Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug with bio cocoon and layers

Bug with bio cocoon and layers

You were attacked with nanobots from Mamman for 409 points of fire damage.
    You successfully perform Bio Cocoon
    Nanoprogram Failing Impregnability terminated...
    You absorbed 409 points of fire damage.
    Deactivating friendly timed nanoprogram. <- Deactivated cocoon here
    You were attacked with nanobots from Mamman for 409 points of fire damage. <- Dmg taken shows that cocoon is no longer running.
    NCU error: Better nano program already running. <-Tried to cast layers
    Unable to execute nano program. You can't execute this nano on the target.
    You were attacked with nanobots from Mamman for 409 points of fire damage.

In other words when you cancel cocoon you still can't cast any layers until 30 seconds have passed since you activated cocoon, this is kind of a huge problem imo. Wasn't always like this :/
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I have never tried doing this, so I can't say if it ever has worked or not, but if you deactivate BC and it actually is removed from your NCU window, then it is certainly a bug if FI refuses to work before 30 secs have passed since BC activation time.

I can now see the use of doing this when raging in SL in battle, but as I haven't been using rage in battle in SL, only while moving, I haven't noticed this.

I don't rage much in SL either in battle, this time I only used rage to show when the absorb was active and not. However, in pvp and when you solo something that does more than 10k damage over 30 seconds this becomes a problem.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

I had problems with cocoon not working properly because Cocoon can no override Tank absorb.. but this seems to be a different issue
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

i reported this ages ago, twice.

there's a hidden timer on cocoon. so don't even attempt to cancel it, because you still won't be able to cast layers.
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Hum how many ages ago? Cause I'm sure it wasn't always like this
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

I tried doing this a long time ago, it's been around for awhile sadly ;\.

ive never thought about it, will check when i get off from work

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman
    Hum how many ages ago? Cause I'm sure it wasn't always like this
    somewhere around a year or a year and a half ago..
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Bio Cocoon does not last 30 seconds anymore.

Someone please fix this. Allowing our self only absorbs to overwrite cocoon would be nice. I already use the 5k absorb to fill the gap, but sometimes (often) it isnt enough.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I recall this problem existed for a long time, maybe as long as I started playing enf. I recall the most ppl just did as kink does use the 5k absorb to fill that period till you can cast layers again.
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

This thread is from 2005, long before the dreadlochs was ingame, and if akarrah reported it 1.5 years earlier that pretty much puts us back to SL release.
    Dreadloch item also has more than twice the recharge of cocoon normally

It's worth having on the buglist imo unless it's fixed by now, was a while since I checked
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

I can add it to the buglist if that problem still occurs but so I understand the original post .. the bug was that you couldn't cast layers even though you canceled cocoon? Would changing the stacking order of layers and cocoon present any problems that anyone can think of?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Synre View Post
    I recall this problem existed for a long time, maybe as long as I started playing enf. I recall the most ppl just did as kink does use the 5k absorb to fill that period till you can cast layers again.
    Even this doesnt last even close to long enough anymore..

The issue is when you use Bio Cocoon you get a 30 second affected by bio cocoon on you. This is a higher stacking order than layers, so when Bio gets annihilated in 5 seconds, you cannot cast layers for the next 25 seconds.

It also comes into play when you cancel Bio Cocoon, but that is irrelevent because the problem is the "affected by"
    This was originally changed, due to Normal layers being able to cancel bio, by casting them on your opponent. Now that our layers are self only, this is a non-issue.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jan 17th, 2010 at 01:22:29.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

actually when they first introduced coon it had the same default affected by timer of 10s like all the other perks, they soon changed it to 30s tho and i remember them calling it a "fix" so this is quite intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    actually when they first introduced coon it had the same default affected by timer of 10s like all the other perks, they soon changed it to 30s tho and i remember them calling it a "fix" so this is quite intended.
    It was made "intended" so I cannot cast layers on *you* when *you* use bio-cocoon to cancel it out.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

has any one thought of this?
    have 800 absorb active
    cast 10k coon
    you now have 10800 absorb
    player 1 hits you for 5k
    absorb nano has 0 absorb, coon has 5800 absorb left

so no one misunderstands, coon will stack with absorb nanos in my idea, I'm not saying that absorb nanos should stack with absorb nanos
    Last edited by lostlife; Jan 17th, 2010 at 06:49:44.

That would be nice, but layers *set* the value to X, so they cant just add like that from my recollection of the mechanics.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    This thread is from 2005, long before the dreadlochs was ingame, and if akarrah reported it 1.5 years earlier that pretty much puts us back to SL release.

It's worth having on the buglist imo unless it's fixed by now, was a while since I checked

I reported this a couple of weeks after it got "fixed" (before the fix I fiercely enjoyed overwriting other enfs' cocoons with layers, I admit )
    Last edited by Primakoff; Jan 17th, 2010 at 18:33:47.
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post

This used to be annoying for sure .
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast