Thread: Help! Dead again!

Talking Help! Dead again!

How about some defence for Doctors now that NW is out? In PvP areas, like Camelot, Doctors were always targeted first. It wasn't so bad then because of all the winding corridors and places you could escape to, but with NW being out in the open, you might as well put a coffin in our inventory before we even get there. Seriously, its like..

Slow target. Target tells everyone on the force that theres a doctor about and the name. 10 seconds later the doc is a big red blotch on the floor. Sometimes I think its pointless for me to even try PvPing at NW battles, I spend so little time there. Honestly, 95 percent of my time is spent travelling to the location, the other 5 is un-yalming, casting slow, then going to reclaim.

I don't know what can be done really, but try and figure something out. We're getting destroyed out there.

EDIT:

A quick idea. How about something like they had in the good old AD&D system for clerics. Because doctors are basically clerics. A Sanctuary type of nano. You're unable to be attacked, unless they resist the nano effects, but if YOU attack then the nano effects drop and you're open to be targeted by all. In AD&D, with Sanctuary up, you were able to do non-offensive things like heal or buff, but were unable to do anything offensive. Not sure if that would be too powerful in AO or not.
    Last edited by Majikall; Dec 9th, 2002 at 12:10:21.

Raise concealment.

Run like a pansy.

Stand and die.

Pick one.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I think the whole problem is that people have had just such bad upbringing that they don't realize how morally reprehenible it is to attack a doc. Here we are, the saviors of humanity and yet we getting our ass blown off. Who are these guys? Nobody I know would do such a thing.

The solution is clear: Public education. There oughta be notices all over the newbie training ground. 'Doc killer driven out of home by their mom.' 'Doc killer shunned in the street, no service at the bars' 'Another Doc killer suicide.'

Show no mercy, this trend has got to be poisoned at the root.

lol... well, it might be nice if docs had a bit more protection potential, for purposes of pvp, i supose... but it would be hard for it to be ballanced.

Get a reflect, a specials shield, raise evades, and wear armor.

I only die in situations where death is more or less to be expected, like the time where I took on 8 level 150+ by myself
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

just a note

KOS list
    1) trader
    2) doc

I suggest standing next to a trader hehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I play a doc, and something i note that helps, or i think would help in large battles, is to play as a leet. The high lvl leet other that you are still able to cast spells and attack in that form. Its so small, and its easy to hide. People just won't see you, or atleast it will lower the chances of people seeing you heal everyone, or just hide behind a tower and chain team heals (:

oh yeah, make docs even less killable...

it's so laughable, 150+ you have:

1/ DoTs that outdamage my fists
    2/ init debuff that makes my instacast heal take 10 sec
    3/ CH (oh, did you forget about that one)

and now you want a shield or protection in combat? why dont they just make GAIV fixer and doc only?

ranting..

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Thumbs up Well said

Originally posted by Yazule
    just a note

KOS list
    1) trader
    2) doc

LOL
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Originally posted by Yazule
    just a note

KOS list
    1) trader
    2) doc

Hehe
    That may be the best defence strategy for any profession.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Well, sorry, but a smart mass pvp has priority of targets , as someone said trader/doc and i think NT. Welcome in this world... and expect you are targeted first in mass pvp.

Thats just good tactics, see doc whack doc first, kinda makes it easier to kill everyone else when noones healing em. When I take my trader on attacks I will always be one the first ones dead if its a big battle, Im not complaining I run around like crazy then toss in some sacks, aimed shot someone, run somemore then see about 8 enforcers coming at me, then area root, then die misserably to an agent at long range.

Theres an old saying "Its the law of the west".

I'd suggest increasing your nano range and move around alot in the background.

Jagdtyger (170 adv)
    Vampiira (119 tra <-think i dinged last night)
    Ursula (7 enf)

oh yeah, make docs even less killable...

it's so laughable, 150+ you have:

1/ DoTs that outdamage my fists
    2/ init debuff that makes my instacast heal take 10 sec
    3/ CH (oh, did you forget about that one)

and now you want a shield or protection in combat? why dont they just make GAIV fixer and doc only?
    Yeah, but we're not talking about one on one combat, are we? We're talking about walking onto a battlefield with 30 enemy to face, and having every one of them take a shot at you just for being the class you are.
    Thats just good tactics, see doc whack doc first, kinda makes it easier to kill everyone else when noones healing em.
    Thats fine, tactics are good, but if the Doc is becoming a primary target, I think there should be something there to help them out a bit. With NW the battles are getting bigger, so thats more people attacking Docs.

Imagine if it was the same in PvM. The team goes into a mission, pulls the first 3 in the main room, the Enforcer does his Mongo to get aggro, but the mobs say to themselves 'Ignore him, lets kill the doc.', and all 3 pounce on the Doc and bash it to pieces. Well, you'd have the Enforcers screaming about their nano not working for one, but hey, the mobs are just using tactics, and the Docs aren't levelling anymore.

Spookdoc
    Last edited by Majikall; Dec 11th, 2002 at 16:20:18.

Careful what ya ask for FC might just make the mobs eat Docs

Anyways PVP is a different ball of wax then PVM, players know to kill docs and traders, just gotta change your tactics to fit the new battlefield, dont expect to sit like a tank casting heals. I know alot of docs that are still up and doing their jobs to help their teams while im eating dirt out in Mort with my trader. Talk to some of the ones that make it through find out what they do different then you in those situations and adapt to it.

The way I see it for my trader is that if I live long enough to draw as much attention to myself as possible, then Im buying time for my sides enfs, soldiers, and so on to get in the damage and win the fight. Its a team effort after all, some of us are only supporters but without them the team cant win.

Jagdtyger (170 adv)
    Vampiira (119 tra)
    Ursula (7 enf)

But but but

I only hit for 3000 points of damage with my 85th level enforcer!!!!

Wah wah wah

Christ, of COURSE we're going to kill you first. YOU'RE A DOC! Go figure!

Play something else, change your tatics or stand around and die.

What did you think would happen in PvP when you started a doc?

"Oh, look ma, it's a doc, let's let him live so he can heal his teammates and kill me?"

Puh-leese.

Or you think the problem might be you have crappy team mates that don't care if you die? Hrmm.... Possibly they aren't protecting you?

You're not an enforcer

You're not a soldier

You're not a tank

You're a doc.

If you were on my team I would stand beside you and heal you, fight for you and do everything I could to try and keep you alive but don't think for a second that if you are on the other side that I wouldn't single you out and kill you. I have, I do and I will.

Hatchet