Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's talk about new stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Yeah heaven forbid at least one class can reliably root you.
    My honest opinion: at this point no. And it's not like you couldn't recast that root after Rage goes into cooldown.

I'd rather see Rage lose the ability to remove hostile programs and have our Nemesis nano reworked to be able to remove all hostile nanos (UBT, CC, Drains, etc). That to me is more useful to the profession than swapping pvp targets to myself. Run speed was removed from Rage so that makes Enforcers one of the slower profs at ~1500ish RS. Even with GSF that only puts an Enforcer at 2200ish RS. Seeing as how bizarre the Enforcer changes have been I'd say that's the least FC could throw our way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    My honest opinion: at this point no. And it's not like you couldn't recast that root after Rage goes into cooldown.

I'd rather see Rage lose the ability to remove hostile programs and have our Nemesis nano reworked to be able to remove all hostile nanos (UBT, CC, Drains, etc). That to me is more useful to the profession than swapping pvp targets to myself. Run speed was removed from Rage so that makes Enforcers one of the slower profs at ~1500ish RS. Even with GSF that only puts an Enforcer at 2200ish RS. Seeing as how bizarre the Enforcer changes have been I'd say that's the least FC could throw our way.
    What what? I didn't realise runspeed was taken off it. What's that supposed to solve? o.O Runspeed wasn't the problem, in fact it made Enforcers stand a chance with melee range, the issue was ridiculous NR and ability to remove all non NT CC. Sigh.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Rage keeps the NR boost, ability to remove most CC and the damage shield, but Hellish Rage had its req increased.

The other part of that problem was that Enforcers had the RS to -always- get away. I'm glad that portion was removed because it no longer makes sense from the standpoint that SL essences don't reduce run speed.

That being the case, however, means that Enforcers are now severely effected by melee range and FC hasn't yet decided what tool will be used to maintain that range.

Of course none of that really matters or pertains to the fact that it's not exactly overpowered post rebalance for Enforcers to have the ability to remove, say up to 5 hostile nanos from all nano schools in descending order of ncu cost once every 20 seconds or so. With the new focus on team play I find it hard to believe that another hostile buff -wouldn't- be incoming inside of 20 seconds. Roots and Snares will be able to be used independently so breaking one with rage just means the casting of another line for CC profs. I don't see that as any more powerful than Shades ruining casting for 6 seconds or Soldiers killing healing even easier.
    Last edited by Kopecz; Dec 1st, 2010 at 02:13:52.

If I, as a Neutral Agent with ... I think 500ish RS from gear can make 2400 RS with GSF to hit the cap, so can you! Especially considering tokenboards, I'm seeing about 1700 RS before GSF, so you definitely hit the cap there.

Also, on the subject of rage:

CC should land reliably. I'm a bit disappointed by 90-100% checks. I was hoping more for 50-60% checks given the short durations and incoming means to "close the gap". With a 1200 NR buff, for I think what is pretty average (but I could be wrong), a total of 3k NR you will be harder to reroot than anyone else, especially since it can't be spammed until it lands but will invoke a 20s CD on cast.

Rage should be basically one of the only ways to break CC, but if both are on a 10s CD, it's going to be worse off for the CC user because they have to actually land the hostile nanos on 3k NR to get an effect, the Enf just spams the rage button every 10s.

If the "close the gap" nano is any good, I'd hope for at least 13-15 seconds CD on rage so that there's a bit of time where the ranged person can make up some distance that will be instantly closed.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    If I, as a Neutral Agent with ... I think 500ish RS from gear can make 2400 RS with GSF to hit the cap, so can you! Especially considering tokenboards, I'm seeing about 1700 RS before GSF, so you definitely hit the cap there.
    Cap is going up after rebalance. You can find it in Means posts.
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    Cap is going up after rebalance. You can find it in Means posts.
    I didn't realise all the sync issues were fixed.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

First off, as you well know, and point out often, some of us are not sided.

Also, on the subject of rage:

CC should land reliably. I'm a bit disappointed by 90-100% checks. I was hoping more for 50-60% checks given the short durations and incoming means to "close the gap". With a 1200 NR buff, for I think what is pretty average (but I could be wrong), a total of 3k NR you will be harder to reroot than anyone else, especially since it can't be spammed until it lands but will invoke a 20s CD on cast.
    I agree that the checks should be lower, but more like 75%-80%, not 50%. Also, Enfs are not the only prof who can get that kind of NR, much less the high CC resistance of certain profs like Adventurers and Fixers, so singling one profession out as being "hard to reroot" doesn't do the conversation justice. Secondly, the CC prof nanos released so far show that Fixers and Crats both still have snares AND roots and both of them are on their own cooldowns, so while single lines are no longer spamable alternating roots and snares will be more viable. Let that enf rage out of the snare and then root them immediately. So in reality it will be -better- for the CC user because they have multiple options to use simultaneously.

If the "close the gap" nano is any good,
    Let's be honest: you and I both know it won't be.
    Last edited by Kopecz; Dec 1st, 2010 at 18:57:48.

First off, as you well know, and point out often, some of us are not sided.
    They're not balancing around Neutrals though. They have to consider what a prof can do, not what they choose not to. That's just... how it is. FC is just colossally apathetic about Neutrals.

I agree that the checks should be lower, but more like 75%-80%, not 50%. Also, Enfs are not the only prof who can get that kind of NR, much less the high CC resistance of certain profs like Adventurers and Fixers, so singling one profession out as being "hard to reroot" doesn't do the conversation justice. Secondly, the CC prof nanos released so far show that Fixers and Crats both still have snares AND roots and both of them are on their own cooldowns, so while single lines are no longer spamable alternating roots and snares will be more viable. Let that enf rage out of the snare and then root them immediately. So in reality it will be -better- for the CC user because they have multiple options to use simultaneously.
    Or it works something like this: Snare the Enf, rage out of it, cast root, resist, both on 20s CD. That's alot WORSE than the current situation, with the current def checks. Also, to be fair, you probably never rooted the Advy or Fixer to begin with, so it wouldn't be rerooting. You might have rooted a non-raged Enf. Oh, 3k was just a number. I'm pretty sure Enf NR is the highest in game, excluding NR3+ perked toons. NR2 Agents only sit around 3100 or so.

Let's be honest: you and I both know it won't be.
    Maybe it will... You never know.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

The problem about sides is that if you aren't sided, then why should PVP aspects of the game take that into consideration at all? You're neutral ... you're not supposed to PVP, right?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    The problem about sides is that if you aren't sided, then why should PVP aspects of the game take that into consideration at all? You're neutral ... you're not supposed to PVP, right?
    *resubscribes to thread and grabs popcorn*
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    *resubscribes to thread and grabs popcorn*
    I'm not even gonna touch that one... Not in a thread where the opposing side has moderation powers at least
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Derailing your own thread that could be a productive discussion for enforcers, that's productive.

I appreciate that you're trying to get dialogue going but save your opinions about neutrals for some other forum area please. It does not belong here.

I'm just setting context. I'm not against neturals wanting to PVP if they want to, but considering the 'neutral' factor for balancing PVP makes about as much sense as considering someone's shoesize for balancing.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I'm just setting context. I'm not against neturals wanting to PVP if they want to, but considering the 'neutral' factor for balancing PVP makes about as much sense as considering someone's shoesize for balancing.
    Neutral runspeed isn't really a balance issue. It's just a stupid bias that FC has. Moving on now.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Well there are innate advantages to being neutral. You can go almost anywhere unimpeded and with the xp rewards in SL on key quests you can do twice as many quests for xp virtually eliminating the need of a neutral to even hit inferno missions.

There are drawbacks ofc. You don't get your token board. Boo hoo. Its really not that much RS to start with and is hardly pvp or game breaking.

Edit: on with the thread
    "Can I have some shoes?"

/rage I cant believe the sh*t r doin to the enforcer...I need the Rage to either 1. run away from a Fight I cannot win 2. catch a fixer 3. run somewhere withot being killed 4. the obvious one deroot/snare myself 5. be able to hit twice a year when i am ubt'd and 6. raisde my nr to enough to survive a nt or a agent or any casting prof

Quote Originally Posted by halohitman View Post
    /rage I cant believe the sh*t r doin to the enforcer...I need the Rage to either 1. run away from a Fight I cannot win 2. catch a fixer 3. run somewhere withot being killed 4. the obvious one deroot/snare myself 5. be able to hit twice a year when i am ubt'd and 6. raisde my nr to enough to survive a nt or a agent or any casting prof
    All that in a single button ??? How dare they nerf that ?? Seriusly??
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Metafizis, I take it you have never touched the enforcer proffession....ever. Rage gets me away from the nt casting burden of atlas and casting triplers.....I need the init to be able to kill the agent tht is fpodoc and ubt'd me and keeps CH'in, I need the rs to get away from guess what? actual npcs!! OMG THIS GAME ISNT ALL ABOUT PVP! and also to catch the wussy fixer tht runs the second i hit him.abd spam my absorbs while once again actual PvM and tryin too survive a shade.

My newby sense is going crazy!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast