Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: An idea - The Ultimate Grind (tm).

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    Why would I wanna destroy my 220 main, which is perfect money farmer for my alts and friends?
    you wouldnt have to if you didnt want to. some muds after reaching the highest level in that game, you acutally have to type in a command to reset your character back to base level. if you didnt want to reset your character, you would just simply never type in that command and even if you did type it in, you would be givin an option to decline the reset just incase you had second thoughts.

in the mud i used to play, there were 1st tear characters and 2nd tear characters. the 2nd tear characters were the reborn toons but in turn, were stronger, faster, beter armor choices, had more ability to do more things cause they were so called experts in that field, and yes, you would be able to keep all your items you had before you were reborn. some of the restrictions you would have is that your breed would not change nor your profession. you would get called something different for your profession (kinda like the current title level names for the different professions we currently have)

bump for an awsome idea. i would do it with my agent if i was able to equip a full set of ql 300 symbs at a resonable level of twinking and the option for some other proffesions sl nanos.
    Last edited by Gomer_pile; Aug 20th, 2006 at 22:33:39.
    Mouadiib - Crat (220) - Main
    Crishian - MP (220) - PVP MP
    Willitankit - Enfo (220) - I wanna sammich!
    Haliy - Doc (220) - Research galore... fun fun :/
    Xaii - Agent (220) - In hiding
    Vindeta - Engi (220) - TS Engi
    Vindetta - Soldier (220)
    Nisset - Shade (220)
    Mouaa - Trader (220)
    Rochambau - Froob Fixer (200)
    Lliaa - NT (126) - Ely kit xp powerlever
    Miserii - MP (100) Formans twink
    Kahluafix - Fix (60) GA3 totw twink

Iä! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The black goat with a thousand young!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Great Idea!

Bump for this!
    /disco

Best idea ever. Most people wont wanna reroll because there is alot of, well sentiment in the stuff they have collected, almost like memmories :P
    but if its still their Main with all that, just with their Genrep code "reset" (back to lvl 1, full IPR amount, etc) that would be really cool.

Some people just love their mains, and alts dont interest them. Replaying through with that main is a really really cool idea.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

I do not see characters as alts or mains, they are all my mains and I got many of them.

The obvious advantage to me is that you still keep your nodrop items. If you also restart fresh regarding resets would that be another very very obvious advantage.

I find it hard to argue against that and would probably do it unless the character is one I often use as it is.

I did this in muds in the last century.

I think the alternatives for rebirth perks should be debated thought. If we again could have threads and talks like during AI and SL beta once again perhaps, but such things doesn't come for free

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Great idea, I've played some games with rebirthing. I don't think you should be able to change your character at all though. No creation process. Probably just a facility you go to to be rebirthed. Maybe warps to newbie island, though maybe overpowereing doing that, so maybe not.

But my main point is: no ability to change breed or profession. You are what you are. Just leave it at the rebirth, possible perk line, or some other bonus. But definitely not changing of breed or profession. It's not a true rebirth if you aren't yourself...
    In a game where you "insure" yourself, to come back as a younger version of yourself, where you can remove your skills to pick up other skills, where you can "fall" from one world to end up in another...

So, at birth, are you "born" as a soldier? No, I would say that a rebirth is exactly that you do have room for new mistakes and choices, otherwise would it be just a repetition, review, "seeing the life flashing behind your eyes" kind of thing.

Anyway, people must want it to do it after all. Too many designs are great, except for that little detail.

Suffer not the witch to live.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

This is a freaking awesome idea. I'd love to see FC implement something like this. Would keep oldies around longer and might even bring back some players that got bored and left.

Changes should be very limited if allowed at all though. Maybe allow breed change only.

The tie-in to LE's xp/sk research system is a nice idea too, have it all go towards your faction's research pool.

Do it!

Would be lots of fun.

then vets can just sit in kite teams all day!!

This is a lovely idea, i however think it should be locked to 220 only (my closest is 215, but it sure would make me wanna go all the way up, then go back down)

bump for this great idea.

actually I am quite surprised to see such a proposal, it is particular implementation of one of my game development ideas. Being a CS student, programmer and a person lived trough hundreds of my virtual occurances I often think of what is the game I would like to develop after I get a chance.

For now I was thinking that MMO will be the ganre because there is no way an experience against npc to be able to change one where living people form the world.
    Still there is one think I strongly dislike in nowadays MMOs, the limitted template they follow. Tanks, healers, grind, items... you always know there is some variation of the theme. The worst thing..you never die.

Here comes my idea which corresponds closely to what the op proposes. You know how people inherit features from their parents. The same way MMOs can allow players not to play one character but a whole family. You grind , you die, you get some traits from you "father" and this way an enormous decision / traits tree can be formed by which no two characters will be the same. I am rdy to leave the game each time I see the next keeper my size, my face, my equip and guess what .. my perk setup. Its like having freedom to choose 1 option from 1 option list.

So to sum it up I fully support the idea, its not exactly the same with what I plan to realise when I get a chance in one way or another but it will still offer great variety.

Yeah, well, of course it's not the same. To be quite honest, them implementing something like that to AO would be even more unlikely than them implementing what I'm suggesting would be. ;p THe most obvious problem is that AO's too limited as an MMO for anything like that so it'd make any kind of sense, which comes from the fact that its roots are in the year 2001 or so.

Where is the blood I was promised?!

I am invincible!

secks.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

I am but a humble servant!

Unhappy

no FC comments for this great idea ??

I saw this is a ripoff idea from ragnorak...but...

it'd bring a new generation of twinks....new type of twink pvp....
    something like:
    you got wtfpwned by a 12th gen Nanomage MP
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast