Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1-100 Guide UPDATED

1-100 Guide UPDATED

Simple outline on how to get the best start on RK as a keeper!

STARTING OUT

BREED
    In this section I will ONLY outline the breed advantages/disadvantages for the first 100 levels, for more advanced breed tactics please refer to my other guide which is stickied in the keeper guides thread.
    ATROX: A hefty fella to say the least

Advantages:
    1.Green Stam
    2.Green Strength
    3.More HP
    4.Others

1.STAMINA
    Your 2he skill is 40% dependant on stamina, and having green stamina means you can increase your stamina with very minimal ips meaning your 2he skill will be a be cheaper than all the other breeds. Also a lot of decent armour for keepers are stamina dependant so atroxes have an easier time equipping these armours. Other important skills dependant on stamina are:

body dev. which means you have cheaper HP.
    Brawling, a skill required for kyr'ozch sword type 112s and a great attack to have since it has a chance of stunning your opponent
    Run speed, being faster is never bad eh

2.STRENGTH
    Your 2he skill is 60% dependant on strength which means that you get cheaper 2he skills. Armour again is strength dependant such as tier armour and CAS. Other skills dependant on str are:

brawling again, for better brawls
    runspeed again
    sensory improvement is 20% dependant on strength, this can be useful for casting your weapon buffs

3.HP
    How do you die? Your HP is reduced to 0, so having more HP means it takes longer for you to die, simple yet very effective way of extending your lifespan. Atroxes also get 4 HP for every body dev. point they raise so base HP will be a lot higher than the other breeds.

4.Others
    Silken Legchopper gloves: 40 2he in glove slot

Disadvantages

1.Intelligence
    2.Psychic
    3.Sense

1.Intelligence
    All your nanoskills and also computer literacy are highly dependant on int (80-100%) having dark blue int means it is very expensive in ips to keep this ability up to date, you may find you can't cast the nano your level allows. Computer literacy almost certainly will limit your ncu space as well. Treatment and First Aid are also half dependant on int and this means the implants and symbiants that are available to you are rather lower in quality. Also your speed skills are slightly dependant on int so you may find you attack slower than otehr breeds and also evade less.

2.Psychic
    Keeper auras cost a lot of nanopoints and since nanopool is 70% depedant on psychic and it is dark blu for troxes then you may find you will have trouble casting your auras at the required levels without some sort of nanocost reducing buff or lend nano buff from traders and MAs. Dimach is also psychic based and also most of the speed skills, so similarly for int your speed and nanoskills will be more expensive in terms of ip.

3.Sense
    Not so important but it does affect speed skills, some nanoskills, dimach and fastattack which is one of your main attacks since sense is 40% of that skill

NANOMAGE: Squishy and not recommended for a new player to chose

Advantages

1.Intelligence
    2.Psychic
    3.Nanopool
    4.Others

1.Intelligence
    Green intelligence means you have a cheaper ip cost in raising your intelligence, so as a consequence these skills will be higher:
    Nanoskills
    Evades
    Melee init
    Treatment
    First Aid

2.Psychic
    Main contributer to nanopool, will have an easier time getting enough max nano to cast those massive costing auras, also skilsl like dimach, inits, evades and nanoskills are dependant on this ability.

3.Nano
    Nanomages get 4 points of max nano every nanopool point they raise which means you have to spend less ip on that dark blue skill to be able to cast your nanos.

4.Others
    You can equip Shades of lucubration for a nice meaty 30 int/psy and also the nanomage unique sleeves: De'Valos Sleeves which add 30 to all nanoskills and also 30 ncu each (poor mans artih armour )

Disadvantages

1.Strength
    2.Agility
    3.HP

1.Str
    As you probably already figured out, str is kinda of a high priority for keepers so this being dark blue doesn't help a keeper much at all and therefore a lot of core skills of a keeper will be lower as a nanomage.

2.Agility
    Agility is also an important ability for a keeper to have, as keepers have quite decent evades later on, but having dark blue agility doesn't help a keeper in the speed department.

OPIFEX: Skinny fella, evades more than he hits

Advantages

1.Agility
    2.Sense

1.Agi
    Core skill that pops up in various different parts of a Keeper's toolset, evades and inits being 2 and also our main special: fastattack is 60% dependant on agility so you will generally find that an Opi keeper will have higher fastattack than other breeds. This ability also has another advantage, you can make a lot of custom implants that are dependant on agility and since agility is so easy to buff it means you can equip a lot higher quality implants, armour and other things on your keeper. Treatment is also a bit higher due to high agi

2.Sense
    Not such an important skill for a keeper but your evades, inits, fastattack and treatment are dependant on this ability partially. Opifexes have a cheap agi/sense so it makes sense to equip these armours this therefore naturally gears an opifex keeper to wear such armours as apocalypse leather/omni steel-ribbed and crawler/prowler armour which adds to evades and inits, helping the opifex keeper to survive.

Disadvantages

1.Stamina
    Stamina is such an important skill for keepers, as most armours later on the game will require it (especially tier armour) it also crops up in a lot of main keeper skills and having dark blue stamina means that an opifex keeper will have a harder time getting tier/mercenary on as well as 2he and brawl being lower than the other breeds.

SOLITUS: All-rounder

No advantages or disadvantages to speak of here, unless you count being equally good at everything as an advantage. Solitus do get a lot of nice stuff at higher levels though so don't completely shelf this breed . For the first 100 levels however you will probably find you will be behind atrox (and maybe even opifex) a bit but not by much. At least you won't have any troubles casting your nanos and you can put on any type of armour you wish with relative ease. IP consumption is also a little on the high side due to all abilities being blue. It's worth it in the end though so keep slugging at it!

YOUR FIRST STEPS

You make your keeper and Anarchy loads up: you find yourself inside a big hall. Start running forwards towards the 3 tunnels at the other end of the room and familiarise yourself with the WASD movement and mouse clicking. Once you've had enough of that make for the right hand tunnel which leads to the JOBE training area, you HAVE to start in there as a keeper (so no ai levels for j00).

You load up on a platform in a strange strange place, open your inventory up by pressing the "I" button and take a look at your starting items. First right click on your "projector" and a lil guy pops out and give you a brief intro to SL, useless but a ncie touch from FC . Ok lets take a look at the other more useful stuff, namely your weapon. The starter sword you start off with is the biggest PoS that you have ever seen but its all you have and you better equip it, to do this, just right click it.

Ok weapon done, next take a look at your healing items, you should have a starter coil and a starter first aid spindle, put these in your hotbar by clicking on them once and clicking again when your mouse is over your hotbar. One more thing you start with is a nanocrystal called "Keeper's Edge" which adds a nice 12 to your 2he skill, right click it and it will appear in your nanoprograms list and also on your hotbar for ease of use. One more thing: your Jobe bracer, you can equip it if you like as it has a +5 add all def mod which is small but better than nothing, the main thing this does is teleport you into the jobe Backyard until you are over level 16. To teleport, simply right click on the bracer. You end up on a platform with a bridge attached to it, run toward the bridge and talk to Drake Rodriguez, do all the missions you get from him (There are plenty of guides for these quests so i won't list them here).

SKILLS AND IP DISTRIBUTION

Since the 16.3 Patch, FC have introduced an automatic ip distributer that works until level 20: don't use it, it puts ips into places that you don't necessarily need at such a low level, these are the skills you should mainly focus on:

Agility: max this every level, implants and armour depend on this
    Strength: Max it, its a core keeper ability
    Stamina: Same as above, a few implants can be made to require stamina and it is the easier skill to buff at low levels
    Intelligence: All nanoskills are 80% dependant on this so unless you don't want to cast any nanos (not recommended) then you should max this skill
    Sense: If you are an opi then maybe you can afford this skill, but for any other breed you can easily survive without sense in the first 100 levels
    Psychic: Nanomages may raise this if they REALLY want (since its green for them) but even then its probably one of the Keeper's lowest priority skills in the first 100 levels.

Brawling: Only the kyr'ozch sword type 112 uses this skill, so unless you get one of those, leave this skill alone
    Dimach: Most keeper weapons have this special, its really not worth it at lower levels because the heal just won't be useful enough at its 1hr recharge.
    Riposte: Avoid weapons that require this ((Exact)Copy of the Excalibur and (Long)Sword of the Illuminated and Kyr'ozch Sword- type 880 are exceptions as they deal very good damage for their requirements) as this skill is nothing but a weapon requirement.

2he: Max skill at all times, its our primary weaponskill
    Fastattack: Our main special I like to keep mine maxed so I have a lower recharge time, but if you are tight on ips you can neglect this a little, Flurry of Blows also requires this skill and it is one of our main Add damage items.
    Parry: same as riposte, a broken skill that does nothing.

Melee init: I tend to max this as most of the weapons from 1-100 have relatively slow attack speeds, having high init also means you can start going defensive while

doing the same damage. N.B. any ql guardian conductor of speed adds 100 melee init (even ql 25) so it is great if you have a very low tower site.
    Nano init: Keepers don't have "active" nanos, you don't need this skill at all
    Dodge-rng: I would start putting IPs into this as you near level 100 (or if you start RK mission early then put it in earlier) because you will start to want to do tokens around then and RK mobs use ranged weapons.
    Evade Clsc: I max this as it's our cheapest evade skill and most mobs in SL that you will meet from level 1-100 check against this.
    Duck exp: I leave this well alone, you have more important places to put IPs in
    Nano Resist: Leave this alone, unless you are making a twink
    Run Speed: Being able to run fast is nice, but it isn't essential, if you have spare ips or are willing to sacrafice something else then you can put a few ips into this.

Computer literacy: Just because it's dark blue doesn't mean you have to be scared of it, very important skill for all professions so max it.

Bio Met: used in all our auras, only raise when you have an aura you want to cast
    Psy Mod: Same as above, but this skill is also used in our weapon buffs.
    Sense imp: Look above
    Time&space: Used in our procs for extra damage, again raise only when required.

First Aid: its a cheap skill and has saved me a few times when soloing, I maxed mine but you can neglect it if you stay in teams a lot
    Treatment: Arguably the most important skill in game, max at all times to equip better symbiants/implants

These are the only skills that you really need in the first 100 levels

EQUIPMENT

I always say that what's on the inside that counts. In the case of AO its your implants and utilities. Armour has a relatively low priority when it comes to twinking as if you can't twink implants, you can't twink armour.
    The basic shops on RK sell ready-made implants all the way to ql 100 and these should be fine to use up until level 60, upgrade as your funds and time allows. When you hit 60, this is a typical twinking time as it is the max level for The Temple of Three Winds. Buy the ql 125 empty implants and then put these clusters into them: Imp Config

NCU is such an important part of a keeper, your auras will require lots of ncu and at the moment, self-buffing myself at level 213 requires almost 500 ncu. Max intelligence, max comp lit, and then with a few buffs and comp lit implants see what the highest ql ncu you can fit in is.

Utilities are just the little extras that can make all the difference. For the first 100 levels there are only a few that are worth mentioning.
    The melee fighter manuals that drop off SL mobs adds 1-4 2he/brawl/fastattack/dimach depending on which guide you get, you aren't going to get anything better at this level so you might as well use them.
    For hud1, a garden or sanctuary key should sit in there for the majority of the time (sanct preferably) as they add treatment and in the case of sanct keys: ncu and inits, very important.
    For hud 2 you can grab a Sided earring:
    this or
    this. If you are neut you can wear both but I recommend you use only one and use a sanct key in hud 1 and a crit increaser in hud 3 such as:
    Viral targeting subunit (various qls) or a
    Targeting scope-Vision Enhancer (various qls) or for a more defensive approach:
    Eremite Macro Sensor as it has a 1 crit decrease which means mobs/players have 1 less % chance of critting you. This sounds pathetic but it is surprisingly effective.
    Last edited by Romaas; Jan 4th, 2008 at 15:23:47.

PART 2

ARMOUR

Armour is the last thing you should worry about but it is still quite important, during your first 20 levels you can probably get away by wearing a medsuit or the starter armour: Sundance Armour After that then ACs start to matter. The mechanics of Armour Class work like this:
    10 AC reduces 1 damage of the selected type
    e.g. a mob hits me for 10 melee damage with 0 melee AC
    If i then have 80 melee AC then it will only hit me for 2 damage.

Level based armour choices:

20-60:

Carbonum Adding Omnifiers and Clanalizers will upgrade them into omni and storm carbonum variants
    Apocalypse Leather/Omni-steel ribbed.
    CAS symbiotic.
    Nano armour (for nanomages)

60-100:

Prowler Armour.
    Tier 1.
    Carb works too.
    Apoc/Omni-steel and
    CAS still will do for this level.
    Predator Armour

OFAB, depending on how patient you are, a good time to stop levelling would be at lvel 60 or 74 so you can enter title level 3 battlestations (60 if you want to stay in totw). You could in theory harvest enough points to buy yourself a full set of ofab to wear then and a full set of the 300 ofab too if you could be bothered. The thing is: unlike Tier armour, OFAB does not level up when you click it so can be very quickly outlevelled. However if you do want that extra edge in your fighting then go ahead, especially if you plan on staying 60 for totw.

This is a full set of penultimate ofab at ql 125 (what you most likely will be able to equip) for the curious ones.
    The best general armour is CAS for a keeper imo.

Back armour

A little low in choice for the first 100 levels but here are a few alternatives:

Vagabond Cloak: Adds 35 aad and -10 str useful for first 10 levels, easy drop from vagabonds in subway
    Robe of the Faithful: Drops off any "faithful" mob in totw
    Acolyte Robe: Drops off any "acolyte" mob in totw
    Reverend Robe: Drops off any "reverend" mob in totw
    Windcaller Rober: Drops off any "Windcaller" mob in totw
    Exarch Robe Drops off any "Exarch" mob in totw
    Guardian Tank Armour: Very rare drop from "Guardian of Tomorrow" in ToTW get it if you want but far from essential, exarch robe is better in many ways.
    Albrecht Heavy Tank Armour: Ok tank armour that drops from dynas and mission bosses, +15% nanocost is not nice for a keeper however.
    Alien Tank Armour: The new tank armour available from sector 10, guides available on how to get it around the forums. Currently the best Tank armour for level 100 or less.

WEAPONS

After your starter sword you probably would want something a bit better so I will list an extensive weapon choice programme determined by level ranges and give pros and cons for each one. Depending on your playstyle you can choose your weapon.

5-30 I ditched my Keeper Sword as soon as possible and with a bit of outside help I obtained a Kyr'ozch Sword at ql 15, this beat the keeper sword by about a mile and really made for quicker levelling. Once I hit about level 7 I killed the sided bird in the training area and they drop 3 different types of weapon ideal for a low level keeper.
    Apprentice Sword of Sir Tristram
    Now the Tristram sword is for players who like high damage, it has a slow attack speed you will probably be at full agg using this to get the best performance, this does mean you will take more damage but it is negligable at this level. Kind of slow attack speed
    Guard of the Gentleman
    A much faster sword with only a bit less attack power, this is the ideal sword for a lowbie keeper but it loses its charm as you get higher qls as its attack speed increases. My recommended sword of choice for the backyard.
    Jobe Defender Naginata
    An all-round weapon with average damage and attack speed. Higher min damage is a plus but not really that relevant at such low levels.

I used these weapons of various quality (up to about ql 22) until I was level 30, all these weapons are also available in the Garden of Nascence shop (Or-mada of furious fists).

30-100
    After you hit about 30 (earlier is very possible) you will start to notice that the previously mentioned weapons start losing their effectiveness although it is perfectly viable to keep using those swords (at a higher ql obviously) but there are a few exceptional weapons to be obtained from a low level dungeon called "The Temple of Three Winds" or ToTW for short. There are guides around to the dungeon so I won't go into details here. There are three 2he weapons to be obtained from there:
    Energy Scythe
    The weakest of the weapons, slow attack speed but with decent damage in proportion to the skill required to wield it. You will probably find that a tristram or gentleman sword of equal requirements will OD it purely because of the speed.
    Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire
    Here is where things start getting interesting, 227-227 damage you say? This means you will hit for exactly the same damage per hit regardless of ACs of the thing you're hitting which makes this weapon VERY effective against high AC mobs. Slow but will probably OD anything else of equal requirement due to its hard consistent damage.
    Stygian Desolator
    The most powerful of the three weapons, a very fast attack speed means that your Fastattack recharge will be low and you can land many extra attacks due to that, it also has a 6% chance of casting Stygian Desolation which is a cool extra attack.

ELITE WEAPONS

These will ONLY be available to people who
    A. Have lots of credits
    B. A main character above level 200
    C. High level friends

(long)sword of the Illuminated
    A very rare and decent weapon, can be equipped at level 60 (or even earlier) Extremely expensive exceeding the 100million credits mark and requires someone with adonis access to camp. A high max damage combined with a very fast attack speed means this can deal a lot of damage very quickly. Ideal weapon for pre level 125, low min damage however does limit its usefulness after level 125
    Kyr'ozch Sword type112 or 880
    Very decent all-round weapons, high min damage means you will be doing consistent damage and an average speed is quite formidable.
    Maiden Naginata
    Turnspirit weapon that only Omni can equip, very high min damage but is quite slow, nice alternative weapon that looks original.
    Double Sword of Counteraction
    Clan version of the abovementioned.
    Ofab Wolf MkX The new LE 2he weapon, beats the kyr'ozch sword by a bit but harder to obtain and only comes in qls of multiples of 25 (25,50,75 etc etc) obtained by using victory points obtained through alien mission or battlestations.

PERKS

Keepers have an array of perks and I will list which useful ones are available to them and also a guide on perk allocation

SHADOWLANDS PERKS:

Aura of Revival: a very useful perk in the first 100 levels, it heals a certain amount every few seconds and you can have a max of 5 perks in this at level 100 and this heals 168 points every 8-9 seconds, better than any HoT available to you.

Blessing: Adds HP and healperks, not too useful at lower levels as the HP bonuses are paltry and the healperks won't do much healing. Although if you want to be a pure healing keeper at lower levels then this maybe for you.

Holy Mark: Adds ACs, evades and a debuff perks, not greatly useful at lower levels

Street Samurai: Adds Damage, Fastattack, parry and riposte quite nice at lower levels due to the added damage and nice damage perks.

Bio Shielding: An absolute must after level 50 I would say due to the Bio cocoon perk which absorbs 800 of ALL types of damage and lasts for 30 seconds (a real lifesaver in SL as many mobs do multiple dmg types) Adds shielding and reflects and ACs which makes it one of the best defensive perks in our toolset. Due to recent nerfs bio cocoon has been less useful than it has been in the past but this is still an essential keeper tool.

REAVER: The reason a lot of people decide to become Keepers. This is probably one of the best perklines for pvp available, it does incredible damage with very little delay times. Also It adds a total of 180 2he when fully perked at level 10 and 43 at level 100. It gives you two so-so damage perks cleave and transfix at level 100. Slice n Dice and Pain lance come at 180 and 204 which make up the larger proportion of a keeper alpha.

ALIEN INVASION PERKS:

Crusade: the keeper specific AI perkline, it gives you
    Force Opponent is a damage over time perk depending on your 2he skill, does a LOT of damage from level 15 to about 30 (about 300-400 a tick)
    Insight A short term Heal over time that also buff evade close and attack rating
    Purify An AoE area stun+taunt, quite useful in situations where the enfo has died/afked/lded and you can bring agg to yourself. Tiny radius and long recharge time makes it quite useless however.
    This perkline gives you 1500hp, 51 fastattack and 50 melee init as a passive bonus too.

Champion of Heavy Infantry: adds two new perks to your arsenal:
    Bluntness Does direct damage, very good direct damage
    Break DoT and a 1.8k AC debuff, great for DD teams or scaring people :P
    Oh and also adds 100 to 2he, 2hb and melee energy passively

Champion of Nano combat: Adds another 2 perks, checks against NR which is very neglected during the lower levels, very useful aliens as they have no NR
    Nano Feast
    Bot Confinement
    It adds 100 to nanoskills too which is very useful in casting your auras

LE PERKS:
    These are covered comprehensively by Mekh: link to LE perk guide
    Last edited by Romaas; Jan 13th, 2009 at 06:48:27.

Levelling Guide

Comprehensive levelling guide to take you to level 100 as quickly or slowly as you want

You COULD technically level off RK missions for your first 100 levels, this has 2 benefits:

1.A good infusion of credits from Mission rewards and general income from missions (you could find some very rare items that sell in the multimillions in your missioning)

2.Tokens, getting 1k tokens before level 100 will give you a huge advantage when you hit level 100
    Only disadvantage of this route is that it is slightly slower or less easy than bashing rocks.
    Although this is only marginally more interesting than hitting rocks (Hecklers) all day long so lets look at some alternatives...

1-10 Everyone starts in Nascence training, do the quests and hit your first perk level there. There are Hecklers in training that give ok exp.

10-20 Number of places in SL now, you can level at the spirit ruins in the nascence frontier. There are an abundance of level 10 spirits there, be careful as they are social and be careful of the dynas: The Lady, The Lord and Soul Dredge they are aggressive and will easily kill you if you are on your own.

You can also level at the spider camp just beside the large wall in the frontier outskirts, its full of level 15 spiders that are non-aggro and non-social. You can easily level up to 20 here. Also malah-anas populate the area and give about the same exp, beware of Spinetooth Hatchlings though, they can eaisly nuke up to 400 dmg which is quite deadly at this level.

Further on in the frontier outskirts you will find a hiathlin camp, a predator camp and another hiathlin camp. Mobs range from level 14 to 17 here an is a nice place for you to get level 20.

20-30 The most popular place to level now is the affably named "crip cave" which houses crippler mobs at level 28, you would want to bring a team here unless you are uberly twinked, but this is a prime place to hit your level 30 and i cant think of many other places to go for these levels.

30-40 Levelling places start opening up for you now. You can kill the croakers at the end of the crippler cave, they are levels 30-36 but there aren't many of them.

More croakers can be found just north of the aban statue in the Two Mountains region and its a popular levelling place. There are also static dungeons scattered around Nasc which house ql 40-60 mobs which give significant chunks of exp each, these are marked by blue squares on spheremap. Malahs in the core are also around level 34-40ish and can fill this gap in levelling also, not very camped so if you have a decent team you can blitz through them easily.

If you're a bit more daring you can start taking on the sided mobs in nascence, they range form level 28 all the way to 50 and if you can grab a team of same faction people you can bash these for a while. They can be found in Brawl (omni type mobs) and Silence (Clan type mobs) They also drop an array of weapons/armour and nice items and traders can find their elusive mudurlurgu on these mobs at about ql 50ish.

40-70 Now comes the crunch time, you now start to get your first taste of heckler meat . These big bad boys are level 80 and sure pack a punch for their level, but a well equipped team can rip through them like no tomorrow. They have about 6k hp and do from 180ish dmg all the way to 400ish crits with a fast attack rate. If you start killing these at level 40 it will take about 11 hecklers for one level all the way to about level 48. And past that the exp starts slowing down but not by much. Can level on these for quite a bit.

Alternatives include going to totw: which i highly recommend due to the many nodrop items you can obtain there which are invaluable to a keeper such as the weapons the exarch robe, the rockcrusher gauntlets, notum splice, guardian circut board. DONT LEVEL PAST 60 WITHOUT GETTING THE PHATZ
    ToTW is also really good to start working on your team skills since a lot of the people you team there will be not very good. If you can keep a totw team going then you must being doing something right .

You could also make your way to elysium and kill hoathlans,malah-anas and normal mobs just running around. They come about level 60ish and are similar difficulty to nascence hecklers but with less HP but some hit harder.

You can also go to RK and have fun with the Bothackers (not sure where they are?) they are level 80ish and give a decent chunk of exp, but remember ONLY attack the bothackers there unless you have a deathwish. Heavily camped by froobs however.

70-100 There are three main places where you can effectively level.

Mortiig beach: this is full of mortiigs ranging from about level 105 to 120 and give decent exp per kill and also have chances to drop spiritechs which are needed for perennium weapons. Just north of Barter

Chill Spiders: level 105-120ish again, found on cold rock

Excaibur's end/Tiig island: Similar to the beach but with a high concentration of mortiigs on an island instead, watch out for elysium hecklers though.

Other more unorthodox places include the tinker tower and other SL statics, don't expect to be able to do these until nearer level 90 as they contain mobs up to level 150 good place to hunt for improved nanos and scheol isignias.

There is also a devourer camp near the divide full of devourers form level 90 to 110ish, good for a while but then starts losing its charm when you near level 90ish.

Also behind the large building at port 7, there are a number of spiders and devourers there ranging from level 90 all the way to level 125 ad can be quite a nice levelling place, they are closely grouped together however and also social so can be quite dangerous

If you are lucky to get a heckler team in elysium before level 100 then they are undoubtly the best source of exp, but this is highly unlikley. They give up to about 220k exp per heck depending on your exp cap but have about 20k hp and hit VERY hard for these levels

Alternatively you could run back to RK and go to mort and kill cyborgs, they are level 150-180 but are extremely easy to kite as they are ranged so running around in circles effectively makes you invincible, they have a lot of hp however and it would be foolish to attempt them without a team, they give about 70k-130k exp per borg.

From level 70 you could also level up on chill spiders outside the stormshelter enel statue in elysium, they are level 80ish and respawn very quickly

If you are slightly more adventurous, take a team to the ergo in elysium, above it on the cliffs are many MANY croakers about level 100, these are a great uncamped source of exp, watch out for minxes though they hit very hard (almost like a heck)

Scheol can also be a nice source of exp, killing the granite spiders there give a fair amount of exp and can be a good levellingplace as scheol is empty for the best part of the time.

ALIEN LEVELS:

These are unimportant to most people but if you do have the AI expansion, it is well worth gaining Alien levels early on in the game. You can gain axp in a few ways:

1. Do org alien raids, you can grab a bunch of people of similar level to you and also have the chance to get viralbots, very valuable as they are the most important piece in making alien armour.

2. Alien missions which you can get from the unicorn recruiter in the Alien playfields, stronger aliens and more alien experience, it is also the place to get victory points for ofab armour and weapons.

TOOLS

Here are a few things that will help you a LOT during your whole gameplay:

AoRK+AoSL Fantastic maps and tools on that site also.

THANKS FOR READING AND ENJOY BEING A KEEPER
    Last edited by Romaas; Jan 14th, 2009 at 18:16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Manass
    OPIFEX: Skinny fella, evades more than he hits
    I lawl in your general direction come back IG already foo

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

You forgot predator armor in your guide. It's the best armor for TL 3 imho. Inits, hp, nanos, evades and some little mods.

It gives you two so-so damage perks cleave and transfix at level 100
    They are kinda overlooked but Transfix can do a lot of dmg on RK. I did some 5-6k with it on aliens. It's also nice in PvP if your opponent doesn't kite you.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You forgot predator armor in your guide. It's the best armor for TL 3 imho. Inits, hp, nanos, evades and some little mods.

They are kinda overlooked but Transfix can do a lot of dmg on RK. I did some 5-6k with it on aliens. It's also nice in PvP if your opponent doesn't kite you.
    depends on your AR of course. At level 100 you will be doing at max 1.5k with transfix.

Pred armour it is

More stuff I missed out, people please keep adding suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I lawl in your general direction come back IG already foo
    i can't one more week of exams then I'm free but then I'm going on holiday v v soon noooooooooes.

Probably never have a chance to play AO a lot anymore, only during uni holidays

Quote Originally Posted by LotV Solo'er <3
    Sense: If you are an opi then maybe you can afford this skill, but for any other breed you can easily survive without sense in the first 100 levels
    To bad pred requires sense and is equipable sub-60, necessary skill. If anything you can slack on Psychic alot and Intel somwhat if you cast your nanos. It is getting easier so room to err is greater.

Also under your AI Perk section you neglected to mention CoHI and tbh that should be your primary perk line after you have 1 perk in Crusade for Force Opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfy looking @ 220 ding
    Aura of Revival: a very useful perk in the first 100 levels, it heals a certain amount every 6 seconds and you can have a max of 5 perks in this at level 100 and this heals 192 points every 6 seconds, better than any HoT available to you
    AoR starts @ a 10 second tick and gets reduced to 7 seconds @ perk 10

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kpr TC'ing Pande
    Street Samurai: Adds Damage, Fastattack, parry and riposte quite nice at lower levels due to the added damage and nice damage perks.
    I do agree that the damage is a decent add and now with 2 hour perk resets it is more viable to use then take a few hours out to reset into Reaver for twinking on a new weapon, I would still take Reaver over SS in the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm running out of funny things to say
    REAVER: The reason a lot of people decide to become Keepers.
    I rolled a Keeper cause they looked cool, they had a pistol and a phat sword. That is why I decided to become a keeper
    Last edited by Wakizaka; Jun 21st, 2007 at 17:24:52. Reason: Found more things to say :)

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Not going to sticky, but I'll link to it in the guides sticky
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

oh you did what I wanted anyways :P thnx X

It ends at 6.
    blah

To bad pred requires sense and is equipable sub-60, necessary skill. If anything you can slack on Psychic alot and Intel somwhat if you cast your nanos. It is getting easier so room to err is greater.

I do agree that the damage is a decent add and now with 2 hour perk resets it is more viable to use then take a few hours out to reset into Reaver for twinking on a new weapon, I would still take Reaver over SS in the early days.

I rolled a Keeper cause they looked cool, they had a pistol and a phat sword. That is why I decided to become a keeper
    1.Not everyone has access to pred
    2.Noted
    3.People won't have the uberest swords evar to start off with so add damage is probably more useful than extra 2he skill
    4.You are a nutcase

I specifically requested info on how to obtain 3 keeper CHes, which I don't see here.
    So I may have to delete this thread!
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    It ends at 6.
    Then the dB is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Xpression View Post
    I specifically requested info on how to obtain 3 keeper CHes, which I don't see here.
    So I may have to delete this thread!
    thats in the other guide noob, you dont get CHes when ur level 100

Then the dB is wrong
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=210898
    blah

From lvl20-50 may i also recomment Living Cyber Armour, you can get the gloves, pants and helmet from the deep subway humanoids and you can get the chest (male and female), gloves and boots from a quest in Newland. It adds health as well as good AC's and levelable to QL50.
    You feel the core of your being shift as the source makes room for a divine presence. Zzxy has just posted a comment.

its hp and ACs are below average and it is int/psy armour, psy being a low priority ability in the first 100 levels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast