Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *** Phyxr's personal soloing method - an overview ***

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxrphyxr View Post

The missions vary in size. The notification of % complete doesn't kick in for a while.
    I always kill mobs to get the % to 90+ before killing the boss. It's just too annoying to not get the reward for the sake of a few kills.
    Solo missions took me 25-45 mins depending on size and content. Occasionally I'd abandon a mish, for instance if it was full of dryads.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    I tried some solo inferno mishes, several kills and i never got an updated %.

Sprinted to mordeth and he didn't give me a reward either..

whats the deal?
    The percentage kicks in after a few kills, you'll see it in time. One thing to bear in mind is that solo mishes, not unlike their RK counterparts, are ONLY one floor, unlike team SL mishes which cna be several floors deep.

Hmm gonna try this guide for 1 of my new alts.

Very nice guide btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukemon View Post
    Hmm gonna try this guide for 1 of my new alts.

Very nice guide btw.

+1, A great guide and an interesting project for my level 40 Fixer!

It's a little off though, I dont think many classes can solo ely hecks at 120, for one....

Quote Originally Posted by hamurai View Post
    It's a little off though, I dont think many classes can solo ely hecks at 120, for one....
    That was his soloing method so I think it is pretty safe to assume that there is plenty of player skill AND good gear on those toons. My MP soloed his first Ely heckler at 100...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    That was his soloing method so I think it is pretty safe to assume that there is plenty of player skill AND good gear on those toons. My MP soloed his first Ely heckler at 100...
    Ah, lvl 100 MP... I have one of those. Self-cast top RK pets + hide. And the OP had a soldier, aka TMS + specials kite. Doesn't mean this is generalizable to every other prof. Good luck trying it on a 120 shade with the best of gear and skillz.

Don't get me wrong... this is still a great guide and there's a lot of excellent tips in it. But it's still just the experiences of leveling a clan soldier with Phyxr's resources/knowledge/connections. Everyone else should take it with a grain of salt when trying it for their own toons.
    Last edited by Sorhan; Jul 12th, 2010 at 01:39:57.
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Another way to level up quickly but can only be done one time is to complete the garden and sanctuary key quests.

At lvl 106 I gained two levels doing the Ely sanctuary quest. At at lower level the key quest also gave me two levels.

The Ely Garden quest took my MA from 84.75 to 87.5.

Very nice indeed.

great guide, i've followed it to some extent with my different toons. i have now hit 197 on my enforcer, and i notice who everybody is looking for inf mish teams, yet it's a damn hard time finding any... ATM i keep busy doing dr doja+normal doja, daily and some questlines(about to start inf's yutto) and pen hard solos in between. Is there anything else I could do to add some exp that's not as grindish?

Quote Originally Posted by pontusen View Post
    great guide, i've followed it to some extent with my different toons. i have now hit 197 on my enforcer, and i notice who everybody is looking for inf mish teams, yet it's a damn hard time finding any... ATM i keep busy doing dr doja+normal doja, daily and some questlines(about to start inf's yutto) and pen hard solos in between. Is there anything else I could do to add some exp that's not as grindish?
    Key quests that you may have not completed yet. Do the dailies. Ask help from org mates. At your level you only get inferno team missions if a) you know the 220 puller or b) team has empty slots after picking the highest level toons from LFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    Key quests that you may have not completed yet. Do the dailies. Ask help from org mates. At your level you only get inferno team missions if a) you know the 220 puller or b) team has empty slots after picking the highest level toons from LFT.
    Yeah dailies + key +yutto + dojas is pretty much what took me from 140 to 197, with some ado hecks in between. What I'm quite puzzled about is the lack of players at around my lvl, am I the only one who doesn't have a 220 main to roll in mishes? I would love to do some pen mishes in a team but they are nowhere to be found so I'm pretty much forced into soloing.

Around your level I got my levels sitting above door in Inferno spirit dungeon while 220 engineer and MP were killing spirits 24/7. Couldn't find any other way to level...

very nice guide, thank you original poster :-)

Good thread this, been using it for my Fixer (112) for the past few days.

A point to note is that the static in Halls of Scheol is impossible to reach at 110 for a fixer (TMS is OP apparently). Too much aggro from flappies and you just get {killed}. The static in Highlands by the incarnator is still averaging 20k to 30k a kill at these levels so can probably take you to 115.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 17th, 2012 at 14:27:23.
    Kinkee, Clan Fixer, RK1, The Smurfette
    Roughtrade, Clan Trader, RK1

Really great guide. This may sound like a pain, but would it be possible to get a "Walking in AO for Dummies" route for this? Like, let's say I follow it up to Borealis; how would I get to Jobe or wherever else to fight Chimeras? And what's this white wall with a crack in it? It'd be nice if there were some directions on how to get to each of these places, possibly on the world map, but just as good if it says something like Noob Island -> Borealis -> Grid to this place -> Go in an entrance located here to find chimeras... etc etc.

Basically, it's nice that people are willing to make guides and stuff, but sometimes they don't write it with a true noob in mind. I don't remember anything about this game, so I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going.

I don't think this was ever really written for total noobs as it assumes you have credits/resources to level quickly.

Cool

After a two and a half year break from AO I can now revisit this post from a position of near complete game ignorance and see if what I wrote is still useful :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxr View Post

After a two and a half year break from AO I can now revisit this post from a position of near complete game ignorance and see if what I wrote is still useful :-)

It is still useful, no question about it.

What might have changed while you were away are the Daily Missions. They give you a huge amount of xp which is either very helpful (if you want to level fast) or not so helpful (if you want to get research levels early).

If you log your toons only now and then and you only do "your dailies" you will level up even if you keep your research slider to 100%. But you will always cap your research. You will not be able to keep up your research levels with your normal level and so you will have to do an awful lot of (inferno) missions later to reach research level 10.

It is absolutly no problem if you do something else with your toon besides daily missions. The "problem" arises only if you keep research on 100% and ONLY level up with daily missions as some people do with their alts. Log alt, do dailies, log off. Log next alt, repeat.

Your milage may vary. Some people like to level up fast without any points in research. Some people like to have research levels as soon as possible.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

I don't think there is anything in this guide that would strike me as needing huge ammounts of cash or gear.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast