Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: (Stromm here) All my old-school (02-03) screenshots for anyone that wants to see them

(Stromm here) All my old-school (02-03) screenshots for anyone that wants to see them

Using a friend's forum account right now, FC apparently has no more community reps working for AO anymore, game account works with the free month they offered, but not forum accounts. Not just the players that have gotten the heck outta dodge it looks like.

I had to remind myself again the other day that the darn game, with the way it is now, was once worth playing. So I popped open my old computer and looked at some of my old pre-SL screenshots. Thought some other oldschoolers here might be interested in taking a look, or those who weren't around during those days. It's definitely not the best collection of oldschool screenshots, as many are missing. I don't know what happened to the rest or if I had split them up or anything, but the only ones I have are from pvp or funny lines in the game. Those looking for level 40 stromm in steel ribbed screenshots will be disappointed, but those who recognize the old names, old pvp channels, arena freaks, orgs, blabbermouthed omni leaders, and old pvp habits should enjoy it. For some reason I also had 4 of Cyboot's screenshots on that comp, but I included them in anyway. They're not in order, though.

All in all, I decided that after watching the FC devs pat themselves on the back for ruining their own game in their '7th anniversary AO mini-documentary' it shouldn't hurt too much for the players of this game that's supposedly 'still going strong today' to weigh in on whether they agree with what they all had to say. It's really disappointing what they did to this game, they obviously put completely out of sight and out of mind what older players preferred and knew about the game before LE and just turned the PvP into a WoW clone. I mean yeah, everyone says 'its what sells' but I'd bet that if FC rolled the game development back 1 or 2 years, or maybe even 4 or 5 years, they would make more money off of subscriptions than they do today. I know countless people playing other MMOs or who have stopped playing MMOs period who say that they would go back in an instant if FC hosted a classic server.

Here it is:
    http://files.filefront.com/Screensho.../fileinfo.html

edit: and yeah, sorry about the low-detail graphics in some of the screenshots. I had to do that every once in awhile, I never did much online gaming prior to AO. Noticed that also, the screens can't be viewed one after another in windows fax/pic view, that sucks, but I didnt know how to configure that to a zip.
    Last edited by JPZ1987a; Jul 1st, 2008 at 05:31:20.

HAI

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Seniority++
    Ubah Fumbler - Pistolgimp Sidekick - Cyb0r Muffin - Medsuit Miracle
    Highrise 3
    Omni-1 Trade, Atlantean

Nice screenies, and I'd play on a classic AO server, I started before NW and only got to like, level 62, but I had a blast.

I remember Tir arena being packed everyday and the hardcore kids in full Azure just chatting away.

Good memories
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

I'd play an AO/NW server only as long as it wasn't subscription based

Funny collages. I remember those from years ago and all the flaming that went back and forth
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

I'd switch to classic server any day of the week.

They definitely should start one, and provided with many of recent fixes, and new graphic engine to come, it would definitely be a blast to play.

Pft oldtimers just look like froobs xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I'd switch to classic server any day of the week.

They definitely should start one, and provided with many of recent fixes, and new graphic engine to come, it would definitely be a blast to play.
    When FC replaced the server hardware I straight up asked them about leaving some of it running to put a retro server on but that idea pretty much failed...

I would take a retro server with all the froob ads and no subscription. Maybe even a reduced subscription ($5 deal?). I just don't think FC would go out of their way. They would find this idea redundant since froobs already exist and are quite well established. All I can do is just hope

well that's the thing, really. all of the people pining away for an old school only server are more than welcome to play froobs forever. and hey, it's even free!

you'll just have to ignore the conveniences that all the other better equipped players have.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    well that's the thing, really. all of the people pining away for an old school only server are more than welcome to play froobs forever. and hey, it's even free!

you'll just have to ignore the conveniences that all the other better equipped players have.
    That's not the idea Sterva.
    The idea is that if there's only a RK then RK would be a more populated world, making it easier and more fun to play.

Remember NW Mines, the omni outpost would have loads of people there, lush fields..
    Then everyone meeting at 20K to level shades/mutants...etc

Ent/Trade used to be heavily populated, now? heh.

Lots of us want classic servers, classic only.
    We don't want everyone split up over different expansions.
    A fresh start, a new economy.

Even doing encounters like mercs (maybe have nw) and tarasque... without the 220's.

I'd love to see that happen. I remember the insanity of those pre-SL Merc raid days

"Hello there I am GM Shaolin, I want you to leave the area immediately, the lag you are causing is close to destroying the game"

Aussieborn 220/22 MA (Retired-ish)
    Healinjoo 2xx/1x Equip
    Merve 151/18 Mp PERK RESET
    And some other gimps!
    Consider this my Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by obliteratr
    thw word is spelt like deliverieing actually.

[Nwchat] Rakhabit: I'm not in the mood to play Kel's Neutronium Wars

Nice screenshots
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    [Nwchat] Rakhabit: I'm not in the mood to play Kel's Neutronium Wars

Nice screenshots
    Ahahaha, yeah, I was disappointed though that none from the old Broken Shores GN base was on my HD.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ1987a View Post
    Ahahaha, yeah, I was disappointed though that none from the old Broken Shores GN base was on my HD.
    We finally lost that base at the end of the summer'07

3/4ths of the guild was out of town in Virginia Beach when they attacked, and even then we held them off for a couple hours hehe.

Longest standing tower ever!

Edit: Here's a pic of it right before it got destroyed.
    Last edited by Rak; Jun 30th, 2008 at 19:33:40.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

We finally lost that base at the end of the summer'07

3/4ths of the guild was out of town in Virginia Beach when they attacked, and even then we held them off for a couple hours hehe.

Longest standing tower ever!

Edit: Here's a pic of it right before it got destroyed.
    Yep, that 2 or 3-day battle with MR and all the little guilds it brought along to help it get the Psychology org contract from your turf was by far one of the best times I had in AO. It was me, your agent, Trellame, Butwalrus, Dimmufodr, Lilfelix, Lanaah, Anterot, Askiles, Pegga, and a couple others. They just kept coming back with more and more each time, ahahaha! And they kept thinking they had NW's 60s grace, but the place was natural 25% so it was only for 15 seconds.

Yep, that 2 or 3-day battle with MR and all the little guilds it brought along to help it get the Psychology org contract from your turf was by far one of the best times I had in AO. It was me, your agent, Trellame, Butwalrus, Dimmufodr, Lilfelix, Lanaah, Anterot, Askiles, Pegga, and a couple others. They just kept coming back with more and more each time, ahahaha! And they kept thinking they had NW's 60s grace, but the place was natural 25% so it was only for 15 seconds.
    I turned down a whopping 5 mil from pogobear for the tower site and he got mad
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I turned down a whopping 5 mil from pogobear for the tower site and he got mad
    I thought it was like 300mil they offered you :P

I thought it was like 300mil they offered you :P
    After the first failed attack yeah.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa