Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist Discussion

Wishlist Discussion

This is a basic discussion thread that will look over the wishlist for MPs in both the rebalancing and beyond. If you have an older thread, link it here, there's no need to necro older posts. If it's still relevant and wanted we will put it in the revised wishlist that will be going up in a week or two. Keep it simple unless it's a pretty new idea, please.

EDIT: The wishlist is now UP, and can be found HERE.

A couple of quick suggestions:

This is the list I'll be looking at when I look at updating the wishlist. If you have something you would like to see in the wishlist, PUT IT IN THIS THREAD AND LINK TO IT! I don't have the time to be chasing down threads folks refer to and forgot about ages ago lost in the abyss of the archives, if you have a suggestion, make it here, if there's a thread talking about it, put a link to it here as well.

Every month or so (more often when the rebalancing server is up, to provide better feedback) Corily and I will go over this thread and any new additions will be put up, but if you want something on the wishlist, you'll need to actually put it on this thread (this being both reference for me as well as a wishlist discussion)

i know this has been suggested before.. make SS a timed lock out.. not a long ass recharge.

i'd also like to see the masters stats effect the pet, Run Speed already does.
    i'd like to extend that to things like NR, Evades, possibly MC/TS coudl give damage boost.. currently pets have horrible nano resistance, i think hostile nanos should be checking against the master not the pet, this is especially true for mp's since they're suppose to be a representation of our emotions.. only semi-physical constructs.

but i think it should probably also apply to crat and eng as their pets suck at resisting just as badly, although i think eng's get anti root buff iirc.. anyway pet NR sucks period.

also i believe i suggested this before.. BUT i couldn't find my thread on it.

allow us to cast more then 1 type of pet.. convert pets to "point" based.

say you have 110 points for pets.

attack pet = 50 points
    heal pet = 40 points
    mezz pet = 20

so you could have any combination of pets up to 110 points.

say regular layout 50, 40, 20 = 110
    or 2 healpets + mezz, 40, 40, 20 = 100
    or 2 attack pet, 50, 50 = 100
    or 5 mezz pets, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20 = 100

you get the idea.

the purpose here is there are times when more damage is needed
    and the mezz pet or healpet could be sacrificed, say the team already has a good doc.. no need for the heal pet more damage would be good.

or say you're in a team and you're the only source of healing 2 heal pets would be good, you could drop the attack pet for a 2nd heal pet.

or say you're in a team dealing with a lot of mobs at once and they have no crowd control.. our mezz pet is hardly up to trader/crat standards but 5 mezzpets might be just what the doctor ordered at the cost of healing and damage.

anyway you get the picture it would allow us more control and flexibility.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

wts Shades perk draining our pets to perk us. Really pets are such sad puppies a shade can tank and kill Rihwen. The LE nanos stats are good for a TL5 pet but endgame the buffs are lame. Either fix the pets or fix the nanos. Neither should be difficult.

So far, so good. I'd like to see more ideas, and as I mentioned previously if any of you have put up previous wishlist threads that I'd like you to link to them as well.

Also, since I'm looking for input from more MPs I'd like those on the forum to poke at their mates in game to get on the forums and give some input here and on the Bug Thread. With the Rebalancing upon us I want to be sure that FC is aware of what MPs are wanting.

A good friend and I tested this out

Take ALL 3 MP pets fully buffed with w/e you want, i used my standard set then on the second try every single buff i could no matter how silly...

Have all 3 attack an Unbuffed carlo... Carlo will wipe out all 3, and that is just ONE crat pet, i dont have a 220 engi friend yet but he is close and we will try it as well, im curious if the Engi dog cant kill off all 3.

Make Rihwen comprible to Carlo, and the mezz pet comprible to either the engi Dog or the crat's end game pet but in stuns/calms, give MP the ability to trim our pets in some way. Right now a single 220 Soldier can nearly alpha our end game attack pet.

Give us a REAL apf nano , i mean fixers get nearly a 1K hot and we get... 30 dmg and change dmg to poison... crats get a nano that in affect stacks all 3 lines of Demotivational's. Maybe the APF nano can be a pvp pet.....

Make it harder to insta root all our pets, atm its crazy easy for any prof to do even with far lower lvl nano's

I want a pony.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

oh feardoc has got a good point.. apf nanos for mp is kinda a joke.. for one thing it's not fair to give mp's creation nanos as rewards in situations like that where every profession gets a new nano.. because most mp's are not creation wielding.

where as other professions get nanos that are useful in almost all setups for their profession our's is targeted at a slim minority.

the creation weapons should be extra off somewhere else.. not our reward when they do those "everyone gets a new nano" quests.

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    the creation weapons should be extra off somewhere else.. not our reward when they do those "everyone gets a new nano" quests.
    Just like all other quest where people get nanos?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Give us MP's a Bow nano buff and also a evade/aad buff?

I mean we have a own bow designed for us mp's but no damn buff.. which makes it hard for those who cannot afford cc, css to wear it until like 215.

I would also like mp pets with more hp and higher dmg mabey give us a better dmg+ nano or just make the actual per stronger?

I can't wait till mp's gets their last 4 "RANGER" perks!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    I can't wait till mp's gets their last 4 "RANGER" perks!
    lol right.. we've been asking for that for yeeeeaaaaaars..

SS nano recharge to lockout. No point asking for new stuff to cast untill this is sorted.
    New Evade buff
    Non buffing totem pole pets for traders/shades.
    Attack pet that actually hits people. Seriously, past a joke now.
    Heal pet that heals

Also, as ADV's dont laugh at us enough, sort out the heal pet being calmedby them

As it stand at the moment, without blockers being up you are even alpha food for a crat/engi more or less

Looks like agents are asking for acrobat/cib/coon so can I have that tripple as tigress Klod promised me, thx.
    Still here

i would'nt mind seeing the blunt mastery opened up either.

also how about a revamp of the nano debuffs.

nanite nsd should not be removable not even by perk.

the old dominate/unmake lines should have a composite nano added.

it also would be nice to have an update to those.. perhaps a -250 and -500 mini nsd with lower NR checks.. say 90-110% and could be used at the lower TL's.
    say 3 and 4, the mini nsd's also should not be removable by perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Just like all other quest where people get nanos?
    exactly those quests should be giving nanost hat are universally useable reguardless of setup on mp.. most other profession nanos in those types of quests are geared toward core profession strengths.

where as creation weapons are geared toward the professions minority.. how many people use creation weapons? not many, except maybe the shields.. especially SoZ.

but the point is they could make those quests give out nice pets or pet buffs, or debuffs or nukes, something that almost every mp would use rather then a couple of creation weapons that almost no one uses.

if everyone else is getting stuff tahts useful.. and we're getting creation weapons that almost no one uses then it diminshes our overall standing amoung professions as others get better while the tiny minority are the only ones that benefit.

im not saying not to add new creation weapon nanos but it should be "extra" quest only for mps.. not a reward when they add quests like ado, pen, apf nanos etc where everyone is getting new nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardoc View Post

Have all 3 attack an Unbuffed carlo... Carlo will wipe out all 3, and that is just ONE crat pet, i dont have a 220 engi friend yet but he is close and we will try it as well, im curious if the Engi dog cant kill off all 3.

Make Rihwen comprible to Carlo, and the mezz pet comprible to either the engi Dog or the crat's end game pet but in stuns/calms, give MP the ability to trim our pets in some way. Right now a single 220 Soldier can nearly alpha our end game attack pet.
    this actually true?? must admit last time I checked carlo v just Rihwen it ended with Rihwen just about winning, albeit I had both pet perks.
    Still here

just did it 2 days ago, rihwne had both LE nanos running and one perk line not both, and even with heal pet he was smoked and that is just one crat pet not both...

the lvl 83 just happend today, lvl 83 mob landing a nano on a 220 pet with 600NR buff running....... yeah fixPlzKthnx.

- A lvl220'ish healpet with like 50k hp and proper defence/nr that heals for like 1k + 10% of targets maxhp. So on a tank with 60k hp it would heal 7k and on the MP itself with 15k hp it only heals 2.5k...

- Reduced casting time of pets, or the ability to store a precast pet in our inventory, like crat/engie bot shells.

- Reduced casting time of Pet Warp, and having it warp immobile pets or pets that are in combat.

- Reduced recharge time of pet buffs.

- Reduced recharge time of Sacrificial Shielding, or else a lockout instead of such a long recharge.

- Longer duration on pet buffs, 2 hours.

- Garden warp nanos (Channel Notum Vein) to all gardens/sanctuary with a cast time of like 30s instead of 120s.

- Short root/snare immunity on our root/snare remove nano, at least as long as the recharge time of the nano itself, so it would be possible to keep your pet unrooted/unsnared by chaincasting it.

- The bugs fixed I posted in the Buglist Discussion Thread
    Last edited by Mazzarin; Dec 16th, 2009 at 19:20:18.

What i wish and this is personal and probably has not much to do with the real wishlist. But i wish to have a clear view of what they intend to do with Metaphysicists. Its been years of switching from one weapon to another, then back, reverse, upside down. And now there are going to be Breed Changes. One obviously better for our proffesion than another in terms of wielding Bow or Shield or 1HB.

It would be cool to see what lies in the future procces.

Like, will the Metaphycisist remain reliable on its weapons or is there going to be a switch into pure nanoskills. Are there harder to cast nanos in the future. What role will we play in team combat and in which way are we most gonna benefit from out setup for that purpose.

Nowadays its a shot in the dark with a scent of shieldness coming through the door. Id really like to know what to do. Lay down my arms because ill never go for a 100% nanoskill setup at the cost of loosing my bow. Or if i can remain an odd outcast trox that has no idea what hes doing but has fun doing it.

What however can come on the wishlist is an alteration of how we function in teams. Which can be done by a number of suggestions posted in other threads but to sum em up shortly:

• Make NSD function again in the procces of killing a boss/mob (Preventive messure so that teaming a Metaphysicist makes it easier to kill ur boss) "This doesnt mean that the boss should be unkillable without a Metaphysicist but just easier with"

• Give the Healpet a percentage heal next to a normal heal as stated in this thread. This so that Docs arent the only factor in creating a succesfull raid. Surely not such a big heal that it makes doctors entirely obsolete. But just so that without one u arent totaly lost because with one or two Metaphysicists u could with some side-effects accomplish the same thing.

• This one is rather wide since the variety of suggestions has been relatively wide aswell, but give the mezz pet a meaning in pvp. In pvm it performs fine but in pvp it really isnt much more than just another tabable mob.

• Evades in bow setup (my setup so cant be called very objective) need a boost. 660 defence is alot to cover by only Aimed shot and Fling shot because im taking the normal damage is supposed to be covered by the +AAO buff u are able to cast in shield mode but not Bow equip. These two opposites definitely dont balance out in actually more than one way. Shield also has the benefit of Mezz buff aswell as Healpet buff. Bow misses out on it all and it can most definitely not be covered by Aimed Shot

• With higher nanoskills come better fallback nanos. With which i mean that once u debuff someone they got a trick up their sleeve to fall back on. With increasing numbers like that, the Dominate nanos as posted above already do need a revamp. So please

Thanks Dance and Corily, ur efforts so far are looking good (Action on forums). Keep it up
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    What i wish and this is personal and probably has not much to do with the real wishlist. But i wish to have a clear view of what they intend to do with Metaphysicists. Its been years of switching from one weapon to another, then back, reverse, upside down. And now there are going to be Breed Changes. One obviously better for our proffesion than another in terms of wielding Bow or Shield or 1HB.

It would be cool to see what lies in the future procces.

Like, will the Metaphycisist remain reliable on its weapons or is there going to be a switch into pure nanoskills. Are there harder to cast nanos in the future. What role will we play in team combat and in which way are we most gonna benefit from out setup for that purpose.

Nowadays its a shot in the dark with a scent of shieldness coming through the door. Id really like to know what to do. Lay down my arms because ill never go for a 100% nanoskill setup at the cost of loosing my bow. Or if i can remain an odd outcast trox that has no idea what hes doing but has fun doing it.
    That is something I asked the devs about as well. I hope give you a clear response to that once I'm allowed to do so.

So far, thanks everyone for all the constructive replies. All of this has been a great help in guiding us where to put the pressure. I think we've got all the base problems and wishes assembled by now, but feel free to share more toughts/wishes/complaints as it can only help us with the balancing.

Building the wishlist thread and will link to this discussion thread while I'm at it. In the interim while I'm getting all that done I'll take a moment to explain what I'd like to see the MP become.

I think of the Meta-Physicist as sort of a jack-of-all trades: Does some damage, does some healing, does some debuffing, does some buffing, can mezz a bit, nuke a bit, etc. Sort of like the caster's version of an Adventurer, only delegating some of the lifting to the pets instead of doing it all yourself.

While it's official that Adventurers are the second-best healers in game, I wouldn't mind us coming up a solid and unshakable 3rd. Better healpets, better heal perks, both would contribute to letting us pull our weight in the healing department.

Damage wise we probably could use some serious improvement. Weapon wise we only get so much from anything we put in our hands because of our AR template, so we need to look to the pets to really pick up the slack here, which they don't do all that well. I'd said before and I'll say again that I'd like to see the Combat pet do at least 2.3k damage per hit for endgame pet if not more. That's at least 1k more damage per strike than you see from the pet now, and 700 more damage than current numbers will be with Channel Rage lasting 2 hours. It might SOUND like a lot but basically putting better weapons in our hands right now results in heavy diminishing returns because of our AR template. We had to get the best ranged weapon in the game just so we could do damage in PVM worth a hoot.

But I take the Adventurer profession and use that as a baseline for where I think we should be as a profession, since we have similar capabilities. As it sits now, we're behind them by a fair bit and should be brought up to speed.

I think MP's need a new nano line for a better mezz pet. or make it like the engi's dog pet , make it not mezz but actually gain aggro and survive maybe with a good healdelta , buffable but limited in NCU it has . just an idear

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast