Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beware of omni's that gank omni's.

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    omg best quote ever
    i agree

1 Solution to so many problems:

Remove NTs from the game. Give their mezz and pnh/ior nanolines to traders so that they're actually useful before 209.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    1 Solution to so many problems:

root the flagged people then triple them twice gg

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteshade View Post
    How about we all stop being dicks and stfu already. If you all want to be jerks, go do it somewhere else. No one's 2 cents matters. I don't care. How about that. I don't give a flying crap get over the stupid thread. You all must be REAL bored.
    You're fesity for a person who ends their opening post with:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteshade View Post
    Flame on.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Let's see if I have understood this right. Levelling team moves along Brink killing as they go and stray into what has somehow been accepted as "NT-only area". No NT in sight they keep killing until they are interrupted by a train caused by an NT (breaking EULA).

Quckly killed by the irate goup of heckler they regroup when one member notices the insults shouted at them by the NT (breaking EULA). Upset by this one member returns to Brink with his high level alt and uses a flag to kill the offening NT (not breaking EULA).

Upset NT complains on forums and cries for the ban of org call out.

About right?

So the NT that broke EULA twice is somehow the victim here? I'd say the people trained and insulted are the ones with a valid grievance. Since when is training Omni acceptable? If anyone should be shunned here it's the NT and the ones condoning and even promoting the repeated training and insulting by the NT's populating the Brink.

oh well probably best the NT got pwnt.

Just slowing down the bottleneck a little bit of gimpass 220s into the high level ranks of our factions. They take our phats, they eat our children and they something or other (couldnt think of anything witty and lolarious, oh well) our wives

On a side note.. wtb reduced mission rewards <--- oo0o0o0o0o0oooo them fightin words
    Facadefx 220 Adventurer
    Cratfx 220 Bureaucrat
    Candypantsfx 220 Keeper

As others wrote punishing NT has nothing to do with that NT's faction.

On a simmilar topic I had a funny situation about 1 year ago:

I see tower message about some Neutral attacking Omni tower so I send him a msg asking whether it was "auto attack accident".
    I get reply that he likes to kill some Omni towers because it is fun and he hates soft Neutral @sses like me so I should mind my own business.
    So I log my twink and go to that tower site then kill that person 1 on 1.
    I get angry msg why is Neutral killing Neutral.
    So I answer that I like to kill some Neutral @sses like you that disrerspect Omni-Neutral friendship
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Macharim View Post
    Let's see if I have understood this right. Levelling team moves along Brink killing as they go and stray into what has somehow been accepted as "NT-only area". No NT in sight they keep killing until they are interrupted by a train caused by an NT (breaking EULA).

Quckly killed by the irate goup of heckler they regroup when one member notices the insults shouted at them by the NT (breaking EULA). Upset by this one member returns to Brink with his high level alt and uses a flag to kill the offening NT (not breaking EULA).

Upset NT complains on forums and cries for the ban of org call out.

About right?

So the NT that broke EULA twice is somehow the victim here? I'd say the people trained and insulted are the ones with a valid grievance. Since when is training Omni acceptable? If anyone should be shunned here it's the NT and the ones condoning and even promoting the repeated training and insulting by the NT's populating the Brink.
    If the NT broke EULA, they should have petitioned him.

Now, I kite on my NT in Elysium and I had Omni players trying to train me for hours...

Also, I am spammed by players with " do u cait? ", " wanna make some fast credz? ", " any spot in ur team? ", " don't kite here, spot taken! ", " do not attack my mobs! ", etc... Every mob in Elysium is fair game and anyone can attack it.

Sure, maybe this NT was wrong, but blaiming NTs in general is wrong.
    Willnotfix's old account, was used by Moonman for a few days. Original owner may one day use this account again .

agreed ****** are ******* regardless of gender, age, nation etc...
    and orgs should not be brought into the arguments between two people..

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Heh. This thread gives me a warm little charge in my belly. I have somewhat of a fued with Nursesin (and Unkfix) going on. Backstory, the pair of them hate me, quote, because I talk too much. And I do. Now hate is a strong word. And not one you can ever take back. So where I went from a stance of complete disinterest it is now one quite, quite negative. Not hate. I reserve hate for people who deserve it. And these poor unfortunate souls just aren't that important.

But I think it is nothing short of hilarious that the poor, unfortunate, and completely unimportant Nursesin starts a bitch thread, and as soon as it doesn't go her way - in fact, quite the opposite, suddenly doesn't care any more.

Ahh. Warm little charge.

Edit, for clarification; The actual purpose of this thread, and the drama itself is of no interest to me at all. I played an NT and kited Hecklers for cor, nearly a week. Had never even heard of this sort of thing happening until right now. Goes to show just what you've got to be to be killed by another player in Elysium with their own weapon.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Jan 22nd, 2007 at 15:40:17.

yes the NT was a tad outta line shouting names, but everyone knows about the kiting area's and that you dont go into them or your gonna die, NTs dont run up and down the whole line to check to see if someone is in the path of the pull and once they start the pull there is no stoping. but that is not the point in this thread. the point is that the pres of the org let his member gank a fellow omni. it was the teams fault for taking the risk of going into a kite zone so they payed for it with there life. and as for the people that support this behavior then you are prolly in one of the bigger orgs that does what they want anyway, or your clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    yes the NT was a tad outta line shouting names, but everyone knows about the kiting area's and that you dont go into them or your gonna die, NTs dont run up and down the whole line to check to see if someone is in the path of the pull and once they start the pull there is no stoping. but that is not the point in this thread. the point is that the pres of the org let his member gank a fellow omni. it was the teams fault for taking the risk of going into a kite zone so they payed for it with there life. and as for the people that support this behavior then you are prolly in one of the bigger orgs that does what they want anyway, or your clan.

yes the agent was a tad outta line ganking, but everyone knows about the ganking area's and that you dont go into them or your gonna die, gankers dont run up and down the whole line to check to see if someone is in the path of his flag and once they spread the flag there is no stopping but that is not the point in this thread. the point is that the pres of the org let his member train a fellow omni. it was the nts fault for taking the risk of going into a gank zone so he payed for it with his life. and as for the people that support this behavior then you are prolly one of those sitting afk leeching off the nt, or your clan.

See? Very easy to turn that around. No matter what happens it is always the NTs responsibility to check so he doesn't train people since that is a clear violation of FC rules. When he does it he needs to at least be polite about it but when you combine training with insults there will be retaliation. Don't expect to run over people without them taking action even if you are in an area you mistakenly think is "NT-only".

As for being in big orgs and doing what we want that's just not true. I'm in a big org and the rules for what we can and can't do are probably stricter than any small orgs. Even so I believe my org leader would have condoned this action. Omniscience, which this is about is a small org with nowhere near the power to "do what they want".

Well this thread needs a Yoda type quote.

"Rivers of tears, dry bed needing"
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Macharim View Post
    yes the agent was a tad outta line ganking, but everyone knows about the ganking area's and that you dont go into them or your gonna die, gankers dont run up and down the whole line to check to see if someone is in the path of his flag and once they spread the flag there is no stopping but that is not the point in this thread. the point is that the pres of the org let his member train a fellow omni. it was the nts fault for taking the risk of going into a gank zone so he payed for it with his life. and as for the people that support this behavior then you are prolly one of those sitting afk leeching off the nt, or your clan.

See? Very easy to turn that around. No matter what happens it is always the NTs responsibility to check so he doesn't train people since that is a clear violation of FC rules. When he does it he needs to at least be polite about it but when you combine training with insults there will be retaliation. Don't expect to run over people without them taking action even if you are in an area you mistakenly think is "NT-only".

As for being in big orgs and doing what we want that's just not true. I'm in a big org and the rules for what we can and can't do are probably stricter than any small orgs. Even so I believe my org leader would have condoned this action. Omniscience, which this is about is a small org with nowhere near the power to "do what they want".
    How do you expect a NT to do the thing I put in bold?

When I start my kite, I check for 2-3 seconds to see if anyone is near. I have 100% view distance so I can see anything which is maximum allowed by the game. I have fog off so I can see clearly.

After I start the kite, anyone running into it will, probably, die. If I kite like I say I do and someone intervines and dies, how is this my fault?

Also, for more information, I use Volcanic Eruption and Boil Blood which creates 2k aggro per cast. Now, since the hecklers will ignore that aggro when someone else approaches the kite zone, isn't this a bug or glich? Again, if someone else dies, it's not my fault that hecklers do not keep aggro when I taunt them each 10 seconds or so.

Also, Omni ganking Omni is forbidden in my org and should be forbidden in any org. Trust me, I begged, during this weekend, for permission to gank some omnis ( who where greifing, trying to train me and talking dirty to me - not that I mind the dirty talking ) this weekend but I was not allowed to
    Last edited by Willnotfix; Jan 22nd, 2007 at 15:30:01.
    Willnotfix's old account, was used by Moonman for a few days. Original owner may one day use this account again .

You know. I came back to this thread just to watch the drama and I have a few thoughts about the fellow talking about trains and EULA's.

I don't think you have a valid point.

Yes. Players have designated areas for certain things. Just because it ain't in the rulebook, doesn't make it so. After all, all of our endgame events are managed exclusively by players, and breaking those rules are just the same kind of social taboo. Taking off with five ICE's and a Hadrulf Belt at APF isn't against any rules if you have lootrights, but you'll get your nuts run through a cheesegrater for doing it.

I'd be confident to say everyone who is in Ely at some point kills Hecklers. Some of them because they specifically want to power level and be gone from Elysium as soon as possible. Some because they feel it is the only way to level but they are in no specific hurry. The only reason I didn't start this sentence with 'Everyone who is in Ely...' is because I just know someone would contradict me for the sake of it. That is the way of people on the internet.

Those three main spots in Eastern Elysium where the NT's kite. Everyone who's been in Elysium for more than about 5 seconds knows whats going on there. Everyone who ventures there on foot to kill hecklers knows they are crossing a line that they should not cross. Doesn't matter if its not in a rulebook. Doesn't matter if some smartarse with his head buried in said rulebook can argue that the very process is against the rules. (Re: Training). We all know what goes down. And noones interested in putting a stop to it.

Your average player loves the idea of a kite team. Some of us are too good for them, and some of us are completely dependant on them. But we all know what they are. By going in there on foot and making a name for yourself as a person who interupts kites and and all that you're saying please, NT's, don't kite me, or my team. We just commited Elysium style social suicide. Whilst it doesn't rank with Ninja-looting the beast, hell, it's not even the same ballpark, it is the same concept. And maybe you'll be remembered for it. Maybe you won't. But is it really worth the drama? Is it really worth a three page sookfest on Life on Rimor?

Back to the too good issue, I am really looking forward to a few particular elitist scumbags I loathe with every molecule of my being carrying on and weighing in on subjects like this. Got some highly amusing screenies. That's not to say I'm on my high horse. As mentioned above and in my signiture, I'm all for kiting. And all of my characters except the NT have at some point leeched, most of them bypassed TL4 entirely infact. Boring title level.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Well this thread needs a Yoda type quote.

"Rivers of tears, dry bed needing"
    That sounded more like a personal ad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Your average player loves the idea of a kite team. Some of us are too good for them, and some of us are completely dependant on them. But we all know what they are. By going in there on foot and making a name for yourself as a person who interupts kites and and all that you're saying please, NT's, don't kite me, or my team. We just commited Elysium style social suicide.
    You're seriously promoting the TL7 carbonum crowd? The average player despises kite teams, and the noobs they produce. As a player of an NT, you just want to think that kite teams fulfill some sort of gaping need in AO. It's bad enough dealing with people who've never done anything but kill hecklers, it's a whole other story to deal with those who didn't even kill the hecklers, but just sat there.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

I don't interperet those people you just outlined as people who wear Carbonum armour and have sat in a kite team from level 110 to level 204. I interepet them as bloody stupid. You may replace bloody with a more fitting swear word.

But I mean, AO has players that are all manner of stupid. It's not mutually exclusive with people who have spent their lives sitting on a hill.

My experience with kite teams as a reciever is avoiding TL4 as much as possible for the fast paced IP spending, heck smashing, and really fast gains in Nano Formulas and various team based things that TL5 brings. So I simply avoid TL4. And I do that sitting on a hill. Doesn't take long, and I don't believe it makes me less of a person for doing so.

My version of average player and your version of average player is clearly different.

What I consider to be an average player is someone who plays a bit of AO after work in the evenings, a few hours on the weekend if they have time, has probably never seen Title Level 7, and sees Anarchy Online as a way to enjoy themselves for 50 cents a day.

Edit will follow. I want to re-read your signature and forum sign-up date.

Ahh. From what little information I have cared enough to acquire, you certainly don't fit my idea of average. And given your high alien levels, chances are excellent you have spent a great deal of time with an endgame crowd of people, also clouding your vision of average.

If you're talking about people being kited to level 204 then coming straight to inferno in a set of QL20 carbonum, sure, I can agree with you there. Not from the same point of view of course. My point of view being level 203-204 could be so much faster pretty much anywhere else except elysium and the person paying a subscription fee to sit on that hill for such a huge time commitment would have to be pretty damn crazy stupid.

But we have gotten terribly off topic here. The topic at hand is conduct in elysium. An average player (who is currently levelling in elysium, has a small amount of money, a small network of friends, and no alts/friends to pocket him) is eventually going to get wind of what's going on over at the Outer Isles.

They will.

A) Know what kiting is.
    B) Get bored of the constant heckler teams.
    C) See the appeal of going idle for an hour and levelling.

Their teams in the manually grinded levels before hand would have been chattering about it. People talk. I bet you visited Kite Hill once. You'll say you didn't. I bet you're too proud to admit it. And maybe now you've got the 6 billion credit ensemble and the molten hairdryer of dhoom, but waaay back when. Heh.

In summation. Anyone who's killed hecklers in Elysium knows all the pertinent details of kiting. And they all know that they will cause a drama by killing hecklers with a team in those spots. And they all know that deaths will ensue. Maybe theirs. Maybe the NT's. And they all know it's not the right thing to do. Bugger the rules. Bugger the EULA. Bugger the shouted insults. People are stupid, but they aren't that stupid.

In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence. Party B wouldn't let it go, and rightly so - bugger your rules, and bugger my personal opinion of Party B - which is so low as to be high, negatively so.

Standing out there with a flag and lining up a gank is just petty and absolutely pathetic. I've seen some pretty disgruntled people over in Elysium, especially when they don't get their kiting. I remember one of Fixichong's alts, who is supposedly very respectable and brilliant and all that, getting very childish and pathetic over being ousted from my kite team over non-payment. They conspired to kill me for four hours straight. Some dedication.

I recall Khrystanna's agent asking me for three levels, yes, the mighty awesome zomg Khrystanna (Khrystagent) wagging their dick over how three million credits was nothing. They got their three levels. But were afk. I gave them a fourth level. They were still afk. I had an orgmate lined up, I removed Khrystanna from the team. They suddenly stopped being afk about 1.3 seconds later, and had a great big cry. They refused to pay based on me kicking them, dispite me fulfilling my obligation, and then some. I proceeded to bury them on OT OOC until I got my money. Which took three days. They caved. I won.

People are pathetic in Elysium. I've got more stories. Those two are just some that spring to mind of people who I'm sure think they are far too good for kite hill, that I've personally kited. Food for thought. But again, I've gotten off topic. I don't want to thread jack this. So back to it.

Out of interest, I've never seen a TL7 in Carbonum. I saw a 160 subscriber in Omni Carb one, citing it was better than Tier1 based on hit points. But that's it. I assume it was QL200 at least. He had his froob pads on.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Jan 22nd, 2007 at 21:48:29.

Standing out there with a flag and lining up a gank is just petty and absolutely pathetic.
    I recall Khrystanna's agent asking me for three levels, yes, the mighty awesome zomg Khrystanna (Khrystagent) wagging their dick over how three million credits was nothing. They got their three levels. But were afk. I gave them a fourth level. They were still afk. I had an orgmate lined up, I removed Khrystanna from the team. They suddenly stopped being afk about 1.3 seconds later, and had a great big cry. They refused to pay based on me kicking them, dispite me fulfilling my obligation, and then some. I proceeded to bury them on OT OOC until I got my money. Which took three days. They caved. I won.

People are pathetic in Elysium. I've got more stories. Those two are just some that spring to mind of people who I'm sure think they are far too good for kite hill, that I've personally kited. Food for thought. But again, I've gotten off topic. I don't want to thread jack this. So back to it.
    I am posting ur medal to you now m8

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Easy solution: Do Not Kite.

Kiting is bad for everyone.

Bad for the NTs (hmm, those that do not want to kite cant get teams in ely any more - everyone tells them to go kite instead).

Bad for the lazy leechers. They end up being 190 casting QL25 nanos and have no armor and manage to get everyone around them killed.

Bad for the legitimate teams trying to level. It sucks getting caught in kites.

I will never ever feel sorry for an NT that gets ganked while kiting, the whole concept of kiting 5 lazy people sitting on a hill is just wrong.
    220/22/68 trox Enf Equip
    220/10 opi Shade
    207/13 nm Doc
    156/6 nm MP
    156/2 nm NT

Quote Originally Posted by Awi View Post
    So I answer that I like to kill some Neutral @sses like you that disrerspect Omni-Neutral friendship

yes thats a good dog, now sit doggie!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast