Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Agent pvm-damage stagnates after tl5 and up

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it does hurt. the agent takes up a spot in the roll without carrying their weight.
    What a crock, by your definition any 215-220 toon that isn't fully endgame "isn't" pulling their weight and is taking a spot in the roll. Or any toon that can't OD xxx. Ridiculous and lol funny. You don't want to team agents fine but you don't have to discourage others for not living in your min-max stat world.

For the record, if I were to produce an agent that could OD "your" fixer main, would your toon then feel worthless? Would it quiet your tongue? Would you then be taking up a spot in the roll and not carrying your weight? I'm just curious what it takes to get you off your "pretends to be an authority" high horse.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    For the record, if I were to produce an agent that could OD "your" fixer main, would your toon then feel worthless? Would it quiet your tongue? Would you then be taking up a spot in the roll and not carrying your weight? I'm just curious what it takes to get you off your "pretends to be an authority" high horse.
    i know this is difficult for you, but try to pay attention. unfortunately, for you, i've never claimed fixers are worth anything in pvm.

my endgame fixer only puts out a meager 230k dpm. hardly worth talking about. and entirely worthless when the team needs damage. this is why when i do pvm i bring my crat. the benchmark you're looking to beat is 300kdpm. gl hf.

still waiting for those numbers btw. for someone that talks as much smack as you do you sure don't post anything concrete.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 5th, 2013 at 18:43:20.

i know this is difficult for you, but try to pay attention. unfortunately, for you, i've never claimed fixers are worth anything in pvm.

my endgame fixer only puts out a meager 230k dpm. hardly worth talking about. and entirely worthless when the team needs damage. this is why when i do pvm i bring my crat. the benchmark you're looking to beat is 300kdpm. gl hf.

still waiting for those numbers btw. for someone that talks as much smack as you do you sure don't post anything concrete.
    It's not just breaking 300k on an agent that is important, its doing it in a setup that is still considered viable. There is maximum potential damage, and there is maximum viable damage. For the sake of argument I do want to find the potential, but I also want to find the maximum viable damage.

A setup that causes the agent to die to a single AOE nuke from beast, or 2 hits from a mob, is hardly considered viable when he is also supposed to be in a setup that would potentially do enough damage to pull aggro.

It is kind of like twinking a character. Sure, each of the items you plan to equip are possible in the individual slots, but taken as a whole, a process that eliminates options as it progresses, some things are simply not viable.

Sadly, it is that gap in understanding that makes providing data to players such a difficult task. A true DPS profession is one that can still survive while producing those levels of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    It's not just breaking 300k on an agent that is important, its doing it in a setup that is still considered viable. There is maximum potential damage, and there is maximum viable damage. For the sake of argument I do want to find the potential, but I also want to find the maximum viable damage.

A setup that causes the agent to die to a single AOE nuke from beast, or 2 hits from a mob, is hardly considered viable when he is also supposed to be in a setup that would potentially do enough damage to pull aggro.

It is kind of like twinking a character. Sure, each of the items you plan to equip are possible in the individual slots, but taken as a whole, a process that eliminates options as it progresses, some things are simply not viable.

Sadly, it is that gap in understanding that makes providing data to players such a difficult task. A true DPS profession is one that can still survive while producing those levels of damage.
    but suicide setups are what makes you feel alive!

my crat on live servers wears suicide symb and erbp (unlike my testlive crat which uses ofab back and persisiting control arm ) so live dmg is evevn better. and thanks to DTB when i inevitably pull aggro off the tank i dont instasplat

that said, i doubt even in the most hardcore suicide setup can a self-buffed agent come anywhere near 300k dpm on the high AC test dummy. but captain e-peen over there is free to try and make an ass of himself.

What a crock, by your definition any 215-220 toon that isn't fully endgame "isn't" pulling their weight and is taking a spot in the roll. Or any toon that can't OD xxx. Ridiculous and lol funny. You don't want to team agents fine but you don't have to discourage others for not living in your min-max stat world.
    hai! welcome to reality. if you ain't able to contribute, you won't get a team. that's what people here have been trying to tell you...a...few...times. why do you think lazy has a crat and a doc? why do you think it is so many people can relog crats or docs? there are 2 ways to get endgame content. either you have a doc/enf/crat or you have an org who can provide those and are really really nice. as a shade, solja, engi etc you can do ok as you can bring something to the table, but as an agent...well, good luck!
    Last edited by Xootch; Jan 5th, 2013 at 20:35:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    hai! welcome to reality. if you ain't able to contribute, you won't get a team. that's what people here have been trying to tell you...a...few...times. why do you think lazy has a crat and a doc? why do you think it is so many people can relog crats or docs? there are 2 ways to get endgame content. either you have a doc/enf/crat or you have an org who can provide those and are really really nice. as a shade, solja, engi etc you can do ok as you can bring something to the table, but as an agent...well, good luck!
    Tis why I rolled a Doc, and then subsequently why I switched from my totally fun and awesome 1hb setup to my new totally boring but vastly superior MA setup.

Also pistols are for noob Docs.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

i know this is difficult for you, but try to pay attention. unfortunately, for you, i've never agents OD full tilt crats + buffed pets in pvm. I believe the challenge which was not taken was a 217 engi or REMOD crat.

However for sake of arguement I will post those numbers with various weapon setups tonight or tomorow at latest for the agent. Although why you didn't do it yourself since you were already on test server I don't know.

As far as reality of getting teams I won't apologize for being friendly enough people invite me to teams regardless what I play.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

level to 220, try to get your endgame phatz and we'll talk again.

i know this is difficult for you, but try to pay attention. unfortunately, for you, i've never agents OD full tilt crats + buffed pets in pvm. I believe the challenge which was not taken was a 217 engi or REMOD crat.
    If my account was paid, I would totally take up the challenge. There's no chance I would get OD'd by an Agent on a single target, non-moving encounter.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

so pay your account. just don't think about the next month when you log in during hawaii prime time and find bs queue deader than roadkill...

so pay your account. just don't think about the next month when you log in during hawaii prime time and find bs queue deader than roadkill...
    Sounds like a blast...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

also, account status, in before anarrina, etc etc

However for sake of arguement I will post those numbers with various weapon setups tonight or tomorow at latest for the agent. Although why you didn't do it yourself since you were already on test server I don't know.
    actually i have been paying attention. you said, and i quote

I have always thought actions speak louder than words. So I am willing to log onto test server with anyone and load up a bare bones agent vs whatever and lets compare dd using only whatever AUTO gives, I guarantee the DD is not nearly as bad AS THE FIRE AND BRIMSTONE STORIES some of these posts would lead people to believe.
    (bolded the relevant bits)

i'd say 2x-3x more dpm is FIRE AND BRIMSTONE bad... still waiting for your numbers to see if you're closer to 2x or 3x tho. this also answers your second question of why i didn't do it: i,e, because you said you would.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 6th, 2013 at 22:29:44.

:P The question is not why is agent damage bad.. the question is why does that matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    :P The question is not why is agent damage bad.. the question is why does that matter?
    because they don't bring anything else of value to a team, so all that's left is their sub-par dmg

because they don't bring anything else of value to a team, so all that's left is their sub-par dmg
    Aye, but when did us people become that way? Its like saying children dont contribute to family and not take them on holidays becouse of sub par walking speed.

Speaking of all this, trying to get raid team on fixer or trader

think how much more variety we could have in endgame content if they were not balanced so badly because profession balance is horrible.

if devs would have definite guidelines what professions can and cant do (now and in future), we just might get somewhat interesting content where nobody could go afk and win.

Aye, but when did us people become that way? Its like saying children dont contribute to family and not take them on holidays becouse of sub par walking speed.
    yep, kids contribute as much as going to petting-zoo and pic-nics allows.
    i bet there are also some crazy birthday-parties with clowns and balloons in your neighborhoods.

but we can surely treat agents as childrens.. complementing their drawings/dps while infact they are utter crap.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jan 6th, 2013 at 03:45:26.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Numbers numbers... All profs were made using ql220-250 symbs, 225 SS armor, and Xan upgraded beast weapon Crat dual lust. All very bare bones hud/utils rings/shoulders.

Agent : 81.8% | 121,701 | 165-28-259 high defense target 121k dpm

Agent : 100.0% | 194,242 | 156-26-183 low defense target 194k dpm

Agent : 72.6% | 134,201 | 195-33-344 DUAL Pistol high defense target 134k dpm fp Trader

Soldier : 9.1% | 225,824 | 22-13-20 high def target 225k dpm

Soldier : 100.0% | 271,990 | 34-18-21 low def target 270k dpm

Crat : 5.5% | 71,110 | 55-14-8 solo high def target 71k dpm

Crat : 6.4% | 196,252 | 188-15-27 pets high def target 196k dpm

Crat : 100.0% | 151,396 | 54-14-11 solo low def target 150k dpm

Crat : 100.0% | 447,745 | 144-11-17 pets low def target 447k dpm

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Agent : 81.8% | 121,701 | 165-28-259 high defense target 121k dpm

Agent : 72.6% | 134,201 | 195-33-344 DUAL Pistol high defense target 134k dpm fp Trader
    lol

looks like agent dd is abysmal fire and brimstone bad after all. hope you're happy with your findings.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 7th, 2013 at 01:19:53.

Agent is sub par profession. Why not give it 500-1500 weapon? Surtenly that would improve DD considerably. It turns out nobody wants trader or fixer on raids either. Only time my epic fixer sees raid is when i Lead it.

200k damage on fixer is not relevant. How can agent with 150k compete?
    Agent should have 27k essence and work as makeshift tank, that would be about good. Or atleast cast engi pets. Potential is there,

looks like agent dd is abysmal fire and brimstone bad after all.
    This was a pretty bare bones setup all test toons were solitus so no MR. Also no DD adds except db bracer/master bracer so there is a lot of DD that can be dumped into that setup in huds/utils that are all empty. Also alien armor, rings, dd bracers. So count on a fair estimate being 160k+ vs high defense, 230k+ vs lower defense. Dual weapons even more. I did test dual pistols (ql200/200 ofab) but should have done 1he truthfully.

So I still disagree, Agent dmg today is still better than 90% of all profs from 6months ago. So unless 90% of all toons dmg was abysmal 6months ago then agent DD today is not. If you want to say all profs DD increased and agents are still not at top I would agree with that. But agents were never at the top of the DD pole anyway. The encounters have not changed since then only characters DD. At which agents are still mid range not the top or the bottom.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast