Thread: Man, they have hosed a ton of stuff with this patch

Man, they have hosed a ton of stuff with this patch

I am a level 103 Engy running a level 113 mission and here is what i have discovered so far:

1. Skilled Robot builders that are yellow to me have slayerdroids... hmmm, they must have 170implants in because i am 103 and i have warbot with 150 level implants and mochams - i cannto wait to see the super kool MP in my mission that is handing out the buffs...

2. I cannot name my pet so i cannot distinguish his damage from the other warbots also in here - or select him in the melee battle...

3. i am trimming the other Engy pets in battle cuz of name thing - cool that i can commit suicide so many ways now...

4. my Y bar goes screwy everytime i zone

5. my pack also does a massive shuffle every zone...

6. I have 3 robot builders in the beginnng of this mission - you should see this - 2 slayers, 1 warbot, and my warbot all getting it on... i can almost watch for 1 entire second before i have to zone...

i am not asking to be uber here funcom - hell i play the class you have ignored almost 100%. all i ask is that you actually use the test server and work out some of this stuff before you go 'live' - i mean, did anyone zone on the test server? can you please make it impossible for me to trim the enemys droids?

and please - do not nerf the npc bots, just let me have their same T&S and MC plz.

-Holybyte (currently outside in home - shaking and too scared to go back in)

(edit: another cool feature is that the bots do not give exp and they do not die once their master is killed - i really want this feature!!! i would love it if my WAY OE bot would kill off whatever was fighting me and then hang about waiting for me - that would be great... the main thing i am taking away from this is that the next uber class is Robotbuilder - screw being an engineer....)
    Last edited by holytouch; Nov 6th, 2002 at 20:21:35.

Many of these bugs were known. And as for naming pets, try simple names of 4 characters or more, the new filters don't like "bob" or "bot" or anything else with only 3 characters...

And MOB pets... discussed to death...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

hmmmm

ok - my pet hotkey was for the name "Ike" so maybe that is it.. as for the pets "discussed to death" i just missed those posts..

anyway iam cancelling. FC lost me twice now, won't be a third time - good luck everyone with those new npc "pets" - what a great feature <sigh>

Holybyte <retired>

I'll give 'em a week to emergency patch the levels of the pets down to a sane point.

Then the ranting begins.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

You forgot to mention the aggro bar bug, the settings rest bug (like auto-attack coming back anytime you zone) and the animations bug (sit to recharge and it show you standing up).

This patch should not have gone live. Bad decision here by FunCom.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops