Thread: What if real companys advertised?

What if real companys advertised?

What if on some of the billboards ingame real companys advertised? It could give money towards new content and patches. Maybe make Cz superhuman so he can reply to all the threads needing offical war
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

It would damage the immersiveness of the environment, but the added revenue might be worth it, if they put it towards hiring additional developers and the results were obvious to us the players.

On the other hand, I heard that many companies aren't interested in this sort of advertising.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Animosity (I believe) posted a similar suggestion last week. I don't think it's a good idea, because I do feel that advertisers might exert pressure on Funcom regarding content and so on.

Both good points. I still think the game needs outside revenue if they cant put content out with current resources.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Doesnt fit with the fiction either for those of you who have read prophet without honour.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

RL ads = me out of AO.
    Dominata
    Member of THM