Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe you nerfed Soldiers..

Professions that can do 30k pvp damage in 5seconds while having a inpenetrable passive defense
    up for 1minute and 20seconds really shouldnt make whine threads.

Anything that removes the "bang youre dead" aspect of pvp is a good thing.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 3rd, 2010 at 03:22:23.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    Professions that can do 30k pvp damage in 5seconds while having a inpenetrable passive defense
    up for 1minute and 20seconds really shouldnt make whine threads.

Anything that removes the "bang youre dead" aspect of pvp is a good thing.

how can missing all perks, then hitting with 1 bullet on burst for 800 dmg and missing full auto completely on fixers advies MA shades, doing 0 dmg to engies/MPs with coon/blocks up, doing 500 dmg total on NTs with NBG up be 30k in 5 seconds in your world?

how can a defense which 4 classes bypass completely be *inpenetrable* ?

btw bro, PNS is a passive defense, it runs for hours, AMS is an active defense, which we cannot use in the presense of a certain class.

my guess is you played a green enf without coon perked and met an endgame soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    doing 0 dmg to engies/MPs with coon/blocks up

are you serious on the mp front?

Sure shield mp's maybe..but common a bow mp is pretty low threat to a sold, infact the heal pet doesnt out heal a solds normal hits.
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Power up effects every soldier regardless of weapon choice or equipment. It is our only viable option.
    That is a different problem I think, soldiers lack perk options in general. Nothing wrong with soldiers getting a seperate "DD" perkline and some others, in fact I would support it if for anything to provide variety beyond just weapon setup 1, 2, and 3.

Getting a good assault rifle perkline will be easy, getting additional perklines will be where playerbase effort and support comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now, show me another proff that "commonly", at ttl7, uses a FA/AS hotswap. Thus, Soldiers will be hurt most (nerfed) by the new mechanics.
    Besides fixers and some adventurers, you realize SA will also be in the lockout right? That means Shades who have a FAR worse time with evaders lose an extra solid hit, MAs who have been AS+SA hotswapping for a long time lose a part of their alpha as important as your FA+AS swap, and agents lose the AS+SA combo.

In addition, AS is being nerfed itself, and wether it is simply the 3 second attack time that could be interruptable or an actual defensive check, there is a good chance any prof besides soldier, agent, or adventurer trying to use AS in the future will have a very hard time.

It is not a soldier only problem and it is not soldiers who are nerfed the most. Healing nerf itself makes soldier pvp DPM incredibly dangerous in the future which I am wondering why you guys aren't dancing in the streets for that?

Need to know what the healing nerf is before anyone starts dancing I think
    Same with all the other changes really.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

how can missing all perks, then hitting with 1 bullet on burst for 800 dmg and missing full auto completely on fixers advies MA shades, doing 0 dmg to engies/MPs with coon/blocks up, doing 500 dmg total on NTs with NBG up be 30k in 5 seconds in your world?

how can a defense which 4 classes bypass completely be *inpenetrable* ?

btw bro, PNS is a passive defense, it runs for hours, AMS is an active defense, which we cannot use in the presense of a certain class.

my guess is you played a green enf without coon perked and met an endgame soldier.

Well i hit with my burst and my AR is half what yours is.

Who can bypass Soldier defense? NT´´s? 90% of nt in pvp dont use le nanos.
    Engies can disable it somewhat. And traders can remove it if you think think its a great idea to ams when you meet a trader.

Fixer , mp´s, shades, ma´s, advys, docs, crats, agents,enfs and keepers cant touch you. If anything ams should be halved in effectivness to. Soldiers have been easymode pvp
    for to long. Just a -50% effectivness to ams in pvp left. Then you might actually need some skill to play sold.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

NT´´s? 90% of nt in pvp dont use le nanos.
    Uhm, yes we do. What TL are you talking about?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Well i hit with my burst and my AR is half what yours is.

Engies can disable it somewhat. And traders can remove it if you think think its a great idea to ams when you meet a trader.

Fixer , mp´s, shades, ma´s, advys, docs, crats, agents,enfs and keepers cant touch you. If anything ams should be halved in effectivness to. Soldiers have been easymode pvp
    for to long. Just a -50% effectivness to ams in pvp left. Then you might actually need some skill to play sold.
    Stop smoking crack man. Engis don't only lower our def by a BIG chunk but they are also immune to our specials. Nt's completely bypass any reflects. Traders don't only nulify our defense, they steal it and get 100% reflect themselves.

Let's not forget that soldiers get the lowest NR in game so we have no chance of resisting these nanos.

As for the rest of the profs you mentioned they all have great defenses against soldiers. Either through debuffs, cc, heals or evades.

The only prof that a soldier handily beats every time 1 vs 1 is keeper and that is true ONLY if the keeper refuses to run AND if the soldier had ams up.
    About half of the profs in ao easily beats a soldier 1 vs 1. So why is it so bad that we can own keepers? Rly?

You can't be pissed because a group of soldiers take you and your 30k hp down quick. Any 3 ppl from any profs can kill you. It's natural that you die to a group.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Jan 3rd, 2010 at 18:12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    About half of the profs in ao easily beat my soldier 1 vs 1.
    Fixed for you.

Think I'm kinda alone on rk2 tl7 to not use LE nukes in pvp (mostly becose it kinda feels like playing another profession without having to go through all the hassle of growing another toon). So I do couple months of off focus then swap to def focus for a couple months... probably going off focus (after 4 months of def played) soon.

Ams would definitively be, by far, the most op defense if it didn't have soooo many holes in it. Honestly, I have no idea how a soldier manages to ams for 1m20 without each time getting it stolen by br. Br, ri, gth, le nukes on fixers etc are way too strong.

Balance should have focused on taming down those nanoes, turning breed perks into breed-profession perks (opi blind on a agent is quite good but crappy on a nt, for example). Giving some lub to the 2-3 professions that are weaker, dealing with some professions being rooted a lot and without much work, fc could have been done with balancing. But hey, it is still very possible they really made the good choice... time will tell.

I don't see soldiers as op in pvp... they have stinky nr, low rs, barely any offensive nanoes/cc nanoes. Their main defense is completely op, but also completely inexistant depending on the situation.

They definitively are completely op in pvm though. But there are at least 4 professions in that same boat so not a big worry as long as others get a role (making nt dmg dealers was a bright idea to give them a role there, for example).
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    They definitively are completely op in pvm though.
    What makes you think that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

All those things they can solo better than anyone else and with ease!
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

My experience in pvm .
    Great tank, high dmg, ranged, able to kite and great team buffs. This is not all but does point to soldiers being ubah at pvm.

And this, because contrarily to pvp, ams is reliable in pvm.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Fixed for you.
    Well my soldier isn't 100% yet. But I haven't gotten any bad reviews from ppl who actually met me ig. Or plays the game at all.

Soldiers are still good atm? Dont see why u are crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbluebear View Post
    Soldiers are still good atm? Dont see why u are crying.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc

this comes to mind

how can missing all perks, then hitting with 1 bullet on burst for 800 dmg and missing full auto completely on fixers advies MA shades, doing 0 dmg to engies/MPs with coon/blocks up
    Yeah, because they are always up and it's OH! so hard to clear 5 blockers, even without microphone.

on mp blokkers you only need 2 special to clear them but on engi bloks need 4 special
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    im all about paper pvp
    Tic Tak Toe pr0
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    Great tank,
    For single mobs.

high dmg
    Depends on the build, although no soldiers are slouches.

ranged
    Can't fire while moving and buying backpacks full of ammo bricks sure is fun, although ammo boxes have helped with it. Also, there's no real advantage to being ranged in PvM other than initiating the attack from farther away.

able to kite
    The fact that mobs now have unlimited range has severely limited that, especially if a mob decides it doesn't feel like running around.

great team buffs
    The team buffs are things soldiers would use by themselves, and are not casted for the benefit of the team - the designer merely let them be shared with the team. A soldier never goes, "Wow, I'm in a team, better cast augment fight."

And if the team buffs are so great, why does everyone always want the soldier to disable their aura and give everyone RRFE?

This is not all but does point to soldiers being ubah at pvm.
    Soldiers thrive in team environments. Outside of teams they're solid performers, but nowhere near what you'd get from an evade/healing prof. I will submit, however, that Arid Rift seems to be almost perfectly balanced for soldier soloing.

And this, because contrarily to pvp, ams is reliable in pvm.
    I have been killed under AMS in PvM more times than I would like to count.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast