Thread: Developers: Do you even care?

Unhappy Developers: Do you even care?

This is the first time I've had the need to be angry at Funcom. I came to terms with the fact that the mezz pets don't work, and that the Creation weapons are useless. I've accepted the fact that my top meatball is now greenish yellow, and it outdamages the top demon. I outclass them both with my ql 200 x-3. And now I hear rumors that x-3's will be nerfed. So I guess it'll be a total retool for an Ithaca or an SMG, then.

I feel like levelling to 200 just to spite you developers. To make it to the level limit in spite of the obstacles you've placed in out path by destroying everything that drew me and many others to the MP profession in the first place. Although not particularly original, on paper it looked like AO had a brilliant implementation of the ability to give aspects of our psyche's material forms. And yet we can do nothing with them except use them as low to medium damage weapons.

I don't think MP's necessarily are gimps or cannot do any damage. It's always the player who can't cut it, not the tool. It's just that we've had to do other things in order not to consider ourselves to be xp leeches or just portable buff terminals with attitude. Every other MP is basically now an Agent. Is this what you intended? No? Well, do you think I'm gonna get the 35 million or so xp I need for my next ding from making implants, at max 1k xp per cluster? We do what we have to do. What are you developers gonna do?

Yes, I can play other classes, and I do. A lot. But I'm tired of seeing patches pop up with items for all other professions, I'm tired of hearing fellow MP's in frustration are instigating boycotts, but most of all I'm tired of not hearing anything from the ones who are supposed to see the bigger picture of the game.

AO:Shadowlands better be the biggest MP item package EVER. And you better tell us that soon. What to give the MP's I leave to your judgement.

Edited for typos.
    Last edited by Nephi; Nov 5th, 2002 at 19:57:25.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

AO:Shadowlands better be the biggest MP item package EVER. And you better tell us that soon. What to give the MP's I leave to your judgement.
    I could care less for the items. But it would certainly not hurt if we had other then Cz someone else who would post about the class fixes on these boards. What is the process ? What is currently being worked on ? What did you manage to fix and hope to put in next patch ? If you tell people what you do, how you advance you will have them happy. If you decide to keep silent then you will just have more people stand up and scream at you.

Don't add new content, fix the current one ! Get the classes to work at 80% and then take your time to concentrate on new stuff. When someone reaches level 200 then there SHOULD be a reason to keep playing that char.

See Everquest..When you reach 60 the world is yours because you finally get out of the xp cycle and have something different, exciting to do.

Listen to us and SHOW us that you have heard our voes. We don't need fixes on the fly but we would be just as happy to get some response from you that you are working on something with some detail about it..

peace out.
    Marodeur
    Vampire of the Shadow Ops
    Rimor

Re: Developers: Do you even care?

Originally posted by OkkenBom
    I've accepted the fact that my top meatball is now greenish yellow, and it outdamages the top demon. I outclass them both with my ql 200 x-3. And now I hear rumors that x-3's will be nerfed.

Edited for typos.
    x-3 wont be nerfed

and if it is i quit =P
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

What is the process ? What is currently being worked on ? What did you manage to fix and hope to put in next patch ? If you tell people what you do, how you advance you will have them happy. If you decide to keep silent then you will just have more people stand up and scream at you.
    This is almost the exact point I made about DAOC and Mythic a couple months back before I quit playing....

Hate to see Funcom fall into the pit Mythic is in with the DAOC community.