Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trader Suggestion Thread - Updated for 18.7.xx

Trader Suggestion Thread - Updated for 18.7.xx

Ok since our other suggestion thread is pretty ancient and I almost had an asthma attack from the sheer number of cobwebs it had, it's time to bring this into 2015. The catalogue will serve as a one-stop location for Michi for any and all concerns that we might have, making both his and our lives, easier.

This thread is for the discussion and posting of suggestions listed here.

Keep poop-flinging to a minimum, try to keep the ludicrous ideas at the door and please post your suggestions in the following example format:

Suggestion: Make Traders Uber!
    Nanoline (Optional): Deprive
    Description: Make Trader Deprive remove 4000 to all skills!
    Last edited by Raggy; Apr 11th, 2015 at 01:57:54.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I have already posted my own suggestions to the catalogue thread, feel free to pick them apart or add your own suggestions.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Change the hostile part of drains to a AAO, Heal Eff. and Nano dmg. drain. Keep the skills on the beneficial part (and maybe add some Heal Eff and Nano dmg.).

People will hate traders and call their drains OP even if they only drained 50 skill points. I personally never understood why it was cool to have a profession that could completely shutdown a lot of other (mainly nano dependent) professions, and that in order to partake in pvp you'd have to have alternate hotbars filled with nano from 20 levels past that you had to swap to in case you met one of those buggers. With this change everyone will function exactly as they do before they meet the trader, just at a lower efficiency. And it will make drains stronger in pvm, which I feel is a place traders are lacking (especially while leveling). The beneficial part of the drains will naturally have to stay unchanged (or buffed as proposed), since that is an inherent part of how traders work. I believe that with this change it would be possible to further increase the size of the debuff without too much opposition, thus granting traders more (much needed) effective defense.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by wyldebeast View Post
    Change the hostile part of drains to a AAO, Heal Eff. and Nano dmg. drain. Keep the skills on the beneficial part (and maybe add some Heal Eff and Nano dmg.).

People will hate traders and call their drains OP even if they only drained 50 skill points. I personally never understood why it was cool to have a profession that could completely shutdown a lot of other (mainly nano dependent) professions, and that in order to partake in pvp you'd have to have alternate hotbars filled with nano from 20 levels past that you had to swap to in case you met one of those buggers. With this change everyone will function exactly as they do before they meet the trader, just at a lower efficiency. And it will make drains stronger in pvm, which I feel is a place traders are lacking (especially while leveling). The beneficial part of the drains will naturally have to stay unchanged (or buffed as proposed), since that is an inherent part of how traders work. I believe that with this change it would be possible to further increase the size of the debuff without too much opposition, thus granting traders more (much needed) effective defense.
    That's actually a pretty reasonable way of dealing with the problem. Added to the catalogue.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Had a thought earlier, during one of my moments of insanity, what if we got a summonable item in the same vein as SWS or Zset that granted us a reasonable amount of AAD/Evades and cost creds to summon each time?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

So I was checking Decision by Committee on Test.. And here are some numbers.

On High AC:
    VP - Internal Affairs hit Punching Bug for 321 points of melee damage. Critical hit!
    VP - Operations hit Punching Bug for 105 points of melee damage.
    VP - Public Relations hit Punching Bug for 105 points of melee damage.
    VP - Marketing hit Punching Bug for 105 points of melee damage.

On Low/No AC:
    VP - Internal Affairs hit Punching Bag for 1044 points of melee damage.
    VP - Operations hit Punching Bag for 651 points of melee damage.
    VP - Public Relations hit Punching Bag for 981 points of melee damage.
    VP - Marketing hit Punching Bag for 1063 points of melee damage.
    VP - Internal Affairs hit Punching Bag for 452 points of melee damage.
    VP - Operations hit Punching Bag for 852 points of melee damage.
    VP - Public Relations hit Punching Bag for 1483 points of melee damage. Critical hit!
    VP - Marketing hit Punching Bag for 798 points of melee damage.

Also they seem to be hitting quite slow compaired to other 220 pets.

Seems they're a nice bonus on RK, but will be barrely noticable in SL.. I would love to see their base damage adjusted so that their more usefull in SL, because 105 damage isn't really much at endgame .

Quote Originally Posted by Solams View Post
    So I was checking Decision by Committee on Test.. And here are some numbers.

On High AC:
    VP - Internal Affairs hit Punching Bug for 321 points of melee damage. Critical hit!
    VP - Operations hit Punching Bug for 105 points of melee damage.
    VP - Public Relations hit Punching Bug for 105 points of melee damage.
    VP - Marketing hit Punching Bug for 105 points of melee damage.

On Low/No AC:
    VP - Internal Affairs hit Punching Bag for 1044 points of melee damage.
    VP - Operations hit Punching Bag for 651 points of melee damage.
    VP - Public Relations hit Punching Bag for 981 points of melee damage.
    VP - Marketing hit Punching Bag for 1063 points of melee damage.
    VP - Internal Affairs hit Punching Bag for 452 points of melee damage.
    VP - Operations hit Punching Bag for 852 points of melee damage.
    VP - Public Relations hit Punching Bag for 1483 points of melee damage. Critical hit!
    VP - Marketing hit Punching Bag for 798 points of melee damage.

Also they seem to be hitting quite slow compaired to other 220 pets.

Seems they're a nice bonus on RK, but will be barrely noticable in SL.. I would love to see their base damage adjusted so that their more usefull in SL, because 105 damage isn't really much at endgame .
    Higher Damage/AR added to the catalogue of suggestions
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I know we just got the PDKP but I would love to see an upgrade for the Vektor ND Grand Wyrm, something along the lines of 425-625(1250) + fling shot, or something else that will give DPS comparable to MA or dual-wield traders.

Quote Originally Posted by Epikxs View Post
    I know we just got the PDKP but I would love to see an upgrade for the Vektor ND Grand Wyrm, something along the lines of 425-625(1250) + fling shot, or something else that will give DPS comparable to MA or dual-wield traders.
    I'm not sure ramping up the numbers on 2-handed Shotguns is the right way to go about solving the problem of dual-wielding being as powerful as it is, but I'll add it to the catalogue anyway
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Retracted until I have rechecked some numbers.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Apr 28th, 2015 at 08:55:03. Reason: Retracted.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this post probably should have been a PM to start with.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Apr 28th, 2015 at 09:39:30.

Pardon me I must have been mistaken.

I must have been confused. I'll retract all my suggestions until I'm more clear on the cooldowns.

Thanks for pointing that out Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I'm not sure ramping up the numbers on 2-handed Shotguns is the right way to go about solving the problem of dual-wielding being as powerful as it is, but I'll add it to the catalogue anyway
    Dual-wielding has been pretty much broken from day 1, and now that Agents and Keepers(?), traditional singlewielders (Rifle and 2he) do better damage with dualwielding it seems that it may be the damage distribution system that needs looking at. At this point there really is no reason, other than for PVP and other than being an NT (and if Candycane setups are still solid in 18.7, maybe not even then), to not dual-wield. There's never been a penalty for doing so because the game just doesn't support that kind of logic (i.e. there's no "shield" that you can equip in your offhand or loss of abilities attributed to the lack of a free hand).
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I'd like to see the health haggler line (or at least improved health haggler) changed to a % based heal. That thing has just felt off since they made add. dmg work for nanos, punishing you for having more +energy damage. Improved health haggler would be something like hit self 4% dmg, give target 12% which would also improve traders utility in raids etc...

Big question:
    Why do drains no longer carry a -AAO in pvm? Ruined by PvP again? So drains must be worthless now and only beneficial for some AR or to keep a lowbie's weapon out of OE? Um.. No one sees the problem here? The traders main go-to is worthless in pvm. Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonj View Post
    Big question:
    Why do drains no longer carry a -AAO in pvm? Ruined by PvP again? So drains must be worthless now and only beneficial for some AR or to keep a lowbie's weapon out of OE? Um.. No one sees the problem here? The traders main go-to is worthless in pvm. Wtf?
    Because CP and IS are now usable in PvM.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Because CP and IS are now usable in PvM.
    But what good is that for leveling traders?

Edit:
    And still. Drains are now nothing more than a chore to buff our damage in line with everything else. They need to do something, even if it's a small something. It's silly otherwise and pretty lame.
    Last edited by Brandonj; May 31st, 2015 at 16:56:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonj View Post
    But what good is that for leveling traders?
    Here is a very good and updated site for you to do research on, there are lower versions of those buffs.
    https://aoitems.com/nano/prof/trader/
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Here is a very good and updated site for you to do research on, there are lower versions of those buffs.
    https://aoitems.com/nano/prof/trader/
    Thank you, I was unaware of that.

But it still stands, skill drains need to do a lil something. It is a chore disguised as buffing.

It's pointless to drain a mob with regular drains (well not pointless, it buffs your weapon/nanoskills) since only -aao will actually do something when it comes to them hitting you/damage they do, this has been verified by Michi in some other thread.
    -aad makes you crit them more, so that's always nice.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast