Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 18.0.4 Update Notes

Funcom employee 18.0.4 Update Notes

**18.0.4 Update Notes:**

*Elder Hall Instance*

- Bosses inside "Elder Hall" should now be Boss-Calmable again.

- The spawn of the Deranged Xan should no longer trigger an NCU wipe. (NCU wipes of any kind should also no

longer remove "reward buffs" of any kind.)

- Added buff reward for those who complete the Elder Hall instance. (Not related to the mission. Will happen at

every completion of this instance.)

- Standing the the "altar" rooms will now be significantly more painfull.

*Other Updates*

- Should Fabio be out of position in Sector 42 he can now be returned to his post by speaking with him.

- You will no longer have to complete a quest line to access "Inside the Machine". Those who have already

completed this quest and have received their "Dust Brigade Security Codes" will now find that this item will now

transport them to the DB instance from anywhere on RK and transport them BACK to a city of their side once

outside the instance.

- Using Enforcer Rage Nanos should no longer clear Neretva Canyon access nanos.

- Fixed several exploits.
    Last edited by Means; Apr 22nd, 2009 at 16:07:51.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Amagad first in a thread I shouldn't post in!

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

durable bandages proc gonna get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Standing the the what?
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Standing the the what?
    I think he means the side rooms, so you're forced to fight in the middle area and can't pull & kill one boss at a time.
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Oppopji View Post
    I think he means the side rooms, so you're forced to fight in the middle area and can't pull & kill one boss at a time.
    Riiight, so we have to take more people and select them more carefully in terms of needed professions and all that with the same time-lock and retarded loot table?

God forbids this is right.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

It would be good to make the instance harder, but loot really should be improved too and/or lockout worked on.
    Last edited by Neista; Apr 22nd, 2009 at 16:44:12.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    It would be good to make the instance harder, but loot really should be improved too and/or lockout worked on.
    Bump.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

WHEN!!! (tm)
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Famine:
    Funcom employee Downtime for Update - April 23rd
    The Anarchy Online server will come down for an update on Thursday, 23rd of April at 12:00 GMT / 8am EDT. The downtime is scheduled to last about 4 hours.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpost.php?p=5496127

I'm sorry to do this Means, but the hammer must come down on some of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    **18.0.4 Update Notes:**

*Elder Hall Instance*

- Bosses inside "Elder Hall" should now be Boss-Calmable again.

- The spawn of the Deranged Xan should no longer trigger an NCU wipe. (NCU wipes of any kind should also no longer remove "reward buffs" of any kind.)

- Added buff reward for those who complete the Elder Hall instance. (Not related to the mission. Will happen at every completion of this instance.)

This is an endgame encounter, which should CERTAINLY not allow ANY of the 3 mobs to be calmable. I have a 220 Crat which I enjoy, and I know that being able to calm ANY of this mobs, is without a doubt OP. Not just in the 12-Man instance, but elsewhere, the nano which you dislike so much, makes a crat OP'ed to the point which in most situations removes any sort of challenge, and I don't think you want any profession to be the "ah, the easy prof where I won't need anything but stuns and calms to own anything, no need to share loot, depend on other profs in a team, I am a god".

The NCU wipes at the start, certainly shouldn't happen, so on that, I agree 100%. The green towers doing NCU wipes are a good aspect of the instance (actually the ONLY thing that could, maybe, perhaps get a team killed if some don't know what they're doing, or not paying attention).

Adding a buff reward sounds good, as long as it only lasts 4hrs so it's not used in the instance again thus coming with an additional advantage.

Making the side rooms harder to stay is a good start, but one of the current tactics is to actually fight the Xan in the center while pulling both hands to the east/west rooms and have the puller leave team or get killed, then re-join the team. Once the hands have lost line of sight/aggro they don't move and thus are "stuck" on the east/west side while the team can easily take on the Xan in the middle.

My point here Means is that a 3-Man team, can handle without a problem an instance which was hyped to be a 12-Man instance, a challenge, something to remember... and it was a disappointment because half a team can go /afk and still win.

Maybe you have changed things so if a hand is pulled to the sides they reset back to the center and then regain all it's hp back, then you force players to fight all of them in the center, as it should be, and then MAYBE it would become somewhat of a challenge.

With a keeper, the Left Hand is fairly easy, while the Right Hand does not morph often enough to even be considered a problem.

My thinking, and bear with my old school gaming mentality. Is that facing both hands, players should SWEAT, knowing they have a good chance, but if mistakes are made or do not have keeper/crat then chances are the hands won't die fast enough before the Xan comes down and then it becomes a real down and dirty fight where you got to know what you're doing or fail.

Gamers like challenges, don't make it a suicide run (ehem, DB2 ftl), but make us sweat at least a little to give us the satisfaction of beating down the mobs for some phatz.

My 2 creds.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Every team I've been on, pulls left to a side, and works on killing it, at a triggered point right comes and joins fight, then Xan. This suggests to me that being able to fight 1 at a time for a while was an intended mechanic, rather than intending for the team to be fighting all 3 from the start.
    How about having the left and right go to the xan if xan is being hurt, and CH the xan. That would force players to kill left and right first, which appears to be the intended mechanic, and is how I've seen it done every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Adding a buff reward sounds good, as long as it only lasts 4hrs so it's not used in the instance again thus coming with an additional advantage.
    Raid locks expire in real time, while NCU buff timers run only while you're logged in.
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by boggengie View Post
    Every team I've been on, pulls left to a side, and works on killing it, at a triggered point right comes and joins fight, then Xan. This suggests to me that being able to fight 1 at a time for a while was an intended mechanic, rather than intending for the team to be fighting all 3 from the start.
    How about having the left and right go to the xan if xan is being hurt, and CH the xan. That would force players to kill left and right first, which appears to be the intended mechanic, and is how I've seen it done every time.
    I've been in teams with all 3 of my 220's, and the tactic you describe is done about 1/4 of the time.

I can understand the old saying "Work smarter, not harder", however when an instance can be done with 3 players instead of 12... something is seriously wrong.

I'm going to quote our Game Director's from a Feb 13th FC press release (note the underlined word):
    "We are thrilled by the fact that `Anarchy Online' continues to capture the imagination of gamers even after seven years of operation, and we greatly look forward to be bringing players even more challenges, content and improvements to the game in the time ahead!"
    I have a lot of respect for Means; I've been excited about the 12-Man instance since it was announced, to see 2 teams of gamers work together to kick ass, and be utterly disappointed to not see that happen. I expected a challenging 12-Man instance, I got... a 3/4-Man instance that unless you really have no idea how to play your character... it's as easy as throwing a popcorn bag in the microwave and voila! bowl of popcorn, no cooking skills needed.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

So Means, will the update to the storyline be added as well? If so, will we need to get quest all over again to talk to whatever is going to give us a conclusion to this part of the story?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

I've been in teams with all 3 of my 220's, and the tactic you describe is done about 1/4 of the time.
    well, obviously the type of team you've been in 3/4 times, are not the type that would think to invite an engineer. Any changes that would force an in order killing of the bosses, should be more than acceptable.
    the Xan warping the others to him, and them casting heals on him only, would make sense.

This is an endgame encounter, which should CERTAINLY not allow ANY of the 3 mobs to be calmable. I have a 220 Crat which I enjoy, and I know that being able to calm ANY of this mobs, is without a doubt OP. Not just in the 12-Man instance, but elsewhere, the nano which you dislike so much, makes a crat OP'ed to the point which in most situations removes any sort of challenge, and I don't think you want any profession to be the "ah, the easy prof where I won't need anything but stuns and calms to own anything, no need to share loot, depend on other profs in a team, I am a god".
    Since when did calming something for 45s every 10 minutes make anyone overpowered? Unless you walk in with 12 Shades on crack and thus can destroy two of the bosses within 45s, which I highly doubt, all it functions as, is some short term crowd control should a problem occur.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Well one aspect you also need to look into is how hard it actually is to get teams for it. I meen you get a good team and you complete it, then after 4h (if you get another team) and they fail horrible where's the fun? Not to mention alot of people are already done with 12man and prolly wont do it again.

About the boss calm well if you think the 45 sec duration and with a 10min cooldown well its not OP its what crats are supposed to be, crowd control.. So just cause its a "boss" mob its not able to be a crowd? I do admit playing crat is fun but my crat is too gimp to be OP'd even with the boss calms ;p

In my opinion it should be doable with basicly any types of proffession, now people want a sol+doc+keep just for reflects,heals,fear resist. So what we're starting to get is an instance basicly made for proffessions not players. Mitar was fun cause it was doable without doc so you didn't have to sit at lft for hours of a day. Vortexx was also enjoyable, but tbh 12man has never made me have fun which i find sad its just a hunt down proffessions contest before you can even complete it.

Oh and one more thing could you remove it so you dont get ai deaths from at least 12man? i meen you fight 2 "sided" mobs first they have nothing to do with aliens, and well Deranged Xan doesn't really look like an alien.... Okey you get them from mitar but he's an alien =P
    Last edited by Ringy; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 13:19:48.

How about not applying the raid lock until the Deranged Xan is killed, or at least both secondary bosses?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast