My last Suggestion.

Always be Honest.

Poll.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=69667

Date of registration 2001-06-30 17:39:27 UTC
    Account status Open until 2002-12-02
    Subscription is cancelled
    Next billing Not scheduled

As stated Ive been with the game and community since RELEASE, the 2 day gap is due to the lack of a SECURE LOGIN. Ive seen them go thru alot of changes, but until this last patch, Ive always felt that they were honest.

The last patch introduced alot of KnownBugs to the LIVE servers. But when it was easier to say 'Discovered some bugs just before going Live' than it was to have fixed them in the weeks prior, I felt LIED too.

I have several Characters on TEST, Grey (recreated twice trying to help on Dungeon), Today 'Tomorrow' Yesterday (Alot of fun), Tester32, Tester33, GreyBear, Powerball, Recall. Ive enjoyed the time on TEST but felt as if nothing we did actually meant anything after patch 14.6 went LIVE.

Patch 14.6 also turned the whole PLAYER base into a TEST POOL for balancing issues with the PETS. Oct 23rd http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...threadid=61696 Discusses some of the PET issues.

CZ, again, I never said you lied. If I came across that way, Im sorry. Youve been very responsive and forward with us, Thank you.

I sent an Email to Community@anarchy-online.com and 2 days later I did not recieve a reply. I held off the cancel just in case, but I can see I could hold it for eternity and I would get no answer from the Powers that Be that decided the PATCH would goes as it was and try and decieve us as to the fact of the discovery of the problem.

Poll.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=69667
    Last edited by GreyBear; Nov 14th, 2002 at 21:06:07.

I think Funcom is pretty good. They always seem to respond to my emails and PMs.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

PM as in CZ? Yes he is good.

Normally all my emails to Any at FunCom have been answered in 1 day, except those sent to report bugs or Testserver issues those take like 3.

Did you stop to think that 14.6 went live the way it did to meet a deadline, after all the booster is due out really soon, they needed to get 14.6 behind them as fast as possible. Deadlines are a pain in this regard especially when investors and banks are concerned, they are a company afterall. Now if there wasnt a booster following this patch, I would be mad about how it was handled but being that I know how release dates go they needed to push this one out.

Im sure they cared about what happend, but the banks dont care they just want to see the return, and the numbers.

Jagdtyger

The very fact that customers have to defend the actions of funcom shows that something is seriously wrong.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by TheDeacon/Xcelsius
    The very fact that customers have to defend the actions of funcom shows that something is seriously wrong.
    Like the fact that the customers, due to sheer numbers, are bound to come across posts long before we do? (j/k, point taken)

I'll dig through the community@... e-mail now. As I posted in my last thread in the Community Corner, I still have a backlog in some areas, and all of yesterday was spend on the 14.7 patch (including patch notes, which should be out soon).

Thanks CZ, i did speak with GM Lucien and he was very nice about myquestions. Also alot of guardians are going around handling surveys to get player feedback.

I think Funcom is doing damn good job.

IGN interview

IGN interview

Jonric: What factors led to Shadowlands not being ready for release this year as originally projected? How did the idea of the booster pack come about? And why release it instead of including the same content in the expansion, just a few months later?

Gaute Godager: The reason why Shadowlands was delayed is easy to explain. We want it to be of the highest possible quality. Funcom has learned a harsh lesson about not releasing anything that hasn't got the best possible quality. We will not rush a product to the stores that we are not satisfied with.
    Then they release 14.6 a month before releasing the booster....

After a while of dissapointment I was excited to see patch notes in 14.6 which said there were fixes for couple pet bugs. Instead the pets only got worse.

Not to mention the feelings of the entire test community.

It's a sad thing when you have to go back to 12.6 to find a worse patch than this one. Worse yet when the company seems to pretend it is okay.

I really wish Gaute's quote in the above article applied to the live game as well.

The deadline for 14.7 is irrelevant. 14.6 could and should have been fixed on test, not tested and fixed on live. I really wish 14.6 could have been rolled back and that I could get my money back for two weeks that the game has been frusratingly unplayable.

I don't think I'm alone when I say that 14.6 has been really disappointing for the fans of AO. I'm sure Cz and some of the other developers at FC that really care must feel the same way.

I don't care what the booster contains, if this is the price the regular players pay for its development; then I sincerely hope you don't make another one again.
    Last edited by Sallust; Nov 19th, 2002 at 19:26:08.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

BTW, the poll no longer exists, or has been locked out.

Umm the problem isn't that funcomm releases beta patches onto live servers...it's that they ALWAYS release beta patches on live servers. The test server is worthless. Funcomm doesn't lsiten to the Tester input so why bother.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts