Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please make a patch with NO NEW content!

Originally posted by Turin

Actually, Carbonum armor is GREAT. They finally seem to have at least gotten it right wit this one.

Weapons... thats another story.
    Of course, there is one or two exceptions and I agree, Carbonum is great. But that is only one line of armor out of hundreds of possible things. If there where more items just as good and useful we could have a much better functioning economy in AO.
    But fact still remains, tradeskills are still a neglected part of AO.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

mini patch notes?

perhaps you can give us mini patch notes with all the info on what was being looked at.. at least then we can have an idea to whats being fixed.... like BBI's were scheduald for 14.6 .. so cant you post "BBI's are schedualed for this patch but currently in the works" dont know.. We want to know whats being fixed :*)

~BUMP~ for a no content patch!!! Bix fixes would BE EXTREMELY Helpfull.

~herich~ out.

---------------------
    *also bumping to raise post count*

This post makes so much sense to me. The worst bug of all for me is the HP bar one. Being a Doctor every single patch I cross my fingers for it to be fixed. And every single time its the same story.

My dad once told me "son before you start modifying your car you need to fix all the problems on it.(god he was right)" He made alot of sense. I see AO the sameway, you don't ad new toys before fixing the base.

At least they should do it this way with there team orientation:

70 - 80% fix the bugs

Rest works on new content...

huh? This makes NO sense? Are you saying that we cant have a bug only fix cause then the aretists would be left sitting on there hands for a month or something? I dont think that would be the case anyways. There is always something to keep someone busy
    Nice. someone to debate with. Who's gonna have the last word, and who's gonna flee in disgrace, never to reply on the topic again?

So what part doesn't make sense? Looks like you understand my argument. Well, sorta. I'm saying that with a 1 or 2 month delay between patches, you can't have a bug-only patch because what would the artists & mappers do? What doesn't make sense is your statement of "There is always something to keep someone busy". Sure, you could have them quilting a blanket to keep them busy, but you wanna make optimal use of resources, which a small company like funcom needs to do, they need to keep everyone busy doing whatever they are best at. For artists, mappers and writers, that means pumping out new content.

Yes!

Fix what we already have and which is not working, rather than add more content and more things to fix.

AO is like a car you take in because the engine is not running properly. They return it and the engine is still not running properly but they used the money you paid them to put in a stereo and a sunroof.

I laugh at their excuses. Saying things like the player missions will not return because they cannot fix the item exploit which allowed people to duplicate non drop items. Well.. look at your own code for when the same items are traded and get a clue!

Pet Pathing, Health Bar (grrr) and basic client sync problems. Will they ever be solved?

Nice work on the new character area. Maybe you should add an 'abandon hope all who enter here' sign above the exit.

I don't want a black Yalmaha, I want the blackholing when I fight to stop. I want no more phantom damage. I don't want to lose items and be told there is no system to replace them. I want the coffee machine to work. I want player missions to work. I want the broken nano lines fixed. I want nano resist fixed. I want the Yalm bug fixed.

Thank you for ignoring all these problems so new players can see nice spaceships when they roll a character.

Well... I think most people who leaves the game do so because of the lack of contents (city of homes missions anyone ?).
    People don't leave because of small bugs that aren't critical for gameplay.
    I prefer that they keep working on fixing the big flaws of the game (contents being one, regarding hunting and pvp, although with the recent patches and the booster pack, it's getting there) as well as the small ones (bugs).

i dont see how hard it is to find a bug fix it send out a tiny patch when i login i d/l the patch bug is fixed after they have so many little patches they combine them into one bigger patch so you dont have 20 little bug fix patches flying around

id rather login every day and have to do a 20s d/l than play a game full of bugs every time i login

1 less bug is a 1 step in the right direction for this dieing game

and on a side note*

i dunno if this has anything to do with fc being in europe but what ive been told before in school is european countries are more laid back when it comes to working were as we americans have no lives except at work but maybe thats a reason why fc has this problem of being so damn lazy about everything

bring it to america all work and no play makes all yer customers happy :>
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by gwend
    and on a side note*

i dunno if this has anything to do with fc being in europe but what ive been told before in school is european countries are more laid back when it comes to working were as we americans have no lives except at work but maybe thats a reason why fc has this problem of being so damn lazy about everything
    Even if this is off topic I have to reply to this, even if it was meant a light joke...I hope. This is an opinion that comes up ever so often on these forums and it is starting to tick me off.
    Yes, it is true that your sad excuse for unions have not managed to bring down your working hours to a humane level, so you're stuck working a lot more actual hours than "us" Europeans do. Working long hours do not equal a lot of work being done though, there is research that shows that Europeans are more efficient at work when they manage to squeeze in a few hours here and there beteen all our free time. So all in all I would say that we come out about equal.

I have no doubt that FC is working very hard at what they do, their problem seems to be that they focus on the wrong things. They add a lot of content that most players aren't to thrilled about - can you say boss camps - and now the boosterpack. Instead of building a stable foundation for AO to rest on by patching the existing game they continue to throw in content that has not been properly tested and therefore making the mess even worse.
    The reason for FC's acting like this is something that you as an American should understand very well...money. (See, I can be prejudiced too. )
    In the long run this will most likely work against them, but I suppose they wouldn't agree.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

|
    |
    dont want to go off topic, but that was an extremly stupid sentence.
    Niraxtc

100% killer 33% achiever 33% socializer 33% explorer

Originally posted by Dominata
    I strongly agree. No matter how many boosters FC makes, if they do not fixes all the annoying little bugs out there players will continue to leave. Bug fixes is the true love that players need, not glowing 20 feet leets around a campfire.
    But I LIKE 20 feet tall leets. Expecially when they sit on a campfire, glowing!
    *picks out a knife, fork and a bottle of ketchup from his backpack*
    yummi!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12