Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1150

Thread: GUI Skin: Notum Dovvetech 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Moyahno View Post
    I cant seem to get my stats bar and anything on the top right menu to show more then half way of my screen if i use notum dovvetech now, anyone else had this problem?
    I too am having this problem (since patch 18.3), with a fresh install of AO and the latest NotumEdge GUI (core and theme both installed as per your website).

It's the mini-toolbar and roll-up panels Moyahno is referring to, they seem to be only showing half on-screen. Also, the bar and buttons along the bottom of screen arent working/displaying correctly. See this screenshot to see what I mean.

Any help on this would be great as I love this GUI compared to AO's default. Wondering if its the 1600x900 resolution altho I never had this problem before the patch.

Also, does anyone know if the chat windows can be 'locked' in place as I have a particular layout and its annoying when I accidentally move a window and have to realign it

Thanks all in advance for your feedback

Mightyconan (Atlantean Clan Enforcer).
    Last edited by Theosares; Dec 7th, 2009 at 21:49:24.

Erm... You definitely did not install ndGUI properly if you are seeing that; you must have forgotten to issue the /setoption GUIName "ndGUI" command, or the GUI files still ended up in the wrong place somehow.

Bordered chat windows cannot be locked against moving, but you can switch them to borderless mode (right click into the window, select Visual > Mode and switch to Borderless) in which state they become non-movable.
    However, this is not suitable for chat windows with multiple tabs as the tabs will become inaccessible in borderless mode.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Hmm ok will have another look, ty for the info Honorbound

Update: Tried it and it works perfectly now, many thanks
    Last edited by Theosares; Dec 8th, 2009 at 02:08:08.

I'm having an issue right off the bat. When I go to GUI and click "Change" nothing happens. Any idea what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by brunoscopel View Post
    I'm having an issue right off the bat. When I go to GUI and click "Change" nothing happens. Any idea what's going on?
    click the "default" button first, to reset to the default gui, then the "change" button will work
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Exclamation ndGUI v4.31/18.3.0 available

ndGUI v4.31/18.3.0 is now available with a few small changes, on the notum|dovvetech download page.
    Check the News and Changelog sections for details.

Since I don't have access to the opening post in this thread to use it as a means of providing easily accessible news and links at a fixed location (as opposed to being able only to post within the thread which posts can be missed), I've decided to start a new thread for the v4.3 GUI line.

Please consider using that thread from now on instead of this one if you have questions, comments or requests regarding the v4.3 GUI line.

New versions and other changes will also be announced there from now on.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

sorry if this has been asked and solved, but i cant seem to get the bar anymore that used to be at the bottom of the screen between aggdeff bar and creds, is this removed now?

hard to explain, the bar that i think the original UI had creds and agg deff buitlt into it

also i had asked before and im not sure which of the UIs im using, but currently the bars where all the perk actions etc are on.. shortcut bar (one you make appear with Y) is set to default, while my UI is set to dovvetech, not sure how to fix this?

sorry if this has been asked and solved, but i cant seem to get the bar anymore that used to be at the bottom of the screen between aggdeff bar and creds, is this removed now?

hard to explain, the bar that i think the original UI had creds and agg deff buitlt into it
    The default GUI has those bars on the left and right side of the screen as part of the "wings", but there's nothing between them.

The Notum GUIs have the "menu background bar" behind the agg/def and creds bars and the menu buttons, running along the bottom (or top, if set so) edge of the screen. It can be turned on/off in Options, under the ndGUI Settings; it should be on by default (unless you are switching from the default GUI and had the "wings" turned off; they share the same control variable).

also i had asked before and im not sure which of the UIs im using, but currently the bars where all the perk actions etc are on.. shortcut bar (one you make appear with Y) is set to default, while my UI is set to dovvetech, not sure how to fix this?
    That's kinda... Umm... Impossible, unless the texture file was incorrectly compiled and missing the required texture; but that's not the case, I've just checked all 5 themes ingame and they are OK.
    There is an overview screenshot for all the themes on the download page; are you sure that your shortcutbars doesn't look like any of the ones on those images, while the rest of the GUI looks as one of those screenshots?

just gonna delete what i said, solved the issue

suffice to say it was stupidity that caused it nothing else

btw, what on earth are the numbers on Bottom Bar for? dont seem to change at all
    Last edited by Moyahno; Dec 19th, 2009 at 00:28:54.

btw, what on earth are the numbers on Bottom Bar for? dont seem to change at all
    You mean the 1,2,3....8,9,0 numbers? Place a hotbar over them.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

not sure if i understand, what happens if you do?

I have a slight problem with the raid interface (hp/nano bars). It's not a big deal, only a mild annoyance.

Some are smaller than the others, and overlapping the profession icons.

I've had AOU gui before, and I have done a gui wipe as stated in the dovvetech readme.

Anyone have the same problem, or know how to solve it?

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/s...nline/raid.jpg
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Heh, that's odd...

One thing I can think of is that at some point you had the small sized RaidBars activated, opened some bars with that, then you switched back to the standard sized bars without using the reset RaidBars function.

So now you got the standard RaidBar textures, the bars that you have opened after having switched back to the standard size are in normal size, but others are about the size of the smaller RaidBars with the larger textures squeezed into that size, because they "remember" the smaller size from the time when you used the smaller bars and opened those bars with that.
    The odd thing is that your client seems to be doing what I couldn't get it to do when I was experimenting with it: it has partially scaled down the standard sized RaidBar textures to fit into the smaller dimensions saved from the small sized bars.

So, please try to use the "Reset / Fix RaidBars" checkbox in Options / ndGUI Settings to see if that clears it.

One more thing: you did update both the core files and the (Notum) theme to 4.31, right? Although I think you did, otherwise trying to activate the smaller bars should have led either to a crash or the bars not showing at all.
    Last edited by Honorbound; Dec 20th, 2009 at 23:55:50.

Question: I'm using the Edge 4, and the issue I'm having is that the action bar isn't showing on the bottom (like the preview shows) but aside the Mini Toolbar. How do I fix this?

Thank you

If by "action bar" you mean the menubar with the buttons to open the submenus or directly open some of the windows...

As the Customization / Changing the menubar position section explains, go to the "Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\ndGUI\Views" folder, where you should be able to find a bunch of ControlCenter_*.xml files.
    To put the menu to the bottom right position, you need either the ControlCenter_BR.xml if you are using the v4.23 classic or v4.3 version, or the ControlCenter_menu_bottom_right.xml if you are using v4.31 or higher.
    Copy it into the same folder while renaming it to ControlCenter.xml and the next time you log in, the menu should be in the bottom right position.

This is the default position, btw, so you must have successfully changed it once already to the top right position at some point...

No, I've never touched it. that's how it came.... that why I'm so confused.

I did exactly as directed, made the copy, restarted ao, and nothing was changed. ???

I'm reluctant to say this, but what you are saying is just not possible.

Are you sure you are using the latest ndGUI version, downloaded from here? The links in the opening post of this thread are outdated, pointing to a discontinued, partially incorrectly working (if at all) and different version.

You should perform a GUI cleanup, then reinstall the latest ndGUI core and theme files downloaded from the page linked above.

About the only thing that could cause similar issues (but still doesn't explain how the GUI is not in the default state for you when the packages contain the files in that configuration) is that you are using Vista or Win7 and you have AO installed in the default "C:\Program Files\Funcom\Anarchy Online" folder, which you must not.
    For this case, further information and instructions can be found in this thread.

Also, there is a new thread for the current line of ndGUI builds, found here which should be preferred instead of this one.

Well, that may explain it. I don't have the new version, and I didn't perform a GUI cleanup. I'll attempt both tonight.

Thank you for your time.

I'm downloading the new file, and I'm confused what you mean by "Anarchy Online installation folder." What specific folder am I supposed to download it to?

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast