Thread: A change to PvP titles

Question A change to PvP titles

Personally, I'm bored of all these people who run around thinking they're Gods Gift to PvP just because they have Rookie or whatever it is next to their name. Then you find out that they're too chicken to go fight anywhere because they're scared of losing that title. So what do I propose? You never lose the title you've acquired. I hear you all gasp, everyone will have a title and it'll be pointless. But wait! I haven't finished.

What I think we should do is remove the current titles altogether and replace them with new names, like Soldier, Lieutenant, Commander, and so on.. something like that anyway. Then have it so the only way to actually gain titles is to get involved with Tower battles. You'll never gain a title in an arena, because an arena is like training for the real thing. Its in real combat that you get your promotions, and small skirmishes in 2ho don't count either, they're not on a big enough scale.

Then, for every kill you make in a tower battle, be it offense or defence, your PvP points go up until you're at the level to get a 'promotion'. I'd imagine we'd have to widen the difference between levels quite a lot, so a few battles don't get you Commander, but I think it would be an awesome thing. Maybe have titles based on your character class. Agents might get Scout, Hunter, etc, while the Soldiers would get the common ones of Lieutenant, Commander and so on.

What do you think? I'd love to see it. It would get the PvP posers out of their loner mentality, would give a nice reason to be going after Tower fights, and would show who the real PvPers are from the ones who've farmed their awards.

Oh, and when this is implemented, all current PvP titles would be removed, of course.

EDIT:
    Another idea just came to me. This could be done much the same as mission rewards. Kill a person, you get a reward that adds to the total, and when you've got enough you right-click something you've been given and get a bonus from it. Perhaps like a medal that can be worn that gives you bonuses. You could also use the same system, 1000 kills would give you the best title and bonus you could get.
    Last edited by Majikall; Dec 14th, 2002 at 15:40:47.