them. Fixers suck, but they are fun to throw in for kicks and giggles. MP's can't break calms until lvl100.
    Facebook

Segway? I think the word you're looking for is segue. Same pronunciation, quite different meanings.

Wasn't the reason given for us not getting certain changes (like the ones we actually want) because it wouldn't make sense to update 1 part of a profession's toolset if everything else wasn't in place first? But now we're being told "enjoy your nerfed NSD, maybe someday there will be a use for it"? Fantastic.

I'm just mad. I feel so sorry for the active MP's
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Im actually happy we get to keep dominates for a bit longer and that in combination with higher NR 100-200 based on lvl could make up for quite the defence on its own. If u calculate it instead of just easily NSDing/eNSDing we use our dominates + mind nuke (-275). Well use that more often now instead of the NSD line, which is basically a +475 to our defence.

That leaves us with more time to cast actual debuffs and with Sbonds we can worry a little bit less about keeping ourselfs alive. For those profs that heal we can use the same dominates and nuke ofcourse but that doesnt always work obviously, but we still have that -50% heal nano that was rendered useless because we had NSD to rely on.

Instead we will now just have that running on the healers relatively permanently and at that last moment where the heal becomes important we can still use the NSD out of nowhere.

The only thing i still want to hear is wether our healpet is gonna get some more defences against getting instaganked by most profs????

Other than that with some minor creative thinking i think this news is very good news, altho it might complicate things for people that dont wanna think and always just stayed in recharge with SS..... For duels tho i do understand that the blockers were usefull but hey cant have it all :P
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Good changes!!
    Everqu - MP - 220/30/80
    Def - Equip
    Crit - Equip

Wasaaa - ENF - 220/30/80
    Laxe - NT - 220/30/80
    wizkep - Keep - 220/80/30

WASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Since 2005

I agree with Metafly. I like the fact that we don't just have one button to nerf one's toolset completely. In all honestly; NSD was wayy too powerfull before, but thanks to difficulty of landing the nano, it kind of balanced out. Now we have a lower defcheck and 15s duration which is great (pvp wise) and it'll let us focus on other nanos instead (such as dmg debuff, heal eff debuff/nano dmg debuff, nano debuff, init debuff) While focusing on these stuff instead, you will deal more damage, have a more stable nanodebuffing on the target AND you will feel more variety in your playstyle.

Would be great if the devs could release all the details regarding the different changes to nanos and such, so we know all about it. (I'm thinking cast time, recharge, duration, stats.. EVERYTHING)

Good riddance.

And no mention of lowering the casting requirement on Lesser Beneficial Scourge/Hostility Scourge? :/ It could do with 300 less MM and PM to cast, as they are now they are barely used since they are so close to the -50% versions.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Another thing that needs to be mentioned that I forgot.

Can we not put the aggressiveness buff WITH the damage buff? You know, just like the other 2 pet professions? Sometimes I want my pet to tank. Sometimes I want to tank. It is very situational. They need to be 2 separate buffs.
    Facebook

Trader/NT calms pets
    MP is one of the hardest professions to disable at tl2/3/4/5. Going to have to do more than mezz the pet (which can be easily countered).

doc uses breakable init debuff on them
    In a duel this might be crippling, but at wars no. They'd have to use unbreakable at wars.

MP's can't break calms until lvl100.
    Yet tl3 and below MPs have been some of the most dangerous twinks besides this fact. Even without NSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Segway? I think the word you're looking for is segue. Same pronunciation, quite different meanings.
    Thanks for the correction.

But now we're being told "enjoy your nerfed NSD, maybe someday there will be a use for it"? Fantastic.
    My impressions aren't facts from FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    I don't see these as positive changes at all really. You're losing alot more than you're gaining overall.
    Besides the NSD case (which I myself disagree), I see it as a change, not exactly positive or negative, it gonna change the way MPs actually plays and open a bunch of new options playwise and equipwise. And this is the positive about the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Who the hell would want to be without the attack pet for that cooldown period anyway? The pets can hardly soak alphas as it is. MP, the new petless pet profession!
    While there are no info about the pet's HP rework within NPE, I gonna kick their asses if they don't do so. I gonna ask about it (actually already did, waiting for response).

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    We need to know the attack/recharge speed of damage of those "new" 1hb weapons, mbs and if r/l hand only etc etc
    And for the love of all that is unholy, fix so we can use all 10 perks in 1hb line of (SL) perks.
    Since, they are shields, we can assume its the old 1/8 attack recharge the 1-1 damage and they are left hand only. But I'll ask about these details.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Horrible idea... perks in 1hb will only hurt in pvp as making 1hb creations will LOWER your ar from having them primarily based on nano skills.
    1hb perks isnt a horrible idea. Its open diferent setup options in pvm setups. Just because it is useless in pvp doesn't mean it horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Two zset shields could be insane defense but absolutely no offense especially with not being able to use staff buffs for pets. Making sure I have this number correct... 910aad + 25% reflect if you have the SS nano running. Also will SSbond stack with sol/engi/keep auras AND will it stack with NM breed perk?
    I'm pretty sure you cant dual Zset (nor Esa). But you can equip it with any other weapon you want.
    Also, just to clarify, the 25% Damage to Pet is from Sacrificial Bond. SS will be our AMS like defense (only for 20s thought).
    About stacking: Since its DtP, it obviously stack with reflects and DtN

Another important question.

Where is damage to pet calculated in the damage mechanics? Is it before reflect? Before AC's? Before pvp damage cap? Before absorbs? Before evades?

If I get hit with AS for 3k damage, will the pet be hit for 3k damage or 15k damage?
    Currently unknown. I'll ask about it. But I assume it will be counted last, after Reflects, AC, PvP cap, absorbs and evades; since it will transfer the damage you toke to pets.

Another thing that needs to be mentioned that I forgot.

Can we not put the aggressiveness buff WITH the damage buff? You know, just like the other 2 pet professions? Sometimes I want my pet to tank. Sometimes I want to tank. It is very situational. They need to be 2 separate buffs.
    It's actually with the init buff, but I got what you mean. I personaly never wanted myself to tank over my pet but I didnt have much an option.

Quote Originally Posted by jooo View Post
    How is the stacking with RRFE and other reflects with DtP? With RRFE do we run at 55% damage taken off?
    While the apply order of DtP is uknown I cant answer it. Either way it isnt a simple case of addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    And no mention of lowering the casting requirement on Lesser Beneficial Scourge/Hostility Scourge? :/ It could do with 300 less MM and PM to cast, as they are now they are barely used since they are so close to the -50% versions.
    Not mentioned. But I can bring the idea and, who knows
    Last edited by lainbr; Jun 27th, 2013 at 16:56:19.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    1hb perks isnt a horrible idea. Its open diferent setup options in pvm setups. Just because it is useless in pvp doesn't mean it horrible.
    Maybe I should clarify this more. 1hb perks = creation weapons based on 1hb weapon skill NOT nano skill for AR. Yes that would be a HORRIBLE idea. If you want access to 1hb perks fine but I could never agree to creation weapons being based on anything except nano skills primarily. That nano skill based AR also = perk AR when equiped with creation weapons. So if you want weapon based AR with a lower AR then equip a rk/sl/ai weapon but I would never agree to changing creation weapons AR base. That's one of the saving grace benefits of those items with lower dmg and no specials.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

My impressions aren't facts from FC.
    No, but you obviously have more information than the average player, apparently all professionals got to review these MP changes before the MP community.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    It's actually with the init buff, but I got what you mean. I personaly never wanted myself to tank over my pet but I didnt have much an option.
    There are quite a few instances where I'd prefer to tank. I have more NR and AAD/evades than my pet, so some mobs that would hit him 100% and tear through his 55k hp wouldn't ever be able to kill me, simply because they'd always miss. If pets aren't being updated with the rest of these changes, then DtP is useless for a lot of situations. And I'm a pistol user, it would be even worse for Zset users with all that AAD.

The NSD nerf is absolutely crap. It's one of the only weapons we have that is feared by others and that no one else has. Oh yeah, anddid you ever think about people who use it in PvM? I use it on nuker and healer mobs all the time and it really is an ace in the hole. If you're going to need it down to a needlessly low duration, at the very least keep that stupid timer out of the equation. That's an even more senseless thing especially considering the amount of power other professions have compares to us. Unacceptable. Please do try and convince them of at least this kind of compromise on my behalf instead of letting them take away my favorite toy telling me I can only play with it once each minute.

hmmmm... the end of tigress mp?
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I think it's a definite step in the right direction as compared to the original MP docs. "Emphasis on casting", hellz yeah. I'm a little wary of just how the damage to pets transfer is going to work since pets are already quite fragile. Why do we get a 2 minute lockout on recasting pets when crats don't have any lockout on carlo btw?

As others have already said, I still do not like fractional up times on our NSD nano. I believe this is one of the nanos that defines the profession and FC won't acknowledge this in their design of MP's. Keep the cast times/recharge times slow to prevent spammability and let NR be the deciding factor as to whether we can get 100% uptime or not. This makes working on your character beneficial and becomes something we can affect and work towards (which applies to both the caster and the target). Keep in mind there are NSD removers out there as well.

Other than that though, everything else looks promising. I've gotta get psyched up to to a full ipr and 300 symbs again though...

Perhaps whats done is done, however I do feel more than just a nerf for NSD with 15s duration considering trader drains/procs have no lockout.

1. IF our nsd proc had a higher chance for hitting maybe it would feel more balanced.

2. Also if the nsd/ensd were not on same lockout that at least would give 30s up time.

3. I was not aware of a 2min timer on pet recasting that in a group scenerio- pvp 2-3 on mp or 2-3 adds for pvm could leave mp no defense or offense in a lot of situations. That is kinda harsh.

4. Is there any certainty on if the ss/bond will only affect the attack pet or all 3 pets? See #3 as to why that is important.

5. Is it too late to ask for Soothing spirts perks to heal pets with these changes also?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast