Thread: Hey Funcom, guess this mob's name.

Arrow Hey Funcom, guess this mob's name.

Hey Funcom, guess this mob's name.

URL to 15KB image below.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/noldur/guessmyname.jpg

Any ETA on helping players with this visibly evident and obvious problem that has been around since beta?

Hello?

aha!. it's a... uuhh... was..tec...o..lle..ct..or..

Wastecollector! I got it! what'd I win?

(yeah they really do need to do something about that white on white thing.. gets annoying.. especially in white rooms in missions)
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

ETA? Shoot, I'm still waiting to hear that its recognized as a bug.

As a matter of interest, was this screenshot taken while your char was wearing night vision goggles or a scope? Without them, text can be hard to read, with them reading text can be completely impossible under bright conditions.

So I think there are actually two bugs here. The basic bug is that text cannot be, or isn't, adjusted to compensate for the background (e.g. adding a shadow or darkening the chat pane). The other bug is that vision enhancers aggravate the problem because they brighten, but also change the color of the environemnt. So text, and some objects like the up button on mission elevator in a white room, that might otherwise be visible, aren't.

Yep, I was wearing the Night Vision goggles whilst playing. But you've seen my previous Suggestions regarding this.

Black (or semi-transparent, but a dark transparent plz) rectangle behind the name that auto-sizes to the name would be fantastic.

Just makes me think that Funcom's programmers don't play their own game. It's a stupid little thing, but a GUI can make or break a game honestly.

bump for the heck of it..

oh yeah, I want it to have a solid color on the inside and the opposite color as a border, but any good fix would work.
    Last edited by Maxtor 1-7; Nov 19th, 2002 at 04:54:39.

Originally posted by zeroframerate
    Yep, I was wearing the Night Vision goggles whilst playing. But you've seen my previous Suggestions regarding this.

Black (or semi-transparent, but a dark transparent plz) rectangle behind the name that auto-sizes to the name would be fantastic.

Just makes me think that Funcom's programmers don't play their own game. It's a stupid little thing, but a GUI can make or break a game honestly.
    ummm why not just turn off "other effects" ... you wont see black when blinded either

*edit* try putting some night vision goggles on irl, they are bein pretty nice to you based on what that screeny shows lol
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

ummm why not just turn off "other effects" ... you wont see black when blinded either
    Bug (Exploit?), will be fixed in the next patch I belive.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Wink Good stuff

Originally posted by Maxtor 1-7
    oh yeah, I want it to have a solid color on the inside and the opposite color as a border, but any good fix would work.
    -- Yea this is good, like Red border with black text maybe...

You can always do something special for those tweakers out there and Make it negative color to the background, then when they turn in a colorful area, they can watch the pretty colors!

Originally posted by Centurion3

Bug (Exploit?), will be fixed in the next patch I belive.
    might be "fixed", but it will never be fixed.

there are numerous ways of bypassing a black "overlay" like that. they would need to change it so that the engine wouldn't render anything when blinded.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

*edit* try putting some night vision goggles on irl, they are bein pretty nice to you based on what that screeny shows lol
    So ... when are you going to talk about the topic instead of going off on your own thread in the middle of mine?

I am talking about your topic, I have a solution, just check a box and poof no more problem

wearing night vision goggles during the day though *sigh*... why not just TAKE THEM OFF

hehehe

I love silly threads

as far as bug(exploit) goes, /follow works when blind, so does your map... bug maybe, exploit, naaa.

fixed in the next patch? HAHAHAHAHA

kk, whatever you say. If it IS fixed how pathetic, it is so minor (and has workarounds anyway) that they should not waste their time on it.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I am talking about your topic, I have a solution, just check a box and poof no more problem

wearing night vision goggles during the day though *sigh*... why not just TAKE THEM OFF

hehehe

I love silly threads
    Wowzers, you're still missing the point of the topic. LOL. I guess a thread would seem silly to a poster who has no idea what a thread's about.