Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixers... the true blackmarket

Fixers... the true blackmarket

Here's a fun and exciting tradeskill, which add some excitement into the game.

Create the ability for fixers to make Blackmarket pills

Give fixers the ability to hack some popular buffing/PvP nano programs.

Hacking the Nano could require 6x QL of Breaking & Entering and would make something like Unstable Released Nanobots (Superior First Aid).

Combining it with a pharmaceutical capsule (sold from the fixer shop) could then result in a stack of 5 or 10 of Pill with Superior First Aid... this step could require Nano Programming and Pharmatech (to bring in other tradeskillers).

The fixer could then hack the new pill, requiring 10x QL of Breaking & Entering and creating Hacked Pill with Superior First Aid, which could be bought, sold, and used by all.

• This could be useful to all professions for blackmarket buffs
    • This doesn't make any profession useless since it would require a Nano Crystal to be converted to pill form...
    • This would further help reduce the money in game by requiring the purchase of pills and any unblitzed nano crystals from shops...
    • This would increase the convenience in-game by not having to bug people for buffs, or frantically finding one more buff before others run out, to equip something...

As for ideas about nanos that could become blackmarket pills?
    maybe ability buffs, reflect shields, absorbs, ACs, HoTs, humidities, wrangles, runspeed/evades, morphs.... pretty much anything that can be cast on another target and isn't hostile...

I do realize that the downside is reduced social interaction, but in this case, I have to wonder if it's a bad thing, considering many people find buff beggars annoying and at certain times it can be hard to get necessary buffs...

In addition, when it comes to low level base defense, the attackers are the only ones whom can truly prepare for battle, since it can take a long time to get all necessary buffs.

Bump for more things for fixers to hack. We've been asking for years!
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

bump! if this makes it ingame I may actually make a fixer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

I like it.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Interesting idea

I could be wrong, there was something like this in the past called blister packs (still around?), but I dont think it did any of the buffs, but just normal stuff like healing and whatnot...so implimenting this would be easy.

Possibly making it close, but not quite as good as the buff? For example, wrangle is 121, but maybe make the pills give around 115 or so? So if you need a wrangle, but don't need exactly 121, this is the better route. But if you abso-positiv-lutely need 121, you gotta still bug a trader? (wtb: Extreme prejudice pills pst )

Make them unusable in BS, have none of the SL nanos in em, I could see these things being a huge convenience.

Just my ideas and 2 cents.

^^ BUMP!
    "Violence is never the answer, but it might be the solution." --me
    "I would fight and die for my country, but not for my government." --me

Former General Of The league of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2
    NINJA POWER!!

Present member of NATO Corps, The Darkside

Oh yeah make it upload programs to your NCU too, so you couldnt pop a behe pill in at level 1 unless you had the NCU for it.

Small detail that might be overlooked.
    "Violence is never the answer, but it might be the solution." --me
    "I would fight and die for my country, but not for my government." --me

Former General Of The league of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2
    NINJA POWER!!

Present member of NATO Corps, The Darkside

I think this thing you are wanting to get is Mimic in pill form?

It sounds nice enough to have blisterpacks/pills tradeskillable, but don't do it so you can pill like every nano with a VisualProfession req on it.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I think this thing you are wanting to get is Mimic in pill form?
    No you misunderstood the OP completely.

No I think he has it spot on. The OP wants to hack crystals and put them into a pill, that can then be hacked and remove prof lock. Thus making them usable by anyone. Making everyone Agents.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    No you misunderstood the OP completely.
    Care to explain me what being able to use other profession's buffs that are bigger than the current grafts means, then? Or even have a behe-pill? Sounds a lot like Mimic in a pill. Except you don't have a permanent -750 nanoinit and -140 nanoskills and -15% cost debuff, however you cannot use things like a CH.. Or other "active", non-buff nano's.

It's not that I don't like it. It's a good idea, except for the fact that I think it will take away even more of the agent's uniqueness as a profession.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Care to explain me what being able to use other profession's buffs that are bigger than the current grafts means, then? Or even have a behe-pill? Sounds a lot like Mimic in a pill. Except you don't have a permanent -750 nanoinit and -140 nanoskills and -15% cost debuff, however you cannot use things like a CH.. Or other "active", non-buff nano's.
    You answered it yourself.

So you think trading heals for no nerf is fair? What happens if I wanna just buff and twink, can I mimic without the nerf? No.

That's what you want, you want BeHe and SFA, GSF, wrangles and even HoTs (which Agents only get short versions of) with no nerf to yourself, no waiting 20min between each prof., no -140 to your nano skills. Just "I'm to lazy and impatient to find the right prof I'll just use this magic pill that gives me whatever buff I need" and claim its fair cause you don't get CH?

Bull****.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Negative factors weren't even discussed yet. It's an interesting suggestion, of course it needs discussion on balance issues instead of Mimic Troll agents saying "you want free mimic" at the very beginning of the topic.

One could use a, i.e. behe pill and get b&e locked for say, 2 hours, and unable to use any other. Does that sound so incredibly overpowered and "OMFG EVERYONE HAS MIMIC" like ?

And *gasp* even agents could use those. I guess you didn't see that as soon as you saw the word "fixer" in thread title which appears to be a magnet for trolls
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Dec 22nd, 2007 at 01:48:50.

locking BnE? and what do you need it for? so you get to use 1 pill every 2hrs

Oooo, locking BnE for 2 hours to get a free buff with no other nerf to you. That sounds really balanced. Everyone is now perma BeHe, two hour buff, two hour lock, perfect. Everyone now has 1K more hp and suddenly having BeHe is nothing special.

I can understand wanting to make fixers more useful, but taking from other people so drastically to do it is just not acceptable imo.

And frankly, I don't care that Agents can use it too, and I ain't trolling cause this is a Fixer idea, I'd oppose this if it was for Traders, or Engis (both profs I play btw)

See, unlike you, I don't follow certain profs. threads and troll them. I don't come into a Fixer thread and troll because its for Fixers, while you admittedly do that. You said so yourself, you came into my Agent thread and trolled away, saying you were justified because Agents troll Fixer threads.

You want to cast other profs. nanos, roll that prof or an Agent. Doesn't matter if you lock some misc unused skill for 2 hours, you're still taking what's unique away from profs just so that you don't have to go asking others for buffs. Trying to justify it because it locks for 2hrs (or whatever the 'downside' turns out to be) won't work. Agents get to cast other prof nanos because: 1 thats what Agents do and 2 we take a big nerf for it. You want to be able to cast other profs nanos, you take the same nerf we do. And then you may as well roll an Agent.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    locking BnE? and what do you need it for? so you get to use 1 pill every 2hrs

Oooo, locking BnE for 2 hours to get a free buff with no other nerf to you. That sounds really balanced. Everyone is now perma BeHe, two hour buff, two hour lock, perfect. Everyone now has 1K more hp and suddenly having BeHe is nothing special.
    Uh no, obviously you don't use your brain enough to think that these pills have charges which get used up, you wouldn't have infinitive amounts.

I can understand wanting to make fixers more useful, but taking from other people so drastically to do it is just not acceptable imo.
    You mean like buffbegging ? Yeah I just love getting ncu gsf hot fgrid plz tells every time I show up in a public place (although this was just an example, naturally there wouldn't be ncu, gsf or fgrid pills).

And frankly, I don't care that Agents can use it too, and I ain't trolling cause this is a Fixer idea, I'd oppose this if it was for Traders, or Engis (both profs I play btw)
    Yeah you just think it's an agent nerf (((((((((( boohoo it's not. People have been using other prof's nanos effectively for years (symbio grafts) and this idea is merely an extension to those, slightly different, more up to date.

See, unlike you, I don't follow certain profs. threads and troll them. I don't come into a Fixer thread and troll because its for Fixers, while you admittedly do that. You said so yourself, you came into my Agent thread and trolled away, saying you were justified because Agents troll Fixer threads.
    I don't do that either, why do you think I troll prof specific threads ? I only turned down your insanely overpowered agent weapon idea.

You want to cast other profs. nanos, roll that prof or an Agent. Doesn't matter if you lock some misc unused skill for 2 hours, you're still taking what's unique away from profs just so that you don't have to go asking others for buffs. Trying to justify it because it locks for 2hrs (or whatever the 'downside' turns out to be) won't work. Agents get to cast other prof nanos because: 1 thats what Agents do and 2 we take a big nerf for it.
    I wouldn't call being able to CH yourself and buff hp by 2.3k a big nerf.
    You want to be able to cast other profs nanos, you take the same nerf we do. And then you may as well roll an Agent.
    Again, you wouldn't be casting other prof's nanos, you'd be using an item with limited charges and long cooldown so you wouldn't be capable of using more at once.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Dec 22nd, 2007 at 02:44:25.

Uh no, obviously you don't use your brain enough to think that these pills have charges which get used up, you wouldn't have infinitive amounts.
    Obviously you don't use your brain enough to think that people would just make more pills. You could make/buy more when you run out.

You mean like buffbegging ? Yeah I just love getting ncu gsf hot fgrid plz tells every time I show up in a public place (although this was just an example, naturally there wouldn't be ncu, gsf or fgrid pills).
    So you think, because you're tired of buffing, that everyone should loose what makes them special so that you can buff yourself with anything you'd ever need? Some people make a business out of buffing, you want to take that all away so that you can have a little pill that you can 'twink-on-the-go' with just so you don't have to spend time and effort on your twink. Ya I hate searching for buffs when there's few people around, or they all ignore you. But that's just life, deal with it, don't take from others so you're sated.

Yeah you just think it's an agent nerf (((((((((( boohoo it's not. People have been using other prof's nanos effectively for years (symbio grafts) and this idea is merely an extension to those, slightly different, more up to date.
    No, I think this is more then an Agent nerf, this is a nerf to everyone who buffs others. And did you ever think that symbio grafts were limited for a reason? Of course not, you want one prof. to be able to hand out any buff you need and have no use for those others decorations other people play. It is one thing to ask for an extension to the symbio graft idea, it's another thing to completely take all buffing nanos from every prof. and put them into pill form on demand.

I don't do that either, why do you think I troll prof specific threads ? I only turned down your insanely overpowered agent weapon idea.
    I'd quote what you said, but we're not allowed to quote locked threads. But basically you came in and said you were gona troll because Agents came to Fixer threads and trolled there. You never had any proof that my idea was overpowered. But it is irrelevant, the thread is locked and done with. And you were long ago proven to have no clue about Agents.

I wouldn't call being able to CH yourself and buff hp by 2.3k a big nerf.
    Never said casting CH was a nerf. I said we are nerfed to be able to cast it. We have to deal with the nerf of Mimic to cast CH. Never said CH was nerfing us. Don't try to twist my words.

Again, you wouldn't be casting other prof's nanos, you'd be using an item with limited charges and long cooldown so you wouldn't be capable of using more at once.
    No, you would be casting other peoples nanos. BeHe is not a Fixer nano, it's not a Doc nano, not an Engi nano. But anyone buying this pill could use it. You are casting other profs. nanos. And as I said before, limited uses means nothing when the item can be made on demand. If you had to find it in a chest in a mission, or as dyna loot, then I can understand. But an item totally tradeskilled from store buyable parts is not limited charges.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Never said casting CH was a nerf. I said we are nerfed to be able to cast it. We have to deal with the nerf of Mimic to cast CH. Never said CH was nerfing us. Don't try to twist my words.
    I didn't say CH is nerfing you, I said being able to CH is hardly a nerf. I'd happily "sacrifice" 160 nano skills and 15% nano cost for 10k heal every 8 seconds. Yeah, that's how much of a nerf it is.

No, you would be casting other peoples nanos. BeHe is not a Fixer nano, it's not a Doc nano, not an Engi nano. But anyone buying this pill could use it. You are casting other profs. nanos. And as I said before, limited uses means nothing when the item can be made on demand. If you had to find it in a chest in a mission, or as dyna loot, then I can understand. But an item totally tradeskilled from store buyable parts is not limited charges.
    To obtain the items, as the OP stated, you'd have to hack nano crystals, which already are chest and dyna loot. I never knew behe was store buyable, learn something new every day

Gg, to troll elsewhere ;/

BTW behe isn't an agent nano either, but you can cast it I guess you don't want other profs to be as easy mode as agents even though this item wouldn't bring it close to that.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Dec 22nd, 2007 at 03:29:58.

BeHe isn't an Agent nano I know, but we cast it by nerfing ourselves with Mimic. That's the price we pay. And it's a much higher price then a two hour lock of BnE.

And in all technicality, BeHe is store buyable, but then you'd have to consider player shops...shops. So it's not just a trip to the supermarket, but it is still a tall desire for how easy they're gotten.

And most nanos are rollable, so that's a lot easier then chest and dyna loot only.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

The answer to the unlimited uses problem is simple. Use a 'pill base' found in mission chests or bosses of the same or higher ql than the nano as a base for the TS, and make the drop rate reasonably rare.

I think its a good idea, IF they aren't too common. I'd suggest restricting them to ability buffs and basic skills like treatment or first aid. No tradeskills, nanoskills, evades, speed, or weaponskills. Also, maintaining the nano skills requirements for them would help maintain the balance too.

Personally I find it annoying as hell looking for buffs, since being an Aussie I'm often on when the northern hemisphere is asleep. This would be a great idea. Thumbs up from me with some modifications!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast