Thread: lvl 170 newbie seeks advice on wealth

lvl 170 newbie seeks advice on wealth

hiya im close to a 170 ma and still kinda feeled noobed out. i figure lvl 170 life isnt too different from lvl 200 life so i kinda think im missing something. id say i have around 70mil ish credits and wonder how people amass their 100's of millions of credits to blow on GA's padded coats, eggs and the like. i pretty much just sell my shares of loot from team missions and blitz some credits every now and again and let credits pile up. but this seems like a very tedious slow process and was wondering how you mega-millionaires amassed your fortunes.

thanks for your time

-Alty

Buying low, selling high
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

camp endless hours for GA discs
    camp unique spawns
    etc...

oh, bring lots of marshmallows, it helps.
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

And let's not forget exploits

Originally posted by reality
    And let's not forget exploits

prolly the main reason.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Someone, don't remember who, gave some good money hoarding advice.

When there a new patch about to go Live you check the database/websites for the new stuff.
    Then as soon as the servers are up you bitz/do team missions/quests etc like crazy.
    Sell all the new loot to the highest bidder on the shopping channels/exchange forums while the price is still high.

After a few weeks/days you can get the stuff you need for yourself.

Example: When they put in the new antisnare nanos you get them at day one and stand around in Omni Trade or Tir Grid selling them to other players who are a bit more lazy.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Some professions have easier than other :

- my Enforcer had his first million at level 90 or so.
    - my Crat had it at level 70 or so (with all the nanos / implants to get).
    - my Fixer had it at level 30.

And I don't want to be mean, but if at level 170 you don't know how AO economy is working I guess you just didn't saw 80% of this game.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

1) Don't e-bay to 170.
    2) Do something OTHER than freaking BS missions to 170.
    3) Make friends.

That's how to learn how the economy works.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

thank you Kaghelion for an actual productive response. And i guess thanks for all the "no duh" responses. And yes ive seen more than 20% of the world and do more than BS missions. I understand in game and real world economics...

guess ill stay my current financial bracket since i will not exploit or camp for indefinite days a la everquest.

was just wondering what tricks the super rich of rubi ka used to make there super fortunes.

thanks

-Alty

I'm not too surprised at Gummizluv's and Kiryat-Dharin's smart ass answers to a completely legitimate question by Altyrna not to mention totally unfounded accusations of ebaying. After all, who can take seriously a person named Gummizluv anyway?

70 million is about normal for a level 170 player who has mostly leveled, never exploited or found a rare, expensive item. Even if you blitzed your nuts off at level 152 for ql200 ncus you could earn maybe 30 million in a week since most of the time is finding the ncus in the missions anyway...

I'm level 155 and have a decent amount of cash but not the 200 million that people are asking for rare items and I assure you that I know the game and started this character from scratch.

So, in response to the question to get 250 million credits you either:
    1)Buy them from ebay
    2)Exploit <--- most likely
    3)ninja loot a rare item and don't tell your team
    4)find a rare nano like Grid Armor or Nullity Sphere to sell

In some, very rare, instances a person can buy and sell items to make good profit but it usually requires a large bankroll to start dealing in the high level items where the profit really is. Then if you keep the item for yourself your bankroll is gone.

(activates the fire deflection sheild...)

Any wise 120-140ish character can make at least 2.5 million credits per hour legitimately running missions without breaking a sweat and without going to East Bumble. This is without selling anything other than to a shop terminal. Maybe even more if the character is a Crat/Fixer/Trader/NT/Agent. Higher level fixers and agents (in FP/MP Fixer) could probably do 5 million an hour or more. So 100 million credits is probably a couple of hard day's work for a high level Fixer. My 135 crat will devote a total day (8-12 hours) of mezzing missions soon and post the results.

Get in touch with colinh she is a professional n00b/beggar. She accually made a begging thread on the RK 1 exchange.

Seriously though. I have made my millions buying low selling high. Of course and even more profitable way is having items and selling high.

Take you alpha loots ask for a fair share of boss loot and sell to shops. It is insanely easy to get a million creds in this game. Just repeat you favored method and you will have enough money in no time.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

hmmm... 2.5 million credits per hour.
    5 battlesuits that fetch 500k each unless you know something else that fetches decent money from a terminal.
    One every 12 minutes not including the time it takes to get them from a mission terminal, gridding and buffing up.
    I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but I'm skeptical. It takes me 100-200 trys to find anything decent to blitz in the mission terminals and that alone takes over 12 minutes.
    And don't forget the thread was started by an MA which is not particulary advantageous for making money.

Well I am level 136 and make about 1-2 million per mission, but you have alpha loot every mob. And when I dont get boss loot I always ask for anything to sell. If I see items I know will sell, I advertise on the shopping channel.

But I do have to say there was a week that I found 6 QL200 Albrechts and got 5 mill a piece....but that was then, now all i find are Kin of Taressque Discs and crystals.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Mmmm... Fresh off the farm.

Farm your money.

Blitz QL239 anima nanos by the dozens and sell them in the shops. Do this until you feel like killing someone because it's so god awful boring, take a break, go back at it again.

When you have 500 million, you're in for a rough lesson; try buying some Grid Armor. You will be outbid. Get discouraged and keep farming.

When you have 999 million credits try buying Grid Armor again. Once again you'll be discouraged because the seller will only accept bids including 'The Left Testicle of Cz'.

This will lead you to the aweful truth of AO; Money is a garnish.

You will need rare items if you are to stand a chance at getting ahead in this game. It's a downward spiral...

By the way, I have 18 million left... But I have spent/lent/traded over a billion credits worth of items and 'garnish' (money, totalling 501 million), buying Grid Armor for myself or lending money to guildmates to buy thier own. And the sad thing is, even if I still had all that stuff, I'd be considered poor.

Blah.

~Hoopspro

I myself have a high lvl and trader this is the best combo for making money fast Sneak animas crystals with your agent and sell them in trader shop for DBL the value doing this you can make 30mill a day if devoted
    Aykaziel

Syndacate

Lucavii

Red face

i'm lvl 177 atm and i only have 47 ish mill.
    i could blitz anima's but it bores me. i useally make money from vendoring stuff i looted in a mission. never found any rare drop. i dont camp uniqes (see blitzing anima's). and i dont really need credits for anything except twinking. i can blitz so i useally do when i need anything such as armor weapons ect. only thing i need to pay for is nano packs costs about 2 mill for 2500 which i can useally make in 2 or 3 team missions.... and ammo which is dirt cheap... soldier prof i dont need any rare expensive item as such so i dont really worry about credits.

no idea why i typed this i just felt like it :P

bye
    Faizan 216/13 Sol - Omni - Inner circle
    ¤=)===> - <===(=¤
    My type is: SKA
    Socializer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Explorer 20%

Current Equip - Still To Get!

¤=)===> - <===(=¤

Originally posted by Kwerk
    After all, who can take seriously a person named Gummizluv anyway?
    ROFL that's a good one.
    I would put it in my sig with your name if I was absolutly sure that some not too bright people would start giving you credit after that. Now if you could be slightly productive today, give a hugh to all BDS old timers.

Still, thinking that Ebay and exploiting is the only way to have a 100s millions at level 170 is the better way to make me think that your toon was actually bought on Ebay.

So you know the price of Mark of Risk nano ? Do you know the price of a Soft Pepper ? Do you know the price of a full set of Q80 nano armor ? Do you know the price of a Beam ? Do you know the price of a cushion ? I stop here. I have dozens of low-medium Q items that comes in my mind if I need to make some profit.

My Fixer is level 54 now and I still have 7 mil after buying a Yalm.
    I don't even actually run missions to get item for sale full time. It's more like 1 out of 5 missions. And even at that time I don't blitz but actually kill everything.

I also have high Q items that I sell for my higher toons, but I don't take that into account.

So yes again at level 170 it's time to socialize, talk to other players and if you need so, check what they want, get it and make some money. All the people that I know at this level and that have 400 or 500 millions have been working for them.

Now making business is not fun for everyone. I do love spending 1 or 2 hr selling / buying stuff in Tir, or giving stuff away instead of throwing it at the shop terms. That's a social part of the game I enjoy as well as sometime talking to Trolls on the forum (not you Altyrna your post was quite nice and genuine).
    Now camping Tara raids or Smuggler's Den never was a fun experience for me, and has always been quite the opposite of a social experience.

Enjoy AO in the way you want and don't get nervous about not magically having bazillions of creds at level 170.
    Last edited by Unexpected; Nov 6th, 2002 at 10:47:58.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Wow, people still play this game? I thought I'd be the last person to get bored of AO...

Why do you want 250 million?

Why do you want 500 million?

I can make 100m in a few days, just doing missions. I do that when I run low on cash, cash that I spent on implants and ammo, rechargers etc...just the basic wear-n-tear items.

I haven't had over 200m on all my chars combined, ever. Does it matter? no...I have the items I want, I have the items I need, I have a few items just to be "cool". I really wanted a ga4, now I have it. If I hadn't gotten it the way I did, I would have found another way. Probably not buying it for creds...I don't know...Point is, if you really want a certain item, it's not that hard to get. But it helps if you know what you are doing and have a good guild (with good I do not mean a guild of 400 people that do nothing but camp btw, I mean skilled players...which most of the members of the mega-guilds are not).

But if you now so badly want money...from all my chars, I've found out that the fastest moneymaker is the fixer. She runs fast, and is hard to hit. Camp missions for items that sell for alot to vendors, or to players. If you chose vendor, like I do cuz I hate to sell stuff, make sure you find a mule so you can move the items to your high level trader so he can sell them to trader shop for even more creds.

The sad part though...is that no matter how much you work at it, there will always be someone with an exploit that can outbid you, unless you have nice friends (guild for example) that can help you get unique items, not just money.