Thread: Loyalty Should be rewarded!!!!!!!!!

Angry Loyalty Should be rewarded!!!!!!!!!

Loyalty should be rewarded ive palyed this game since the release almost.......... and all we got was that silly pioneer backpack sient theyre time to give us soemthing like a lvl boost iam still lvl 56enf and ive played more than a year now.

Bottom line: I have only played for ~2months and my payment to Funcom is exactly the same as yours.

If you didnt find the game "rewarding" enough, you wouldnt have played for a year.

It is great that there is a player base that have been playing for a while, but to reward someone for months played is kinda silly.

Sepaku
    110 Atrox Fixer
    "The Ghetto Noobie Trox Fixer"

ive been active in RP and i play 3times a week mostly RP and i still think the pepole playing AO alot more than the rest deserves something additinol

{Moderator: Thread has been massively split, editing because the flames should be gone}
    Last edited by FreeARK1; Nov 30th, 2002 at 13:10:57.

from a player perspective

if you want to provide a boon it would have to be either:

cash, items or xp.

items are out of the window. if yo give them items to be truly special they need to be exclusive to the long term subscribers.

this will not work. nothing annoys new players more then grandfather items. you are asking for more then a memento, something that is actually adding a boon.
    knowing that this cannot be archieved or only be archieved by paying for an account for say a year is a big turn off.
    face it, would you get su****ious if a company told you:
    "people who pay us for 12 or more months get (asskickitemofdoom) oh and btw the game is out for more then a year now, have a nice day." well i would.

cash and xp.

these things can be gotten due to real gameplay and i do not think they would affect people much - unless you hand out say free yalmahas.

also it would not be a badge or token you can wave around so in all regards useless to identify you as veteran.

as for your level - you need to team more.
    leveling in ao is all about finding a semi steady team and not dying.

All businesses reward loyal customers, it is PR 101.

It's a nice idea.

You play 6 months, you get "x".
    A year "y"
    etc.

Great way to boost customer loyalty. Gestures of appreciation go a long way. In the end, Funcom will benefit greatly.

The items, of course, will be unique pieces of clothing, a pointless but fun nano-( the ability to turn yourself into a chicken, or frog, duck-billed platypus) or whatever.

I am sure there would be people tired of playing but who keep their accounts alive, just to see what the next gift would be.

Wow, I like the ideas of silly nanos. There was an old 1st person shooter video game (Hexen or Hexen 2) that allowed you to turn your opponent into a chicken, then you could kill him more easily as chickens can't hold guns, but they sure are quick.

I'm sorry my post was on topic and I failed to criticze your level or request your online timesheet.
    Last edited by hobbes; Nov 24th, 2002 at 01:25:09.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Originally posted by Sepaku
    Bottom line: I have only played for ~2months and my payment to Funcom is exactly the same as yours.

If you didnt find the game "rewarding" enough, you wouldnt have played for a year.

It is great that there is a player base that have been playing for a while, but to reward someone for months played is kinda silly.

Sepaku
    110 Atrox Fixer
    2*13=26
    12*13=156

yes, you are so right, your payments to funcom == his

vet rewards are a good thing in my opinion

thought so in UO and I think so for AO, call it "frequent flyer miles"

Rewarding repeat customers is a good thing, most companies do it.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I think Hobbes has the right perspecitive here. And as NerfedBlackwing notes, rewarding loyalty can't significantly affect game play, or it becomes a sore spot with those who don't get it. So yes, what that means is that the reward has to be something cool that allows your char some distinction, rather than some advantage.

Hehe, while I kinda like the silly nano idea, you can only turn yourself into a chicken so many time before the joke wears thin. I think you'd also want the distinction to be passive, like a distinctive piece of clothing or a marking, rather than a perfomance item, so you can wear it and be recognized, rather than have to actively draw a crowd.

One of the things that comes to mind is a hat - a black cowboy hat would suit my taste. The thing about the hat is that there are really no other hats in AO (barring the unique nanomage one). It might even have some interesting properties, but the important thing would be that it would very unique, cool, and something that would be easily recognized.

The other thing, of course, is that because of the there is only one head item allowed, if you want the de rigueur sunglasses, they'd have to come with the hat. Maybe you'd activate them with your screwdriver like you tweek your backpack

Or .. how about 30 tokens to all your characters, also new ones you make.

Once you get high levle, everyone have too many tokens anyways. But you'd have the advantage of getting the first board at level 1.

Doesn't raise your Damage, or Damage avoidance at all though, so won't disturb PvP none.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Loyalty should be rewarded?

Maybe they could give peeps that have played 1 year some uniqe item, nothing uber or expencive, but a uniqe item for 1year- players. Perhaps a cool looking coat or helmet with average ac and mods. Or:
    There was a "price-table" with items u could choose from.

I am however 1 of those that didnt get the pioneer backpack, I hadnt played long enough. (1month to short)

Dont care now, felt it was kinda not fair at the time.

And to all "pathetic, he is only lvl 56..." flamers:

If the man want to play it that way, by all mean, let him, he might get more out of this game then most others

I have played my main now for over a year, still not 200. (Getting close tho)

Have fun all
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Well I still think older players shouldnt be giving anything "extra" in game, just because of past payments to FC.

I know alot of companies give out "gifts" to attract new business, I dont think that newer players should recieve special ingame items.

But, maybe FC should give a free month to people after a certain amount of time. If you have 18months as an account holder you get 1month free. That would not be seen as an advantage in game just because of past payments.

/sarcasm on
    If you actually think about it, maybe they should reward the players with the longest accounts and lowest play times, they would be the least drain on server resources.
    /sarcasm off

Sepaku
    111 Atrox Fixer

Talking ehehehehe

Originally posted by Sepaku
    ... /sarcasm on
    If you actually think about it, maybe they should reward the players with the longest accounts and lowest play times, they would be the least drain on server resources.
    /sarcasm off

Sepaku
    111 Atrox Fixer
    ehehehe yep, i should get a santa hat or whatever .... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

oops clarifying here sorry about that

alot of people have dedicated their time and money to this game .. no one should gain anything they dont deserve .. I have no clue why you stated your level really .... my highest ones have been deleted .. my highest now is a lvl 69 engy

makes no difference to me on lvl really...

they do reward us... they bring in new items for us to use and nano programs also

I have to agree with Yazule, rewards are cool if done right, being that I played UO for 5 years with 2 accounts, I cleaned up pretty good on rewards.

The point of rewards is that they dont affect regular game play, none of the UO rewards affected combat or unbalanced pvp, they were mostly house decorations and lil statues. The only thing in there that was a time saver, was the ethereal horse, which once you hit the 3 year mark you no longer had to waste time taming or buying horses you always had your ethereal, as long as you used your reward point to choose it.

Until they make apartments decent, I dont see what kind of rewards they could give in this game yet, other then say special social clothing. Uber weapons and armor would be out of the question I would think.

Jagdtyger

Originally posted by JagdTyger
    I have to agree with Yazule, rewards are cool if done right, being that I played UO for 5 years with 2 accounts, I cleaned up pretty good on rewards.

The point of rewards is that they dont affect regular game play, none of the UO rewards affected combat or unbalanced pvp, they were mostly house decorations and lil statues. The only thing in there that was a time saver, was the ethereal horse, which once you hit the 3 year mark you no longer had to waste time taming or buying horses you always had your ethereal, as long as you used your reward point to choose it.

Until they make apartments decent, I dont see what kind of rewards they could give in this game yet, other then say special social clothing. Uber weapons and armor would be out of the question I would think.

Jagdtyger
    -facelift
    -diet aide (skinnier) ... one for fat, tall, short, etc
    -increase size 3% more (or shrink)
    -utility slot item that changes the look of your armor to clothes (pick from a list of looks)
    -Upgrade the look of your Yalm (vet only looks)
    -Add a passenger seat to your Yalm
    -some item that when clicked says something (text of your choosing) kind of like mongo or rage or a bottle of boose

just a few ideas off the top
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Frequent monthly payer rewards

If anything they should be a social item, clothing to wear, maybe a tunic or a shoulder item. They should not be anything that garners an in game advantage for your character.

Reward the loyal players...

Ok I do think vet rewards would be nice (easy for me to say since i have been here since beta and second week of ao heheh didnt dare to try the first week) being a person that has been with ao since the beginning i do remember "Roleplaying will be rewarded" i guess thats just another promise they didnt keep.

i think vet rewards should be like those backpacks tradeable useful but not a Ill kick your butt from tir to omni1 kind of stuff
    might be cool veteran uniform to wear as a social item and helpful bonuses for those implant changing and stat requiring situations upgradeable by levels so it wont be too uber at low levels and so that it will still be useful at lvl 200 if you need to change implants or some other gear =) and you cant really say that it would be bad if the item would be uber lets say in lvl 1 - 50 pvm I have deleted lvl 80 chars and remade and the low lvl stuff really starts to get old after making 15 chars or so .

Lets face it funcom you need to pamper us veterans a bit I for one want to prance around in my cool veteran outfit and impress the noobs and to another fact atleast asherons call and uo have veteran items and *hint hint* they really made nice were sorry we screwed up items in asherons call the toys were so uber didnt really have any use but they were really cute little actionfigures that actually did stuff if you dropped them to ground

(make it buff int & psy those stats are way too unbuffable to most professions)

Minni lvl 153 fixer and a Veteran of the Apocalypse
    Wildie lvl 94 Adventurer an anarchist of the children of the Apocalypse
    also way too many alts to list due to the delete make new circle ;p

I want a T-shirt that says "I survived Release" or "I survived 12.6"
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Red face

okey okey..I agree with many here.Not a lvl boost but hehe like maybe a t-shirt like Nothinman said and Jerra iddient mean you hehe i emant the flamers..and a tunic or something armor suit or a coat would be cool...Sorry but Flamers plzz dont flame me for wrong reason...