Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My dear friends and self supporting individuals..... where's our fixer pride?

I'll level up, gather more data, try calling sometime, etc

I dont have damage dumper but a soldier friend of mine has it and is running it in team situations, not to post his uber damage but to see his own damage compared to others.

We used to raid a lot together and had all kinds of teams and teamates - level ranges from 170 to 200. I was usually the lowest.

The 99% of dd report was - 1. place my sol friend 2. place me. At that time he was around 6-8 levels higher than me.
    He is very good sol imo, at least compared to others around his level I had chance to team with (and od usually). And I dont consider myself some uber fixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    I dont have damage dumper but a soldier friend of mine has it and is running it in team situations, not to post his uber damage but to see his own damage compared to others.

We used to raid a lot together and had all kinds of teams and teamates - level ranges from 170 to 200. I was usually the lowest.

The 99% of dd report was - 1. place my sol friend 2. place me. At that time he was around 6-8 levels higher than me.
    He is very good sol imo, at least compared to others around his level I had chance to team with (and od usually). And I dont consider myself some uber fixer.
    Kaylinne is UIT - Uber In Training.

<3 Kay-Kay

*blushes*

<3 Breaksie

I love being a fixer.. sometimes.

I love..
    -Always getting picked as a "DD". I have no problem oding many profs other than pistol soldiers, and shades. (I can respect that since I still see fixer as a soldier with support nanos instead of offensive ones.)
    -The awesome looks fixers can use .. I mean sunglasses as an armor? woot!
    -being faster than everyone else
    -Evades
    -SWS <- so happy this is better than the best non prof backitems ingame and its so cheap!

I hate..
    -People who underestimate us.
    -Getting teamed asked for ncu and them kicking me (grr apf)
    -Silly random buffs we have for no purpose to us other than to buff other people (backpain)
    Sakuranbo 220 MA
    Kyuutihoni - 216 FIX
    Darksister 215 MP
    Foxycrat 195 CRAT
    Nanozaps 185 NT
    Islashjoo 184 ENF
    Shadydream 169 SHADE
    Ryogasama 162 ENG
    Nekonuku 160 ADV
    Starrynyght 160 AGENT
    *And many more!*
    *Proud Advisor of Bug Busters* (RK2)

I have loved playing a fixer since I first started AO, I don't care at all that I can do loads of damage or not but we are a very self sufficient profession and I like being able to go do just about anything I like and probably survive.
    I was a Froob til over 100 and even though I think we do lose a bit of our effectiveness in SL our self sufficiency doesn't really change.
    As for Jujuwalkers hinting a fixercon sounds freakin awesome for fixers all, and I like even better Hilo's suggesions for some activities that us crazy gits can do that would make an impression without even having to eerr... raise our damage output or somethin Perhaps a fixercon and some collective scheming could make that happen. I've met lots of good players who be fixers (a few of ya's too who be posting in this thread) and I'm in for concerted fixer antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublivion View Post
    I have loved playing a fixer since I first started AO, I don't care at all that I can do loads of damage or not but we are a very self sufficient profession and I like being able to go do just about anything I like and probably survive.
    I played advies when I first started..... all lovechildren deleted because they simply bored me (melee type, I still have one ranged).

My fixer on the other hand I fell in love with at newb island and still am. Yes, we are selfsufficient and that is great atribute for all free and proud souls not willing to bend and play as others want them to

"My pride or Why I chose Fixer...."

I think part of the Fixer pride is (as quite a number have stated) the "style over substance"... acknowledging that we are/were gimped, getting over it, and just having fun...

Our very own (and only at this point in time) professional stated that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratink
    It's actually a bannable offense for a fixer to wear a helmet other then Shades, skinchips, or a circlet. Sorry.....
    Now seriously, find another profession where you can pick up something useful (say armour) and something not-so-useful (say sunglasses or a bikini) and go "What the heck it's only a game, I may as well look good while hecklering/missioning/pvping/sitting at reclaim/etc and pick up the completely useless but sociable item..."

Now as most of page two and a bit of page one and three discussed, we're not all that gimpy (anymore) so choosing the "gimped but fun" option of Fixer isn't really truthful anymore.
    I think part of what draws people (to the Fixer profession) IS the 'style', the 'mystique'... as far as the storyline is concerned we ARE the mysterious shadowy group, we're not the soldiers lining up to heroically defend against the aliens, we're not the engineer's building everything from armour to guns to yalm's, we're not enforcer's, meta-physicists or any other profession, no, we're Fixer's, we lie, cheat, steal, hack, avoid, dodge, meep, live in the shadows, we hack things we're not supposed to have, we're mysterious... People see an agent walk past with a sniper rifle and go "well, gee, I guess he's a sniper" and a Doctor is yes olde medic, but what's a Fixer...??? "mmm gee, well he Fixes things", "but isn't that an engineer?", "no, an engineer fixes things, a Fixer, he FIXES things... you know what I mean, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more..."

I know why I chose Fixer, it wasn't because it was there... or that the friend (who played engineer) who introduced me to Anarchy Online said it might be for me... no I chose it because it was a Fixer, because it sounded cool, like no other... there's that something, that indefinable something that no other profession has... Any old atrox can pick up a rifle and shoot, or a treatment kit and heal.... but how many can be, and truly be, a Fixer.

Looks back and WHOA that was far more than I thought... anyway theres my pride, now for the fun, when's the next Fixercon, where will it be, when's someone going to find a Fixer hang-out/bar/whatever for the "Hacker's Club" (Linky#1 & Linky#2) and who's organising all this....
    Last edited by Draeger; Sep 11th, 2006 at 10:02:35.
    Draeger/Rimor/Fixer | Sunglasses are a religion....

Quote Originally Posted by Aratink
    It's actually a bannable offense for a fixer to wear a helmet other then Shades, skinchips, or a circlet...
    Pafpuf - I'm not much of a roleplayer, but damn this sentance rocked

Quote Originally Posted by Draeger View Post
    Any old atrox can pick up a rifle and shoot, or a treatment kit and heal.... but how many can be, and truly be, a Fixer.
    I'm not much of a roleplayer, but damn this sentance rocked

i first rolled a fixer when i saw one with gamma ejector at lvl 100ish owning my damage (being ma newb i tought MA skill is only needed for ma special attacks), fixers got a special place in my pants ever since

nerf fixers. and breaks in particular...comon funcom give keepers some lubbin!!!

and on fixers not getting teams, it seems like a lot of fixers (and MAs too) have this god complex in the game ("I don't need healing") because of their uber evades.
    what a pain in the arse to team with especially when you're playin a doc and don't heal the fixer . For that reason, I, and many people in my org, only team fixers I know personally or by reputation.

I'm not even going to touch tl7 pvping.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by gelitche View Post
    nerf fixers. and breaks in particular...comon funcom give keepers some lubbin!!!

and on fixers not getting teams, it seems like a lot of fixers (and MAs too) have this god complex in the game ("I don't need healing") because of their uber evades.
    what a pain in the arse to team with especially when you're playin a doc and don't heal the fixer . For that reason, I, and many people in my org, only team fixers I know personally or by reputation.

*pokes Rube with tl7 pvp*

Nerf me? Well, at least I don't need healing

Fixer For Life. The are Only 2 kinds of Professions in this game:

Fixer and Fixer-Support
    The Mockers
    SUMMON THAT AMMO BABY!!
    Join the Mockers

Quote Originally Posted by gelitche View Post

Who said we dont need healing.......
    If I am unlucky enough to get myself into position to tank things I definitely expect doc to heal me and not muse over some nontanking enfs health - been there, seen that, died pissed off

I really hate tanking but one of the most entertaining things I did lately was tanking obediency enforcer or whatever that big bot thing is called. I had 3 froobs in team healing me - 180ish doc, 200ish sol and 180ish mp...... they were all simply great and my hp never dropped under 50% though I kept aggro all the way and that mob hits pretty hard

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Who said we dont need healing.......
    If I am unlucky enough to get myself into position to tank things I definitely expect doc to heal me and not muse over some nontanking enfs health - been there, seen that, died pissed off

I really hate tanking but one of the most entertaining things I did lately was tanking obediency enforcer or whatever that big bot thing is called. I had 3 froobs in team healing me - 180ish doc, 200ish sol and 180ish mp...... they were all simply great and my hp never dropped under 50% though I kept aggro all the way and that mob hits pretty hard
    Tanking smug and freddy is fun. Smug has notably more AR than Eel - while dragging Eel to the other base for people to turn guns in I got hit a lot less than I do while killing smug, but freddy has pretty crappy AR, so even though he hits almost twice as hard he's a lot easier to tank as a fixer.

I'm not as crazy as Pafpuf though, I'd never agree to tank the beast.

My question for all non-fixers?

1- Looted a Synd Shades and 2 PB pieces
    2- Killed 5 dryads looking for phatz
    3- Looted 3 165+ Novictums
    4- Killed Soul Dredge looking for phatz
    5- Looted 1 Sarhir PB piece
    6- Looted Skill of the Highlander
    7- Checked my Shop
    8- Bought Spirit Aids in Pen
    9- Joined for Start of Zods E/W

What did you do in the first 15mins you where online?

Fixer rules.
    Nuet Fixer with all garden keys... rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
    OK, ffs. just hit F10 go to the control panel, open up GUI options and disable Lag.
    ANi.
    --zanni--
    --calissa--
    --soadoc--
    *SoA* ~Leets!~

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Big diff ? I don't think so. (bottom left corner ^^)

Check out how many soldiers there are behind me too. As a fixer I'm top DD every raid (unless I slack ) so from my personal experience I can't say fixers are bad DDers unless you're doing something wrong.

I nearly OD'd you on my shade and I wasnt allowed to start before 50% in the fight... *taunts* *evacs*
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    .tell mp ok I have my pets out - kick the trader when you're done with him."And they did!
    this story made me sad
    so many ignorant self-serving jerks out there

Quote Originally Posted by Jomish View Post
    we add exceedingly litttle, even with q300 alien weps we are smack dab in the middle or low-middle of DD --- plenty of other classes match us and provide more team utility or they just plain outstrip us as DD
    I was regularly OD'd in pen/inf mish by good fixers wielding a pair of machine pistols on my way from 215-220 on my ma. Sided mobs like those found in SL mish have high AC, so this may have worked out different if I had BoB's at the time, but still...good fixers can definitely dish out the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomish View Post
    what can I say. I hope to be proven six kinds of wrong at 220.
    awesome quote
    Last edited by Vlain; Sep 15th, 2006 at 11:42:28.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

i don't know what other people think but im proud to have a fixer!
    imho fixers are the best looking profession in the game
    double my core!
    RK2--multicore--210 [ai19] soli soljah
    RK2--mulltifix--84 [ai8] opi fiXX0rz
    RK2--multipunch--152 [ai10] phatass troxie MA
    proud memeber of Insanity Inc.

And hell, we have the best charachter creation screen avatar :P
    Xfinity, 150 Fixer - Atlantean

Proud member of The Red Brotherhood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123