Thread: vague idea summary

vague idea summary

Rewards attached to old questlines/playfields/content
    Arid rift reward for could be AI tech 3 unlocked without having to put perks into it.

How Notum Works
    When combined with certain elements in a specialized atomic structure, it can convert the chaotic movement of particles into usuable energy of either chemical or electrical nature. Much more efficient then the ancient solar converters of the pre-30th century, that required large ammounts of radiation in order to actually function. It can basicly siphon large ammounts of heat from its surroundings, even at extremely low temperatures. This provides optimum working conditions for the nanobots aswell asl providing them with limitless energy.

Skywalker Levitation System
    http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7...talball.th.jpg
    http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1...taldrawing.jpg
    Or the lightning comming from Nebuchadnezzar in the matrix when it gets too close to the wall/ground, if u like eyecandy.
    Not officially entitled levitation, it does however practically the same thing. The user needs to configure a large portion of thier nanobots to the "Physical Thrust" type. The users AI will then continuously construct and deconstruct support fibers and maintain them as perfectly straight as possible. Configuring nanobots to the PT type also increases the users ability to propell matter towards enemies, as well as shoot a cable send a large ammount of electricity trough it. Sadly the cable will instantly vaporize with a lightning-like flash, so it cannot be used constantly. The lightningbolt is mostly famous for its aesthetic qualities.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSaGIoNXu8

Essence of AO
    Personally i find that the more u can do something with auto play bots, the more of a boring grind it is. But good content isnt always like mind-food, that once consumed the fun is gone. Sure u need some cool intro to make people give AO a try. But its what players themselfes make of it together is what keeps people playing AO. Thats the whole reason why theres a difference between movies/books/songs and computergames. Chess is merely a plate with some pieces of wood and some rules, but the fun comes from the "game". Same with the old classic board games, Eve online and minecraft. Anarchy online also has unique "things" like that, twinking and teamwork. Would be cool if player were able to design thier own instanced apartments/houses including uploading a background panoramic view picture. And with the gms shop/npc in it. It can even be as basic as as a 3D grid of blocks and the player determining if its a wall/floor/slope/corner, including being able to pick what textures surfaces have, insert coordinates for lights/sun/plants, and light effects would look cool with new engine. Player designed cities would look awesome too. That kinda stuff is the essence of rpg, and the reason they exist.

A Real Crat
    A crat in my opinion is supposed to be an indirect manipulator, not so much doing direct damage/nuking, but enough negative feedback, i dont like verbal diarrhea. Of course u cant just mindcontrol some monster and especially not robots right from the start. Instead, the monster/person would first have to be near dying(10%hp?), so that the crat can then insert/attach a mindcontrol probe. Inflicting severe pain whenever orders from its master are disobeyed. Like the Thorian from Mass Effect. No stupid illogical psychic check. And the mindcontrolled pets should have alot more options then just attacking, such as shielding thier master from damage and healing, but also the other way around. The crat should be able to assist his pets more, boosting thier damage, give procs. The pets should become more like actual team members, being able to recieve heals from docs etc. But not only controlling hostiles. When a teammate types /afk, they should be able in that way to allow the crat to take direct control of them if needed. Basicly the teammates keymappings are replaced by the crats, movement, hotkeys etc, with the crat on follow (if sensible). What would even more awesome is to "merge minds" in the sense that both the main player and the crat can play the same character at same time. With the new targeting system it should be possible, and since instacast nanos will be castable while running, and all perks usable even when not fighting a target, FC could easily let 1 player control the movement while both being able to use actions at the same time. Also i feel that alot of abilties that trader have belong to crats but i know that would leave trader with no real specialness.

What Ruins the game
    Rant startThe monopoly of OSTs, NTs, and 220s draggin leechers in inf missions. It promotes soloing, dual loggin and a isolates them from people that actually want to play the game traditionally. Not only will traditional players have trouble getting actual teams going, but also dont learn how to play the game because of this. And everyone, including the veterans miss out on alot of fun. The cause of this is that most parts of the game are almost impossible to do without high lvl outside help or alot time farming boring stuff. I really like the daily missions because it gives new players and non-twinks a chance to lvl up. No-drop items lootright can pretty much always be bought aswell, so most xp and best items goes to those with deep pockets. But enough with the negative vibes now.Rant End
    Make hecklers run away if they are grey(nerf). Make the XP of Inf missions not depend on lvl of roller(tweak). More pre-220 instances with decent xp+item rewards, or convert existing ones(tweak). Just alot more mission pulling ranges in SL. Sorta like Dark ruins, but with solo part doable by all profs. Loot whos lootrights cannot be bought, but only gotten by being in the team and not dying(true-nodrops). More profession specific true-nodrop loot, in other words loot that only new players want, so there is less competition and everything going to the end-gamers. Anti dual log measures such as maybe agro wiping, and difficulty of mission depending on how many are in team. In a way that if people play even a little decent that it benefits the team alot, but when afk drag team down.

More Cities Omni
    A huge pillar of randomly floating cities, connected to eachother by walkways(jobe style). The background being a panoramic representation of how the earth would actually look like from high in orbit. Seeing earth and space as a 2 dimensional image panorama, like in "Freelancer" the game.

More Cities Clan
    Underground lairs connected to each other trough tunnels. Panoramic view sci-fi /mining vibe, matrix city of zion, stargate SG 1, bleach below uraharas shop, or google underground city.

More buffs/debuffs having temporairy max nano debuff penalties on them, instead of an unexplained "u cant use this nano for a while lockout"
    Instacast nanos should not interrupt attacks
    New pvp areas, just make instanced versions of some SL areas, there are alot of awesome designed areas that very few people ever see
    Use those good looking weapon and armor meshes on gear that is actually worn. There are those that are good gear but look horrible, pere, ofab armor, shen sticks, reanimator robes, neleb rod, mortig beaters, troa and peh'wer, hatred of xan. But the other way around aswell, alot of cool looking meshes are never seen cause there is no point in getting them, like tier 3 armor, ofab MK1-5 weapons, sacro and ina weapons, most tank armors etc.

Soldiers
    Make Guardian instacast.

dont make any quotes cause i wil edit this post ALOt.
    Last edited by orochi3; Aug 7th, 2013 at 20:25:30. Reason: addeds stuffsaa

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    Hellos peoples, im a pigeon. Typing mistakes will be plenty cause i really dont care about being precise here, and i am forced to type with my beak so go figure. Things i will not be organized in terms of proffesion boundries, the plan is to go as crazy as possible in terms of what might still be possible in the far future. As barometer of credibility and plausibility in sci-fi i will be using the following degrees of measurement.

1. George Carlin
    2. Deus ex 1
    3. Ghost in the Shell
    4. The Matrix Prequel
    5. Akira
    6. Scientology

How Notum Works
    When combined with certain elements in a specialized atomic structure, it can convert the chaotic movement of particles into usuable energy of either chemical or electrical nature. Much more efficient then the ancient solar converters that required large ammounts of radiation in order to actually function. It can basicly siphon large ammounts of heat from its surroundings, both providing optimum working conditions for the nanobots, aswell as providing them with limitless energy.

Much more to come soon
    dont make any quotes cause i wil edit this post ALOt.
    the matrix back to the future
    quoting for posterity

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    It can basicly siphon large ammounts of heat from its surroundings, both providing optimum working conditions for the nanobots, aswell as providing them with limitless energy.
    Debump. All of RK and SL would eventually become Penumbra.

Oh, and also: artificial fart under the arm.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Oh, and also: artificial fart under the arm.
    Rollable?

Quote Originally Posted by devbot View Post
    Rollable?
    No it's dyna loot. ^^

OP: What are you trying to do? what are you suggesting?
    I see no suggestion.
    You are summing up some games/movies about the future and you write something about notum.

And please finish what you are doing. first write it in a txt document or something if you don't have the time to write your full "idea" at once.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

He was explaining notum. The implicit game suggestion is that the sci-fi writing in the game be upgraded. Notum is, right now, barely explained. It's some stuff that makes Omni-Tek's nanotechnology work. A MMORPG has both MMO and RPG in it. RPG means there is some story. Sci-fi setting means you have to have a little bit of "sci" with your "fi."

So, I for one am in favor of more sci-fi writing, such as in item description texts. As it stands, we've got weapons explained like: "This is a gun. It has a compound [insert made up word] on the D-FLOOP subsystem headbone connected to the kneebone blah blah Pergola gyro."