Thread: Bugged special attacks

Bugged special attacks

Right...
    GJ... really

wanted to try out how the special attacks were working now, so started attacking an OT bartender level 200, and alt-tabbed a friendly omni and figured it wouldn't let me fire off a special attack on it.... ohhhh dear.
    my ql250 BwT fired off on a level 84 NT.... - I am level 220.
    the poor NT nearly died I had to babysit his HP.
    the NT was not flagged, I was not flagged, this attack did not flag either of us...

I dare not try any other special attacks now.
    see 17.8 forums
    Last edited by maopic; Mar 12th, 2008 at 23:11:00.
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

cool. if i had my ma acc was open id go grief lowbie twinks
    Nekrofiil: | Your smart ass thread got deleted. I feel sorry for you
    --- cut wrists imho :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Hi!
    The professionals program was my idea, I brought it up with Cosmik many many many years ago now as an idea to filter poor and inaccurate feedback from the playerbase. I've been a professional twice, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    all hail the invincible ma, you're just so amazing in pvp. will you teach me to be good like you?
    [Redliner]: What I write on forums is one thing, how I act ingame is another story. If you have any complaints about my ingame behaviour, feel free to send any AvR officer a tell

Quote Originally Posted by PooNaGe
    didnt i previously suggest i was retarded?
    you may now take it as a fact

Just dueled an agent with my MA, and i stunned myself with Bright, Blue, Cloudless Sky while trying to kill him... bugs ftw :x
    "Anisherl" -220/30 - Dictator -

"Anisher" - 220/26 - Field Marshal -

"Montaro" - 150/17 - Master of 10th Dan -

I just read in 17.8 forums about agents and their <15% hp dd perk only firing on original target, is this the case with obliterate too? they semi-fix incapacitate and take away obliterate? bleh
    Maopic 2202670
    Mypetrocks 2202370
    Drmao 2202467
    Sirmao 1741242
    General of Asgard

it's the case with all perks mao, you can't chain from 1 mob/person to another anymore
    our DD in mass raids just gone down.. (and shades are F***ed now even worse then us with their chain perks...)
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

What's f**ked shades more is mobs not actually being where they look like they are. It's like an entire raid of Hacker'uri. Perkswitching was never a big deal to my shade at least ( mostly coz it hardly ever worked ), bit annoyed about losing obliterate tho.

Been merrily attacking people's mules with BwT, quite amusing

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Been merrily attacking people's mules with BwT, quite amusing
    fraps please

Quote Originally Posted by Anisher View Post
    Just dueled an agent with my MA, and i stunned myself with Bright, Blue, Cloudless Sky while trying to kill him... bugs ftw :x
    paying for alpha testing is kinda cool no?
    Nekrofiil: | Your smart ass thread got deleted. I feel sorry for you
    --- cut wrists imho :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Hi!
    The professionals program was my idea, I brought it up with Cosmik many many many years ago now as an idea to filter poor and inaccurate feedback from the playerbase. I've been a professional twice, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    all hail the invincible ma, you're just so amazing in pvp. will you teach me to be good like you?
    [Redliner]: What I write on forums is one thing, how I act ingame is another story. If you have any complaints about my ingame behaviour, feel free to send any AvR officer a tell

Quote Originally Posted by PooNaGe
    didnt i previously suggest i was retarded?
    you may now take it as a fact

i wonder, if i can pawn some low towers with it ...
    if not, time for some sappo kung-fu near the subway

This patch has *almost* as many bugs as AO did at launch. It feels the same except I started at 220 and I don't lag or crash as much.... nevermind the 4-5 minute lag spikes.
    They told me to shoot straight
    Don't pull the trigger squeeze
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns
    100 decibels turns to one
    One bullet one empty head

Hah, awesome. Just got a teammate to try this out on a 220 fixer in team, his attacks all landed fine & he's got about 2600 AR atm.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    it's the case with all perks mao, you can't chain from 1 mob/person to another anymore
    our DD in mass raids just gone down.. (and shades are F***ed now even worse then us with their chain perks...)
    Can you explain what you mean by this, as if I were a n00b? Cause I kinda lost you.

[Edit]: After reading the agent's post, I feel like I missed a huge obvious bus. You're telling me perks were able to hit a new target after being queued in a recently dead one? Wow, that's new to me, lol! Well, I suppose they'll work like they were meant to.
    Last edited by Dyrshin; Mar 14th, 2008 at 01:36:45.
    Dyrshin
    220 MA
    RK1
    GMT -10:00

"They say karate means empty hands, so then it's perfect for the poor man"

--Dead Prez*

*I don't agree with everything they say, but they have damn good beats

If you weren't lagging & timed it right you could swap mobs while obliterate was executing so it lands on the next; most it ever worked for me was 2-3 times a raid, which is hardly DD breaking, half the time by accident anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrshin View Post
    Can you explain what you mean by this, as if I were a n00b? Cause I kinda lost you.

[Edit]: After reading the agent's post, I feel like I missed a huge obvious bus. You're telling me perks were able to hit a new target after being queued in a recently dead one? Wow, that's new to me, lol! Well, I suppose they'll work like they were meant to.
    yes that agent thread on the 17.8 forums sums it up pretty ok... except they think it effects just agents and noone else, I'm just wondering when the shades are gonna go berserk when they realize that their primary source of damage (in big raids) got wtfpwnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    If you weren't lagging & timed it right you could swap mobs while obliterate was executing so it lands on the next; most it ever worked for me was 2-3 times a raid, which is hardly DD breaking, half the time by accident anyway.
    it was doable with lag too, you just had to time it right, you could actually chain the tremor hand --> flesh quiver --> obliterate on 3 different mobs (if they died fast enough).

anyhow... FC fixed it not because of that, but because of it's exploitability in pvp, where you could pretty much chain *all* the offensive perks you have on someone with no evades and shift+Q to let's say a fixer.

I'm perfectly fine with it being changed for PvP, but damn... they could've made it to still work in pvm.

I just hope that sometime soon they'll find a working way to fix the client-server sync (and I'm talking about the old problem where you were literally standing on the target and still get "out of range" crap, and not the new out-of-sync shops/mobs/vendors/grid/newDBfall/everything else) and finally admit that kiting is expoliting a game's rule, (client-server sync) to get an advantage they wouldn't be able to have otherwise... but alas when 90% of the player base abuses that...
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    yes that agent thread on the 17.8 forums sums it up pretty ok... except they think it effects just agents and noone else, I'm just wondering when the shades are gonna go berserk when they realize that their primary source of damage (in big raids) got wtfpwnt.
    Doesn't bother my shade in the slightest. If the raid is so big that you'd have to perkswap to do enough damage, then it's too big to even care.

Just for everyone's information, swapping queued perks was considered a sploit, might want to edit your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    Just for everyone's information, swapping queued perks was considered a sploit, might want to edit your posts.
    damn I'm da sploiter
    Kotty • Drush • Guzzler • Farminator

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    not in pvm

regardless if it was PvM or PvP, they considered it an exploit and fixed it.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Heh just remembered one moment in GitS where Bateau wanted to challenge Motoko..
    Special Attack fired on yourself...You were stunned by brawl from Bateau
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.