Thread: Roleplay and Notum Wars

Roleplay and Notum Wars

The game code for this is already going into the game with Notum Wars. It would be a great option for the RP community to be able to turn it on and off without having to attack a tower. (if that doesnt make sense, read about the towers)

If there was a way to "declare war" on a guild. I.E. all members of each guild are constantly in PVP with eachother. This would allow a coalition of RP groups to be in PVP to act out any RP they want without suppression gas interfering.

For example if Omni org 1, Omni org 2 and Clan org 1 all were 'at war' with eachother. Not in a RP sense, but as far as game mechanics, that would allow any combiation of RP situations not necessarily involving pvp to happen in 100% zones WITHOUT outside interferance.

If one of any of the players started killing randomly, they could be kicked from their org and no longer in PvP with the other orgs. Guild leaders would have to be active to keep the other coalition guilds trust and stay 'at war' with those guilds.

It would make entire orgs 'at war' with each other, effectively in a 0% to eachother throughout the entire game.

How this would effect RP:
    Lets say 5 omni-pol take a criminal into custody. They may never fire, and the criminal goes along with them, but the threat would be "real".

Another example, an Omni-Pol character happens upon 5 criminals in the middle of a crime. They could warn him, get lost or we're gonna blaze you up cop. The omni-pol character would have to leave or face a "real" threat.

In my examples these players have a understanding, and respect eachother though they are on "opposite sides".

This would involve alot of trust. There would be a understanding between members not to simply use it to grief eachother or run in shooting unless agreed upon. It would open up the way for alot more flexability in what can be RP'ed.

Player of Ulyses7

I love this idea.

Bump!
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

good idea.

about a year ago i suggested the same measures be implemented for people that get married.